Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 02:15:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: AI represents our desire to create God  (Read 628 times)
ripthesystem

Activity: 98
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 05:47:00 PM

There is certainly a point in this idea. In the future AI has all capabilities to become one-man (no pun intended) government for the whole planet, as it will be able to control the whole information flow, including financial sphere. In this scenario God-AI serves more practical purpose: it's not a religious person/object, but an entity that controls and guides humanity in its development. As for the transcendent aspect of God, than it is right here: humanity can create AI, can understand its basic logic, but will never completely comprehend how it actually 'thinks'.
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Christopher_Hayes

Activity: 68
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 29, 2018, 06:11:32 PM

Once AI is a consciousness capable of answering life's most perplexing questions, maybe we will come to worship it as a God of sorts.

Create God? I don't think so. Play and act like God? Absolutely.
I could see some people "worshipping" and AI like a God of sorts, but I don't think we should. Just because it can solve our problems and do all our dangerous and boring jobs for us doesn't we should worship a machine. It will just give the AI robot a chance to treat us like pets.
James_Cline

Activity: 85
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 01:01:11 AM

To be honest, I think it’s a bit extreme to liken AI to religion or God. Isn’t AI designed to simplify our lives? To help make work more efficient and productive? Sure, it will be life-changing but it’s not meant to take over our lives. We would use it, not worship it. That’s my two cents.
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
November 16, 2018, 10:58:36 PM

Lex Fridman, a research scientist at MIT working on human-centered artificial intelligence, believes that the movement towards the creation of artificial intelligence represents our desire to create a God-like entity that is greater than ourselves. It would answer the questions our brains are too limited to figure out and solve problems that we can't solve.

By creating AI, scientists and researchers are learning the complexities of the human brain, which is still largely a mystery. People learn best through doing, so by creating another consciousness, we are coming to a greater understanding of what it means to be human ourselves.

Once AI is a consciousness capable of answering life's most perplexing questions, maybe we will come to worship it as a God of sorts.

What do you think?

No link?
SkyFlakes

Activity: 307
Merit: 101

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
November 22, 2018, 11:48:38 PM

Lex Fridman, a research scientist at MIT working on human-centered artificial intelligence, believes that the movement towards the creation of artificial intelligence represents our desire to create a God-like entity that is greater than ourselves. It would answer the questions our brains are too limited to figure out and solve problems that we can't solve.

By creating AI, scientists and researchers are learning the complexities of the human brain, which is still largely a mystery. People learn best through doing, so by creating another consciousness, we are coming to a greater understanding of what it means to be human ourselves.

What do you think?

Logically speaking, this might be possible. But if I would see and assess the cureent situation of our society, faith in the supreme being of any religion is still higher. I think we are far from this situation. But I am not saying that it is not possible to happen as one of the major effects of technology is that it makes us less of a human meaning we loss what makes us we are, human. And I think that's the emotion that was washed by the advancement of technology.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: