Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 06:37:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Supreme Court rules taping police is a 1st Amendment right  (Read 2100 times)
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
December 06, 2012, 05:46:03 AM

Judges have no Constitutional power to "overturn" laws made by Congress. What should happen is that someone sues the government over violating Constitutional rights and receives a settlement if they prove their case. The people lined up in court to make similar suits would force the local statute to be rescinded. The idiots that made the laws would face re-election and no longer be around to make such stupid laws. How we got to the point where a group of un-elected lifetime appointees make the law of the land defies logic. The system is broken, this small victory notwithstanding.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2012, 06:46:20 AM

You were doing pretty well until the red. This turned what would've been a sharp but warranted criticism of a violation of free speech into a bitter, bigoted cheap shot.

White males who can score well on the LSAT are just as capable of trampling on people's rights and unjustly increasing the power of the police state.

The garbage in red also makes it easier for people to dismiss any sort of libertarian arguments as the work of bigots/racists.

+1

So opposing race/gender based affirmative action by highlighting its awful real world consequences is racist?

I disagree, and think playing the thought crime card is beneath you.

Your theoretical BS about 'white males who can score well on the LSAT' is beyond irrelevant and well into the realm of dishonesty.

The actual events that happened entailed an idiot affirmative action baby wasting tax money in a vain attempt to oppress the tax payers.

Despite your bitter, bigoted cheap shot at those most victimized by racial preferences and gender quotas, her white male counterpart in the next county, Jason Chambers, made no such asinine mistake.  

If he did, it would be a career killer.  Not so for the person who rose to occupy an office she was manifestly unqualified for, based on her attributes of spic=true and cunt=true.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
sangaman

Activity: 342
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2012, 03:42:56 PM

You were doing pretty well until the red. This turned what would've been a sharp but warranted criticism of a violation of free speech into a bitter, bigoted cheap shot.

White males who can score well on the LSAT are just as capable of trampling on people's rights and unjustly increasing the power of the police state.

The garbage in red also makes it easier for people to dismiss any sort of libertarian arguments as the work of bigots/racists.

+1

So opposing race/gender based affirmative action by highlighting its awful real world consequences is racist?

I disagree, and think playing the thought crime card is beneath you.

Your theoretical BS about 'white males who can score well on the LSAT' is beyond irrelevant and well into the realm of dishonesty.

The actual events that happened entailed an idiot affirmative action baby wasting tax money in a vain attempt to oppress the tax payers.

Despite your bitter, bigoted cheap shot at those most victimized by racial preferences and gender quotas, her white male counterpart in the next county, Jason Chambers, made no such asinine mistake.  

If he did, it would be a career killer.  Not so for the person who rose to occupy an office she was manifestly unqualified for, based on her attributes of spic=true and cunt=true.

Cool, so you have one instance where a hispanic woman was wrong and a white male was right. I'm sure there are countless similar examples and also countless examples where the opposite is true.

You can take your pick of police officers or government officials who were white males and expanded government powers and the police state, and many who were simply corrupt or incompetent. Every chairman of the fed ever, supreme court justices who rule it's fine for federal agents to raid old ladies growing their own medical marijuana or for states to enforce sodomy laws, even police officers who've arrested bystanders for taping video. The biggest fascist/statist of the 20th century, who happened to be particularly fond of white males and resentful of minorities, was a white male himself.

But that's all besides the point, the real issue here is one of freedom of press and freedom of speech and not race, gender, or affirmative action. By turning it into an affirmative action issue, you're misdirecting your criticism and you make yourself (and, by association, all libertarian and/or bitcoin enthusiasts) look like an angry fringe lunatic. Don't just take my word for it.

I doubt anything I say will change your mind, which is a shame, but I just hope that people who think like you do are not associated with bitcoin or libertarian principles since they are an embarrassment to the movement and are likely to scare away the mainstream.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2012, 11:57:23 PM

Cool, so you have one instance where a hispanic woman was wrong and a white male was right. I'm sure there are countless similar examples and also countless examples where the opposite is true.

You can take your pick of police officers or government officials who were white males and expanded government powers and the police state, and many who were simply corrupt or incompetent. Every chairman of the fed ever, supreme court justices who rule it's fine for federal agents to raid old ladies growing their own medical marijuana or for states to enforce sodomy laws, even police officers who've arrested bystanders for taping video. The biggest fascist/statist of the 20th century, who happened to be particularly fond of white males and resentful of minorities, was a white male himself.

But that's all besides the point, the real issue here is one of freedom of press and freedom of speech and not race, gender, or affirmative action. By turning it into an affirmative action issue, you're misdirecting your criticism and you make yourself (and, by association, all libertarian and/or bitcoin enthusiasts) look like an angry fringe lunatic. Don't just take my word for it.

I doubt anything I say will change your mind, which is a shame, but I just hope that people who think like you do are not associated with bitcoin or libertarian principles since they are an embarrassment to the movement and are likely to scare away the mainstream.

This was not a mere "instance." This was a uniquely outrageous attempt to use taxpayer money to deprive taxpayers of their rights.  Stop minimizing please! 

Stop retreating from this specific situation into abstract generalities about what other people did and/or may do.  Take some Ritalin and focus FFS.

You don't get to decide that the only "real issue here" is freedom of speech.  It's possible that there are two issues, one being the 1st Amendment and the second being racial/gender affirmative action's serious negative consequences for the society that indulges in such PC discrimination.

By refusing to acknowledge any role RGAA may have played in this situation, you make yourself (and, by association, all of humanity) look like angry feminist Marxist black nationalist militants, determined to destroy any trace of meritocracy left in our educational/political institutions.

I chop up communists and feed them to Daisy, my pet pig.  So go play thought police somewhere else buddy.   Wink

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████