Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 11:55:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why aren´t U.S. mass shootings called for what they are - Terrorism  (Read 2222 times)
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 06:34:58 PM

Here´s  the most recent feel good stories from thisainthell.us .. never a dull moment...

In Bradenton, Florida, a homeowner tackled an armed burglar and took his gun. When the burglar made a motion that looked like he was trying to draw another firearm, the homeowner shot him in the ankle with the burglar’s own gun and then bear-hugged him until the police arrived and took the criminal off to the hoosegow. It’s always a good idea to have your own gun and you shouldn’t depend on the burglars to bring a gun for you.

Wait, so you should have your own gun?

I guess so.

What if the burglar's gun was broke or unloaded or something?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
galdur (OP)

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 06:58:59 PM

Man, what a crazy story

and this is what a lady in Shelbyville, Tennessee had to say about it

Every Florida resident should be outraged at stories like this. 35 years old, 22 felony CONVICTIONS, and still out on the streets to terrorize law-abiding citizens??? And his bonds only total $27,500??? It is long past time to expand the scope of the three strikes law!!! Welcome to the insanity we call America.

Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2015, 07:20:20 PM

It's funny how people are so anti-police right now, but they want them in charge and the only ones with guns, lol.

I think that's a great example of cognitive dissonance Smiley

South Park had a great episode on that very subject actually, they've been on a total roll.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2Td5vPfrOo
jasonjm

Activity: 1232
Merit: 524

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2015, 07:28:21 PM

For the record I was right.

jasonjm

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2015, 07:35:26 PM

And Btw I have been very open about trumps presidential bid right until he made the call to kill terrorists families.

What a doosh bag

At that point we are no better than the terrorists.
galdur (OP)

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 11:23:32 AM
Last edit: December 04, 2015, 06:40:34 PM by galdur

FBI struggles with definition of California attack, may treat it as an act of terrorism

Meanwhile; "If you see something, say something" seems to have evolved into "If you say something, we will prosecute you" or at least I seemed to get that impression from listening to the woman that replaced Eric Holder. Where in the heck do they dig up these people?

Anyway, I personally feel bloody terrorized by these events no matter how Big Brother categorizes them´

It´s tragic. Senseless. What a waste.

This 37-year-old man was one of those killed

Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2015, 01:32:45 PM

Most of us were, America just isn't the same as Europe, you can't compare the two and suddenly expect enacting a law to magically fix everything, I can guarantee the more they push for gun control in other states that the Mexican cartels over the border will switch to smuggling guns instead because it will be far more profitable than even drugs. The police will end up being stretched so thin the won't even be able to stop a robbery very easily because they're too busy trying to shut down all these people illegally buying guns and then another bunch of shooting will happen.
galdur (OP)

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 02:07:18 PM
Last edit: December 05, 2015, 07:23:47 PM by galdur

The more that they talk about gun control and banning guns the more people stockpile guns. It´s rather obvious which begs the question why are they so desperate to have people hoard guns?

About the most glaring reason for this stockpiling is basic speculation. When you anticipate interrupted supply in something that usually is in pretty high demand you stock up on it to sell later at profit.

There are other reasons of course and all this government talk spikes sales for those reasons as well.

There´s no way around it, well assuming that the people in charge are  aware of the connection between effect and cause - they want people to buy guns in droves. They want to spike gun sales and use every opportunity for their marketing campaign. The question is why?

MakingMoneyHoney

Activity: 504

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 02:09:40 PM

The more that they talk about gun control and banning guns the more people stockpile guns. It´s rather obvious which begs the question why are they so desperate to have people hoard guns?

About the most glaring reason for this stockpiling is basic speculation. When you anticipate interrupted supply in something that usually is in pretty high demand you stock up on it to sell later at profit.

There are other reasons of course and all this government talk spikes sales for those reasons as well.

There´s no way around it, well assuming that that the people in charge are  aware of the connection between effect and cause - they want people to buy guns in droves. They want to spike gun sales and use every opportunity for their marketing campaign. The question is why?

So they know who is anti-government and who is asleep (and turning in their guns rather than buying them). Then they know who the enemy of the state is. In war you want to know who your enemy is.
galdur (OP)

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 02:31:57 PM

There´s no way around it, well assuming that that the people in charge are  aware of the connection between effect and cause - they want people to buy guns in droves. They want to spike gun sales and use every opportunity for their marketing campaign. The question is why?

So they know who is anti-government and who is asleep (and turning in their guns rather than buying them). Then they know who the enemy of the state is. In war you want to know who your enemy is.

Well, half the population views the government as a threat and almost no one believes a word from it so yes, I could see them being worried about "enemies of the state". And since they´re obsessed with defining unpleasant things somehow out of existence (terrorism for example) to cover their own incompetence, they probably define state and government as the same entity. Kings in the middle ages did the same...'L'etat c'est moi' ('I am the state') --Louis the XIV. It´s typical autocrat mentality.

zivone

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 02:39:44 PM

If they would find  out the suspects are Americans then there will be called "American terrorist".
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 06:54:55 PM

Most of us were, America just isn't the same as Europe, you can't compare the two and suddenly expect enacting a law to magically fix everything, I can guarantee the more they push for gun control in other states that the Mexican cartels over the border will switch to smuggling guns instead because it will be far more profitable than even drugs. The police will end up being stretched so thin the won't even be able to stop a robbery very easily because they're too busy trying to shut down all these people illegally buying guns and then another bunch of shooting will happen.

Well, it is a logical fallacy of the Liberal/Democrat/fascist/totalitarian variety to think that similar rules will work similarly for large and disparate groups of people, with different cultures and historical backgrounds.

If they would find  out the suspects are Americans then there will be called "American terrorist".
Naw.  Islamic terrorists are Islamic terrorists no matter where the rotten piece of wood they crawl out from under is located.  No different than cockroaches.  Do cockroaches have a nationality?
Wilikon
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 07:13:02 PM

jasonjm

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2015, 08:20:32 PM

You can fix it.

Stop the NSA blanket surveillance. It's retarded you need to focus on individuals not the entire world.
Enforce gun rights for all states from the federal level. Concealed carry should be a right.
Get every US soldiers out of every other country except the USA.
Shut down immigration, travel visas etc with every Muslim country, except for emergency or important business type visits. Ban any person from European countries that has visits to the middle east.  
Use the army that is now home instead of overseas to secure our borders.

But it's all too logical. Instead we will get the exact opposite of every point above.
galdur (OP)

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 08:36:28 PM

Yes, and in the interests of public safety, round up criminals and put them to work under military guard, building dams, repairing bridges and roads and other infrastructure, far away from law-abiding citizens. If they don´t play ball, shoot them.

Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 09:28:59 PM

Yes, and in the interests of public safety, round up criminals and put them to work under military guard, building dams, repairing bridges and roads and other infrastructure, far away from law-abiding citizens. If they don´t play ball, shoot them.
That MIGHT  be going a little bit too far.  And I see a problem with putting them to work like that.  It would take jobs away from hard working Americans.  Mexicans.
galdur (OP)

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 10:53:17 PM

That MIGHT  be going a little bit too far.  And I see a problem with putting them to work like that.  It would take jobs away from hard working Americans.  Mexicans.

I think removing criminals would in itself create jobs. A safer and less stressful environment has to increase business in general. People will just be more active and confident. Criminals bring chronic uncertainty which is very unhealthy for business and commerce. So, getting rid of that would be very valuable I´m sure.

jasonjm

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2015, 11:01:09 PM

Legalize all drugs which would free up 50 percent of the jails and 50 percent of law enforcement and focus on violent crime

If any of you know junkies, I have never met a junkie to this day that could not find drugs. So no point in making drugs illegal. They find them no matter what. Spend the money on drug education and rehab.
galdur (OP)

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 11:07:20 PM

Legalize all drugs which would free up 50 percent of the jails and 50 percent of law enforcement and focus on violent crime

If any of you know junkies, I have never met a junkie to this day that could not find drugs. So no point in making drugs illegal. They find them no matter what. Spend the money on drug education and rehab.

Yes, by removing criminals I have generally in mind violent ones, those who threaten and disturb the general order and terrorize the population.

Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
December 06, 2015, 01:03:56 AM

That MIGHT  be going a little bit too far.  And I see a problem with putting them to work like that.  It would take jobs away from hard working Americans.  Mexicans.

I think removing criminals would in itself create jobs. A safer and less stressful environment has to increase business in general. People will just be more active and confident. Criminals bring chronic uncertainty which is very unhealthy for business and commerce. So, getting rid of that would be very valuable I´m sure.

Not necessarily true.  I've had a theory for quite a while that maximal profits to the Middle East oil producers occurs exactly when there is maximum tension, minor wars, terrorism, and such.  Threats to the West of disruption of necessary oil for day to day life would of course increase the price of the commodity.

So there is at least one specific case where less safe and more stressful environment would seem to increase total business profits.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: