Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 09:11:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Selling Rolex Oyster Perpetual Air-King - 100 BTC  (Read 15280 times)
fishface

Activity: 223
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2012, 12:58:03 PM

Dank seems to have proved that he is at least in possession of a genuine Rolex.

However this may not be the watch that you receive.

I could be "selling" my SeaDweller DeepSea, provide photos and even more documentary evidence than Dank can.

And then what comes in the mail?

http://www.yourswatches.com/rolex-swiss-deepsea-srl154.html/

A $600 Swiss replica. Identical in every way to the real thing, and you have all the documentation too. I think most people would release the escrow at that point, and even if they took it to their local jewelers, the top replicas are good enough to fool them too.

Don't trust Dank

IMHO this is off the deep end. Has Dank scammed you before?

Its pretty simple- Caveat emptor. Someone will take the chance on it, and Dank has provided exactly what's been requested... Even if it did take a few days.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 3042

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2012, 02:36:30 PM

Don't trust Dank

Dank is a scammer and a liar, period.  He's running an illegal ponzi.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
fishface

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2012, 02:47:29 PM

Don't trust Dank

Dank is a scammer and a liar, period.  He's running an illegal ponzi.

My point wasn't that saying "don't trust dank" is off the deep end. I was suggesting that a post warning of the potential for it to still be a scam after the physical store has been called and authenticity verified might be off the deep end.
Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2012, 02:59:52 PM

My point wasn't that saying "don't trust dank" is off the deep end. I was suggesting that a post warning of the potential for it to still be a scam after the physical store has been called and authenticity verified might be off the deep end.

Well, those of us that know Dank believe it is warranted.  As was posted earlier, just because the watch is real doesn't mean you'll get that exact watch.  Dank's brain is permanently damaged from adolescent drug use - he thinks differently than we do.  He would have no issue sending a fake watch and then posting something to the tune of "in my mind the watches are the same" and "don't rely on material possessions, they will kill you" crap.

He's been trying for a big scam for almost 6 months now (since July), and this could be it.  It's called the "long con".

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
AndrewBUD

Activity: 1078
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2012, 03:02:47 PM

I don't think Dank would screw anyone over a watch.

He's selling it at a reasonable price. Use escrow and make sure you get what you pay for.

I would never wear that ugly thing. Smiley

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▄██P'                  `Y██▄
███'                      `███
███'                         ███
▄██'   ▄█████▄▄  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄p   ███
▄██▀  ,████▀P▀███.`██████████P   ▀██▄
███[ ,████ __. ███.   ,▄████▀    ███
███[ ]████████████[  ▄████▀       ███
███[ `████   ,oo2 ▄████▀'       ,███
▀██▄  `████▄▄█████d███████████   ▄██▀
▀██.   `▀▀▀▀▀▀"  Y▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ,██▀
███.                        ,███
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀███▄_                 ,███▀
▀███▄▄_          _▄▄███▀
▀▀████▄▄ooo▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀'

TM

EZ365 is a digital ecosystem that combines
the best aspects of online gaming, cryptocurrency
trading
and blockchain education. ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

..WHITEPAPER..    ..INVESTOR PITCH..

.Telegram     Twitter   Facebook

.'M████▀▀██  ██
                      W█Ws'V██  ██▄▄███▀▀█
                     i█████m.~M████▀▀██  ███
                     d███████Ws'V██  ██████
                     ****M██████m.~███f~~__mW█
          ██▀▀▀████████=  Y██▀▀██W ,gm███████
      g█████▄▄▄██   █A~`_WW Y█  ██!,████████
   g▀▀▀███   ████▀▀`_m████i!████P W███  ██
 _███▄▄▄██▀▀▀███Af`_m███   █W ███A ]███  ██
__ ~~~▀▀▀▀▄▄▄█*f_m██████   ██i!██!i███████
Y█████▄▄▄▄__. i██▀▀▀██████████ █!,██████
 8█  █▀▀█████.!██   ██████████i! █████
 '█  █  █   █W M█▄▄▄██████   ██ !██
  !███▄▄█   ██i'██████████   ██
   Y███████████.]██████████████
   █   ███████b ███   ██████
   Y   █   █▀▀█i!██   ████
    V███   █  █W Y█████
      ~~▀███▄▄▄█['███
            ~~*██

Play

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade

__▄▄████▄▄
     __▄▄███████████████▄▄▄
 _▄▄█████████▀▀~`,▄████████████▄▄▄
 ~▀▀████▀▀~`,_▄▄███████████████▀▀▀
   d█~  =▀███████████████▀▀
   ]█! m▄▄ '~▀▀▀████▀▀~~ ,_▄▄
  ,W█. *████▄▄__ '  __▄▄█████
  !██P  █████████████████████
   W█. - ██████████████████▀
  i██[   ~ ▀▀█████████▀▀▀
 g███!
Y███

Learn
[/tabl
Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2012, 03:05:35 PM

Well, he's got a month until he agreed to wear a scammer tag, so he's running out of time to pull the big scam...   Undecided

AndrewBUD

Activity: 1078
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2012, 03:07:25 PM

I doubt Theymos would give him a scammer tag over being a young big mouth...

Maybe when/if he scams someone.....

I think he needs to get his shit together. Grow up a little.

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████▀▀''`▀▀█████▄▄
▄███P'            `YY██▄
▄██P'                  `Y██▄
███'                      `███
███'                         ███
▄██'   ▄█████▄▄  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄p   ███
▄██▀  ,████▀P▀███.`██████████P   ▀██▄
███[ ,████ __. ███.   ,▄████▀    ███
███[ ]████████████[  ▄████▀       ███
███[ `████   ,oo2 ▄████▀'       ,███
▀██▄  `████▄▄█████d███████████   ▄██▀
▀██.   `▀▀▀▀▀▀"  Y▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ,██▀
███.                        ,███
▀██▄                      ▄██▀
▀███▄_                 ,███▀
▀███▄▄_          _▄▄███▀
▀▀████▄▄ooo▄▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀'

TM

EZ365 is a digital ecosystem that combines
the best aspects of online gaming, cryptocurrency
trading
and blockchain education. ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

..WHITEPAPER..    ..INVESTOR PITCH..

.Telegram     Twitter   Facebook

.'M████▀▀██  ██
                      W█Ws'V██  ██▄▄███▀▀█
                     i█████m.~M████▀▀██  ███
                     d███████Ws'V██  ██████
                     ****M██████m.~███f~~__mW█
          ██▀▀▀████████=  Y██▀▀██W ,gm███████
      g█████▄▄▄██   █A~`_WW Y█  ██!,████████
   g▀▀▀███   ████▀▀`_m████i!████P W███  ██
 _███▄▄▄██▀▀▀███Af`_m███   █W ███A ]███  ██
__ ~~~▀▀▀▀▄▄▄█*f_m██████   ██i!██!i███████
Y█████▄▄▄▄__. i██▀▀▀██████████ █!,██████
 8█  █▀▀█████.!██   ██████████i! █████
 '█  █  █   █W M█▄▄▄██████   ██ !██
  !███▄▄█   ██i'██████████   ██
   Y███████████.]██████████████
   █   ███████b ███   ██████
   Y   █   █▀▀█i!██   ████
    V███   █  █W Y█████
      ~~▀███▄▄▄█['███
            ~~*██

Play

│
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │      ███
    │   │  ███
   ███  │  ███
   ███ ███ ███
 │  ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███  │   │
███ ███  │   │
 │   │
 │

Trade

__▄▄████▄▄
     __▄▄███████████████▄▄▄
 _▄▄█████████▀▀~`,▄████████████▄▄▄
 ~▀▀████▀▀~`,_▄▄███████████████▀▀▀
   d█~  =▀███████████████▀▀
   ]█! m▄▄ '~▀▀▀████▀▀~~ ,_▄▄
  ,W█. *████▄▄__ '  __▄▄█████
  !██P  █████████████████████
   W█. - ██████████████████▀
  i██[   ~ ▀▀█████████▀▀▀
 g███!
Y███

Learn
[/tabl
CharlieContent

Activity: 210

View Profile
November 29, 2012, 03:26:01 PM

I could be "selling" my SeaDweller DeepSea, provide photos and even more documentary evidence than Dank can.

A $600 Swiss replica. Identical in every way to the real thing, and you have all the documentation too. I think most people would release the escrow at that point, and even if they took it to their local jewelers, the top replicas are good enough to fool them too.

Don't trust Dank

Its pretty simple- Caveat emptor. Someone will take the chance on it, and Dank has provided exactly what's been requested... Even if it did take a few days.

Do you honestly think buying a Rolex watch with Bitcoins from anyone other than someone who has a long history of selling genuine Rolex watches is a good idea?

If so, you are going to end up scammed eventually because of your lackadaisical attitude, especially if you start putting insane amounts of trust into people who exhibit the same detachment with reality as Dank. This is Bitcoin, you can never be too cautious. If you exercise anything other than the maximum amount of caution then you should expect to get scammed at some point.

If the watch is legit, Dank could sell it somewhere else, and then use the cash to buy Bitcoins. He doesn't need someone here to take the risk in order for him to offload the watch.

fishface

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2012, 03:41:40 PM

Don't trust Dank

Do you honestly think buying a Rolex watch with Bitcoins from anyone other than someone who has a long history of selling genuine Rolex watches is a good idea?

If so, you are going to end up scammed eventually because of your lackadaisical attitude, especially if you start putting insane amounts of trust into people who exhibit the same detachment with reality as Dank. This is Bitcoin, you can never be too cautious. If you exercise anything other than the maximum amount of caution then you should expect to get scammed at some point.

If the watch is legit, Dank could sell it somewhere else, and then use the cash to buy Bitcoins. He doesn't need someone here to take the risk in order for him to offload the watch.

I wouldn't personally buy a Rolex watch from someone with a less than stellar reputation. I guess my point was that the potential for a bait and switch is so blatantly obvious in this (and many many other) transactions that it seems silly to take time to specifically point it out. Literally all the seller can do is provide the requested information, but there's no way to provide 100% assurances against a bait and switch.

I don't have a lackadaisical attitude and gave no reason to indicate I was putting insane amounts of trust into anyone.
fishface

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2012, 03:45:29 PM

Well, those of us that know Dank believe it is warranted.  As was posted earlier, just because the watch is real doesn't mean you'll get that exact watch.  Dank's brain is permanently damaged from adolescent drug use - he thinks differently than we do.  He would have no issue sending a fake watch and then posting something to the tune of "in my mind the watches are the same" and "don't rely on material possessions, they will kill you" crap.

He's been trying for a big scam for almost 6 months now (since July), and this could be it.  It's called the "long con".

Oh, you know dank? Where did you meet him? What do you know about him other than what he posts here?

I would think that if you know about this permanent brain damage that he has and where it came from, then you must know him in person.
Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2012, 04:36:59 PM

Oh, you know dank? Where did you meet him? What do you know about him other than what he posts here?

I would think that if you know about this permanent brain damage that he has and where it came from, then you must know him in person.

I know you are new, but don't be lazy.  Read through his threads and get to know him yourself.  Smiley

fishface

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2012, 04:46:58 PM

I know you are new, but don't be lazy.  Read through his threads and get to know him yourself.  Smiley

I'm not lazy. I know the persona, but I don't assume it represents how the person actually acts and thinks, and I don't assume that his brain is "damaged". But would I trust him with assets or do business with him? No.

I asked if you knew dank because of the way you were educating me on him.... I've been reading bitcointalk forums since May, I know all about dank and I know all about the many scams that have suckered much of this community. You stated that he had permanent brain damage from adolescent drug use, so I was just trying to get at the basis for your claim.
CharlieContent

Activity: 210

View Profile
November 29, 2012, 04:54:03 PM

He would have no issue sending a fake watch and then posting something to the tune of "in my mind the watches are the same" and "don't rely on material possessions, they will kill you" crap.

"It's real if you believe it's real."
Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2012, 05:00:35 PM

You stated that he had permanent brain damage from adolescent drug use, so I was just trying to get at the basis for your claim.

Dank has admitted to using pot as a child (the "cure for cancer" he calls it), and tests have shown that adolescent marijuana use damages the brain permanently.  That is the basis for my claim.  Smiley  All you have to do is read his posts to realize it's true.

J-Norm

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 29, 2012, 05:05:35 PM

Dank has admitted to using pot as a child (the "cure for cancer" he calls it), and tests have shown that adolescent marijuana use damages the brain permanently.  That is the basis for my claim.  Smiley  All you have to do is read his posts to realize it's true.

You are kidding right? No real science has ever linked weed to brain damage. Either you are getting your science from the US government or you are joking?
Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2012, 05:09:28 PM
Last edit: November 29, 2012, 05:20:22 PM by mlawrence

You are kidding right? No real science has ever linked weed to brain damage. Either you are getting your science from the US government or you are joking?

Not the developed mind, no.  But it does damage the growing mind, as much as I've read.  Who knows what the truth is.

EDIT FOR MESSAGE BELOW:   Adolescent use.  Brain growing.  Those are the key points.  Smiley

fishface

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2012, 05:09:59 PM

You stated that he had permanent brain damage from adolescent drug use, so I was just trying to get at the basis for your claim.

I just think generalizations like that are dumb, and suggesting some one doesn't "think the way we do" because of marijuana use sounds so arrogant that I can't help but respond to it. I'll go ahead and out myself, I started smoking marijuana at 18 and have continued because I enjoy it. I graduated college at 22, turn 25 next month, and will complete graduate school in May. Don't have permanent brain damage as far as I know, still pretty damn good at taking tests and all that good stuff. Can even hold down a job! Pretty impressive for a brain damaged stoner, wouldn't you say?

Just blame the individual and stop blaming the substance.
dank (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002

You cannot kill love

View Profile
November 30, 2012, 12:16:58 AM
Last edit: November 30, 2012, 03:47:21 PM by dank

Looking at facts: Member for 1.5 years, over 1000 BTC traded, large contribution to BTC community, all debts repaid.

Why would I spend 30 days of my life on a forum to scam someone over a watch?  Makes more sense that I would like to convert it's value to BTC so I can make a trip to Cali and organize this concert I live for.

Mlawrece, I know this is gonna sound like dejavu, can you provide a study to back up your claims, just as I provided studies, on multiple occasions, proving cannabis has the capacity to trigger apoptosis (cell death) in cancer cells.

Believe what you wish, cannabis is a cure-all, used properly.

13oZY8zzWEp48XZpEEi8zSkYJF5AWR2vXc DMhYmNzMnU2Avgu7sF3GSDybHumj8XH8V8
Currently seeking plot of land to host 1,000,000+ person music festival
Dankmusic - Hear the impossible, feel the impossible, be the impossible dankmusic.org dankcoin.org
elux
Legendary

Activity: 1458
Merit: 1006

View Profile
November 30, 2012, 12:19:57 AM

apostis (cell death)

Apoptosis.  Smiley
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 30, 2012, 03:03:13 AM

Makes more sense that I would like to convert it's value to BTC so I can make a trip to Cali and organize this concert I live for.

And exactly how is converting the value of the watch to BTC going to help you make the trip to California more quickly than selling it for fiat - which you could almost certainly do today if you took it to a dealer?

Also, can you elaborate on

large contribution to BTC community

kthx

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: