Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:33:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Hilarious bots posting nonsense: what's the point?  (Read 10177 times)
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2015, 11:03:26 AM

I just brought it up because I think Mitchells bot works like that. I also noticed that posts with a clear pattern are faster removed, which led me to believe that Mitchell is still feeding the bot with new strings to match.
Well, staff has access to the bot. However it stills needs to be improved as it crashes from time to time.

Aand he's back to the random spam. Anyway I guess we got the answer as to why the botmaker is doing this, extortion(well kinda)
Told you.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tarsua

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 26, 2015, 03:43:09 PM

I just brought it up because I think Mitchells bot works like that. I also noticed that posts with a clear pattern are faster removed, which led me to believe that Mitchell is still feeding the bot with new strings to match.
Well, staff has access to the bot. However it stills needs to be improved as it crashes from time to time.

Aand he's back to the random spam. Anyway I guess we got the answer as to why the botmaker is doing this, extortion(well kinda)
Told you.
did he stop making posts? i have only seen two in the last 24 hours, also, what is the bitcoin address he posted?
InvoKing
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1065

✋(▀Ĺ̯ ▀-͠ )

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2015, 07:54:31 PM

did he stop making posts? i have only seen two in the last 24 hours, also, what is the bitcoin address he posted?

No, just reported 5 now and yesterday I found many topics too. Don't think the spam will stop unless the (retard) kid behind it will not find any address without a fees to pay (or maybe with the new forum?)

PSPD:law and order enforcement!
Press Section Police Department!
hedgy73
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1077

View Profile
December 26, 2015, 09:13:07 PM

No, just reported 5 now and yesterday I found many topics too. Don't think the spam will stop unless the (retard) kid behind it will not find any address without a fees to pay (or maybe with the new forum?)

I agree there have been a lot again recently but not with the pathetic begging "want me to stop" message.
MyBTT

Activity: 378

View Profile
December 27, 2015, 07:46:11 AM

Lol at first I thought you meant hilarious as in hilariousandco(Global Mod guy). This has been discussed in: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1275923.0
The agenda is I guess "revenge" , it was previously posting begging threads which were swiftly deleted by nuke bots, but as the content is not changing randomly it has to be done manually, so yeah, to annoy mods.

Yeah same. I thought that's what he meant as well. I was pretty confused when I read that as well. These bots get nuked anyway so they aren't really a worry.

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
December 27, 2015, 07:57:35 AM

http://gawker.com/5950981/unmasking-reddits-violentacrez-the-biggest-troll-on-the-web

tl;dr?

I just like riling people up in my spare time.

Undecided

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2015, 10:59:02 AM

Nope. Sometimes he does stop for a short period of time but then continues the usual business.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
mexxer-2

Activity: 924
Merit: 1003

4 Mana 7/7

View Profile
December 27, 2015, 11:01:19 AM

Nope. Sometimes he does stop for a short period of time but then continues the usual business.
In case you might've not noticed(highly unlikely, considering I've reported a bunch by now), now he's spamming topics with seemingly sensible titles like "Credibility" "Escrowing" etc on the Bitcoin discussion
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2015, 11:04:34 AM

In case you might've not noticed(highly unlikely, considering I've reported a bunch by now), now he's spamming topics with seemingly sensible titles like "Credibility" "Escrowing" etc on the Bitcoin discussion
Yes. He's constantly changing patterns thinking that it would slow us down but we've switched mostly to manual for him. I've noticed it because, at this very moment, I'm the most active patroller around (reports sometimes jump to 10+). I do wonder now who the actual person behind this is, they having access to a huge amount of IP's.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
tarsua

Activity: 266

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 08:13:29 PM

Yes. He's constantly changing patterns thinking that it would slow us down but we've switched mostly to manual for him. I've noticed it because, at this very moment, I'm the most active patroller around (reports sometimes jump to 10+). I do wonder now who the actual person behind this is, they having access to a huge amount of IP's.
maybe he is buying proxies with fresh ip addresses, you guys should just temp ban people who join with suspicious usernames
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2015, 08:24:39 PM

maybe he is buying proxies with fresh ip addresses, you guys should just temp ban people who join with suspicious usernames
The problem with that is that we would have a lot of false positives. There are 'normal' users that create accounts with weird usernames.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Scorpian

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 28, 2015, 11:40:13 PM

For some reason they want to flood the forum... It's not hurting us though... Just a little more work for the mods to do  Undecided
mexxer-2

Activity: 924
Merit: 1003

4 Mana 7/7

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 10:32:18 AM

Just ridiculous now, he is posting the same thing I did on this post with the title similar to the thread I posted it in. If anyone finds such a thread, report it
hedgy73
Legendary

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 08:17:31 PM

Haven't seen this type before:

BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 08:28:06 PM

Really?? https://www.reddit.com/r/navysealcopypasta

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
hedgy73
Legendary

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 08:35:14 PM

I hate reddit, probably because I dont understand it and dont want to Undecided.
tommypug

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 08:44:08 PM

They are posting nonsense just to pick up their post count to rank up their membership to either A) Sell the account or B) Use it for signature campaigns or C) Use it to scam.

shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2015, 08:59:41 PM

I hate reddit, probably because I dont understand it and dont want to Undecided.

Its not limited to reddit -> http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/copypasta

They are posting nonsense just to pick up their post count to rank up their membership to either A) Sell the account or B) Use it for signature campaigns or C) Use it to scam.

How do you A, B or C with an account that is banned after the first post?

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
Lutpin
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1874

Goodbye, Z.

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2015, 09:20:45 PM

-snip

How do you A, B or C with an account that is banned after the first post?

"I'll give the wheel a final spin, and ask you to give me a letter"
Aaaand...it's D) Tommypug is trying either of those for his account.

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀████▄
████▀██████▀█▀██████▀████
██████████████████████████
▐█████▄███████████████▄█████▌
▐███████▄▄█████████▄▄███████▌
▐██████▀█████████████▀██████▌
▐███████████████████████████▌
▀██████████████████████▀
▀████▄████▄▀▀▄████▄████▀
▀███████▀███▀███████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
   ███████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
███████

▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
            ██                          ▄▄▄▄▄▄                           ██
           ██  ██████                ▄██████████▄     ████████████████████▀
          ██  ████████             ▄████▀   ▀████▄    ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
         ██  ████  ████           ████▀       ▀██▀    ████
        ██  ████    ████        ▄███▀                 ████

██  ████      ████       ███▀                  ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ██  ████        ████      ███                   ██████████████
     ██  ████          ████     ███▄                  ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██  ████████████████████    ▀████                 ████
   ██  ██████████████████████    ▀████▄        ▄██▄   ████

██  ████                ████     ▀████▄   ▄████▀    ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██  ████                  ████      ▀██████████▀     ████████████████████▄
  ██                                    ▀▀▀▀▀▀                           ██
   ▀█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀
Lauda
Legendary

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2015, 10:25:35 PM

Scammers don't bother ranking up. They buy Hero accounts and scam from them.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1307187.msg13393381;topicseen#msg13393381
This is not related to this thread.

All 3 points are false.

-snip-
It is the same guy; he's just changing patterns.

😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: