Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 12:47:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][MSK]MaskNetwork - the decentralized social network that pay users to post  (Read 15960 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Digitalbitcoin

Activity: 1540
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2016, 01:58:53 PM

I just see this Post about MaskNetwork today. checked there sites and everything. Seems promising.

But as I read past few post many are advising not to join. I just have joined this amazing concept today lets see what happen to next.

I am not investing any thing just will give some time everyday while I will be on internet. Nothing else.

Also will update my experience too.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mybitcoinfaucets

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2016, 07:21:15 AM

I just signed up at maskbuzz.com. I have a few questions:

1. Is it true I first have to spent 0.01 BTC before I can do anything on the network? I have 0 MSK after signing up so I can't post a comment, new article or upvote. There is no sign-up bonus? I think most users want to try a network before they spend anything.

2. I can't update my profile. When I hit the 'Update' button nothing happens.

3. Is hiddenwallet.org the same as maskbuzz.com? The website seems the same.

4. When I try to upvote i got this message: 'Invalid network fee address'. This is my address 'ME4wEAYHKoZIzj0CAQYFK4EEACEDOgAEkTCUTVipuh3QUGbVm4gD9SxKvh9kZ/6/81r0MIIfhUYE96SzAH02JnSbZlJ5J+leMu5oJt+mHxk='. Is this because I have 0 MSK? In that case the error message should be something like 'No MSK available'.
PatioCrasher

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 16, 2016, 08:18:33 AM

1. Is it true I first have to spent 0.01 BTC before I can do anything on the network? I have 0 MSK after signing up so I can't post a comment, new article or upvote. There is no sign-up bonus? I think most users want to try a network before they spend anything.

4. When I try to upvote i got this message: 'Invalid network fee address'. This is my address 'ME4wEAYHKoZIzj0CAQYFK4EEACEDOgAEkTCUTVipuh3QUGbVm4gD9SxKvh9kZ/6/81r0MIIfhUYE96SzAH02JnSbZlJ5J+leMu5oJt+mHxk='. Is this because I have 0 MSK? In that case the error message should be something like 'No MSK available'.

1. It looks like the faucet wallet did not send any coins to new signups yesterday. You should receive 0.1 on signup and have enough to post a comment or new article. .

2. You cannot update the profile from the blog section, you have to go the address and click the cog and then do it.  I know . weird bug as the one page is not correct.

3. Yes it is similar.  there are many node operators and these are two ones that run the exact same node code / design.  you would think the node operator would design something better than just having them look stock standard.  As far as I know only maskbuzz gives away the 0.1 msk on signup. (Though last night it seams this faucet mechanism was not working - neither was the exchange. 

4. You need at least 1 msk to upvote so you either have to buy some or earn some through commenting and blogging (though the peeps with more than 1 coin are now only really voting for themselves to gain max rewards. You could get mega lucky and get a few smaller upvotes tho and earn a dollar or two per post .. again, only if you lucky.

* Save your private keys as I had 3000 MSK but my address just vanished one day from the account I was using on maskbuzz.   Roll Eyes

** Do not expect to much support or answers from the devs as they too busy to really help or care about those of us that lost coins from initial bugs.

themasknetwork (OP)

Activity: 246
Merit: 250

MaskNetwork lead developer

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2016, 11:14:25 AM

1. It looks like the faucet wallet did not send any coins to new signups yesterday. You should receive 0.1 on signup and have enough to post a comment or new article. .

2. You cannot update the profile from the blog section, you have to go the address and click the cog and then do it.  I know . weird bug as the one page is not correct.

3. Yes it is similar.  there are many node operators and these are two ones that run the exact same node code / design.  you would think the node operator would design something better than just having them look stock standard.  As far as I know only maskbuzz gives away the 0.1 msk on signup. (Though last night it seams this faucet mechanism was not working - neither was the exchange. 

4. You need at least 1 msk to upvote so you either have to buy some or earn some through commenting and blogging (though the peeps with more than 1 coin are now only really voting for themselves to gain max rewards. You could get mega lucky and get a few smaller upvotes tho and earn a dollar or two per post .. again, only if you lucky.

* Save your private keys as I had 3000 MSK but my address just vanished one day from the account I was using on maskbuzz.   Roll Eyes

** Do not expect to much support or answers from the devs as they too busy to really help or care about those of us that lost coins from initial bugs.

I have mentioned before. We do not run web nodes !!! Web nodes are run by people that are not part of masknetwork dev team. We will upload a paper wallet on github this week for thos who want to store big amounts of coins in a secure way.

There was no initial bug. It was a wallet operator mistake. Next week 2-3 more web wallets will join the network. There is no way we can control what they do !!!

You don't blame and you don't contact Gavin Andresen when coinbase or blockchain.info are down or don't work. You try to get in touch with the local support teams.

MASKNETWORK.
    Decentralized social trading network that rewards users  |   JOIN ICO
    Assets | Binary Options | Leveraged Markets - Trade and get paid !!!
PatioCrasher

View Profile
September 16, 2016, 03:42:34 PM

I have mentioned before. We do not run web nodes !!! Web nodes are run by people that are not part of masknetwork dev team. We will upload a paper wallet on github this week for thos who want to store big amounts of coins in a secure way.

There was no initial bug. It was a wallet operator mistake. Next week 2-3 more web wallets will join the network. There is no way we can control what they do !!!

You don't blame and you don't contact Gavin Andresen when coinbase or blockchain.info are down or don't work. You try to get in touch with the local support teams.

If you read above I did not blame you but blamed maskbuzz.  When I spoke about devs I meant maskbuzz devs..

Anyway maskbuzz was the only node and only way to use the network at that time so you cant completely ignore bugs they had as the whole web node thing is one of your networks selling points. .  You cannot completely ignore maskbuzz as they where a main part of the masknetwork at the time.

So owning up to atleast some responsibility would be just.  You could also have just refunded me to keep me engaged with the project and so that I would have spread the word and found investors, PR etc... But instead you just claim the masknetwork and the web nodes are completely unrelated.  This was not the case at the time maskbuzz launched. 

But ye.. Whatev.. IF you want to have such bad customer relations with your beta testers its fine.   You welcome.
windjc
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

View Profile
September 16, 2016, 03:50:38 PM

If you read above I did not blame you but blamed maskbuzz.  When I spoke about devs I meant maskbuzz devs..

Anyway maskbuzz was the only node and only way to use the network at that time so you cant completely ignore bugs they had as the whole web node thing is one of your networks selling points. .  You cannot completely ignore maskbuzz as they where a main part of the masknetwork at the time.

So owning up to atleast some responsibility would be just.  You could also have just refunded me to keep me engaged with the project and so that I would have spread the word and found investors, PR etc... But instead you just claim the masknetwork and the web nodes are completely unrelated.  This was not the case at the time maskbuzz launched. 

But ye.. Whatev.. IF you want to have such bad customer relations with your beta testers its fine.   You welcome.

I agree. The dev actually made a post recommending Maskbuzz. He should own up to that. The project is alpha enough to refund those losses.
PatioCrasher

View Profile
September 16, 2016, 04:12:40 PM
Last edit: September 16, 2016, 04:24:57 PM by PatioCrasher

2. You cannot update the profile from the blog section, you have to go the address and click the cog and then do it.  I know . weird bug as the one page is not correct.

3. Yes it is similar.  there are many node operators and these are two ones that run the exact same node code / design.  you would think the node operator would design something better than just having them look stock standard.  As far as I know only maskbuzz gives away the 0.1 msk on signup. (Though last night it seams this faucet mechanism was not working - neither was the exchange.  

* Save your private keys as I had 3000 MSK but my address just vanished one day from the account I was using on maskbuzz.   Roll Eyes

If you read above I did not blame you but blamed maskbuzz.  When I spoke about devs I meant maskbuzz devs..

Anyway maskbuzz was the only node and only way to use the network at that time so you cant completely ignore bugs they had as the whole web node thing is one of your networks selling points. .  You cannot completely ignore maskbuzz as they where a main part of the masknetwork at the time.

So owning up to atleast some responsibility would be just.  You could also have just refunded me to keep me engaged with the project and so that I would have spread the word and found investors, PR etc... But instead you just claim the masknetwork and the web nodes are completely unrelated.  This was not the case at the time maskbuzz launched.  

But ye.. Whatev.. IF you want to have such bad customer relations with your beta testers its fine.   You welcome.

I agree. The dev actually made a post recommending Maskbuzz. He should own up to that. The project is alpha enough to refund those losses.

Yep.. His solutions to me losing so much seams to be --  Oh but we will have cold storage and many more nodes in a weeks time..

My losses where like 10 days ago..  There where no other node operators.  I supported maskbuzz from day one and was one of the first users to post decent content and recommend  the platform to my mates.  Since then obviously all of them withdrew and are out due to the bad customor support and they way they "handled" my MASSIVE loss.

To brush it off is ridiculous and just goes to show the way the project is run.  

And to allow me (ONE OF THE FIRST USERS) just goes to show how they might handle things going forward.  Keep in mind at the moment with the dPoS they are in control of the chain and could of also simply forked when maskbuzz lost all the coins and rolled back by a few hours. (since at the time maskbuzz was also in maintanance mode, and being the only node at the time, meant no packets where in any blocks so a few hour rollback would not have effected anyone negatively and only refunded me and the few others that lost coins.

Anyway, seams the dev is adamant it is not his problem that I lost 3000 MASK and so I only have myself to blame. I thought I could be an early investor but goes to show just how bad this scene really is and how easy it is for devs to laugh off losses of their supporters and customers.

Also if Satoshi had come out with Bitcoin but before he put out any info on creating a node or wallet or anything but instead said "Hey guys here is Bitcoin, the only way to use it right now is through MtGox..  "    Then yeah I would be asking Satoshi what happened to my coins when they got goxed.
themasknetwork (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2016, 01:44:44 PM

Web Devs: MaskNetwork is full of bugs and dead links (I am using MaskBuzz.com)

1. Lots of links go back to the login page.
2. The buttons are dead when trying to update profile info and photo
3. When trying to post, I cannot enter in my wallet address (dropdown is cutoff)
4. Lots of things that should be clickable are not such as usernames in posts. Should click to their profile.

Also, I cannot figure out the simplest of usability:

1. I cannot find any good way to navigate posts. all I see are three tabs: Top 24 Hours, Top 7 Days, Top 30 Days. Is that it? Does that show all the posts made?? I am confused. Is there a directory of post categories? Newest?

2. I am unsure how to access user profiles, or at least a database of users.

3. At this point I cannot even create a post as I cannot assign a wallet address (I think).

Also, there are different "nodes" that look exactly the same. This is really confusing to me. Why would there be identical websites?? Is there different blogs on these nodes? I tried another node and the dead links were even worse than maskbuzz!

To me, this website is unusable. But, maybe someone can answer at least a couple of these questions to explain how to use it. Maybe I am missing something??  Huh

I think you come from steemit and you are used with one big central website.

What you see are web wallets. Anybody can download the software and join the network. In the future, some users will customize the interface but right now, they prefer the default one. This is why you see the same splash page everywhere.

Masknetwork is an OPEN network. It's hard for users coming from fb, steem or any other social platform to understand why / how web nodes operate but web nodes are important because they make the network impossible to censor. If maskwallet.com owner don't like your posts, and censor them, you can switch to maskbuzz or hiddenwallet or even your own wallet.

Maskwallet.com was down yesterday due some tech issues but almost nobody was affected. Users imported their addresses to another web node and continued to blog. If twitter.com goes down, it's over. If steemit.com goes down it's over.

Many of the usability issues you have mentioned were reported and will be solved in the next releases.

PS : you can't post because you have no address. Create an address and send a message to your wallet operators for a small MSK "donation" to start experimenting with masknetwork or post your address here and i will send you some coins.

MASKNETWORK.
joele
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 24, 2016, 09:36:12 AM

Game over?
themasknetwork (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2016, 07:43:54 PM

Last week masknetwork blockchain become increasingly unstable (web nodes constantly crashed every 2-3 hours due to a memory leak in java node code). Also in the last 48 hours the network unexpectedly forked two times.

We reached the conclusion that masknetwork blockchain is not fully functional and it's not safe for regular users. Due to software instability, using masknetwork right now is a risk for exchanges, regular users and node operators. As a result we have switched the network to testnet (all node operators agreed).

The real net will be realaunched on January, 5, 2017 after we perform extensive stress tests. It's not "game over", it's just a delay. Those who invested back  in 2015 know that we keep our promises.

All addresses balances, address names and other important data are well preserved and the real network will include them at launch. Nobody will loose anything.

In case you have pending maskexchange transactions please get in touch with customer support.

The only good news is that all web node operators reported a huge increase of signups / users retention since launch (3 weeks ago) and the feedback they have received from users was amazing. Unfortunately masknetwork is not stable enough and we need more tests. 

Sorry for any inconvenience caused

MASKNETWORK.
johny08
Legendary

Activity: 1045
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 03, 2016, 11:30:01 AM

Last week masknetwork blockchain become increasingly unstable (web nodes constantly crashed every 2-3 hours due to a memory leak in java node code). Also in the last 48 hours the network unexpectedly forked two times.

We reached the conclusion that masknetwork blockchain is not fully functional and it's not safe for regular users. Due to software instability, using masknetwork right now is a risk for exchanges, regular users and node operators. As a result we have switched the network to testnet (all node operators agreed).

The real net will be realaunched on January, 5, 2017 after we perform extensive stress tests. It's not "game over", it's just a delay. Those who invested back  in 2015 know that we keep our promises.

All addresses balances, address names and other important data are well preserved and the real network will include them at launch. Nobody will loose anything.

In case you have pending maskexchange transactions please get in touch with customer support.

The only good news is that all web node operators reported a huge increase of signups / users retention since launch (3 weeks ago) and the feedback they have received from users was amazing. Unfortunately masknetwork is not stable enough and we need more tests. 

so lets see how its works out. would not like to see game over.
Daffadile

Activity: 1162
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2016, 03:40:47 PM

Mask network is a scam just like your other website "casinotycoon" and "cryptotalk.net"

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
scaryvirus

Activity: 570
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 27, 2016, 10:40:50 PM

btw, there was issue where my login and pass wouldn't work on maskbuzz but worked on maskwallet for login. now that maskwallet is down, no way to log in.
notsofast
Legendary

Activity: 1517
Merit: 1042

@notsofast

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2017, 12:58:52 PM

Awaiting release today.

twitter.com/notsofast
butcherboss

Activity: 338

View Profile
January 06, 2017, 08:23:40 AM

January 6 is here and it has still not restarted. Hope it is just a small delay and will start soon. Waiting for the restart.
vprf

Activity: 51

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 03:51:45 AM

January 6 is here and it has still not restarted. Hope it is just a small delay and will start soon. Waiting for the restart.

Yes still waiting.  Any update would be nice.
care2yak

Activity: 779
Merit: 255

View Profile
January 08, 2017, 04:38:04 AM

The web wallet posted by dev directs to a forbidden page www.maskwallet.com. Why is that?
steemrunner

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 08:28:45 PM

I lost money trying to buy Mask and now website is down. Probably a scam.  Anyone know who the dev is IRL?
themasknetwork (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2017, 01:03:53 PM

As we have promised we came back with a revised and functional version of MaskNetwork.

After 6 more months of developing / testing we have are happy to announce that MaskNetwork is stable and ready to be launched in 5-6 weeks. We have also launched the official ICO. Check www.masknetwork.com fro more info.

Those who participated in the pre-sale pls. send me a message. The network addresses format has changed and we have to send you new public / private key pairs. We will also launch a 10.000 MSK bounty campaign.

What we have done in the last 6 months :

- Rewrite almost 20% of core code
- Added the missing features like data feed, binary options, margin markets. Right now 100% of features are implemented and ready to be tested.
- Tested the consensus / wallet stability
- Fixed a lot of issues  / bugs reported by testers

Those who bought MaskCoins using maskexchange, pls send me a PM.

MASKNETWORK.
cryptoworldwide

Activity: 770

"Proof-of-Asset Protocol"

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2017, 02:31:48 PM

Do you have facebook bounty?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: