Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 03:08:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Selling Rolex Oyster Perpetual Air-King - 100 BTC  (Read 15280 times)
btcANGEL

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2012, 07:43:30 AM

The watch is upside down (6 at the top, 12 at the bottom) in that photo.

If you can flip it and retake the photo, I'll believe that you have physical access to that watch and aren't just using a stock photo.

Dank, I still want to see your new photo.

Soon you will be dancing face-to-face / With the limits of ambition and the scars of the marketplace / Welcome to the land of flame and fizz / Where you will learn that packaging is all that heaven is
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AfricanHunter

Activity: 157
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 26, 2012, 09:27:56 AM

The watch is upside down (6 at the top, 12 at the bottom) in that photo.

If you can flip it and retake the photo, I'll believe that you have physical access to that watch and aren't just using a stock photo.

Dank, I still want to see your new photo.

I am also interested, with the rear cover off if you have the tools

Thinking about doing business with johnniewalkerhttps://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=72227?
First read this thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=131841.0

Also, Join the National Rifle Association to protect 2nd Amendment Rights http://membership.nrahq.org/default.asp?campaignid=XR020022
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 3050

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2012, 07:27:07 PM

Would you buy a Rolex from an 18 year old stoner kid in the street for cash?

Especially one that runs an active ponzi trying to steal as many bitcoins from as many people as possible.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
elux
Legendary

Activity: 1458
Merit: 1006

View Profile
November 26, 2012, 07:49:34 PM
Last edit: November 27, 2012, 09:33:10 AM by elux

Especially one that runs an active ponzi trying to steal as many bitcoins from as many people as possible.

Excuse me, but do you have any actual PROOF to back up those accusations?

Ad hominem strawman fallacy and your argument is invalid. So there.

The Rolex could be real, therefore I'm buying it.

Would you rather belong to those grumpy skeptics over at TEAM FAKERS
instead of the ever optimistic and confident TEAM LEGIT?

[/forum satire]
Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2012, 08:19:10 PM

Proof is in the long term offers forum.  Or why don't you ask Dank if he is offering 2.0% weekly (280% annually) on deposits?  Or is his word also not enough proof for you?

Somehow, I doubt you have the intelligence to understand what a ponzi is.  Sad

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 26, 2012, 08:22:54 PM

Ummm.  I think your sarcasm detector is broken.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Wat

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2012, 08:32:19 PM

In this weeks episode of breaking bad...

Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2012, 08:55:12 PM

Yes, I didn't detect sarcasm.  If he was being sarcastic, then he is able to see dank is running a ponzi, and obviously my remark would be withdrawn. 

fishface

Activity: 223

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2012, 09:31:05 PM

Yes, I didn't detect sarcasm.  If he was being sarcastic, then he is able to see dank is running a ponzi, and obviously my remark would be withdrawn. 

... he did end the post with "[/forum satire]"...
CharlieContent

Activity: 210

View Profile
November 26, 2012, 11:40:15 PM

Yeah, this could be Dank's one last big score. All he has to do is buy a fake $50 Air King online and sell it for $2000. He could even successfully get around escrow because the dumbass who buys it goes to a "check if your rolex is fake" website and it ticks all the boxes. More than possible even with a mid-range fake for this particular model.

If someone buys it and takes it to a Rolex dealer and they tell it's fake, Dank can just be like "Oh it was my buddy, that bastard, etc. Sorry man. Escrow will return your coins." and he's only out the $50 he paid for the watch. Pretty good gamble, the chances of getting away with it are so high, and even if he gets caught all he has to lose is $50.

Of course there is a chance that the watch is real, but considering who it is, the particular model of watch, the prevalence of fake Rolexes, etc, I think the chance is tiny and certainly not worth taking a risk. If he starts talking about accepting a ridiculously low price then I'd be close to 100% sure that it's fake as hell.

CharlieContent

View Profile
November 26, 2012, 11:47:03 PM

Ad hominem strawman fallacy and your argument is invalid. So there.

The Rolex could be real, therefore I'm buying it.

Would you rather belong to those boring skeptics over at TEAM FAKERS
instead of the ever optimistic and confident TEAM LEGIT?

[/forum satire]

This is one of my favourite ever forum posts. I would fucking love it if the forum was split between people who think Dank's watch is genuine and people who think it's fake.

Reminds me of the (sincere, as far as I know) post in the mining forum where the guy basically says: "Shut up about BFL being a scam, I want to enjoy believing that it isn't for the timebeing."

It's also up there with BurtW's now sadly deleted bet against himself. For those of you who don't know: he lost.

CharlieContent

View Profile
November 26, 2012, 11:55:37 PM

I wonder how effective selling small but valuable goods taken from various B&E's in the mail for bitcoin would be.

Things like bullion coins and luxury watches, you know. .... 'cuz taking the big screen to the local fence is so '00, gotta get with the times man *bong hoot*

Really cheap macbooks come up on Silk Road reasonably often. Predictably they sell pretty quick too. To be honest I'm surprised it doesn't happen a lot more. I think that it would be more from kids carding shit to abandoned houses rather than break and entering though. Housebreaking is almost always done by drug addicts who need the money immediately, with a small proportion of professional thieves who will obviously have good fencing contacts.
btcANGEL

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2012, 02:34:39 AM

If it's fake and cheap, I could take it apart, add some dirt antiquing solution, and sell the pieces on Etsy as vintage luxury steampunk jewelry findings. (Yes, really. Ugly Handmade Gift Season has already begun.)

However, while I don't care that it's fake-as-in-Rolex, you haven't yet convinced me that it isn't fake-as-in-Photoshop. I'm not asking you for a receipt or a serial number. I'm not asking you to try to open it yourself and risk damaging it. I'm not even asking for better lighting. Just flip the watch over and take a second picture.

On the other hand, if it IS real, then no, I'm not interested in paying that kind of price for a watch that doesn't even play Angry Birds.  Wink

Unless it's the free gift for opening a new account at Dank Bank. That reminds me, you never did answer my questions about the current requirements for new accounts.

Soon you will be dancing face-to-face / With the limits of ambition and the scars of the marketplace / Welcome to the land of flame and fizz / Where you will learn that packaging is all that heaven is
AfricanHunter

Activity: 157
Merit: 103

View Profile
November 27, 2012, 03:39:44 AM

I'll give you 10 btc for it but through escrow.  Smiley

Thinking about doing business with johnniewalkerhttps://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=72227?
First read this thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=131841.0

Also, Join the National Rifle Association to protect 2nd Amendment Rights http://membership.nrahq.org/default.asp?campaignid=XR020022
dank (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002

You cannot kill love

View Profile
November 27, 2012, 05:03:56 AM

The watch is real, friend said it was bought for over $2100 new.

Again, I don't have a camera since my phone is missing.  Will post another pic whenever I can.

13oZY8zzWEp48XZpEEi8zSkYJF5AWR2vXc DMhYmNzMnU2Avgu7sF3GSDybHumj8XH8V8
Currently seeking plot of land to host 1,000,000+ person music festival
Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 27, 2012, 05:07:24 AM

Again, I don't have a camera since my phone is missing.  Will post another pic whenever I can.

Does your friend have the receipt showing that it was bought from a Rolex dealer?  It's not a difficult question.  No-one's going to take your friend's word that it's real.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
November 27, 2012, 05:13:54 AM

I doubt it.  If you don't think it's real, don't buy it.  That simple.

Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
November 27, 2012, 05:25:42 AM

Just read the replies in this thread.  The ignorance is really unnecessary.  Believe it or not, such a narrow perception of teenagers does not actually apply to everyone.

I do not steal things.  I do not fraudulently label things.  My friends and I are pooling together our goods to invest in BTC, it's that simple.

Asking 142.0 BTC.

btcANGEL

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2012, 06:36:58 AM

I don't mind waiting for the photo.

I was only looking to spend around $40 on the watch, though, and that's including the nice box. If it's real, it deserves a better owner than me.

fgervais

View Profile
November 27, 2012, 06:39:27 AM

Just read the replies in this thread.  The ignorance is really unnecessary.  Believe it or not, such a narrow perception of teenagers does not actually apply to everyone.

I do not steal things.  I do not fraudulently label things.  My friends and I are pooling together our goods to invest in BTC, it's that simple.

Asking 142.0 BTC.

~1800$ for one of the most often faked items on the interwebs. Blind.

Didn't you previously mention you didn't have friends?
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: