Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:45:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: In which section/sub section can I place Referral Link?  (Read 975 times)
sardasa (OP)

Activity: 1064
Merit: 502

* Buying Bitcoin *

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 07:16:42 PM

I opened 1 thread today in Services under Market Place wherein I was paying users to join 1 site using my referral link but that was deleted within few minutes.
So, now I am wondering where is it mentioned that Referral Links are not allowed under Services section & in which section can I legally create this thread wherein I will pay users for their service i.e. joining a website & complete some offers there ?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mexxer-2

Activity: 924
Merit: 1003

4 Mana 7/7

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 07:21:16 PM

None, just post in the thread(Services ofc) that you'll individually PM each of the participants the ref link instead of the ref link itself and you'll be fine. I was the one who reported your thread BTW.
sardasa (OP)

* Buying Bitcoin *

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 07:27:13 PM

None, just post in the thread(Services ofc) that you'll individually PM each of the participants the ref link instead of the ref link itself and you'll be fine. I was the one who reported your thread BTW.
Thanks for the reply.
Though I am just thinking how is it different?
Placing referral link on my thread gives me less work of individually PMing any/every interested person + they also know whether they have joined the site previously & can they join it now or not.

mexxer-2

4 Mana 7/7

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 07:30:27 PM

Thanks for the reply.
Placing referral link on my thread gives me less work of individually PMing any/every interested person + they also know whether they have joined the site previously & can they join it now or not.
It is different in a way that you are not spamming your ref links as some of the spammers might do in other forums, publicly listing a ref link in this forum is forbidden and I understand thats diff. from where you come(TBN), but you gotta follow the rules. As for your situation, list the site name and tell the participants to contact you for the ref link, it may be hard work , yes , but thats the only way AFAIK.

Although this may be frowned upon by some members, you can place your ref link in your signature and list it in your post that the ref link is in your signature, although I'm not guaranteeing that someone will not report the post and the thread will not be deleted.
sardasa (OP)

* Buying Bitcoin *

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 07:42:50 PM

Thanks for the reply.
It is different in a way that you are not spamming your ref links as some of the spammers might do in other forums, publicly listing a ref link in this forum is forbidden and I understand thats diff. from where you come(TBN), but you gotta follow the rules. As for your situation, list the site name and tell the participants to contact you for the ref link, it may be hard work , yes , but thats the only way AFAIK.

Although this may be frowned upon by some members, you can place your ref link in your signature and list it in your post that the ref link is in your signature, although I'm not guaranteeing that someone will not report the post and the thread will not be deleted.
So you mean to say there are no set defined rules about every section/sub section/signature on this forum? It all depends upon what some senior member likes and dislikes?

mexxer-2

4 Mana 7/7

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 07:53:35 PM

So you mean to say there are no set defined rules about every section/sub section/signature on this forum? It all depends upon what some senior member likes and dislikes?
No its the moderators who decide that, there is a set of rules but it is loosely defined(to avoid anyone getting them over while clearly breaking them), and every moderator is free to decide if a post/thread breaks the rule or not. For example while one moderator might decide the implication of ref link in your case is allowed(highly, as in 0.001%, unlikely) , another will see it as a case of ref spam.
sardasa (OP)

* Buying Bitcoin *

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 07:58:58 PM

No its the moderators who decide that, there is a set of rules but it is loosely defined(to avoid anyone getting them over while clearly breaking them), and every moderator is free to decide if a post/thread breaks the rule or not. For example while one moderator might decide the implication of ref link in your case is allowed(highly, as in 0.001%, unlikely) , another will see it as a case of ref spam.
Honestly, for me ref spam is only when I am sending unsolicited PMs to everyone on the forum BUT I am NEVER EVEN gonna do that. So it's still confusing for me why is this rule even loosely defined that referral links cannot be placed along with the OP itself.

Anyways, I gotta follow the rules even if I don't like them or else risk losing my account.

mexxer-2

4 Mana 7/7

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 08:04:07 PM

Honestly, for me ref spam is only when I am sending unsolicited PMs to everyone on the forum BUT I am NEVER EVEN gonna do that. So it's still confusing for me why is this rule even loosely defined that referral links cannot be placed along with the OP itself.

Anyways, I gotta follow the rules even if I don't like them or else risk losing my account.
Just an example of how it might be abused if this was allowed:
A newbie comes and makes a thread that he will pay everyone if they join with his ref link, he completely vanishes after everyone has done it. This while following the rule , by common sense also breaks it. That is why moderators are given free reign, and only the ones with good decision skills are chosen for the job.Almost 99.99% of threads which so much as even mention an affilate code are deleted, exceptions including only the ones with very constructive post, only one I have seen exempt from this is shorena.
At any rate, good luck with your "campaign".
sardasa (OP)

* Buying Bitcoin *

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 08:12:20 PM

Just an example of how it might be abused if this was allowed:
A newbie comes and makes a thread that he will pay everyone if they join with his ref link, he completely vanishes after everyone has done it. This while following the rule , by common sense also breaks it. That is why moderators are given free reign, and only the ones with good decision skills are chosen for the job.Almost 99.99% of threads which so much as even mention an affilate code are deleted, exceptions including only the ones with very constructive post, only one I have seen exempt from this is shorena.
At any rate, good luck with your "campaign".
If I have to vanish w/o paying then I can do it even while I send users referral link via PM. Don't you think so?
Instead posting referral link openly would lead to users developing more trust in me when they'll see openly that everyone who met the requirements written in my OP has been paid and they'll have a reason to complete my offer which might not happen if referral link is sent via PM as most of the users won't post on their own that they were paid. For sure they'll post they're not paid if I decide to scam for some cents here.

mexxer-2

4 Mana 7/7

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 08:19:25 PM

-snip-
It was an example. At any rate, moderators will not bother going through all of the ref spam to find something that might not be such a case, as I said earlier, nearly 99.99% of thread that include ref link of any kind are deleted.
sardasa (OP)

* Buying Bitcoin *

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 08:23:44 PM

-snip-
It was an example. At any rate, moderators will not bother going through all of the ref spam to find something that might not be such a case, as I said earlier, nearly 99.99% of thread that include ref link of any kind are deleted.
If that's the case then why is it not added as a Rule in here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3629.0 ?
Rules are called as rules because they are defined and no human interpretation is needed in any different sense to understand what's breaking that rule & what's not. Unless its written in black & white it's not a rule!

onlinedragon

Activity: 1036
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 08:23:58 PM

The best option promote your referral on Twitter or start easy Faucet and include your referral links in the banners. Or spam them on a popular chatbox possible your also lucky when you do that. Maybe the moderator don't like it and possible they ban you.
mexxer-2

4 Mana 7/7

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 08:27:41 PM

-snip-
If that's the case then why is it not added as a Rule in here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3629.0 ?
Rules are called as rules because they are defined and no human interpretation is needed in any different sense to understand what's breaking that rule & what's not. Unless its written in black & white it's not a rule!
Because that is only the marketplace rule, the global rules are: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=703657.0
sardasa (OP)

* Buying Bitcoin *

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 08:31:06 PM

The best option promote your referral on Twitter or start easy Faucet and include your referral links in the banners. Or spam them on a popular chatbox possible your also lucky when you do that. Maybe the moderator don't like it and possible they ban you.
I DO NOT want to spam my referral link anywhere. I only want interested users to complete my offer.
Pasting link on twitter will not lead me any profit as I am not going to target the correct audience.
If I post my thread in this section then I can be sure most people coming to section are looking to earn some money by completing some sort of service & I can be of some help to them.

onlinedragon

Activity: 1036
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 09:28:59 PM

I DO NOT want to spam my referral link anywhere. I only want interested users to complete my offer.
Pasting link on twitter will not lead me any profit as I am not going to target the correct audience.
If I post my thread in this section then I can be sure most people coming to section are looking to earn some money by completing some sort of service & I can be of some help to them.
Why you should not do that there are a lot of chatbox where you normal never take a visit. It's not that important if they will ban you if you never go back there. Your not tricking people in scam or other bad stuff. No one will get hurt with such actions.
Decoded
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029

give me your cryptos

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 04:40:21 AM

It's against the rules to openly share referral links. You need to send them via PM, as they are basically a sign of breed. If you range to share them, usually you'll have to pay people to use them.

looking for a signature campaign, dm me for that
EFS
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 2068

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 06:50:42 AM

Trashcan. Smiley

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 07:00:21 AM

Trashcan. Smiley
LOL. When I was reading this thread, I was thinking this exactly.
When you post a referral link for the sole reason of having people sign up with your link, you are doing little more then advertising the service your referral link is for. Having the forum filled up with a bunch of advertisements does not make for a good viewing/browsing experience and makes it difficult to have actual discussions.
WaterSupply

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 12:54:06 AM

Hi

I think you can place your referral link in your signature. Just make sure to place it in a clear and honest way, maybe post a twitter and post your link there?
Sir_lagsalot

Activity: 392
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 12:38:45 PM

No one will use your referral link for free, so at least you're paying. You have to post in services because really, this doesn't belong anywhere else. You also have to PM the recipients with the referral link, as it is not allowed to share referral links on the forum.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: