Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 03:45:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 [90] 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [SXC][NSFW] Sexcoin - New Android Client Release!  (Read 137521 times)
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 05:31:49 PM

Hey. Your project is promising, since the price of your tokens is very high.

Probably you post into wrong or you are not aware of the current price of this coin. $0.0029 per coin is really high with limited supply than what is reasonable price please suggest this into this topic.
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lavajumper (OP)

Activity: 873
Merit: 1035

Sexcoin Core Dev Team Member

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 07:36:29 PM

do you want us to re open the pool ?

That would be very helpful.

SXC: S7NgcaY5qtjsBpNqdJsYbeTjacwuCUhC2Z | LTC: LVmkQd2T5nffVf1Bum9GzbNTaEQBXxURo9 | BTC: 17H4ut7WeaUkVkNh3UfvQArvsawabmrvg4 | http://sexcoinforum.com | Bitrated user: Lavajumper.
Timelord2067
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 2216

💲🏎️💨🚓

View Profile
August 24, 2018, 09:53:40 PM

Just put one L3+ on solomine to support network.

Yes - there is some problem with newco.in pool - will try to see is it possible to do something. Maybe p2pool software used is quite old.

And what about algo change to be GPU-friendly? - Now with those ASICs everywhere the GPU-community is searching where to put their rigs - and moving away from scrypt algo looks for me as a good idea! The best way - something not @ NiceHash - so the new possible attack is much harder to do.

The second good thing from that - a new wave of PR - the algo-switching is a good-go and positively supported by miners.

I'm sure you mean S3++ Wink In any event spreading the work load (including solo mining) is a great idea.

e-pool has also got problems, I was able to find a handful of blocks in the last 24 hours with 3MH/s but their page doesn't update the information (they are showing last block found as 8th of January)

findblocks.com

Activity: 515
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2018, 11:00:59 PM

do you want us to re open the pool ?

That would be very helpful.

no problem im ill get this sorted for you asap im away for a day or two but ill get it soreted and post here for you

We Do Private Pools / Block Explorers / New Coins / Send us a inbox
Findblocks Pool - http://findblocks.Net
amarian12

Activity: 619
Merit: 501

https://www.massict.com/

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2018, 05:03:46 PM

Just put one L3+ on solomine to support network.

Yes - there is some problem with newco.in pool - will try to see is it possible to do something. Maybe p2pool software used is quite old.

And what about algo change to be GPU-friendly? - Now with those ASICs everywhere the GPU-community is searching where to put their rigs - and moving away from scrypt algo looks for me as a good idea! The best way - something not @ NiceHash - so the new possible attack is much harder to do.

The second good thing from that - a new wave of PR - the algo-switching is a good-go and positively supported by miners.

I'm sure you mean S3++ Wink In any event spreading the work load (including solo mining) is a great idea.

e-pool has also got problems, I was able to find a handful of blocks in the last 24 hours with 3MH/s but their page doesn't update the information (they are showing last block found as 8th of January)

our pool ( stratum+tcp://p2pool.e-pool.net:5760) is working perfect, we do have bug in showing the correct time (in webinfo page)... but all blocks are found correctly by the pool

Imagine a future where IT infrastructures monitor themselves, are able to predict and respond to future business needs and can protect and heal themselves automatically.
AdamW_^_^

Activity: 244
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 09:10:47 AM

A coinswap to a POS chain would be great step toward keeping chain safer and to safe a lot power & the signal to reward long term hodlers like me.

I also could have sold at 1200 sat, but didnt want to. Hodl since 2 years or more.
Stop this pump and dump game and move to POS like Tittiecoin did.
Timelord2067
Legendary

💲🏎️💨🚓

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 06:53:04 PM

no problem im ill get this sorted for you asap im away for a day or two but ill get it soreted and post here for you

Look forward to seeing it back online.

our pool ( stratum+tcp://p2pool.e-pool.net:5760) is working perfect, we do have bug in showing the correct time (in webinfo page)... but all blocks are found correctly by the pool

Thanks for the update.

A coinswap to a POS chain would be great step toward keeping chain safer and to safe a lot power & the signal to reward long term hodlers like me.

I also could have sold at 1200 sat, but didnt want to. Hodl since 2 years or more.

PoS was discussed by the CORE group many months ago and it was felt that PoS doesn't fit our long-term plans for SexCoin.

We'd love to know who is behind the fraud being committed - and it's a dump then wind back the block chain.

We like to think we can weather a storm regardless of the wind's direction.

Dreaming

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 06:54:19 PM

You guys have been around since 2013? What was the token based on back then?
sheba

Activity: 78
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 06:56:05 PM

it used to have its own chain not sure what it is now but its been around forever
Timelord2067
Legendary

💲🏎️💨🚓

View Profile
August 27, 2018, 06:59:03 PM

it used to have its own chain not sure what it is now but its been around forever

It's a coin and always will be a coin. If you see anyone claiming to have a "SexCoin" token it is a fraud. Our wallet still have its underlying basis off of the LiteCoin Wallet (and can poke your eye out too!)  Wink

findblocks.com

Activity: 515
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2018, 11:11:18 AM

Hey guys We have re opend the sexcoin pool happy mining 

www.findblocks.com

explorer

http://findblocks.com/explorer/SXC

Peers - Sexcoin

addnode=136.243.45.140:9560
addnode=18.184.197.116:9560
addnode=188.40.78.31:9560
addnode=23.105.243.156:9560
addnode=62.99.220.186:9560
addnode=74.208.174.17:9560
addnode=80.211.26.244:9560
addnode=[2a01:4f8:212:d86::2]:9560

We Do Private Pools / Block Explorers / New Coins / Send us a inbox
Findblocks Pool - http://findblocks.Net
Beagle01

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 28, 2018, 03:20:36 PM

Are there any news regarding SXC when will there be livecoin up again?  Smiley
lavajumper (OP)

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 05:38:27 PM

Are there any news regarding SXC when will there be livecoin up again?  Smiley

Short answer: Yes.

I've almost got the post finished. It'll be in the next few hours.

SXC: S7NgcaY5qtjsBpNqdJsYbeTjacwuCUhC2Z | LTC: LVmkQd2T5nffVf1Bum9GzbNTaEQBXxURo9 | BTC: 17H4ut7WeaUkVkNh3UfvQArvsawabmrvg4 | http://sexcoinforum.com | Bitrated user: Lavajumper.
lavajumper (OP)

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 11:29:34 PM
Last edit: September 12, 2018, 04:29:08 PM by lavajumper
Merited by Timelord2067 (1), LoyceV (1), sasa9 (1)

::Very Important::

If you are not aware by now, Sexcoin has been the recipient of block-withholding attacks, both last year and two weeks ago. The dev team has been in discussion about the state of Sexcoin and crypto in general. We are aware that exchanges are particularly vulnerable to these attacks because of the nature of how they work. Although this should be obvious, we would like to go ahead and state it plainly. Sexcoin, (any scrypt based coin, with a few exceptions.. i.e. litecoin ), is currently insecure under its present metrics... and no coin that is insecure can really be taken seriously by people wanting to either invest or use it. Crypto's single largest selling point is the security of the block-chain.

Current holdings are not at risk. What is at risk are coins that are sent or recieved during an attack.

Since July, Sexcoin has had an average of 25 - 30 GH/s on its network. It has peaked at around 45 GH/s and been as low as 15 GH/s. Over that same timespan, Litecoin has had an average of about 300 TH/s on its network, peaking at 385 TH/s and going as low as 210 TH/s.

This brings to light what Sexcoin is really up against by using the scrypt algorithm at this time. Here are some points to keep in mind:

• At any given time there is AT LEAST 385 TH/s available globally to mine scrypt.
  • Sexcoin, during 'normal' operation ( not under attack ) has attracted as high as 45 GH/s, this is 0.00015% of the total global hashrate available.
  • In order to overwhelm the network, a bad actor only has to use 0.00030% of the total global hashrate. Approximately 80 GH/s.
  • On MRR, there is 22.15 TH/s of scrypt power available for rent.
  • As I write this, 3 hours of hashpower at 80 GH/s can be bought for 0.0080 BTC or $52

IF we were to attract 3 times the peak amount of honest hashpower, that would be 45 x 3 or 135 GH/s, the bad actor would need to purchase 135 X 2 ( the argument could be made that it could be pulled off with only 135+1 ), which can be purchased for 0.0180 BTC or $117... Doubling that to create a sustained attack for 6 hours would cost $234. That is not a lot of money, and well within reach of most people.

Again, right now, renting 45 GH/s for 24 hours would cost 0.0297 BTC ( $193 ), A quick rent for 12 Hours comes in at 0.01 BTC ( $65 ) The differences are because of how the rigs are selected and what's available for how long.. but we are looking at around $150 - $200 per day to provide a baseline of 45 GH/s to keep the network secured. Even with this effort, we would have been overwhelmed by an attack at the $230 level for 6 hours.

Sexcoin, as a project, is at a crossroads. We feel a responsibility both to the supporters of Sexcoin and the crypto community at large. Sexcoin was built on being available for miners and has enjoyed the fact that it was a coin that could still be mined in your basement. That time is over. We have had a number of discussions about different ways to keep the block-chain secure. POS, checkpoint servers, switching algorithms and coin swaps to token based have all been on the table since last year. Our real hope was that Sexcoin would realize its place in the eco-system and attract enough miners so that we could continue its course. These last attacks have convinced us that it has not.

Again, considering the global availability of hashrate, we cannot run sexcoin as pure scrypt under its present metrics any longer.

Therefore, in consideration of the current holders, miners and supporters of sexcoin, we are going to institute merge-mining. The intent here is to decisively secure the block-chain going forward, in a way that is both fair to current holders and people that are newly attracted to Sexcoin.

I have been in contact with both Livecoin and Cryptopia. They have both expressed a willingness to continue listing Sexcoin, under certain conditions. We believe merge-mining will satisfy those conditions, and we fully support the efforts they have made to protect both themselves and their clients. The perpetrators of these attacks are thieves, and their attacks are by design. Last year there was still some question as to whether or not the forks were malicious, this time there is no doubt.

Merge-mining is a process where we can leverage the hashpower that is being dedicated to litecoin. A miner can mine both litecoin and sexcoin using the same mining gear at the same time. This is done in a way that the full amount of hashpower is used on both networks at the same time. So merge-mining sexcoin is a bonus, and not merge-mining sexcoin would be leaving money on the table. This creates a very strong incentive to mine sexcoin and help secure the network. It does this while still preserving the ability to mine sexcoin on its own.

We will be publishing a time-line with more information soon™.

EDIT: Here is the followup and timeline

Angela22

Activity: 90
Merit: 3

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 07:59:33 AM

Kiss My love is #SEXCOIN  Roll Eyes
Everything will be fine
ArchitektoR

Activity: 215
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 09:28:31 AM

Merge-mining is a process where we can leverage the hashpower that is being dedicated to litecoin. A miner can mine both litecoin and sexcoin using the same mining gear at the same time. This is done in a way that the full amount of hashpower is used on both networks at the same time. So merge-mining sexcoin is a bonus, and not merge-mining sexcoin would be leaving money on the table. This creates a very strong incentive to mine sexcoin and help secure the network. It does this while still preserving the ability to mine sexcoin on its own.

dogecoin did so and now it's almost a DEAD project - yes, the net is live - but no interest at all - only for pump-n-dump on exchanges... the same for ALL other merged-mining coins - they never get any "new blood" after this.

For me - merged mining = dead coin/project. It's your decision - OK, but I'm not supporting it.
Timelord2067
Legendary

💲🏎️💨🚓

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 09:32:01 AM

dogecoin did so and now it's almost a DEAD project - yes, the net is live - but no interest at all - only for pump-n-dump on exchanges... the same for ALL other merged-mining coins - they never get any "new blood" after this.

For me - merged mining = dead coin/project. It's your decision - OK, but I'm not supporting it.

In ninety-one pages of posts, this is your first post to say you aren't going to support SexCoin.?

We're sorry to see you go - just remember that DOGE was started as a joke / meme coin.

ArchitektoR

Activity: 215
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 09:59:54 AM

In ninety-one pages of posts, this is your first post to say you aren't going to support SexCoin.?

We're sorry to see you go - just remember that DOGE was started as a joke / meme coin.

I was mining it for god knows how long - on GRIDSIDs and so on. And never sold - holy HODL Smiley - the pool with 0% fee was running from that time too.

I know the history of the DOGE - it's not the place to discuss - but they had all the things to become a main Donation CryptoConcurrency - but everything failed after merged mining...

The main problem of SexCoin - it the luck of places it can be used. So the low hashrate is the backside of the coin that no one needs - the GameCredits - scrypt coin too - is forcing themselves to the game industry, what SexCoin do? - If some studios like Brazzers or Adult "youtubes" start to accept SexCoins - the price will skyrocket and the miners will return. Where, the hell, is this?

And now you say - you will not support? I'm a miner, a hodler, a pool operator - and what can I do more? - And now all the team says - sorry, our coin has no value, so to simply "live everything as it goes" - we will use MM?

Why not to switch algo? Why not multi-algo as Digibyte, for example? - Choose Blake2b - and the ARMY of Antmainer A3 users will spread the word about SexCoin - new blood, new PR - they have NOTHING to mine!

But - no, all you can say - another faceless MM scrypt shitcoin.... with the price 30-40 sat like DOGE. OK.
lavajumper (OP)

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 01:19:50 PM

I was mining it for god knows how long - on GRIDSIDs and so on. And never sold - holy HODL Smiley - the pool with 0% fee was running from that time too.

I know the history of the DOGE - it's not the place to discuss - but they had all the things to become a main Donation CryptoConcurrency - but everything failed after merged mining...

The main problem of SexCoin - it the luck of places it can be used. So the low hashrate is the backside of the coin that no one needs - the GameCredits - scrypt coin too - is forcing themselves to the game industry, what SexCoin do? - If some studios like Brazzers or Adult "youtubes" start to accept SexCoins - the price will skyrocket and the miners will return. Where, the hell, is this?

And now you say - you will not support? I'm a miner, a hodler, a pool operator - and what can I do more? - And now all the team says - sorry, our coin has no value, so to simply "live everything as it goes" - we will use MM?

Why not to switch algo? Why not multi-algo as Digibyte, for example? - Choose Blake2b - and the ARMY of Antmainer A3 users will spread the word about SexCoin - new blood, new PR - they have NOTHING to mine!

But - no, all you can say - another faceless MM scrypt shitcoin.... with the price 30-40 sat like DOGE. OK.

ArchitektoR,

Actually, I appreciate your perspective. This is one of the main reasons we have been reluctant to make this decision. But is it worth it to mine a coin knowing that all your mining proceeds could be reversed by an inexpensive attack? Is it possible to get someone like Brazzers to accept a coin that has an insecure network? Wouldn't switching the algo leave us vulnerable to the same scenario playing out in the future? In order to get adaptation, requirement one is that the network is secure. So there is a catch-22 here. We cannot get adaptation without a secure network... and we cannot get a secure network without adaptation. One of these walls must be broken through.

As far as the potential of relegating Sexcoin to another faceless shitcoin, I strongly disagree with that. The age verification is a big differentiator, no other coin has that, and strong verification is on the horizon. In addition, we are working on ways to continue the path of making Sexcoin the most attractive coin for the Adult Industry. The European Projects are heating up, but have been ready to pull back because of the low hash-rates. This last attack has given everyone working on adaptation serious pause, and at a time where confidence needs to be highest.

I'm going to assume, since you remember the 0% pool fee, that you really are OG on this... what was your BCT account then? We are not saying 'fuck you' to the 'mine and hodl'ers. We are not saying the coin has no value. We are saying that the coin has no value if the network remains insecure. We are saying "we are protecting your investment". If you haven't figured it out, I'm also a 'mine and hodl'er, I have a fair stake in this project myself. Do you think I would support a decision that would harm the coin?

roughswap

Activity: 153
Merit: 8

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 01:43:38 PM

Is there any way to safely trade sxc?
Pages: « 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 [90] 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 »
  Print  

Jump to: