Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 05:10:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why aren´t U.S. mass shootings called for what they are - Terrorism  (Read 2222 times)
galdur (OP)

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 08:04:57 PM

Here´s yet another one. These terror attacks aren´t quite daily yet but almost seem to be getting there.

-------------------------------------

Authorities responding to reports of mass shooting in San Bernardino, Calif

At least one person opened fire at a social services facility in San Bernardino, California on Wednesday. Early reports said that 20 people may have been wounded, but as the situation developed it remained unclear how many exactly were hurt.

Reports first surfaced around 11:15 a.m. PT of an incident in the area, and the official San Bernardino Country Sheriff's Department Twitter account said an active shooter was in the area.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
galdur (OP)

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 08:14:09 PM

I guess it looks bad for publicity to be in an endless war against terrorism in faraway lands - resulting in ballooning terrorism of course - while terrorists run freely back home and can attack at will. So it can´t be called terrorism.

saddampbuh
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1014

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 09:20:44 PM

because the killers don't usually have political aims

Be radical, have principles, be absolute, be that which the bourgeoisie calls an extremist: give yourself without counting or calculating, don't accept what they call ‘the reality of life' and act in such a way that you won't be accepted by that kind of ‘life', never abandon the principle of struggle.
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2015, 09:52:42 PM

Well at least they can't claim there isn't enough gun control like they usually do, I actually think I saw it on Bill Maher's show where a politician there was pretty much boasting about their gun laws, people like him who advocate it so much are going to look pretty stupid now.

Also it depends, this could be just another case of somebody going crazy I don't think all the details are out yet on this one.
Gyfts
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 1512

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 10:39:47 PM

Police said they are not sure if it was terrorism or not because from the perspective of the police and media, it was armed shooters who's goal was to kill. Political influence hasn't been investigated and won't be until the suspects are identified.
jasonjm

Activity: 1232
Merit: 524

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2015, 10:54:11 PM

if this was jihadis, all hell is going to break loose.

not saying it is, but the fact that there were 3 shooters is pretty rare for the USA.
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 12:02:57 AM

if this was jihadis, all hell is going to break loose.

not saying it is, but the fact that there were 3 shooters is pretty rare for the USA.

I think accurate reporting shouldn't be disparaged.  Criticize them when and if it turns out all shooters were Muslim, all were recent illegal immigrants, all went to a Mosque where we know radical teaching was done, but "we don't know if there was a political component to it."

And at that time, call it what it is - "Radical Islamic Terrorism."  If that is what it is. 

California is very restrictive on gun laws, ridiculously so.  But the people there are far from stupid....

WaterSupply

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 12:05:21 AM

Hello :-)

Mass shootings in the US are not called terrorism because most of them do not have a political agenda. They normally seem to be mentally unwell people going on the rampage or people involved in gangs etc. That is just my opinion

Cheers
Holliday
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1009

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 12:06:32 AM

California is very restrictive on gun laws, ridiculously so.  But the people there are far from stupid....

That's kind of an oxymoron, isn't it?

If you aren't the sole controller of your private keys, you don't have any bitcoins.
galdur (OP)

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 12:26:48 AM

Don´t have a political agenda? It´s mass murder that terrorizes people. You lap up definitions from fruitcakes that run around the world pretending to fight terrorism and are unable to keep the peace in their own fucking country? Let´s say that these attacks become a daily occurrence. Do you think maybe that you could glean some political agenda from them at some point?

WaterSupply

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 12:30:14 AM

What would you say is the political agenda then with these shootings? As far as i can tell most of them do not have political agendas, it seems to me that guns are far too accessible and not enough is done to look at mental health and solving arguments and bitterness that turns to hate and eventually murder???

Cheers

Don´t have a political agenda? It´s mass murder that terrorizes people. You lap up definitions from fruitcakes that run around the world pretending to fight terrorism and are unable to keep the peace in their own fucking country?
galdur (OP)

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 12:34:40 AM

What would you say is the political agenda then with these shootings? As far as i can tell most of them do not have political agendas, it seems to me that guns are far too accessible and not enough is done to look at mental health and solving arguments and bitterness that turns to hate and eventually murder???

Cheers

Don´t have a political agenda? It´s mass murder that terrorizes people. You lap up definitions from fruitcakes that run around the world pretending to fight terrorism and are unable to keep the peace in their own fucking country?

You already said Hello and expressed your enjoyment once. Try again, like a human being this time.

The political agenda is to terrorize people, show them that the authorities can´t defend them and probably don´t give a hoot about their protection anyway. It´s about undermining the general order. And of course the GLARING message is that those who are self-appointed policemen of the world are unable to police their home turf to begin with.

galdur (OP)

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 01:38:04 AM

14 dead. 1 suspect killed. 'Pipe bombs' thrown at cops

If a political manifesto is found, I guess maybe the government will designate this particular mass murder as an act of terrorism. But it´ll probably end up as yet another lone gunm...sorry dead crazy gunmen story.

Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 02:24:54 AM

That's kind of an oxymoron, isn't it?

No, because there is incredible diversity in people and culture in California.  Liberal sleezeballs may hold San Francisco and Los Angeles, but there are more handguns and rifles hidden or buried out there in CA than could be counted on the fingers and toes of a million Hezbolah.

Watch now how the local sheriffs who have the right to allow or deny concealed carry permits react.
jasonjm

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2015, 02:45:20 AM

one of the shooters confirmed as "Farooq Saeed" apparently.

doesn't sound like the typical white anti abortion nutcase.
jasonjm

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2015, 02:49:25 AM

as to why people in California have shitty gun laws, it is actually pretty easy. Most People in NY and in California think they know better than everyone else. Better than other NYers and Californians too, I have lived in both places.

So when you think everyone around you is an idiot, you basically don't want other people to have any rights, definitely not any guns, because they are all idiots and you know better than them, and they are all just irritating people.

That is pretty much the typical mindset of the average NYer and Cali person.

MakingMoneyHoney

Activity: 504

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 02:51:07 AM

Are we trying to label them terrorism because our president is terrorizing the civilians to invoke fear to get rid of guns?

Ever Wonder Why the Most Mass Shootings Ever Have Happened Under Obama?

jasonjm

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2015, 02:53:41 AM

http://www.zerohedge.com/sites/default/files/images/user3303/imageroot/2015/12/20151202_SB2.jpg

media is now trying to portray this as a workplace dispute. 1 person going postal, normal, but 3?

calling BS right now.

jasonjm

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2015, 02:56:09 AM

Are we trying to label them terrorism because our president is terrorizing the civilians to invoke fear to get rid of guns?

Ever Wonder Why the Most Mass Shootings Ever Have Happened Under Obama?

obama has no chance on his gun crap. Under his presidency  - there has never been a stronger shift to gun rights in the last 30 years.

check at how the poll numbers have shifted.

let him moan and groan, he will be gone in 12 months.
galdur (OP)

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 02:59:30 AM

I don't know if he´s invoking fear to get rid of guns. If he is and it´s policy it has clearly had the opposite effect. I think gun sales spike after every terrorist attack. Which is a natural reaction from the population. They keep getting repeated confirmation about the obvious: the government can´t keep the peace so they have to be prepared to do the peacekeeping themselves.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: