Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 10:36:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: could bitcoin resolve the us debt  (Read 2158 times)
$66trillionusdebt (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 07:33:30 PM

or even half of it or even 1/10 of it? ??

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Sir_lagsalot

Activity: 392
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 09:24:16 PM

It could if the US invested enough in bitcoin. Bitcoin has got $1000 before, and if the US government wants to invest, more US citizens will join and bitcoin's price will go sky high. And yes, the US can obliterate their debt.
Meuh6879
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 09:48:03 PM

Bitcoin can resolve everything : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joITmEr4SjY
WaterSupply

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 12:39:16 AM

LOL is this a joke.

I heard the US debt is something like 13 TRILLION DOLLARS. The technology of bitcoin can certainly provide a new of doing things, but i know this is some sort of joke question.
johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1007

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 03:54:58 AM

The debt is an illusion, there is no debt when central bank can print money at will: All the debt is owed to banks, but banks don't really need the repayment, when they need money, they just print as they see fit

However, banks will never do a debt forgiven, so you have higher and higher national debt, this is to make sure people trust the value of fiat currency. You can imagine, if all the debt can be forgiven (as they should), then people will all take unlimited loans and spend, no one is going to work, immediately create hyperinflation and destroy the value of fiat currency. Debt is the driven power for the society

Rubberduckie
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 03:58:43 AM

http://www.usdebtclock.org/

If you have OCD be careful with that link lol (numbers everywhere)
some scary info of just how screwed we are then I think the OP
can answer the question himself.

Pab
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1012

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 04:13:16 AM

The debt is an illusion, there is no debt when central bank can print money at will: All the debt is owed to banks, but banks don't really need the repayment, when they need money, they just print as they see fit

However, banks will never do a debt forgiven, so you have higher and higher national debt, this is to make sure people trust the value of fiat currency. You can imagine, if all the debt can be forgiven (as they should), then people will all take unlimited loans and spend, no one is going to work, immediately create hyperinflation and destroy the value of fiat currency. Debt is the driven power for the society

Yes,debt money,virtual blood for bank zombies,thaycant live without it,just more and more

Not possible,system has to be changed
over13 trilions is only USA,there are others countrys also

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
hetecon

Activity: 462

Viarium.io - DECENTRALIZED VR WORLD

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 06:20:37 AM

this question is not even funyn how much dumb it is.

CryptoBjorn

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 09:18:31 AM

I am not sure if it wil but I just heard that with Bitcoin you can resolve anything.

Only that people need to believe also in bitcoin.

I bet that when dollar or euro will be in really bad shape like really bad. Than bitcoin will be there savior.
n2004al
Legendary

Activity: 1134

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 09:25:41 AM

or even half of it or even 1/10 of it? ??

Bitcoin only can increase the United States debt or the debt of every other country which would have such kind of problems. Or will create such problems for those countries which will try to use it to decrease their actual debt. For the simple reason that bitcoin is owned by no one. Nor from United States and neither from no one other country. So, to be owned the needed amount to liquidate the debt of the United States (if it will be possible because must be seen the capital market of bitcoin and the amount of debt of United States) and to be used to eliminate the debt, first, the bitcoin must be bought (or created, mining). Both actions have costs. Maybe bigger the first way and less the second way but yet are costs. Any kind of profits. So we will see the opposite of the desired action. The debt will became greater. Will be added even the money needed to fulfill the above actions.  Wink
LuckyYOU

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 09:35:23 AM

I don't think so. If they would print more money, that would solve all of their debts, but of course they won't

They would rather see their country go to shit rather than getting it out of it.

bitcoinstudent19212

Activity: 19

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2015, 10:42:15 AM

If anything, adoption of Bitcoin would make their debt worse. One of the reasons why government loves having their central bank institutions is that they can print money over time and basically inflate their debt away. So whilst in the fiat world debt  is relatively decreasing over time  - tending towards 0, in the world of bitcoin there is mild deflation throughout. This means the value of their debt is relatively increasing every minute of time that passes. This will make it much worse for them! Except if they somehow negotiated a deflation linked payment plan with their creditors.
Zaun

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

Forza Roma

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 10:44:02 AM

Really can bitcoin do it? I mean how?
Maybe america have debt, but I am just sure in the future everything is gona be oke.
I don't mind if there is debt in my country as long I am a live and happy what I have.

Pleas all country just destroy your money and replace it to Bitcoin, best solution ever Tongue
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 10:59:21 AM

thinking about it they can simply extinguish all debts via electronic way, with a simple erase, simple click

and even in the remote case that bitcoin can suck all the fiat value, they can simple print more and have again their amount
USB-S

Activity: 574

In XEM we trust

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 11:16:00 AM

thinking about it they can simply extinguish all debts via electronic way, with a simple erase, simple click

and even in the remote case that bitcoin can suck all the fiat value, they can simple print more and have again their amount
Yea, but erasing the debt wouldn't bring in the profit. Banks are money making machines, which only think about how to increase their profit. They know the system is flawed, but the flaws are making them mad dough.

Somekind of digital token will erase fiat, but not in the near future, because governments want and have extreme amounts of control and power and donating that power away would be a pretty tough process. However it'll happen if we give it enough time.

````````````````████████
_`````````██████████████████████
_`````█████████████████████████████
_```█████████████████████████████████
_``████████████████████████████████████
_█████████```````████████```````████████
_███████````████````██`````███````███████
_██████````████████`````████████``███████
_██████````██████````██``██████```███████
_███████```````````████``````````████████
_██████████████████████████████████████
_``████████████████████████████████████
_```_████████████████████████████████
_``````████████████████████████████
_`````````3█████████████████████
play.infinity
        Eжeднeвный ДЖEКПOT
TELEGRAM CHAT   SITE   TELEGRAM
                   Get free eth
hocus pocus

Activity: 6

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 11:17:17 AM

No. Only mathematicians can do. Economy is a mathematical problem.
Iceborn

Activity: 266

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 11:21:44 AM

I can't see how this would be possible.

You can't replace the dollar by bitcoin, I don't think bitcoin is not nearly enough worth for it to be able to pay of all the debts.
Mickeyb

Activity: 798

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 11:31:23 AM

I can't see how this would be possible.

You can't replace the dollar by bitcoin, I don't think bitcoin is not nearly enough worth for it to be able to pay of all the debts.

Yes, I really don't see how this would be possible apart that US government invests in Bitcoin heavily and that Bitcoin skyrockets to $10 millions a coin. This would be the only possible way in my opinion! Cheesy
HarryKPeters

Activity: 896

Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 11:39:32 AM

Yeah how would that be possible. The US governement starting speculation on bitcoin to reduce the debt.

I don't think the US tax payer would like that..

mcplums

Activity: 146

View Profile
December 04, 2015, 12:50:39 PM

http://www.usdebtclock.org/

If you have OCD be careful with that link lol (numbers everywhere)
some scary info of just how screwed we are then I think the OP
can answer the question himself.

This link is amazing thanks for sharing
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: