Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 12:30:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEWS] Monero David Latapie French Police Fraud [updated]  (Read 21943 times)
HCLivess
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1090

=== NODE IS OK! ==

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2015, 09:12:14 AM

Polonibox - Spoetnik - 2015-11-28

all the David Latapies are hiding under their bed's hahahh

Monero Forums - David Latapie - 2015-11-30

https://forum.getmonero.org/20/general-discussion/2428/whatever-happened-to-davidlatapie

Dear Moneroers,

There have been rumours about me. My silence was suspicious and there was even talks of criminal accusations in France.

Time to clear this up.

Months ago, I decided to go one step further in my involvement with Monero and to start a company to promote it (as well as the whole blockchain technology). It happened I made a terrible choice when it came to choose my partners. One of them, a very good smooth-talker, was a crook who managed to swindle us all (four other partners). We since discovered he was doing this for ten years. The French police eventually catched him and last thing I heard, he was in jail.

I deeply involved myself into this project, because it really meant a lot for me. This was not only about earning money, it was the culmination of years of sweating, not only in the society but also inside, in my head. So when everything crumbled, I was devastated.

I'm slowly recovering. It will take time, don't expect to see me much active in the following months on Monero (I do have a great project in the works, where Monero plays a part - I won't go into more details until I have something to show, though). I have to put a lot of things in order. The good news is that what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

I'm still the David Latapie you know. Weakened, but the same. So whatever you may have believed about me several months ago still holds true.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Thank you, Spoetnik, you are a true hero of this forum. Thank you for all your hard work.
Needless to say, this looks like a fake bait and switch to leave the XMR project which is moving nowhere after it has been pumped and dumped into oblivion. I expect it will fall 80-90% soon, following the path of Auroracoin, which was not even such a huge scam. I hope there will be real investigation with time and these XMR scammers get locked up for life.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
HCLivess
Legendary

=== NODE IS OK! ==

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2015, 09:16:33 AM

Published on my website: http://coincidental.eu/2015/12/02/monero-pd-project-cancelled-leave-the-sinking-boat/

HCLivess
Legendary

=== NODE IS OK! ==

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2015, 09:28:05 AM

Then finally, I have entrepreneurial skills (I could compare myself to various real entrepreneurs and assess my level).

Hilariously delusional  Lips sealed here comes the true face of the narcissist

Shrikez

Activity: 399
Merit: 263

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 09:32:57 AM

Just when I thought I couldn't be any more disgusted with this forum people like ceti, Spoetnik and HCLiveless come along and prove me wrong.

What sad specimens you are...

Die Würde des Menschen ist unantastbar
HCLivess
Legendary

=== NODE IS OK! ==

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2015, 09:33:32 AM

Also, found a lot of people to add to ignore list, thanks!

HCLivess
Legendary

=== NODE IS OK! ==

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2015, 09:36:59 AM

You went too far with that title. You made David look like the perpetrator of fraud and not the victim of it. Sad.

You can't be even serious here. We all go through hardship. He whines about isolation (lol, all hardworking people work in isolation for the greater good of the community / civilization), he speaks of physical hardship (wtf???), he is not specific even in one point. Looks like a MAJOR LATAPIE SCAM to me

Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 09:39:59 AM

A lot of unanswered questions. I have been trying to collate information here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1233817.0

in case you hadn't come across the post.

Yup and you did a good job.
I will keep an eye out for any more David Latapie comments you find eh
I have not gone to their forum ever.. i used Google cache before for that link you posted before LOL

Dave has a LOT more to say to us.. he left us with too much vague apologies.. but for what ? What happened *precisely* ?

Dave i am not trying to lynch you just spread the word to what is going on.. and yeah no shit i don't like Monero.
But don't take that as personal attack on your David.

Bear in mind here guy i never started a Jackpotcoin Marketing Company with shady characters before LOL
Then spammed the fuck out of Bitcointalk for 2 years ahhahha
That would be you Dave (and co.)

FUD first & ask questions later™
HCLivess
Legendary

=== NODE IS OK! ==

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2015, 09:42:23 AM

Just when I thought I couldn't be any more disgusted with this forum people like ceti, Spoetnik and HCLiveless come along and prove me wrong.

What sad specimens you are...

It takes NOTHING to realize you are just pushing your cart here, trying to protect your investments. But sometimes things go just too far to hold up, be ready

HCLivess
Legendary

=== NODE IS OK! ==

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2015, 09:47:07 AM

Thinking about it now, from the post it looks like Latapie was a puppet all way long, he seems to be the right kind of a person to easily manipulate for profit, while giving Monero a real, public face/image. Good plan, it takes special efforts to find such an individual.

Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 09:49:19 AM

Thinking about it now, from the port it looks like Latapie was a puppet all way long, he seems to be the right kind of a person to easily manipulate for profit, while giving Monero a real, public face/image. Good plan, it takes special efforts to find such an individual.

Ya you can see why they prob targeted him looking at his pic..

EDIT:
I wonder if Risto was caught funding ISIS in Paris or something..

FUD first & ask questions later™
HCLivess
Legendary

=== NODE IS OK! ==

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2015, 10:26:42 AM

if a fraction of the shill accounts on this forum were real and not puppets, this could turn into a huge HUGE mess, since it took XMR to fail so much longer than any other scamcoin. However, people like rptelia might hold forever

GTO911

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 11:29:29 AM

Levole11

Activity: 566

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 11:34:42 AM

Lol, all neg trusted by xmr neg trust nazi's.. that pic doesn't say anything...
DrkLvr_

Activity: 724

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 12:49:12 PM

a big LOL at all the pathetic concern trolls in here.. yea ceti and HCLivess i mean you

No one really cares what David Latapie does. Personally i wish he weren't associated with Monero at all but what can you do. He's harmless.

If you're really so concerned about dirtbag devs and their shady actions your time would be better spent looking into DARKcoin  Roll Eyes
HCLivess
Legendary

=== NODE IS OK! ==

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2015, 12:51:37 PM

DARKcoin is the same category

DrkLvr_

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 01:14:42 PM

Please explain how they are remotely in the same category? I'm curious here what exactly Monero has done to merit this accusation from you.

HYPE/FUD/SPAM from pump and dumpers not affiliated with core dev team:

Darkcoin: YES
Monero: YES

Massive intentional scam instamine?

Monero: NO

Change in emission curve after launch to the benefit of early adopters/instaminers?

Developers setting up sham votes?  ( https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=525093.msg13123276#msg13123276 )

Developers hyping the coin by announcing publicly they're buying on exchanges while actively selling OTC? ( https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1220204.0 )

illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 01:59:21 PM

Angry butthurt sock puppets with copy-paste FUD rhetoric spamming every thread?

Darkcoin: NO
Monero: YES

noobtrader
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 02:04:04 PM

definitely not the same

EDIT: see above  Roll Eyes

"...I suspect we need a better incentive for users to run nodes instead of relying solely on altruism...",  satoshi@vistomail.com
DrkLvr_

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 02:33:14 PM

How about you little DARK DASH dipshits do one or both of the following:

- post some proof

- refute the proof i've posted

Oh, what's that? You don't have any proof to offer and you can't refute whats been posted?

Quicken

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 02:37:04 PM

So that's three Monero hate threads on the first page here now. Can't say the same for any other coin. Thanks for your concern guys, but Monero is doing just fine.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: