Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 11:39:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][MSK]MaskNetwork - the decentralized social network that pay users to post  (Read 15963 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
PatioCrasher

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 01:39:05 PM

No1 USE  MASKNETWORK!!!

I just lost all my coins on there.  MY addressees just vanished.  After I had bought some coin.  How convenient! What a scam..  EVERYONE STAY AWAY FROM MASKNETWORK..  I thought it was legit but they took all my coins and will not help recover them!

This issue affected only maskbuzz users. From what i know, maskbuzz.com operator made some modifications to web wallet software and some private keys were lost. Over 80 addresses where affected. All those who had a copy of the private keys, recovered the funds.

Finding the private key of an address is a 2 click process. In a beta software, launched a week ago, making a copy of pvt keys is the first thing a user should do.

This was reported as a wallet side issue not a core protocol problem. The team is maintaining the core protocol while the web nodes operators do the front end job.

Until some respected web nodes are launched, those kind of events will become routine.

I lost 3000 msk.. Over 1000$.  and your response is people (that you targeting that have no idea about wallets, which is why you built the web node in the first place instead of a wallet.. ) should be clever enough to save there pvt keys and not trust the wallet.

I was so amped for this project but so bumbed I lost my investment in a second.

So again. Congrats to maskbuzz for managing to scam me out of my money so easily.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
vprf

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 03:00:19 PM

@PatioCrasher I feel bad for your loss.  Could you explain to other board member exactly what happened?  Did this occur after you imported your ICO keys into your account?   Huh
PatioCrasher

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 03:16:18 PM

I did not buy on ICO..

I bought on the maskbuzz platform.. 

I then used the platform for a few days and gained my rewards.  Yesterday I transfered my coins into two accounts I have just generated on the site and transfered ~1000 coins to one and ~1700 to another.   

The site went into maintanance mode shortly after and when it came but I was left with 230 coins left (in all my other accounts)

Only the two accounts with my largest coin holding where taken and I assume becasue I created the accounts as they where busy messing up the database. 

I got this response from the dev of masknetwork but I have no way of contacting the maskbuzz devs to get this sorted.

"  themasknetwork

Activity: 220

MaskNetwork lead developer

View Profile  WWW  Personal Message (Offline)
Trust: 0: -0 / +0
Re: (No subject)
« Sent to: PatioCrasher on: Today at 02:13:40 PM »
« You have forwarded or responded to this message. »
Reply with quoteQuote  ReplyReply  Remove this messageDelete 
It's mask buzz operators fault. They played with the code while no backups in place. They agreed to recompensate those who lost coins. You are the biggest by far Smiley))
Always make a Pvt. Keys backup

Get in touch with them "
vprf

Activity: 51

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 04:19:31 PM

Thank you for the detailed explanation, hopefully if anyone else who had this same issue will come forward.  I know you are anxious to get your coins back.  I am an initial ICO investor so I put my "blind" trust in this developer.  The developer so far has responded to all my inquiries and seem like he/she will help you try to recover your coins.  Please have patience, because it sounds like they have to investigate things and see what happened.  Just my opinion.  I have lost a lot of crypto by trusting an online node with my password.  I understand what you are going through, but I have learned my lesson.  Thank you for sharing your story.
PatioCrasher

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 04:44:29 PM

It is my pleasure.

Yes I have learnt my lesson now too..  But obviously I have never used a node before and trusted when I bought from mask exchange and used the platform for a week everythihng was fine.   I was one of the first users of maskbuzz so hopefully the make things right with me.

It is a lot of money for me to go missing so yeah I am anxious and still unsure I will be made whole.   I had full trust but it has been broken as maskbuzz have not responded to me yet and so in crypto I must consider those coins lost as they can easily just say its not thier fault and blame me for not saving all my private keys.  But I mean I had like 20 accounts with small amounts and just these two huge ones dissapeared with no explanation. There was no disclaimer for nooobs saying write you private key.

I am glad you understand my frustration. And as the time goes by I lose potential rewards and income going forward so it does totally suck ball for me at the moment.

But alas life goes on. I will check back here every known again to see if they can make it right , otherwise just another failed investment for me into the many dodgy crypto devs that will have stolen my coins in my eyes.  ( I mean they claim to have built the platform for the web node so if things go missing like this for me , then the average joe has no chance on the platform keeping money safe)  They should put a giant disclaimer or something like a red bar across the top saying "SAVE YOUR PRIVATE KEYS TO ALL ACCOUNTS" or something.  :/

Anyway.. lame for me. And lame for them as I had a PR plan for this coin as well already for syndication but now have literally zero incentive to spend my money on marketing this thing.
themasknetwork (OP)

Activity: 246
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2016, 08:44:01 AM

It is my pleasure.

Yes I have learnt my lesson now too..  But obviously I have never used a node before and trusted when I bought from mask exchange and used the platform for a week everythihng was fine.   I was one of the first users of maskbuzz so hopefully the make things right with me.

It is a lot of money for me to go missing so yeah I am anxious and still unsure I will be made whole.   I had full trust but it has been broken as maskbuzz have not responded to me yet and so in crypto I must consider those coins lost as they can easily just say its not thier fault and blame me for not saving all my private keys.  But I mean I had like 20 accounts with small amounts and just these two huge ones dissapeared with no explanation. There was no disclaimer for nooobs saying write you private key.

I am glad you understand my frustration. And as the time goes by I lose potential rewards and income going forward so it does totally suck ball for me at the moment.

But alas life goes on. I will check back here every known again to see if they can make it right , otherwise just another failed investment for me into the many dodgy crypto devs that will have stolen my coins in my eyes.  ( I mean they claim to have built the platform for the web node so if things go missing like this for me , then the average joe has no chance on the platform keeping money safe)  They should put a giant disclaimer or something like a red bar across the top saying "SAVE YOUR PRIVATE KEYS TO ALL ACCOUNTS" or something.  :/

Anyway.. lame for me. And lame for them as I had a PR plan for this coin as well already for syndication but now have literally zero incentive to spend my money on marketing this thing.

We don't run public web nodes. Get in touch with maskbuzz admins.

MASKNETWORK.
    Decentralized social trading network that rewards users  |   JOIN ICO
    Assets | Binary Options | Leveraged Markets - Trade and get paid !!!
PatioCrasher

View Profile
September 06, 2016, 08:28:07 PM

I have tried to get in touch with them multiple ways... I am not sure what else to try to get hold of them.   Undecided
Teezy

Activity: 32

View Profile
September 06, 2016, 09:52:40 PM

Im getting invalid Public key error when i try to redeem ico coins.  Undecided
mamamae
Legendary

Activity: 1188
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 07, 2016, 01:08:36 PM

same problem here i have an invalid address with my ico coins,
dev what i need to do ? retracing the BTC i sent to you can help ?

reality ? you fell to Scammers after being in an ICO , IPO
(more like any other stock and index in the world ICO or not got your portfolio down 25 % or 85 %)
Now  SEC is helping you getting back up your lost money maybe....
themasknetwork (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2016, 03:26:53 PM

Send me a PM with details.

MASKNETWORK.
themasknetwork (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2016, 11:32:12 AM

i confused with this platform. when i want to make a article-post, i must have masknetwork coin?

When you signup, you will receive 0.1 MSK for free (depends on web node). Writing an article cost 0.0030 MSK

MASKNETWORK.
Daffadile

Activity: 1162
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2016, 02:43:10 AM
Last edit: September 09, 2016, 03:15:17 AM by Daffadile

I love the masknetwork It is great we need more things like this it is sort of like the concept of steem but different since you have to pay for everything you do. Love the site it looks great. Hope more people climb aboard soon

Not easy to know whats going on. Where is the wallet download ? Want to mine.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
newstb

Activity: 180
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 10, 2016, 11:59:02 AM

Same here... I have sent pm but no answer...
freequant

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 11, 2016, 04:58:48 AM

Where does MaskNetwork store the content of blog posts? Is it stored locally to the maskbuzz website?
Is there a whitepaper that explains how the protocol is working?
What are the main differences in terms of design with Steem?
electronicash
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1049

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2016, 05:14:24 AM

Ain't this same scam project like adzbuzz and maskbuzz of adzcoin?
I feel like they're just both created by same scammers who were alao involved on scam adnetworks years before they discover its easier to scam in the crypto world.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
themasknetwork (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2016, 06:38:15 AM

Where does MaskNetwork store the content of blog posts? Is it stored locally to the maskbuzz website?

All network data is stored by each node locally just like any other decentralized network. MAskbuzz is not masknetwork. MaskBuzz is a web node just like maskwallet.com...it has no special privileges. The witepaper will be released somewhere in November after all features will be online. The key differences are :

- Steem is using 3 currencies, all of them with no limit cap. Steem the currency has a 100% inflation / year. Masknetwork is using one single currency, called maskcoin, which is a limited supply currency. The users are rewarded in maskcoins. Out of 21.000.000 total supply, 1.000.000 were reserved for future project developmnet. The rest of 20 mil are distributed slowly to content creators (5% of undistributed coins / year). Right now around 2700 MSK are distributed / day.

- Steem it's about blogging. It rewards bloggers, commenters and curators. Masknetwork rewards content creators like bloggers, commenters, curators, app programmers. The network is a also a smart contract platform. It comes with a decentralized app store, app directory, integrated editor / debugger and applications can be upvoted / downvoted like any other content.

- Other important features not implemented by steem : p2p secure messaging, address names, address names market.... and many other small details.

It's basically a combination between ethereum and steem.

MASKNETWORK.
windjc
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

View Profile
September 12, 2016, 06:48:23 AM

All network data is stored by each node locally just like any other decentralized network. MAskbuzz is not masknetwork. MaskBuzz is a web node just like maskwallet.com...it has no special privileges. The witepaper will be released somewhere in November after all features will be online. The key differences are :

- Steem is using 3 currencies, all of them with no limit cap. Steem the currency has a 100% inflation / year. Masknetwork is using one single currency, called maskcoin, which is a limited supply currency. The users are rewarded in maskcoins. Out of 21.000.000 total supply, 1.000.000 were reserved for future project developmnet. The rest of 20 mil are distributed slowly to content creators (5% of undistributed coins / year). Right now around 2700 MSK are distributed / day.

- Steem it's about blogging. It rewards bloggers, commenters and curators. Masknetwork rewards content creators like bloggers, commenters, curators, app programmers. The network is a also a smart contract platform. It comes with a decentralized app store, app directory, integrated editor / debugger and applications can be upvoted / downvoted like any other content.

- Other important features not implemented by steem : p2p secure messaging, address names, address names market.... and many other small details.

It's basically a combination between ethereum and steem.

Why is there being no marketing done? It seems for such a platform to succeed you need to develop critical mass of users. Who is even writing enough content to get 2700 coins a day? Where is this content?

It feels like you pop on here every couple of weeks, answer a couple of questions then disappear. Will there ever be consistent communication?
themasknetwork (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2016, 12:45:39 PM

A lot of people asked what happened to trading section and what are our plans for the next month, so i will make a short roadmap.

As you know, over testnet masknetwork was a social trading network and a lot of you had fun trading or playing with p2p binary options. Because of involved complexity we decided to lauch masknetwork with no trading module. In the last 2 weeks we had performed only basic stability tests and solved a ton of bugs.

Because the exchange volume is growing and more nodes are joining every week, we decided to move with development faster and implement the missing sections. This is what we are going to do in the next month :

Week 19-25 september :   
-----------------------------------
- Data feeds will be reactivated
- Binary options will be reactivated
- Speculative markets will also be reactivated.
- Network level affiliate program (the network will rewards referrers just like it rewards voters)
- You will be able to comment any content type from data feeds to binary options.

The feeds providers are waiting our ok to return so next week you will be able to trade again over 40 forex pairs, commodities and a LOT of cryptocoins with no central server and no regulation in place. Data feeds, binary options and speculative markets / trades are considered content and you will be able to upvote / downvote them just like blog posts and comments.

Week 25-2 september :   
We will list maskcoin to yobit.net

October
We will list maskcoin to bittrex and possibly poloniex.

November
The official marketing campaign will start but i'm sure the user base will be much larger until then.

Stay tuned.

MASKNETWORK.
PatioCrasher

View Profile
September 13, 2016, 01:56:09 PM

Oh man..  I wish I still had my coins.  I was getting such nice daily rewards from being one of the first day users but now I am left in the dust while the platform succeeds.  .  I was one of the first users and ended up getting boned the hardest.  Undecided   Cry
Teezy

Activity: 32

View Profile
September 14, 2016, 01:35:08 PM

I have sent few pm but no answer...
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: