Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 09:17:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Basic Mining Question  (Read 669 times)
icezer0z (OP)

Activity: 144
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 03:32:02 AM

I've been mining for awhile now on Slush and recently transitioned my miners to a smaller pool. It's been about 3 days now and I've been thinking and learning a lot more by speculation on this forum and the operation of this small pool I am on.

Question:

When pools are mining, are they all mining the same block or different separate blocks that the pool is locked in to until the block is solved then another block is locked into the pool?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
VirosaGITS
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 04:25:11 AM

I've been mining for awhile now on Slush and recently transitioned my miners to a smaller pool. It's been about 3 days now and I've been thinking and learning a lot more by speculation on this forum and the operation of this small pool I am on.

Question:

When pools are mining, are they all mining the same block or different separate blocks that the pool is locked in to until the block is solved then another block is locked into the pool?

There is no progress toward a block or something such a individualism. Its more like drawing lots until you find a winning one (a share). When you find a winning one, that is a share with a diff over the global network, you found a block. The node broadcast it to the network and then tell you if its valid.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█
              ▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   █▄   ▄

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄ ▄▀▀▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
███████▄ ███▒▒███      ██▒▒█████       ▀█▄
 ███████ ▀█▒▒████     ▄█▒▒█████▀         ▀█ ▄  ▄▄
  ██████  ▌▀▀█████▄▄▄███████▀▀            ███▄███▌
 █████████  █████▀▀█▀▀██████▌             ██████▀
 ▀█████████ ███▄  ███   ▐███▌ ▄██       ▄█████▀
     ▀▀    ▀▀███████████████▄▄████▄▄▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀
               ▀▀▀███▀▀▀      ██████▄
                               ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████
█████████▀▀█████████▀▀█████████
███████ ▄▀▀         ▀▀▄ ███████
██████                   ██████
█████▌     ▄▄     ▄▄     ▐█████
█████     ████   ████     █████
█████      ▀▀     ▀▀      █████
█████▄   ▀▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▀   ▄█████
████████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄████████
 ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
icezer0z (OP)

View Profile
December 07, 2015, 12:21:28 PM

Question:

There is no progress toward a block or something such a individualism. Its more like drawing lots until you find a winning one (a share). When you find a winning one, that is a share with a diff over the global network, you found a block. The node broadcast it to the network and then tell you if its valid.

Ok thanks for your reply

notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 08, 2015, 12:47:16 AM

Question:

Ok thanks for your reply

Your other option is looking at pools that offer PPS.  This is much more stable as far as daily pay.  But they do take a fee.

So over time you mine less profit if the other pool would be 100  percent.  But sometimes PPS is nice to have if you like consistent pay.
icezer0z (OP)

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 01:49:11 AM

Question:

Ok thanks for your reply

Your other option is looking at pools that offer PPS.  This is much more stable as far as daily pay.  But they do take a fee.

So over time you mine less profit if the other pool would be 100  percent.  But sometimes PPS is nice to have if you like consistent pay.

Ok thanks for the tip.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: