Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 04:32:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEWS] Monero David Latapie French Police Fraud [updated]  (Read 21943 times)
noobtrader
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 02:42:30 PM

So that's three Monero hate threads on the first page here now. Can't say the same for any other coin. Thanks for your concern guys, but Monero is doing just fine.

monero is reaping what they sow...  i hope you understand  Smiley

"...I suspect we need a better incentive for users to run nodes instead of relying solely on altruism...",  satoshi@vistomail.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
obit33

Activity: 514
Merit: 258

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 02:43:04 PM

So that's three Monero hate threads on the first page here now. Can't say the same for any other coin. Thanks for your concern guys, but Monero is doing just fine.

^This...

it's gonna get lots worse before it's gonna get better, if only it weren't so utterly pathetic...

junglist.massive

Activity: 759
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 03:07:14 PM

tl'dr?
monero is dead or not yet?
bigfryguy

Activity: 416
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 03:10:32 PM

wow off topic much?  How does the dark/dash argument pertain to spoetniks post on David Latapie, and the monero blackeye?

Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 04:59:28 PM
Last edit: December 03, 2015, 12:51:24 AM by Spoetnik

I would disagree.. i went to Poloniex last night hung out for a bit had some casual chat (no drama LOL)
And i seen a longer term downward dump trend on the Monero chart.
It's hard to deny it has been tanked and dumped into submission.. so doing fine ?

I don't see why people need to drag other coins into it unless there is a reasonable connection.
I think each case really should be handled separately.
And i have actually tried myself to stay out of the coin vs coin feuds.

@HCLivess, i love the SIG message you have right now ROFL

Coin cloning guide writer Shakezulu (name abandoned 3 years ago) once said (in the foreword of his scrypt guide)
He does it (cloning) for "fun and profit"
So.. i do crypto stuff for the same reason and yeah sometimes it's fun watching the drama unfold
on coin groups that really deserve some come up in's LOL

I don't actually think many people come here with an intent to Troll..
I see it all as mostly the majority of us have strong opinions and long histories and don't like certain coins or people.
That is not Trolling most times but simply friction, drama, clashing personalities and jousting for user's attention.
And i'd never go send someone a threat over this crap.. some of you take this stuff way too personally.
Yeah it's understandable we use real names and pictures and have our money tied up in projects.
So one way or the other someone is gonna have their food on the dinner table affected.

But investing in scam coins is a YOU problem !

Guys i have countless times rained down a rant or two on my most recent supported coin project.
Called Jackpot Coin ..even the very coins i support the most still get the same criticism i reserve for others.
Can all of you say the same ?
I accused that Jackpot coin guy of all kinds of stuff on different occasions.. and STILL supported it.

Monero guys i am honestly and sincerely sorry if i come across as hating on you individually.
My main gripe for 2 years has been the marketing tactics i have complained about.
So that criticism falls on many guys.. not just David Latapie.

But since the Monero crew have steadfastly denied any spamming or market manipulation etc (for 2 years)
..yeah this topic headline and comments by David Latapie are pure gold ! ..i love it Hahhaha
Did Spoetnik have to post an apology after starting a Jackpot Coin Marketing company ?
Of course not i have far more class than these shameless deceitful shill's.
Who the hell admits to getting into trouble doing that ? ..apparently David Latapie LOL
Stating the obvious.. i'd say that lends credence to the point that these guys REALLY have been spamming etc.
The majority of their Marketing works consists of bumping spam topics here and Trolling for bucks $$$

I had created maybe 2 or 3 topics for Jackpot coin and i tried to bump them occasionally to get the word out
about MAJOR news.. like a new wallet update etc.
Mods just deleted them on me.. and they woudl wait many months too.. apparently the topic would be fine for ages.
So when i wanted to support a coin.. i was put under intense pressure by staff here.
But when Monero shills want to power spam this place for 2 years they are often ignored.
And yeah i know we all have topics deleted i seen them in the log etc..
Just saying on a scale of toleration my fav coin was treated way more strictly than Monero ever was.
Last time they deleted my topic that had all my collected bumps with new info i just gave up..
Screw it.. i am not allowed to have a coin topic for my fav coin Sad
So it make me sick watching guys spam a topic to 560 pages plus others 24/7 while i get shit on.

Monero Shill's you made Hoodie's that had printed on them.. "Secure, Private, Untraceable"
plenty claim that but few spam anywhere near as much as you guys do !
I also call BS on that Untraceable part.

Monero cheerleaders you have it coming..

FUD first & ask questions later™
Vanderi

Activity: 283

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 05:03:33 PM

Oh this thread is setting new lows to say the least.

What is tried to do with David is just cruel, like kicking someone lying on the ground.

Cruel. Do I get a "lulz" gais, afterall I said the funny word?

Even if you are paid for posting against Monero, Davids person has done exactly zero to you, not to mention your person.
How about keeping personal tragedies out from the shitposting parade.

I can guarantee you David would not in a million years do something like this to you, either.
Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 05:08:25 PM

What is tried to do with David is just cruel, like kicking someone lying on the ground.

Even if you are paid for posting against Monero, Davids person has done exactly zero to you, not to mention your person.

I can guarantee you David would not in a million years do something like this to you, either.

oh fuck off and gimme a break  Roll Eyes

I posted what that fucker said and you wanna complain ..then bitch at Dave for opening his mouth .

And NO Dave is not innocent either Shill's so cut the crap.

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 08:27:47 PM

oh fuck off and gimme a break  Roll Eyes

I posted what that fucker said and you wanna complain ..then bitch at Dave for opening his mouth .

What evidence proves his guilt?

What court found him guilty?

What law did he break?

What was his crime?

If you can't answer ALL 4 of those questions with proof instead of bullshit, you obviously have an agenda.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 01:03:03 AM

oh fuck off and gimme a break  Roll Eyes

What evidence proves his guilt?

What court found him guilty?

What law did he break?

What was his crime?

If you can't answer ALL 4 of those questions with proof instead of bullshit, you obviously have an agenda.

Exactly i have been..
My agenda has been clear all along and i restated it just above your comment.

I also don't need to prove anything.. i posted info i heard.. this has gotten me in trouble before. LOL
I checked before posting on Google..
Did David actually post that info ? Yes i believe he did.
Seeing what he said is a clear admission something big has or is going on.. tied to Monero by his own words.
People for or against Monero deserve to know what is going on.

If you guys have info then share it.. demanding i should post the info when YOU know the answers is silly nonsense.

I also don't have to prove anything because i made no claims.
I simply copied what was posted by David Latapie and made a topic title with the hot keywords.

I did NOT post this info with a negative spin or add or edit any info.
I copied and pasted it verbatim and let you all make your own opinions.
So if some of the guys viewed this news negatively then i am held responsible for that ?

The Paris attacks are fresh on my mind too so i find it odd that when there is lots of french arrests
these Police Monero News info going down in the same place time is weird !

I repeat.. i did not cut up the info on the first post and insert little statements..
I did not inject in little segways saying look David is a monster etc
Or Davis is a criminal etc.. i simply posted what i heard guys

EDIT:
Thanks for the neg feedback for no good reason too.
Remove it and i will of course remove the one's i gave you 2 guys in return Wink
(smooth & smoothie)

smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 02:32:04 AM
Last edit: December 03, 2015, 05:22:07 AM by smooth

EDIT:
Thanks for the neg feedback for no good reason too.
Remove it and i will of course remove the one's i gave you 2 guys in return Wink
(smooth & smoothie)

Edit the thread topic to be something other than apparently fraudulent market manipulation and I will consider it.

I'd suggest "Monero's David Latapie claims was defrauded, French police involved"

Furthermore your trust entry on me is itself fraudulent trust abuse. "Monero Police Fraud"? What have I to do with that in any way whatsoever?
Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 04:47:06 AM

Well at this point i figure screw it.. let's just leave the title.
When i made the topic all i heard was 1 single super mega vague comment by Latapie on Monero forums.

Did i pick inflammatory keywords ? YES !
Was it dishonest ? that was -NOT- my intention.

The topic was launched born from a story.. short one where it mentions French Police Monero etc

This was no dishonest smear campaign.. maybe sensational journalism though hhahaha
But i am not a News reporter.. i am a guy sick of hearing about Monero for 2 years.
And i have been dicked around and mouthed off by you all for ages over it too.. so don't expect me to be nice.
All things considered with my Monero drama before i handled this topic pretty fairly i think.

You left me neg trust feedback because i tried to use a vacuum cleaner to cut the turkey #FACT

EDIT:
In other words remove your dumb neg ratings and i will follow.. if not ? then well who cares LOL

whap

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 05:17:24 AM

You are not worth it Spoetnik.

"Two studies published in 2013 and 2014 have found that people who are identified as trolls tend to have dark personality traits and show signs of sadism, antisocial behavior, psychopathy, and machiavellianism.[42][43] The 2013 study suggested that there are a number of similarities between anti-social and flame trolling activities[42] and the 2014 study suggested that the noxious personality characteristics known as the "dark triad of personality" should be investigated in the analysis of trolling, and concluded that trolling appears "to be an Internet manifestation of everyday sadism."[43] Their relevance is suggested by research linking these traits to bullying in both adolescents and adults. The 2014 study found that trolls operate as agents of chaos on the Internet, exploiting hot-button issues to make users appear overly emotional or foolish in some manner. If an unfortunate person falls into their trap, trolling intensifies for further, merciless amusement. This is why novice Internet users are routinely admonished, "Do not feed the trolls!" The 2013 study found that trolls often have a high expectation of what it means to be successful, which is higher than they are able to attain, and this results in them resenting others who think they are successful but who fall below their standards." - from wiki.
Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 05:40:44 AM

@whap
You contend i am insane ?
Why ?
Because i posted this topic ? What ?
Want me to run a poll and see how many people found the topic content interesting ?
I sure as hell did.. which is why i posted it.

I am normal like all others until i get picked on or i see others being picked on.. then i start kicking some ass.
I will stick up for guys as the crowd cowers in fear.

NONE of you had the balls to stand up to the crap-coin cloning that ruined our Altcoin scene.. pussies, the lot of you !
nope.. you are all happy to prey on the crypto-naive !

All we have here is account hopping mouthy cowards... GREEDY deceitful cowards who only care about $$$

For some inexplicable reason you all think your coin is exempt from criticism.
There is a reason i say, FUD first and ask questions later (because i mean it)
Context.
You all do NOT deserve the benefit of the doubt.. but you expect it.
Open your eyes and look around at what all this has become and it's dark shady past.
The only people i have met that did this crypto stuff have quit after losing money.. WHY ?

Because we go round and round doing the same thing.
XYZ coin is popular and a group is behind "Marketing" AKA: spamming and making grand claims etc
Then it VANISHES !
The naive get caught holding worthless coins and eventually have to take massive loss.
While the smarter ones had already started pushing the next coin..
A vicious cycle of victims losing money.. While destroying crypto and Bitcoin.

How is Monero any different ?
Looking at the charts i see no difference..

You guys are greedy, irritating, dishonest and deceitful and new users deserve to know !
They need to know Monero Shill's are going to drop the bag on their head hard.. Like they already have been doing.
Look at the graphs.. Monero has been pumped up and power dumped !

Who pumped it up ? hmmm

generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2015, 06:16:52 AM

@whap
You contend i am insane ?
Why ?
Because i posted this topic ? What ?
Want me to run a poll and see how many people found the topic content interesting ?
I sure as hell did.. which is why i posted it.

I am normal like all others until i get picked on or i see others being picked on.. then i start kicking some ass.
I will stick up for guys as the crowd cowers in fear.

NONE of you had the balls to stand up to the crap-coin cloning that ruined our Altcoin scene.. pussies, the lot of you !
nope.. you are all happy to prey on the crypto-naive !

All we have here is account hopping mouthy cowards... GREEDY deceitful cowards who only care about $$$

For some inexplicable reason you all think your coin is exempt from criticism.
There is a reason i say, FUD first and ask questions later (because i mean it)
Context.
You all do NOT deserve the benefit of the doubt.. but you expect it.
Open your eyes and look around at what all this has become and it's dark shady past.
The only people i have met that did this crypto stuff have quit after losing money.. WHY ?

Because we go round and round doing the same thing.
XYZ coin is popular and a group is behind "Marketing" AKA: spamming and making grand claims etc
Then it VANISHES !
The naive get caught holding worthless coins and eventually have to take massive loss.
While the smarter ones had already started pushing the next coin..
A vicious cycle of victims losing money.. While destroying crypto and Bitcoin.

How is Monero any different ?
Looking at the charts i see no difference..

You guys are greedy, irritating, dishonest and deceitful and new users deserve to know !
They need to know Monero Shill's are going to drop the bag on their head hard.. Like they already have been doing.
Look at the graphs.. Monero has been pumped up and power dumped !

Who pumped it up ? hmmm

More hand waving. I could look at Bitcoin's charts and arrive at the same conclusion if that fit my agenda.

Do you have some fact based technical argument on why Monero won't work as advertised?

Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 06:23:33 AM
Last edit: December 03, 2015, 06:37:29 AM by Spoetnik

WOW ..want me to screen cap the BTC/Monero Market charts at Poloniex ?
I looked at it last night.. a massive spike into the dirt !
Monero is dead boys.

EDIT: Added a screen cap.. default. i modded nothing !

Monero Shills = Blind, Deaf & Dumb .. and in Denial

generalizethis
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2015, 07:08:15 AM

WOW ..want me to screen cap the BTC/Monero Market charts at Poloniex ?
I looked at it last night.. a massive spike into the dirt !
Monero is dead boys.

EDIT: Added a screen cap.. default. i modded nothing !

Monero Shills = Blind, Deaf & Dumb .. and in Denial

Again, I could cherry pick a graph of Bitcoin's price and arrive (myself) at the same conclusion. But like Bitcoin, Monero has the support of Bitcoin Devs and has a very active github--that's how you read opensource projects (the people who support it and the activity of the developers and peer reviews), looking at charts is for speculators and trolls with an ax to grind.

e-coinomist
Legendary

Activity: 2380
Merit: 1085

Money often costs too much.

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 09:35:30 AM

Again, I could cherry pick a graph of Bitcoin's price and arrive (myself) at the same conclusion. But like Bitcoin, Monero has the support of Bitcoin Devs and has a very active github--that's how you read opensource projects (the people who support it and the activity of the developers and peer reviews), looking at charts is for speculators and trolls with an ax to grind.

looking at charts is for ... for a currency, it's everything. However this seems to be the XMR/BTC chart for exactly that timespan where BTC was is mooning. Compare XMR/USDT for another view on price discovery. That will reveal some almost stable range between 46~37 cents. For speculators very unexciting.

Back on toppic! What exactly goes on with David? Do we have some [NEWS] anywhere, or just this thread? Did "whatever happened" kicked in around 2015-08-20 ? Another day of relevance has been 2015-09-30 where "how low can it go" got tested 1st time. Identifying a "double bottom" seems risky since the only week against the long trend has been merely three bumps up, then back on downtrend again.
ffmad
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1006

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2015, 11:14:16 AM

This just went to far. David is the victim here not the perpetrator. This is just really sad.

Who was the scammer?

All I know is what is on the post in the Monero forum namely that the scammer is in jail. https://forum.getmonero.org/20/general-discussion/2428/whatever-happened-to-davidlatapie

David has been misleaded by a con man, the title of this topic is pure defamation

Also, this story has nothing to do with monero, the scammer was doing a "classic" mining / cloud mining scam (but aimed at VC / people with big pockets)

▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████
████▀                  ▀████
███▀   ▄████████████▄   ▀███
███    ██████████████    ███
███    ████      ████    ███
███    ██████████████    ███
███    █████████████▀   ▄███
███    ████            ▄████
██    ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████
▀█▄  ▀████████████████▀▀
fparticlf█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ ▀ ▀ ▀                    █
█                          █
█    ▀▀█▄                  █
█       █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█      █
█        █▄       ▄█▀      █
█         █▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀        █
█          █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      █
█      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█      █
█       █▀█      █▀█       █
█   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   █
█        ▄  ▄  ▄  ▄        █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
.Infinite .
.Markets.
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ████  ████  ████  ████  █
.Public or..
.Private  ...
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ ▀▀▀ █
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█          ▄▄▄▄▄           █
█         █▀   ▀█          █
█        █▀     ▀█         █
█      ▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄       █
█       ▄▀▀▄   ▄▀▀▄        █
█       ▀▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▀        █
.RingCT........
.Anonymity .
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Rias

Activity: 373

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 11:27:44 AM

David has been misleaded by a con man, the title of this topic is pure defamation

Also, this story has nothing to do with monero, the scammer was doing a "classic" mining / cloud mining scam (but aimed at VC / people with big pockets)

How do you know it's about mining scam? Any prooflinks?
Also, how's mining scam against VCs/investors related to Monero at all? And why is then David apologizing so hard?

No offense to anyone here. The topic title is crazily misleading. But the way Monero supporters react to it... Very clumsy and full of logic fallacies. Spoetnik is definitely a divine level troll, but why aren't Monero guys willing to talk transparently this time?

Also, good luck to David on his path.
Jason.W

Activity: 50
Merit: 5

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 11:40:06 AM

Admittedly he was also involved very much so with hyperstake, as I recall correctly. And mintcoin too.

Why do you hate it so much as to single it out from Mintcoin and Hyperstake?

Hope you find clarity, some day Smiley

C0A2A1C4
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: