Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 10:46:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Recovering Multibit Wallet  (Read 871 times)
Punktonic (OP)

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 13, 2015, 06:09:15 PM

Hi all, I'm hoping someone can help me with this.  I've been using Multibit Classic for a long time.  A few days ago I had a transaction not go through because it was seen by only 1 peer.  

So I reset the blockchain.  But it hasn't worked and it hasn't recovered any transactions, and it says it's synchronized.  But only one transaction from yesterday shows up and most of my balance isn't there.

So I'm wondering if that's normal and I just have to wait however long it takes the client to do the whole blockchain, or if there's another client that can import Multibit wallets.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
GoldTiger69

Activity: 582
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2015, 07:50:12 PM

Hi all, I'm hoping someone can help me with this.  I've been using Multibit Classic for a long time.  A few days ago I had a transaction not go through because it was seen by only 1 peer. 

So I reset the blockchain.  But it hasn't worked and it hasn't recovered any transactions, and it says it's synchronized.  But only one transaction from yesterday shows up and most of my balance isn't there.

So I'm wondering if that's normal and I just have to wait however long it takes the client to do the whole blockchain, or if there's another client that can import Multibit wallets.

I think you can use lighthouse, AFAIK it is compatible with Multibit.

I can help you to restore/recover your wallet or password.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1234619.0
jim618
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1066

View Profile WWW
December 14, 2015, 02:08:00 PM

@GoldTiger69 Lighthouse is great for recovering MultiBit HD wallet words / seed phrases. But for MultiBit Classic the OP wants to read:
https://multibit.org/en/help/v0.5/help_movingAWallet.html

MultiBit HD   Lightweight desktop client.                    Bitcoin Solutions Ltd   Bespoke software. Consultancy.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: