Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:49:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 [183] 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][EGC] EverGreenCoin | Environmental Green Causes | Full 7% PoS | Foundation  (Read 284480 times)
Chicago

Activity: 592
Merit: 259

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 05:34:15 AM

Hello Evergreeners,

Earlier today, I received a communication from GitHub Staff regarding a report made to them requesting the removal of my development repositories and both an associated GitHub account and GitHub organization.
    So there is no confusion, the Official Development Tree is https://github.com/EverGreenCoinDev/EverGreenCoin

GitHub Staff described the confusion reported by the complainant in regards to a United States Patent and Trademark Office filing from Sep. 9, 2016 as follows.
        https://tmog.uspto.gov/#/issueDate=2017-02-07&serialNumber=87166201

I'm contacting you on behalf of GitHub support, because we've received a report that your repository, (link to repository omitted), may use another company's registered trademark in a way likely to mislead or cause confusion between the projects. Your repository seems to be in conflict with the registered trademark "evergreencoin".

They've contacted us to request that the repository be removed. Keep in mind that I'm simply passing along this information, and these actions and changes are not requests made directly by GitHub.

We'd like to give you a chance to respond, or to clear up the confusion by renaming the repository (and removing other references to their registered
name from your code, if necessary). We'll follow up with you in a week. If we don't hear from you or no change is made within that time, we may need
to disable the repository in accordance with our GitHub Trademark Policy, which you can find here:

https://help.github.com/articles/github-trademark-policy

Please let me know if you have any questions and I'd be happy to help!

GitHub Staff then provided the following information as it pertains to the description of the confusion.
(link to repository omitted) is clearly violating my trademark I hold on evergreencoin and the evergreencoin logo. Both of these are used throughout the repo. Here you can see the logo used several times: (link to repository omitted) but it is in other files also. The name "evergreencoin" is not only the name of the repo, but used probably hundreds of times in the code. The repo claims to be the official evergreencoin repo. It is not.Both the word "evergreencoin" (in all case variations) and the logo are protected by registered trademark of the USPTO, https://tmog.uspto.gov/#/issueDate=2017-02-07&serialNumber=87166201 Even usi ng the work in "(organization name omitted)" does infringe on this trademark. This person is trying to falsify evergreencoin and claiming the repo is the official evergreencoin repo (see the description) when it is not the official repo.

GitHub Staff then shared the complainant's requested action.
Prompt removal before someone is mislead or worse, stolen from financially, in my name and my trademarked coin's name.Thank you for your time

I have complied with the request by removing the repository and organization account moments after reading the email messages from GitHub Staff.
    There was no prior complaint made directly to me by the EverGreenCoin Foundation or any other party.

Had there been a request for any references to evergreencoin or the evergreencoin logo to be removed from my development repository; the matter would have been resolved without necessitating an escalation to GitHub Staff.

Therefore, I hope there is no longer any potentially unresolved confusion as it pertains to the Official Development Tree: https://github.com/EverGreenCoinDev/EverGreenCoin

Transparency is one of my core values and I trust the community understands no ill will is harbored here regarding the above matter.

I look forward to a promising future for both the Evergreeners and the EverGreenCoin network.

Best Regards,
-Chicago

In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1192

EverGreenCoin® (EGC) EverGreenCoin.org

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2017, 07:44:59 AM
Last edit: March 28, 2017, 08:09:23 AM by EverGreenCoin

Friendly reminder, we are raffling away an EverGreenCoin Cannabis T-shirt. Entries are only $1 and if you pay for your entry with EGC, you will receive 2 entries!

There are very few entries at this time so, you will have very favourable odds of winning.

If you wish, please purchase your entry via our marketplace, https://evergreencoin.org/product/egcc-t-shirt-raffle/ where you can pay with credit cards, pay pal, hundreds of cryptocurrencies, or of course, EverGreenCoin.

Good luck!

EDIT: The drawing will be held April the 15th.

Gizfreak
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

Allergic to false promises

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 10:52:03 AM

@Chicago
I don't get it.
Isn't the trademark EverGreenCoin owned by Steven? So where is all the fuzz about?
Chicago

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 12:40:09 PM

@Chicago
I don't get it.
Isn't the trademark EverGreenCoin owned by Steven? So where is all the fuzz about?

Hi Gizfreak,

Late last year, community members in the freenode #EverGreenCoin channel discussed immediate and near-term goals for the project.
    One of the topics for discussion included leveraging the continual improvements made by upstream developers who contribute more significant changes to their repositories.

We evaluated Mammix's boostcoin-core repository and rat4's BlackCoin repository.
    This is because EverGreenCoin is a direct descendant of MaiaCoin which receives updates mostly in lockstep from Mammix's boostcoin-core project.
    Since boostcoin-core received more maintenance than MaiaCoin which had no meaningful commits beyond implementing the boostcoin-core fixes; it was important to first see whether anything offered in the new boostcoin-core code would benefit us now or in the future.

There were no significant changes in boostcoin-core or MaiaCoin to merit a future based on only MaiaCoin or BoostCoin updates.
    However, MaiaCoin and BoostCoin are both descendants of BlackCoin and our code is nearly a replica of BlackCoin v1.0.6 from April, 21st 2014 with only a few minor changes.

Since BlackCoin had been more active and had meaningful contributions tested by more users over a much longer period of time; it was important to look at BlackCoin development to improve our own project and address shortcomings.  These efforts were the direct result of discussions in the IRC channel where a timeline for rebasing was set for 1Q17.

The issue came about after I successfully rebased EverGreenCoin onto the BlackCoin repository so we could draw updates from BlackCoin in the future.

After the project was completed and the client code was published on GitHub and found to be satisfactory without any observed regressions, it wasn't much longer until I received the message from GitHub Staff.

In a nutshell, I provided more than 100 hours of volunteer time to do work which benefits the community and the EverGreenCoin network.
    After publishing the work, the GitHub repository and account were reported for a violation of the GitHub Trademark Policy.
    Unless the repository was renamed and all references to the registered name were removed from the code, GitHub Staff suggested they would forcibly disable the repository.

That's the gist of it.

Best Regards,
-Chicago
abyaby123

Activity: 203
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 01:01:23 PM

@Chicago
I don't get it.

Hi Gizfreak,

Late last year, community members in the freenode #EverGreenCoin channel discussed immediate and near-term goals for the project.
    One of the topics for discussion included leveraging the continual improvements made by upstream developers who contribute more significant changes to their repositories.

We evaluated Mammix's boostcoin-core repository and rat4's BlackCoin repository.
    This is because EverGreenCoin is a direct descendant of MaiaCoin which receives updates mostly in lockstep from Mammix's boostcoin-core project.
    Since boostcoin-core received more maintenance than MaiaCoin which had no meaningful commits beyond implementing the boostcoin-core fixes; it was important to first see whether anything offered in the new boostcoin-core code would benefit us now or in the future.

There were no significant changes in boostcoin-core or MaiaCoin to merit a future based on only MaiaCoin or BoostCoin updates.
    However, MaiaCoin and BoostCoin are both descendants of BlackCoin and our code is nearly a replica of BlackCoin v1.0.6 from April, 21st 2014 with only a few minor changes.

Since BlackCoin had been more active and had meaningful contributions tested by more users over a much longer period of time; it was important to look at BlackCoin development to improve our own project and address shortcomings.  These efforts were the direct result of discussions in the IRC channel where a timeline for rebasing was set for 1Q17.

The issue came about after I successfully rebased EverGreenCoin onto the BlackCoin repository so we could draw updates from BlackCoin in the future.

After the project was completed and the client code was published on GitHub and found to be satisfactory without any observed regressions, it wasn't much longer until I received the message from GitHub Staff.

In a nutshell, I provided more than 100 hours of volunteer time to do work which benefits the community and the EverGreenCoin network.
    After publishing the work, the GitHub repository and account were reported for a violation of the GitHub Trademark Policy.
    Unless the repository was renamed and all references to the registered name were removed from the code, GitHub Staff suggested they would forcibly disable the repository.

That's the gist of it.

Best Regards,
-Chicago

And what was Stevens answer to that things? I can understand that this is a really bad situation that could be prevented from the start. If somebody reported trademark things it could only be Steven, but then I don't understand why you don't just talk to each other before posting it here...
Gizfreak
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

Allergic to false promises

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 01:44:52 PM
Last edit: March 28, 2017, 01:56:30 PM by Gizfreak

And what was Stevens answer to that things? I can understand that this is a really bad situation that could be prevented from the start. If somebody reported trademark things it could only be Steven, but then I don't understand why you don't just talk to each other before posting it here...
Exactly. For me it seems like an internal thingy.
If there should be a trademark violation that should be addressed, it would be http://www.ebay.com/usr/evergreencoin?rt=nc or http://www.batteriesinaflash.com/evergreen-coin-cell-battery-cr1216-lithium-3v-replaces-dl1216-ecr1216. To name a few.
Chicago

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 01:50:56 PM

Hi abyaby123,

I am accountable to the community for the commitments I have made to all of you, which included accepting a large part of the responsibility for ensuring a successful rebase of the repository so our projected goals would be completed on time and exceed expectations.

The complaint regarding the Github Trademark Policy came to me less than 12 hours after I sent the following email message to Steven.
Hi Steven,

I thought you might like to read this article as it pertains to the
@EvergreenCoin "impersonator" account which has remained unused since
June of 2014 all but for one tweet on 01/29/2015.

https://testlio.com/blog/claiming-a-twitter-username-thats-already-been-taken/

Apparently, since you possess a trademark it may be relatively
painless to obtain the account directly from twitter.

Since the user there actually uses the trademark symbol in their
name; you probably have a real good case.

Best Regards,
-Chicago

Prior to the email message from GitHub Staff, I was not asked to do anything differently than I had been doing since my first pull requests to https://github.com/EverGreenCoinDev/EverGreenCoin had been graciously accepted.  I also received no response after sending the above email which could have easily been the most appropriate time to approach me directly regarding any perceived confusion about the registered name on GitHub.

In other words, the only indication there was a problem came to me directly from GitHub Staff requesting I take action.
    The reason you're reading about it here is because we are all stakeholders in the project and committed to its success.
    Withholding an important status update from the community, about a major project, would have been a material breach of trust.

Best Regards,
-Chicago
EGCCannabis

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 04:04:16 PM

Trademarked coin?  Pretty legit if you ask me.  Don't forget about the T-shirt raffle https://evergreencoin.org/product/egcc-t-shirt-raffle/
Have a great day everyone.

EverGreenCoin®
Cryptocurrency meets environment
drofxafm

Activity: 121
Merit: 20

View Profile
March 28, 2017, 04:24:20 PM

Reading the above I think the issue that Chicago has from GitHub is mainly around how it was done. I.e. being issued a cease and desist via GitHub rather than a friendly private message/email.

Cease and Desist messages via providers are best kept when all else fails. Using them against members of the community is just going to lead to people being needlessly upset and ultimately harms everyone.
EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2017, 03:03:04 AM

Here you can see some advertising 'dollars' hard at work at coinmarketcap.com today.

If you're so inclined, please support our advertising crowdfund to help keep this and future advertising campaigns going. Thanks in advance!

uiiiii888

Activity: 112

🌟 SONM ICO: 25/05/17 🌟

View Profile
March 29, 2017, 04:07:02 AM

Here you can see some advertising 'dollars' hard at work at coinmarketcap.com today.

If you're so inclined, please support our advertising crowdfund to help keep this and future advertising campaigns going. Thanks in advance!
just bought some coins to support EGC. what the next step for EGC. so many coins pump uo so much , there is no reason that EGC did not

S O N M   -   ICO: May 25th until June 25th                                       
FOG COMPUTING & BLOCKCHAIN           [Whitepaper] [Business Overview]
BitcoinTalk | Reddit | GitHub | Slack | Twitter | Facebook | Google Groups | Telegram | Medium
EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2017, 04:18:08 AM

just bought some coins to support EGC. what the next step for EGC. so many coins pump uo so much , there is no reason that EGC did not

Thank you so much for your support and welcome to the EverGreenCoin community.

The current 'hot item' is the Android wallet for EverGreenCoin. Which, funny it should come up as I just now started talking to another Android dev that can make a wellet with staking for us. You may be unaware, but our current plans are in the process of making an Android wallet without staking. As the existing community knows, I would like to deliver both options, one with staking for Android users not concerned about battery consumption and one without staking so Android users that need less battery draw have an option. Be reminded there are many Android devices, not just cell phones. I wish to cater to them all.

While we cannot control the markets or pump and dumps, we can try to influence the market upward with hard work as we build the EGC ecosystem. Thanks again for joining us on that objective!

uiiiii888

View Profile
March 29, 2017, 05:41:21 AM

Thank you so much for your support and welcome to the EverGreenCoin community.

The current 'hot item' is the Android wallet for EverGreenCoin. Which, funny it should come up as I just now started talking to another Android dev that can make a wellet with staking for us. You may be unaware, but our current plans are in the process of making an Android wallet without staking. As the existing community knows, I would like to deliver both options, one with staking for Android users not concerned about battery consumption and one without staking so Android users that need less battery draw have an option. Be reminded there are many Android devices, not just cell phones. I wish to cater to them all.

While we cannot control the markets or pump and dumps, we can try to influence the market upward with hard work as we build the EGC ecosystem. Thanks again for joining us on that objective!

thank you for your reply Smiley so that i think i should buy more coins than

BitcoinTalk | Reddit | GitHub | Slack | Twitter | Facebook | Google Groups | Telegram | Medium
tianxiatang

View Profile
March 29, 2017, 06:01:38 AM

like this coin , and DEV always here, but price dump a lot. i think this coin will great again,waiting for android wallet

starmman
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1029

View Profile
March 29, 2017, 06:05:09 AM

like this coin , and DEV always here, but price dump a lot. i think this coin will great again,waiting for android wallet
I'm not sure why the price dumps so often - I think the coin is way undervalued - I'm using the opportunity to grab a lot of coin before the price increases again. IMO the price at this level is a gift
tianxiatang

View Profile
March 29, 2017, 06:12:30 AM

I'm not sure why the price dumps so often - I think the coin is way undervalued - I'm using the opportunity to grab a lot of coin before the price increases again. IMO the price at this level is a gift
yeah, the some to me, waiting for increase

EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2017, 06:18:10 AM

New urgent crowdfund

We have another Android developer working on the EverGreenCoin wallet for Android WITH staking. We are aiming to have this done and released by this weekend. In an effort not to have to 'borrow' funding from other budgets, we are trying to collect as much as possible of the needed $700 this week via a new crowdfunding, before we need to pay this Android developer.

If you are in a position that you can contribute, your help would be greatly appreciated. Please see the new crowdfunding to contribute with credit cards, pay pal, or hundreds of cryptocurrencies via cointopay.

Thanks so much, in advance!

Kazadar

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 29, 2017, 07:53:34 AM

New urgent crowdfund

We have another Android developer working on the EverGreenCoin wallet for Android WITH staking. We are aiming to have this done and released by this weekend. In an effort not to have to 'borrow' funding from other budgets, we are trying to collect as much as possible of the needed $700 this week via a new crowdfunding, before we need to pay this Android developer.

If you are in a position that you can contribute, your help would be greatly appreciated. Please see the new crowdfunding to contribute with credit cards, pay pal, or hundreds of cryptocurrencies via cointopay.

I am not sure I am reading this right. Can you have the app done in a weekend?
It will be a good step towards getting EGC out to a wider audience.

starmman
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1029

View Profile
March 29, 2017, 08:53:55 AM

New urgent crowdfund

I wont use the wallet - but will still help with the crowd fund as I think it benefits the greater good - can't donate as much as I would like as my order chains have become a bit stretched after the volatility we had recently but have put a couple of buy orders in for the fund from some profits I got overnight - if they are met I'll transfer some funds across.
EverGreenCoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2017, 09:14:46 AM

"... done and released by this weekend.", is what I said. The Android developer does feel there is sufficient time left in the week for him to have it completed by the weekend. He is a very well versed Android developer and I have every reason to believe his projection will be accurate.

Pages: « 1 ... 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 [183] 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 »
  Print  

Jump to: