Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 10:45:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Selling Rolex Oyster Perpetual Air-King - 100 BTC  (Read 15278 times)
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 27, 2012, 06:50:33 AM
Last edit: November 27, 2012, 08:07:22 AM by repentance

Just read the replies in this thread.  The ignorance is really unnecessary.  Believe it or not, such a narrow perception of teenagers does not actually apply to everyone.

I do not steal things.  I do not fraudulently label things.  My friends and I are pooling together our goods to invest in BTC, it's that simple.

Asking 142.0 BTC.

So you're not willing to offer any evidence whatsoever that the watch is authentic.  You haven't even seen any proof yourself that it's authentic.  You want people to accept the word of your friend.  Hell, you're not even offering to take it to a local Rolex dealer and get them to give you something confirming its authenticity.  Does your friend not have a camera which can be used to take better photos of both the inside and the outside of the watch case to assist in selling this item?  Hell, you haven't even told us the serial number.

Get over yourself dank.  People are asking very reasonable questions given that you want over $1000 for the watch and you're throwing a tantrum like a petulant toddler.

The onus is on you and your friend to prove that the watch is authentic, not on potential buyers to prove that it's fake (which they obviously can't do pre-purchase because they can't take it along to a Rolex dealer until after they buy it).  Stop being such a tiresome wanker.

By the way.  From your awful photo it looks like that might be a vintage Rolex which means that service history is going to be important to potential buyers.  Your friend should be able to remember where and when he last had it serviced.  It also looks from the picture like it has some wear and tear so watch buffs are likely to take the cost of having it restored to excellent condition into account.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
CharlieContent

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 27, 2012, 08:46:58 AM

Just a quick note for anyone thinking of purchasing this watch -

Rolex watches ALWAYS come with a certificate of authenticity, and this certificate is guarded carefully by the owners. Lost certificates can be replaced. If the watch has no certificate then it is fake or stolen.

I was only looking to spend around $40 on the watch

Bargain hunter eh? I like your style. This is the kind of price where even if it was fake it would be a pretty good deal, assuming it does actually work.

I was going to say that no one should buy it, but I am revising that to say that no one should pay more than $40 for it.

repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 27, 2012, 08:53:33 AM

Just a quick note for anyone thinking of purchasing this watch -

Rolex watches ALWAYS come with a certificate of authenticity, and this certificate is guarded carefully by the owners. Lost certificates can be replaced. If the watch has no certificate then it is fake or stolen.

My understanding is that Rolex also keeps records of every service ever performed by them on a watch and maintains a list of genuine watches reported to them as stolen (and that this list can be accessed by the public to verify that a watch hasn't been reported to Rolex as stolen).

dank's "I don't need to prove it's genuine" approach is just precious.  If he's not willing to verify the authenticity and genuine ownership of the Rolex, then you have to wonder about how the coins he's been selling were acquired, too.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
elux
Legendary

Activity: 1458
Merit: 1006

View Profile
November 27, 2012, 10:08:23 AM
Last edit: November 27, 2012, 12:05:26 PM by elux

Somehow, I doubt you have the intelligence to understand what a ponzi is.  Sad

I know full well what a ponzi is. I'm with... TEAM FAKERS. It was a parody. You were not the intended target. Smiley
It's a sad reflection of the state of debate on the forums that my completely inane comment was taken to be serious.

"Satire is a genre ... in which vices, follies, abuses, and shortcomings are held up to ridicule, ideally with the intent of shaming individuals, and society itself, into improvement.
Although satire is usually meant to be funny, its greater purpose is often constructive social criticism, using wit as a weapon."

This is one of my favourite ever forum posts. I would fucking love it if the forum was split between people who think Dank's watch is genuine and people who think it's fake.

You make me blush.  Smiley

For anyone considering Dank's offer: http://imgur.com/FSvsZ
CharlieContent

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 27, 2012, 11:24:01 AM

dank's "I don't need to prove it's genuine" approach is just precious.

I find it more bizarre than precious, really.

The price he's asking is suspiciously low too.

I hope he doesn't find a sucker here. It's hard to tell though, there are no shortage of suckers on the forum.
DobZombie

Activity: 896
Merit: 532

Former curator of The Bitcoin Museum

View Profile
November 27, 2012, 03:49:47 PM

Dodgy watch is dodgy

Tip Me if believe BTC1 will hit $1 Million by 2030
1DobZomBiE2gngvy6zDFKY5b76yvDbqRra
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 3015

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2012, 04:12:34 PM

I do not steal things. I do not fraudulently label things. My friends and I are pooling together our goods to invest in BTC, it's that simple.

Bullshit! Look at the "Long Term Offers" thread where you are running a ponzi.  That makes you a thief wannabe.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
dank (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002

You cannot kill love

View Profile
November 27, 2012, 04:51:58 PM

Could you guys kindly start your own thread in the scam accusations board regarding your reasoning to judge me based on your assumptions.

The watch is not fake, my friend received it as a graduation present and no longer desires it.  Make your own thread if you want to name call.

13oZY8zzWEp48XZpEEi8zSkYJF5AWR2vXc DMhYmNzMnU2Avgu7sF3GSDybHumj8XH8V8
Currently seeking plot of land to host 1,000,000+ person music festival
Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
Dalkore
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1026

Mining since 2010 & Hosting since 2012

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2012, 05:27:53 PM

I doubt it.  If you don't think it's real, don't buy it.  That simple.

Dank - This is not the line you should take when asking someone to fork over a thousand dollars.   It really lends more to something being off about this deal.   Talking a photo in the dark, taking only one photo, upside and berating interested buyers for asking for proof of authenticity.   Not a good sign.   Maybe you should re-think your approach.    If the Rolex is legit, it can be proven quite easy and any comment to the contrary shows some bad faith.   

P.S.  I think you mean, "Its that simple".

Hosting: Low as $60.00 per KW - Link
Transaction List: jayson3 +5 - ColdHardMetal +3 - Nolo +2 - CoinHoarder +1 - Elxiliath +1 - tymm0 +1 - Johnniewalker +1 - Oscer +1 - Davidj411 +1 - BitCoiner2012 +1 - dstruct2k +1 - Philj +1 - camolist +1 - exahash +1 - Littleshop +1 - Severian +1 - DebitMe +1 - lepenguin +1 - StringTheory +1 - amagimetals +1 - jcoin200 +1 - serp +1 - klintay +1 - -droid- +1 - FlutterPie +1
dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
November 27, 2012, 05:46:27 PM

Yeah, I explained twice though how I lost my phone and do not have access to a camera.  When I obtain one, I'll add more pictures.

I think everyone who buys a Rolex is aware of fakes out there, no need to spam somebodies thread when you have no actual reason to believe it's fake.

Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
AndrewBUD

Activity: 1078
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2012, 05:49:33 PM

Yeah, I explained twice though how I lost my phone and do not have access to a camera.  When I obtain one, I'll add more pictures.

I think everyone who buys a Rolex is aware of fakes out there, no need to spam somebodies thread when you have no actual reason to believe it's fake.

Why not use some of that voodoo you were spewing and have :god: conjure you up a camera out of your asshole?

WALMART = cheap digital cam for $30... maybe a Webcam.. even cheaper.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▄██P'                  `Y██▄
███'                      `███
███'                         ███
▄██'   ▄█████▄▄  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄p   ███
▄██▀  ,████▀P▀███.`██████████P   ▀██▄
███[ ,████ __. ███.   ,▄████▀    ███
███[ ]████████████[  ▄████▀       ███
███[ `████   ,oo2 ▄████▀'       ,███
▀██▄  `████▄▄█████d███████████   ▄██▀
▀██.   `▀▀▀▀▀▀"  Y▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ,██▀
███.                        ,███
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀███▄_                 ,███▀
▀███▄▄_          _▄▄███▀
▀▀████▄▄ooo▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀'

TM

EZ365 is a digital ecosystem that combines
the best aspects of online gaming, cryptocurrency
trading
and blockchain education. ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

..WHITEPAPER..    ..INVESTOR PITCH..

.Telegram     Twitter   Facebook

.'M████▀▀██  ██
                      W█Ws'V██  ██▄▄███▀▀█
                     i█████m.~M████▀▀██  ███
                     d███████Ws'V██  ██████
                     ****M██████m.~███f~~__mW█
          ██▀▀▀████████=  Y██▀▀██W ,gm███████
      g█████▄▄▄██   █A~`_WW Y█  ██!,████████
   g▀▀▀███   ████▀▀`_m████i!████P W███  ██
 _███▄▄▄██▀▀▀███Af`_m███   █W ███A ]███  ██
__ ~~~▀▀▀▀▄▄▄█*f_m██████   ██i!██!i███████
Y█████▄▄▄▄__. i██▀▀▀██████████ █!,██████
 8█  █▀▀█████.!██   ██████████i! █████
 '█  █  █   █W M█▄▄▄██████   ██ !██
  !███▄▄█   ██i'██████████   ██
   Y███████████.]██████████████
   █   ███████b ███   ██████
   Y   █   █▀▀█i!██   ████
    V███   █  █W Y█████
      ~~▀███▄▄▄█['███
            ~~*██

Play

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade

__▄▄████▄▄
     __▄▄███████████████▄▄▄
 _▄▄█████████▀▀~`,▄████████████▄▄▄
 ~▀▀████▀▀~`,_▄▄███████████████▀▀▀
   d█~  =▀███████████████▀▀
   ]█! m▄▄ '~▀▀▀████▀▀~~ ,_▄▄
  ,W█. *████▄▄__ '  __▄▄█████
  !██P  █████████████████████
   W█. - ██████████████████▀
  i██[   ~ ▀▀█████████▀▀▀
 g███!
Y███

Learn
[/tabl
Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2012, 05:54:50 PM

Could you guys kindly start your own thread in the scam accusations board regarding your reasoning to judge me based on your assumptions.

Why?  If you are trying to sell something, potential buyers should know that you are running a ponzi, and trying to STEAL as many coins as you can from as many people as you can.  No assumption here - the thread exists in Long-term offers.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
November 27, 2012, 05:58:18 PM

I thought you were selling this for a friend? Does the friend also not have a phone? How unusual.
Dalkore
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2012, 06:01:09 PM
Last edit: November 28, 2012, 07:31:05 PM by Dalkore

Well I stepped up and posted about this:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=128041.0

I used the word "potential" at this point.   After reading all the responses and the brazen attitude, it is a red flag.

Note:
  Due diligence has been taken and the store who sold it verified Dank's receipt. 

Transaction List: jayson3 +5 - ColdHardMetal +3 - Nolo +2 - CoinHoarder +1 - Elxiliath +1 - tymm0 +1 - Johnniewalker +1 - Oscer +1 - Davidj411 +1 - BitCoiner2012 +1 - dstruct2k +1 - Philj +1 - camolist +1 - exahash +1 - Littleshop +1 - Severian +1 - DebitMe +1 - lepenguin +1 - StringTheory +1 - amagimetals +1 - jcoin200 +1 - serp +1 - klintay +1 - -droid- +1 - FlutterPie +1
Jim Rockford

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 27, 2012, 06:01:39 PM

Yeah, I explained twice though how I lost my phone and do not have access to a camera.  When I obtain one, I'll add more pictures.

Considering that practically everyone in the west has a camera (whether it's part of a phone, laptop, tablet or whatever) your inability to post pictures suggests you want to keep this deal as hush-hush as possible....or else you'd have simply borrowed someone's phone, camera, tablet for 2 minutes.

There's no actual reason to believe it's genuine.
dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
November 27, 2012, 06:17:54 PM

I thought you were selling this for a friend? Does the friend also not have a phone? How unusual.
Therefor he lives right next door, right?  Not two hours away.

What kind of logic is that?  Everyone else has a camera, therefor you must have one too..?

I'm asking 142.0 BTC or best offer.  There's simply so much more to be done with those BTC than a watch could accomplish.

AndrewBUD

Activity: 1078
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2012, 06:20:33 PM

Those things sell for $3000-$5000

Prove it's real and you might sell it.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▄██P'                  `Y██▄
███'                      `███
███'                         ███
▄██'   ▄█████▄▄  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄p   ███
▄██▀  ,████▀P▀███.`██████████P   ▀██▄
███[ ,████ __. ███.   ,▄████▀    ███
███[ ]████████████[  ▄████▀       ███
███[ `████   ,oo2 ▄████▀'       ,███
▀██▄  `████▄▄█████d███████████   ▄██▀
▀██.   `▀▀▀▀▀▀"  Y▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ,██▀
███.                        ,███
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀███▄_                 ,███▀
▀███▄▄_          _▄▄███▀
▀▀████▄▄ooo▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀'

TM

EZ365 is a digital ecosystem that combines
the best aspects of online gaming, cryptocurrency
trading
and blockchain education. ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

..WHITEPAPER..    ..INVESTOR PITCH..

.Telegram     Twitter   Facebook

.'M████▀▀██  ██
                      W█Ws'V██  ██▄▄███▀▀█
                     i█████m.~M████▀▀██  ███
                     d███████Ws'V██  ██████
                     ****M██████m.~███f~~__mW█
          ██▀▀▀████████=  Y██▀▀██W ,gm███████
      g█████▄▄▄██   █A~`_WW Y█  ██!,████████
   g▀▀▀███   ████▀▀`_m████i!████P W███  ██
 _███▄▄▄██▀▀▀███Af`_m███   █W ███A ]███  ██
__ ~~~▀▀▀▀▄▄▄█*f_m██████   ██i!██!i███████
Y█████▄▄▄▄__. i██▀▀▀██████████ █!,██████
 8█  █▀▀█████.!██   ██████████i! █████
 '█  █  █   █W M█▄▄▄██████   ██ !██
  !███▄▄█   ██i'██████████   ██
   Y███████████.]██████████████
   █   ███████b ███   ██████
   Y   █   █▀▀█i!██   ████
    V███   █  █W Y█████
      ~~▀███▄▄▄█['███
            ~~*██

Play

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade

__▄▄████▄▄
     __▄▄███████████████▄▄▄
 _▄▄█████████▀▀~`,▄████████████▄▄▄
 ~▀▀████▀▀~`,_▄▄███████████████▀▀▀
   d█~  =▀███████████████▀▀
   ]█! m▄▄ '~▀▀▀████▀▀~~ ,_▄▄
  ,W█. *████▄▄__ '  __▄▄█████
  !██P  █████████████████████
   W█. - ██████████████████▀
  i██[   ~ ▀▀█████████▀▀▀
 g███!
Y███

Learn
[/tabl
Dalkore
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2012, 06:27:22 PM

Those things sell for $3000-$5000

Prove it's real and you might sell it.

Here is a list of items needed:

- Better Front Picture (Turn on the light)
- Back Picture of the time piece
- Picture of the owner manual next to the watch
- Serial number  (Rolex can verify it)
- Receipt or reason to why there is none (A few friend of mine own there and they are real sticky about keeping all this info to "maintain resale value"

This is basic stuff for Rolexes.  Can't believe we have to ask 4 to 5 times.

Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2012, 06:34:31 PM

Somehow, I doubt you have the intelligence to understand what a ponzi is.  Sad

I know full well what a ponzi is. I'm with... TEAM FAKERS. It was a parody. You were not the intended target. Smiley
It's a sad reflection of the state of debate on the forums that my completely inane comment was taken to be serious.

Well, I sincerely apologize for my insult.  Sorry also for being so dense I can't detect sarcasm.  Smiley

dank (OP)
Legendary

You cannot kill love

View Profile
November 27, 2012, 06:36:41 PM

Again, as I answered before, I will add what's been requested when I have access to a phone.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: