Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 08:02:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why are litecoins worth 6 cents?  (Read 5642 times)
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4256
Merit: 4528

View Profile
November 27, 2012, 05:17:44 AM

Huh? It is?

Now this is LTC/BTC, but you can surely get a sense. Recently LTC/USD has been tracking roughly 10x LTC/BTC. Real pitfall on BTC-e if you're not paying attention. Smiley

I nominate THIS as kewlest website of the year:

http://www.cryptocoincharts.info/

...and yes I am a shareholder. Smiley

when BTC was $10 then the LTC/USD tracked at a 10x value against LTC/BTC.. but now BTC is $12 theres a 12x difference.

(rought current prices) 0.005LTC x 12 = $0.06 per ltc

you will see that the price is never a 10x value constantly.. ull find that if LTC/USD changed.. the BTC/LTC changes to even out the the balance. the only reason its believed there is a 10-12 multiple is because the BTC/USD has hung around those prices for so long. but if BTC dropped to $6 or rose to $20 the 10-12 multiplier will not remain constant

so if BTC goes under $10 but LTC stays at $0.06 then the BTC/LTC will go above 0.006

its why the LTC/BTC is more volatile with prices. as small changes on the dollar side can vastly alter the profitability of BTC/LTC direct trades. its why the LTC/USD is slow and more stable with less trades happening per hour / day..

so use the dollar sides of crypto to plan the direction the LTC/BTC direct prices will change to. but be quick as someone else will calculate it to and beat you to a arbitrage profit

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 27, 2012, 06:14:34 AM

Huh? It is?

Now this is LTC/BTC, but you can surely get a sense. Recently LTC/USD has been tracking roughly 10x LTC/BTC. Real pitfall on BTC-e if you're not paying attention. Smiley

I nominate THIS as kewlest website of the year:

http://www.cryptocoincharts.info/

...and yes I am a shareholder. Smiley

goodness gracious, great thanks

Donations: 1JVhKjUKSjBd7fPXQJsBs5P3Yphk38AqPr - TIPS
the hacks, the hacks, secure your bits!
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: