Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 01:44:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEWS] Monero David Latapie French Police Fraud [updated]  (Read 21943 times)
Herp

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 16, 2016, 09:20:46 PM

The devs running Monero should go to jail for defrauding investors, fooling them into buying into an orchestrated pump.

They've paid some Poloniex day traders few k to fool around with the coin.

From a coin with a shitty daily volume of 20-30k/day USD few weeks ago it grew to 800k volume. Give me a break.

███████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
DECENT
FOUNDATION

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[D]ecentralized application
[E]liminated third parties
[C]ontent distribution

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

[E]ncrypted & secure
[N]o borders
[T]imeless reputation

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
From Above

Activity: 700
Merit: 520

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 09:30:36 PM

is he in dem jail ?

~CfA

Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 11:13:06 PM

We never did get an explanation to what happened.. just defense attacks.
Eventually one of their own will turn on them though.. and we will know !

FUD first & ask questions later™
obit33

Activity: 514
Merit: 258

View Profile
April 14, 2016, 11:26:58 PM

Hello,

If I do reply at all, this is because "a lie repeated often enough looks like a truth" so countermeasures are necessary (I'm still in control of my account and anyone with a brain will notice my writing style and my use of horizontal rules - of course, some talkative poster could say this is all impersonation). I know very well this will add fuel to the fire but still think a reply was necessary.

Some (maybe me, I don't even remember) may have claimed that he was not a "developer" (in the sense of software development/coding).
This was whap:
"David Latapie is having a hard time, but as he is no Dev, Monero Project goes on as usual."
And I confirm the assertion.
Depending on the audience, I introduce myself as a Bitcoin developer (then explain that this is not Bitcoin but something similar because such an audience doesn't even understand the word "cryptocurrency"), as a Monero developer (then explain that I do not actually code, but I develop in the sense of developing an idea, a strategy, a project) or as a Monero Core Team member (rarely because it doesn't translate well in French) or as Monero director (the best ratio between accuracy and understandability).

Or that the Monero team has had nothing to do with his business ventures.
I confirm this one too.

I also confirm that superresistant has it right:
You guys are fucking bastards. David is the victim of a real scammer (Wadii Rachid) who is now in jail.
David lost his money, his friends, his job, his reputation (not only on the forum but in real life) and you create a hate thread against him, written in a way that you make people believe that he was the scammer.

I will continue to reply very selectively here and only when I feel this is necessary (which may mean "never"). Thanks to anyone who supported me here, by PM, or on the Monero forum. Of course some particularly talkative poster will seize the opportunity to try to get me to react, probably to no avail.

The preferred way to reach me is PM, because for many reasons I stopped reading most of my mail and unsubscribed from topic notification on as many fora and mailing lists as possible - bitcointalk PM notifications are among the few things I still receive.

For people who actually care: the fact that I am replying here is evidence that I am starting to recover. Slowly.

David "presstab" Latapie ;-)

P.-S.: I suspected it, now I am sure: some talkative poster likes to invent facts, like me saying I support a coin (bitcointa.lk anyone?) or the OP of a self-modded ANN topic deleting the poor guy's post. If the said poster acts this way for me, then he probably does it when ranting about something/someone else.

P.-P.-S.: reply #200. Nice one.

TLDR: David was scammed himself... he was not the scammer...

BTW: this is still a very very very weak attempt to discredit monero and its developers... please, generate some substantial arguments of why monero/monderdevelopers are scams... Might be beneficial for your credibility and that of the community you're representing.

best regards
Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 06:27:35 AM

We heard that (and ONLY that so far) and congrats on your quote button skills.

Was Dave scammed when he said countless times he has nothing to do with Monero Marketing / Advertising here ?
Then what is in the story quoted ?
A Monero marketing company that is what !

Let's see some PROOF he was scammed.
He never did explain ANYTHING.
But he DID apologize for SCREWING OVER THE MONERO COMMUNITY

LEARN TO READ.

Don't post what you *think* as facts.

Have info then back it up and provide proof.

PS:

obit33

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 11:04:12 AM

Let's see some PROOF he was a scammer...

That's your problem, you're accusing anybody of anything and then you expect these persons to prove that your made up and inane gobbledygook isn't true...

BTW: I don't have any other account, I'm a long term reader of the board since I started investing in bitcoin, mostly I prefer not to comment, sometimes I do...

anyway, not that you're gonna want to learn anything from anybody...

best regards
Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 12:36:16 PM

news flash, idiot, maybe its just not any of your fucking business

why dont you go put your energy to better use?

It's the business of the users he apologized to for screwing them over in the 2 quotes i posted.
Read them..

Me ? I am just curious.
But if i was a Supporter that was screwed over i would want to know why Monero was damaged so badly.

smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 12:37:51 PM

But if i was a Supporter that was screwed over i would want to know why Monero was damaged so badly.

Please find one supporter who was screwed over.

When you have done that, then go right ahead and post about it. Until then, you have nothing to post about.
Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 12:39:02 PM

That's your problem, you're accusing anybody of anything and then you expect these persons to prove that your made up and inane gobbledygook isn't true...

BTW: I don't have any other account, I'm a long term reader of the board since I started investing in bitcoin, mostly I prefer not to comment, sometimes I do...

best regards

Read the first post for the most intense apology ever posted on the internet.
From a guy who swore up & down for almost two years had had NOTHING to do wit marketing / Advertising here.
Who later admitted to it.. and then it goes on even deeper than that.
Check out the MEW topic.

Know what burns the most i bet.. your own Team members fucking you over.
Thank him for it.. i did not write his apology.

EDIT:
by the way i don't buy your Mr. Nooby routine.
Your Trolling with a dummy account.
You are one of the old Monero shill's guaranteed.

obit33

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 12:52:14 PM

best regards

Read the first post for the most intense apology ever posted on the internet.
From a guy who swore up & down for almost two years had had NOTHING to do wit marketing / Advertising here.
Who later admitted to it.. and then it goes on even deeper than that.
Check out the MEW topic.

Know what burns the most i bet.. your own Team members fucking you over.
Thank him for it.. i did not write his apology.

EDIT:
by the way i don't buy your Mr. Nooby routine.
Your Trolling with a dummy account.
You are one of the old Monero shill's guaranteed.

So you find proof that he was a scammer in the fact that he offers an apology for being scammed himself...

JAP, solid logic at work here people...

and no, I'm not one of the old monero shill's... My account dates from april 2013, long before monero even existed. I just discoverd monero about a year ago and kinda like the coin... Next to that I think that unfounded personal attacks and accusing people without proof really sucks, but hey, it probably makes it easier in your world to just label me as another monero-shill, after all they're everywhere, right?

best regards,
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 01:21:39 PM

Spoetnik so when someone apology for something he is a scammer?

If i apology my mother i was not help her enough when i was a kid, i am a scammer?

Please start stating soem facts behind your words.
I also dont understand how you can tell someone to log to other account? Again without any fact and also point except try to go away from his questions and facts.

Spoetnik, please please please stop ignoring peoples facts and questions and state facts behind your words and more important stop being rude to people. Dont call them bad names just because moderators on this forum are to lazy to do their job and punish that. I really dont believe anyone want to live in a world you are helping make with your words.
Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 11:30:03 AM

13 pages of me re-explaining myself like a broken record to people who can't read or understand English.
What is the point.. you are not asking me anything i have not stated a dozen times already.
Read the topic here.

And yeah facts are facts.. facts have been pointed out.

If you guys have something more to add other than guessing on behalf of a coward who hides
then by means lets hear it.

Scammer ?
Yeah because that guy and his buddies are pathological / compulsive liars.
Monero has a long 2 year history of getting caught doing dumb shit and / or lying.
That is a fact.. sooooooo
DUH this French Police Marketing company fraud crap is of course more of the same.
More of the same from the same guys who hang around here advertising their coin
as they deny advertising their coin here ROFL

FEBO you PM'd me telling me he was a part of the Monero Team and later i got more PROOF (facts)
Even though half of these LIARS demanded he was NOT.

Scammer ?

Scammer = A person in crypto who is dishonest and who is really just doing this stuff for profits.
That is my definition of a scammer..

Go read the MEW topic people and see how their millionaire investor make the decisions for the coin
and how the guy in this story is the treasurer who vanished with the coins for months hiding.

2 guys who the usual suspects have claimed for 2 years that are NOT apart of the "team"
uhhh i would say that MEW topic alone proves they ARE !
And this topic PROVES the lying for 2 years about them never advertising here.
Even though it's obvious because they pump that Spam Topic 24/7 to the top of page 1 every day.

A lot of Spamming, lying, Trolling, crying FUD here and on poloniex, preying on Noobs..
I would and have gone outside and lit my money on fire before i go use FIAT to buy BTC to buy Monero's

PS:
Your community take over coin cloning platform coin with Anon features that can't work ever is gay !

Only a moron would fork a coin cloning platform coin then call it ByteCoin when one already existed using that name
then parade around trying to beat Bitcoin by claiming your coin is Secure / Anon (BS claims)
And supposedly the original dev left and never came back the day it was taken over ?
Who here believes that ?
Who here would bet the guy simply changed names and lied about a community take over?

Who wants to invest in a coin run by a sucker kid who is inept and gets made a victim ?
You guys cry Dave was picked on and he was taken advantage off..
So why is he your MEW treasurer ? (or was)

Who wants to invest in coin that would have collapsed and died long ago if it was not for a rich investor
sinking money into Monero endlessly.. you know the bald fucker from Smashing Pumpkins.. Risto
Mr admits to being in the loony bin and has shown us all he is fucking nuts !
And HE controls the coin and makes the decisions for it !

Does any of this gay bullshit sound appealing ?
I guess the only thing people out there are asking is can they profit from it..

Good luck buying Monero coins at Poloniex with your picture ID then using it to buy crack & guns on SilkRoad v2  Cheesy
Don't worry.. it's ANON ! hahahahha  Cheesy

superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1120

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 11:37:36 AM

Did David end up going to jail for what he did?

David never did anything and was never accused of anything so obviously he was not sent to jail and will not go to jail.
David, among others got scammed by a con artist and that person got in jail.

And all of this have nothing to do with Monero.

Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 02:27:16 PM

Spoetnik it happened once again. You did not answered on my question that related on last few posts you made in this thread. But you went into new illusions you probably 99 times posted here before.

One thing i noticed in your post is that you dont really understand decentralized crypto liek are Monero and BTC. If Monero is of no interest you could at least understood that no one owns Bitcoin. All partners need to agree with whatever happen. Miners, exchanges, merchants, developers. Developer itself cant force anything without other 3 partners.
Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
April 17, 2016, 04:49:50 PM

read post 1 ..that is what this topic is about.

Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
May 28, 2016, 04:09:00 PM

Did David end up going to jail for what he did?

David never did anything and was never accused of anything so obviously he was not sent to jail and will not go to jail.
David, among others got scammed by a con artist and that person got in jail.

And all of this have nothing to do with Monero.

People do not apologize like he did unless they did something wrong.

And further more you have no cred around here because of your endless MEMORY COIN scammy bullshit support buddy.

All you have to do is look at what i quoted D. Latapie saying..
..then ask yourself does that sound like an apology from someone who did no wrong ?

DrkLvr_

Activity: 724
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 28, 2016, 07:19:45 PM

Garbled nonsense

Hey sputnik where's the outrage at all the dash spam being shoved down everyone's throat? FUcking hypocrite dirtbag  Smiley
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
May 28, 2016, 10:03:22 PM

Obviously they were up to something illegal and the monero camp got caught out. David was the sacrificial lamb in order to save face and thus his public apology.

This did not happen and you are making false accusations. It is reasonable to ask questions and distrust, but when it rises to the level of false accusations that you can not back up and which are untrue, you are the one lying and scamming.

David made his apologies for his own reasons that had no involvement (meaning with either the apology itself or the previous actions) of any part of the Monero core team nor, to my knowledge, any other party of the Monero community at all.

As far as I know he is still in control of his account, but if not then it isn't something that happened with the involvement of any part of the Monero core team nor to my knowledge any other part of the Monero community.

DrkLvr_

Activity: 724
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 28, 2016, 11:42:52 PM

hey ceti are you always a lying scumbag or only when you're on bitcointalk?  Cheesy
Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
May 29, 2016, 01:19:49 PM

The guys who claim they were not involved apparently have all kinds of facts.
Even though David posted on this topic NOT saying anything..

He later went into hiding and i can quote him admitting it more than once.
Look on the MEW topic link.

I agree with CETI and we have to speculate a little because they did what he said.
There was no lies posted.
What happened is we all seen the most intense apology in Crypto.
Not like we seen Mark from GOX make an apology like that for taking half a billion dollars..
And apparently when you say word for word you screwed over the Monero community
and then apologize for it repeatedly in writing this means somehow YOU are the victim.

Funny after this French Police shit went down and the ensuing silence
they all said David Latapie was NOT a part of the Monero team and then they made
sure David stopped using his account here and claimed he was "leaving"
Ignoring the fact that the admitted to a "Monero Marketing" company.. what ever that means.

This guys past behavior is also pretty scammy.. ever heard of useless scam coin HYP ?

We have angry little scammers pissed off because they got caught up with a few of their accounts.
But they really don't care and will jump to other forum accounts to push other coins.
There was a suspicious character on IRC i seen before announcing his new clone coin
so i went and looked at his ANN topic a few months back like in December'ish
And what did i see ?
Mr David Latapie who was in hiding spamming page 1 on the ANN topic about how good this new coin was.
Isn't that a tad odd boys ?
I said why are you here pushing this coin while hiding from the French Police fraud drama etc ?
My comments were swiftly deleted of course.. yup another coin topic self modded from the same old crew.
HYP coin ?
A rip-off CENT clone made by request by a serial cloner for hire here.
Who showed up here to admit he was paid to make it *by request*
Latapie was more than happy to go and hang out on poloniex and push it getting you to part with your Bitcoin.
Paid cloner was more than happy to take the money to make teens shits coins to flog for "Fun & Profit"

Kind of funny we have heard David Latapie was "working" for Risto / reptiela
who is also another name changing Poloniex shill and whom both are said to have NOT been
a part of the Monero team even when they clearly are..
And funnier is when i get a PM from "FEBO" who has submitted tons of code to Monero on Github
telling me via PM David Latapie "IS" a part of the Monero team (after the French Police drama)
David speaks french ? FEBO speaks french ? half the dummy accounts they use speak french ?
WOW what are the odd's ?

Lies ?
look in the mirror Morono's  Roll Eyes

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: