Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 03:49:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: So this happened at my university on graduation day (Toronto)  (Read 749 times)
PalmBay (OP)

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 17, 2016, 01:28:04 PM

https://i.imgur.com/RBjApo7.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/h2ArkSa.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/tVbEH23.jpg

Student graduated and spent the whole time in a domo suit talking to people about bitcoins lol
ObscureBean
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2016, 01:52:00 PM

Lol that's pretty cool so is that how you got into Bitcoin? you heard about it from the Domo dude? Cheesy It doesn't look like he was very popular in your pics though, did he manage to talk to a lot of people? Anyways it's always great to welcome new people on the forum here. Have fun, you should be in for a ride with the halving round the corner  Wink
PalmBay (OP)

View Profile
June 17, 2016, 02:05:13 PM

I was a student volunteer for the graduation so I had to man the food table, but from what I saw there were quite a bit of students and parents chatting him up,taking his pamphlets, and taking selfies lol.
Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
June 17, 2016, 02:18:17 PM

I was a student volunteer for the graduation so I had to man the food table, but from what I saw there were quite a bit of students and parents chatting him up,taking his pamphlets, and taking selfies lol.

It's very good way to promote Bitcoin.
Why not?
We can't talk about Bitcoin only on Internet, we should also go out, meet real people and educate them about Bitcoin, spread good news!
Student population can more easy understand concept of Bitcoin and accept it.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
kik1977

Activity: 593
Merit: 505

Wherever I may roam

View Profile
June 17, 2016, 02:20:22 PM

Student graduated and spent the whole time in a domo suit talking to people about bitcoins lol

Great initiative! Kudos to you  Wink

We are like butterflies who flutter for a day and think it is forever
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
June 17, 2016, 02:24:11 PM

wow that's amazing , he is talking to other people about bitcoin while in a domo suit  Grin Grin it is way funny but he is amazing because he do this without being shy and hesitation maybe he already owned a huge amount of bitcoin so is sharing to others about it . and also he is promoting bitcoin that's cool .
snipie
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1140

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2016, 02:33:52 PM

Original and smart idea to attract people to use Bitcoin and catch the train before it is late
I support the initiative of contacting people in the street to make them learn more about bitcoin, this guy impressed me

wintermeasures

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 17, 2016, 02:41:24 PM

haha cool I think, I hope things like that take place in many places. a sign that bitcoin has been accepted by the community. LOL
marcuslong
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 17, 2016, 02:45:31 PM

Wow its a nice introducing bitcoin but it looks like many people dont want it because they dont know what is the advantage of using it.
I think the leader of publishing it should put the advantages of using bitcoin in their daily lives. Many will send you a message if you do that i think only people curios about bitcoin will message you. And only ask it and if you answer their question they just say o il do it if i have free time.
teddy5145

Activity: 714
Merit: 528

View Profile
June 17, 2016, 03:43:43 PM

"Do you have time to talk about our lord and savior, Satoshi Nakamoto"
Tongue

On a serious note, this is actually a great Idea, graduation day are filled with many people at the same and it got young adults, on my experience they are always open to a new thing so we might be able to invite them to bitcoin community Smiley

P.S. Loved the costume, it's cute Tongue
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4228
Merit: 4490

View Profile
June 17, 2016, 04:19:22 PM

good initiative.. i have one question just for fun.
the third picture, on the left side. is that Dorian walking away Cheesy after dumping the costume lol

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Yakamoto
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 17, 2016, 04:25:22 PM

I personally think that's pretty cool.

I'm not sure how much interest he was/will be able to generate, but it is a good concept and I hope he gets at least a few people calling him and asking for more information. The little pamphlets he gave out were very well designed in my opinion, and made sense for the average person. If only we could get more exposure through things like that...
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4228
Merit: 4490

View Profile
June 17, 2016, 04:28:53 PM

I personally think that's pretty cool.

I'm not sure how much interest he was/will be able to generate, but it is a good concept and I hope he gets at least a few people calling him and asking for more information. The little pamphlets he gave out were very well designed in my opinion, and made sense for the average person. If only we could get more exposure through things like that...

well you should go print out some leaflets and try doing to, its far cheaper then buying some billboard space or starting a business

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
GreenBits
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048

View Profile
June 17, 2016, 04:41:06 PM

This man, gets a cookie. Not only will they remember bitcoin, they will associate it with something that will stick out in their memories: a guy in a domo suit with a megaphone. Brilliant.

You might forget the graduation, but you will never forget the tall dude with the costume enthusiastially promoting 'bitcoin'. His ankles are out, it's no longer a game. Grin
PalmBay (OP)

View Profile
June 17, 2016, 05:07:14 PM

This man, gets a cookie. Not only will they remember bitcoin, they will associate it with something that will stick out in their memories: a guy in a domo suit with a megaphone. Brilliant.

You might forget the graduation, but you will never forget the tall dude with the costume enthusiastially promoting 'bitcoin'. His ankles are out, it's no longer a game. Grin

green, I never thought about this but you're right, its one of the more memorable events that day. I'm sure it was like that for other students who talked to him.
wuvdoll
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025

View Profile
June 17, 2016, 05:38:12 PM

No doubt I would have done this as well, except I do not have a Domo suit, and not graduating just yet.
It is funny, but it was probably the best way to attract attention which I believe he was successful.
ekoice

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 17, 2016, 05:45:25 PM

It's great bitcoin is under discussion every where and  the hottest topic for every one and catching eye from every one globally no matter its america or asia...Great idea for the guy in a domo suit with a megaphone. excellect.
traderbit

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2016, 06:11:33 PM

[img ]https://i.imgur.com/RBjApo7.jpg[/img]
[img ]https://i.imgur.com/h2ArkSa.jpg[/img]
[img ]https://i.imgur.com/tVbEH23.jpg[/img]

This is awesome activity by that student by attracting more and more people into bitcoin, especially when the bitcoin price is keeping increasing. I would be happen if something similar would happen locally.

PalmBay (OP)

View Profile
June 17, 2016, 10:39:34 PM

yah, we definitely need to promote in real life more to reach everyone
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: