Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:40:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Progressive ASIC Mining Contracts  (Read 1051 times)
modcom (OP)

Activity: 236
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 28, 2012, 09:33:30 PM

Hi all!

Just to let you know that I have secured some contracts with Progressive ASIC Bitcoin Mining.
http://www.progressivebtcmining.com/ So far they have answered all my questions and concerns to my satisfaction and prompt emails. Anything related to BTC requires risk specially when investing, so, I said what the heck.

I have been provided a Promotional code for all new sign ups to use : MOD2004 this will give us an extra 1% return. If Asic's come out on Dec. it would be a nice Holiday gift.

Good luck to all of us on the upcoming changes of the BTC world.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
modcom (OP)

View Profile
November 29, 2012, 12:38:55 AM

<BUMP>

modcom (OP)

View Profile
November 29, 2012, 03:11:43 AM

If you visited the site, whether you bought or not, please tell me wht you thought?

mjc

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Available on Kindle

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2012, 03:51:13 AM

I took a look.  I'm still working some information out with them.  I'm a little concerned, but we'll see if I can get to the same place that you are at.  I personally think the pay out is much less than what they are advertising.  However there is still a decent payout.  I'll get back to you once I hear more.

Kindle : Bitcoin Step by Step (2nd Ed) : http://www.amazon.com/Bitcoin-Step-by-ebook/dp/B00A1CUQQU
Kindle : Bitcoin Mining Step by Step : http://www.amazon.com/Bitcoin-Step-by-ebook/dp/B00A1CUQQU
Facebook :  https://www.facebook.com/BitcoinStepByStep     Twitter : @BitcoinSbS
dust

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2012, 04:24:03 AM

1BTC says the OP owns this site.

If you visited the site, whether you bought or not, please tell me wht you thought?
This site reeks of a scam, or best case, a not very well thought out business.  Given that you are new to the community it is up to you to prove your legitimacy and competency before people will trust you with their coins.

Assuming the unlikely case this isn't a scam, here is some feedback:

Up to 5% is used for Lease Space, Electric, Staffing, etc at our Data Center
Are you taking the management fee out of revenues or out of profit in addition to expenses?  It isn't clear based on your site.  If you are taking 5% of revenues, what happens if/when the cost of space, electric and staffing costs more than 5% of the revenue.  As the difficulty adjusts, electricity costs will almost certainly exceed 5% of revenues.

The company we work for, with our new expansion has over 60,000 square feet of Citrix Server Clusters, VM's, SANs and a lot of open rack space - all within in a fully climate controlled Data Center, Stable Power with both Battery and Generator Backups, and leased lines with more bandwidth than we could possibly ever use!
I see no mention of the location of this datacenter in the "About Us" or "Contact Us" pages.  This does not instill much confidence in your potential customers.  Are you authorized to use your employer's datacenter?  Could you link to a record of your business registration?

Our company was started by a small group of employees at another business in the industry (who we must keep anonymous for legal reasons)
This sounds like an excuse to remain anonymous as a scammer.

1 Year totals - Payout per 1BTC - 823.33
Bullshit.  Are you assuming that you will be the only ASIC miners and the only miners reinvesting in hardware?  To put this in perspective, should I expect a $2 MILLION return on the minirig I preordered?

As time went by our income grew exponentially and we gained equity in a HUGE Lot of hardware!
Our first order placed at the end of June included (2) Bitforce Jalapeno SC Miners and (2) Bitforce Single SC Miners - this order alone is enough for 129 Gh/s! Subsequent orders in July, August and October will put our hashing power higher than any single miner has seen before. With all contracts filled we should start mining at well over 300 GH/s
Ordering a few Jalopenos and Singles doesn't sound like a very large scale operation to me.

I took a look.  I'm still working some information out with them.  I'm a little concerned, but we'll see if I can get to the same place that you are at.  I personally think the pay out is much less than what they are advertising.  However there is still a decent payout.  I'll get back to you once I hear more.
You are correct, their payout numbers are bogus and their pricing of contracts is not transparent at all.  Stay far away IMO.

Cryptocoin Mining Info | OTC | PGP | Twitter | freenode: dust-otc | BTC: 1F6fV4U2xnpAuKtmQD6BWpK3EuRosKzF8U
modcom (OP)

View Profile
November 29, 2012, 04:32:50 AM

You owe me 1 bitcoin. I am not the owner, just a contract holder. I've sent this link to your post off to the company so that they can respond to your allegations. I am merely a miner trying to make my way. You are obviously hostile.

You can send the 1 bitcoin you owe me to this address   1FWKkF8t7WatTemAwhkL5ykLrcfddAsWPT

dust

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2012, 05:15:06 AM

You owe me 1 bitcoin. I am not the owner, just a contract holder. I've sent this link to your post off to the company so that they can respond to your allegations. I am merely a miner trying to make my way. You are obviously hostile.

You can send the 1 bitcoin you owe me to this address   1FWKkF8t7WatTemAwhkL5ykLrcfddAsWPT
I will not send you 1 btc because:
1) There was no reasonable expectation I would be sent 1 btc if I was right
2) There is no way to prove you are not affiliated with the site in the OP

However, I do apologize for my hostile tone, and after doing a bit more research I am leaning towards you just being a newbie instead of a shill.  If you did send Progressive Mining coins, you likely got scammed and I am sorry for your loss.

I will await more information from the owners of the site before commenting further on their operations.

Cryptocoin Mining Info | OTC | PGP | Twitter | freenode: dust-otc | BTC: 1F6fV4U2xnpAuKtmQD6BWpK3EuRosKzF8U
61197da925c1

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 29, 2012, 05:55:02 AM

why do you owe him 1 btc?

is there a rule around here in regards to that?

60 GH/s BFL Single SC - Pre-Order Yours Today!
`````` Only $1299.99 -  *Link Removed*  ``````
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: