Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:40:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you want the ignore feature to have these new properties?
Yes - 3 (25%)
No - 9 (75%)
(For custom ideas) - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 12

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ignore feature needs enhancements.  (Read 1121 times)
Fwdxlsh

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 09:55:05 PM

It would not be a ignore function anymore, but rather censoring/blocking one.

Lauda doesn't like "censorship or blocking", but Lauda stood by the self moderate option.

Yet another contradiction for Lauda. You honestly must be ill to have this many contradictions.

there is a huge difference.

moderation means: the deleted post cant be viewed by anyone.
the OP suggest: if i ignore you you are not able to view my posts

i think the first is ok, but the second isnt...so i dont like OP's suggestion and i dont see any contradiction in what lauda said.
It is censorship nonetheless.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
minifrij
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1267

In Memory of Zepher

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2015, 09:55:32 PM

So? Out of sight, out of mind. To me, I personally wouldn't mind if I couldn't see it.
You don't represent the majority of the forum, nor does anyone else here. Your opinion, and anyone else's, are irrelevant without a majority.
Also, why do you insist on using obnoxious font sizes? It doesn't even emphasize anything in your post, it looks like you just put it there because you got bored.

Also, the site is already "high school", because people talk about others.
TIL every respected news network or website is now "high school" because they have talked about another being at some point in time.
Talking about others is fine, and should be encouraged if the person being talked about has done something wrong.

There's drama in the reputation forum. So you want people to see when people talk about them so they can get upset and distracted?
I don't know about you, but if someone is trying to claim that I have done something wrong I would personally like to be able to talk back and give my side of the story so that people could understand both sides of the story and base their opinions on that. Preventing this would just create manhunts against a single user based off of one other user's opinion, which I would hope you see as worse than one person making a potentially hurtful post about a certain user.

I don't really care if someone wants to talk about me, just as long as I can erase them from my thoughts and just focus on fighting for my future goals and endeavors. They can spend time on another human will I spend my time on building my future.
So, for you to forget about someone you must stop them viewing your content? I don't understand.

I kind of want OP's idea. Especially if he gets to do the coding. Then we'll see what he's capable of.
Then he can implement it on a different forum and you can join there, because I sincerely hope that this idea wouldn't even be thought about by the admins.

Lauda doesn't like "censorship or blocking", but Lauda stood by the self moderate option.

Yet another contradiction for Lauda. You honestly must be ill to have this many contradictions.
Whether Lauda wanted the self moderation option or not their opinion would not get it changed in any way. Since this is the case, they may as well help out and suggest that option to someone who wants to censor their threads. Lauda is simply being mature and suggesting an option which could fit the needs of what the OP wants, regardless of whether they feel said option is right or not.
Also, what are you trying to prove by targeting Lauda like this? Are you trying to get them demoted? Either way, I suggest you stop with it. You're just making yourself look like an idiot by severely misunderstanding simple posts.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: