Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 12:11:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is the activity required for Legendary random?  (Read 1477 times)
minifrij
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1267

In Memory of Zepher

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2015, 10:13:58 PM

• Signature Scoring.
    Becoming a Legendary Member sooner depends on what kind of signatures you are using. I noticed the ones wearing tame signatures or no signature at all, are becoming Legendary Members quite sooner and the ones actively participating in signature campaign, wearing annoying signatures are still a Hero Member with more than 940 activity counts.
So, what happened to marcotheminer getting promoted to Legendary almost as soon as he could? Stop talking out of your arse.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
krunox123

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

I don't bite.

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2015, 02:08:54 AM

If you believe that you have not been here long enough. Anyone can just buy a legendary account for the right price. There is nothing special about any rank here. Dont get fooled by the shiny coins.
I might have not been here for long enough, but it is noticeable if the account is sold or not.
That is just my opinion, and that opinion only applies to Legendary that have not sell their account.

Life sucks.
kingaltcoins

Activity: 784
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 09:32:06 AM

Doesn't anybody think this user is farming for activity? --> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=542808;sa=showPosts

In this case, he might have to wait for a longer duration to become a legendary member.

Theymos must be using a different algorithm for ranking legendary members.
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2015, 10:19:34 AM

Doesn't anybody think this user is farming for activity? --> https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=542808;sa=showPosts

Thanks for the NSFW warning.

In this case, he might have to wait for a longer duration to become a legendary member.

No.

Theymos must be using a different algorithm for ranking legendary members.

A different algorithm compared to what? The algorithm to determine when you will be legendary was posted by theymos. It only relies on the user id and a secret hash that is identical for all users but unknown to anyone without database access.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
kingaltcoins

Activity: 784
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 02, 2015, 12:15:10 PM

You're welcome. BTW, is he banned for posting NSFW stuffs? Tongue

A different algorithm compared to what? The algorithm to determine when you will be legendary was posted by theymos. It only relies on the user id and a secret hash that is identical for all users but unknown to anyone without database access.

Can you please link that post here?

Is the secret hash calculated and chosen fortnightly and in that way hero members become legendary?
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2015, 10:08:41 PM

You're welcome. BTW, is he banned for posting NSFW stuffs? Tongue

Can you please link that post here?

Is the secret hash calculated and chosen fortnightly and in that way hero members become legendary?

Code:

Can you make getting legendary provability fair? So we know if you don't like us that we get it anyway Smiley

Nah, that'd significantly complicate things. Currently this randomness is done with a single SQL query, which is very convenient.

Code:
update smf_members set ID_POST_GROUP=21 where ID_POST_GROUP=8 and
activity>=775 and activity>=775+conv(substr(sha1(concat(ID_MEMBER,
secretSeed)), 1, 2), 16, 10);

The required activity level per user is suitably random for betting, but anyone who can read my code (there are a few such people) will be able to exactly predict when someone will become Legendary, so I don't really recommend it.

Seed is hardcoded or stored in the database (otherwise it could not be read):

Out of curiosity, how would someone who can read your code be able to accurately predict when someone will become legendary without the secret seed?

I meant that the secret seed is in the code, so if you have access to it then you'll be able to calculate the number directly.

It also cant change, because that might result in already legendary members to lose their rank.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
TheGr33k

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 01:35:42 AM

It doesn't completely differentiate from hero. I would believe some people that pay for their advertisement usually don't mind what rank you are and pay some people equally. Not all of course, just some. For most of them, all they pay for is the advertisement you give them.

If anything, it doesn't make sense to pay someone for every post made. They should pay them once for putting it in the signature, then be done with it
CoinBateman

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 03, 2015, 08:12:59 AM

If it were me, I would 'promote' people to legendary based on their constructive contribution. Not just at a random activity level above Hero.

@CoinBateman | Killer Crypto Instinct
Sir_lagsalot

Activity: 392
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 05, 2015, 10:48:38 AM

I guess the legendary rank is supposed to be the highest, and it is, so they make it perilously hard to get to, as it is specifically reserved for people who are long-lasting members of the community. That's also why they're discussing a new rank, I guess.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: