Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 03:17:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you think might be holding back Bitcoin's success?  (Read 4040 times)
logicalq

Activity: 77
Merit: 17

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 02:32:11 AM

Success needs to be defined. I think until mass adoption happens , the price will never go up. If its the technological success or the usage, then its already been happening.
bikoBoy

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 02:31:32 PM

That it still need some additional work (with new exchanges and merchandise sites) to make it a currency usable everywhere, also the bad reputation that scare many normal businesses from using it.
Rotator

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 03:09:54 PM

Success needs to be defined. I think until mass adoption happens , the price will never go up. If its the technological success or the usage, then its already been happening.
Adaptation is what we need? All this now is just gamble and some kind of investment..
Only if you think bitcoin would be something different from pump and dump game.
Bitcoinbro

Activity: 420

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 03:32:35 PM

Adaptation is what we need? All this now is just gamble and some kind of investment..
Only if you think bitcoin would be something different from pump and dump game.

Once more people start adapting to bitcoin, the more demand there will be for bitcoin
Since bitcoin is limited, the price can only go up from there
DimensionZ

Activity: 350

Shit, did I leave the stove on?

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 03:37:16 PM

I think the desire of some people to control what is happening with the development of the project might be holding bitcoin down. Even though it's decentralized it feels more and more like a centralized venture.

JosNekoKopa

Activity: 476

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 03:58:25 PM

More aggressive commercials of all possible networks and platforms..twitter, youtube, facebook.
How many time i have read about death of bitcoin? Why?
bitlancr

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 04:08:14 PM

More aggressive commercials of all possible networks and platforms..twitter, youtube, facebook.

I agree, if this were to happen, more commercials and more positive outlets about bitcoin, more people would were to find out about it. It would also help them understand how bitcoin works and what it stands for. All this negativity is holding bitcoin back from it's success.
SuperCoinGuy

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

Defender of Bitcoin

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 05:30:05 PM

Journalists like to write bombastic headlines to attract more readers while the things they write about most of the time are just rumors.
virtualdn
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1093

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 05:33:03 PM

this among other things

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1336034

1 BTC = 1 BTC
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
January 21, 2016, 05:34:44 PM

Holding back? for me this is happening at a shockingly fast pace. I thought it would take 10 years to get to the place we are now.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
davinchi
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1058

View Profile
January 22, 2016, 04:49:01 PM

Yeah, I am also of the view that if mass adoption occurred the price of bitcoin wil then get stabled , as like USD. USD is stable becuase of its global value. The same will be the future of the bitcoin if it remained favourite of the people and accepted worldwide.
RealBitcoin

Activity: 854
Merit: 1009

JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 01:04:44 PM

Holding back? for me this is happening at a shockingly fast pace. I thought it would take 10 years to get to the place we are now.

Well we saved 3 years, but I think in the next 10 years Bitcoin will really go global. Already you can see thousands of folks joining from all places in the world, and many new companies getting interested in it/

The supply and demand is both here, now all we need is to expand this market globally.

Lutzow

Activity: 728

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 01:43:32 PM

Probably the slow transaction, who would like to line up for so long paying for gasoline awaiting for bitcoin transfer to get completed. If only it can work in less than a minute there'll be probably more users of bitcoin.

Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
January 23, 2016, 04:31:12 PM

Probably the slow transaction, who would like to line up for so long paying for gasoline awaiting for bitcoin transfer to get completed. If only it can work in less than a minute there'll be probably more users of bitcoin.

The transaction is almost instant.You are speaking of confirmation and settlement time I guess.
Wait until LN is ready as layer 2 on top of Bitcoin and your "problems" are solved.
glerand

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 02, 2016, 09:12:05 PM

The split of community. The developers of the bitcoin have biased interest as they are employed by certain organization.
owm123

Activity: 392

View Profile
February 02, 2016, 09:36:09 PM

The split of community. The developers of the bitcoin have biased interest as they are employed by certain organization.

This. Entire bitcoin core development is being controlled by a single company:
https://www.reddit.com/r/btc/comments/43pq1z/i_didnt_realize_how_bad_it_is_blockstream_has_9/

Bitcoin is NOT anonymous: http://www.bitcoinisnotanonymous.com
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 1373

View Profile
February 02, 2016, 09:42:50 PM

The thing that is holding back Bitcoin success is, because of income taxation regulations, and regulations in general, people in everyday, walk-in stores, are fearful of offering the option for people to pay in bitcoins.

Smiley

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/.
elizabethqueen

Activity: 252

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 05:49:43 AM

I personally feel Bitcoin is slowly being defeated. From all the allegations made about how bitcoins were used to purchase weapons in aid of the Paris attacks, to money laundering reports. It is slowly becoming some sort of epidemic to me. I am not all that certain how long it'll last to deal with this type of negative impact and overall reputation but I am somewhat holding onto hope. I know the four businesses I'm working with are probably going to be positive influences on the way Bitcoin could really be viewed. I don't know how long the upcoming influence could last though. In fact the founders of Nerdy Knitties and Math-Morale had mentioned quite similar concerns.

The founder of Nerdy Knitties reportedly mentioned Bitcoin to the Etsy community, and soon had her thread filled with scam accusations just for offering to accept bitcoins.

Her response:

"I had mentioned Bitcoin on the Etsy forum just asking them if they knew what Bitcoin was in a thread title. In the OP, I told them I knitted some cool sweaters and slippers with the symbol on them. They immediately attacked my thread saying how they always get somebody like me trying to get bitcoins accepted on Etsy, and that anyone that deals in Bitcoin is probably a scammer because of how anonymous it is, and that if they're not a scammer currently, they will eventually become that. I literally couldn't believe how upset they were just because I said 'bitcoin', and now I won't bother them about it again. I was super nice as I could be so I don't get how they were so scared of me because I mentioned the cryptocurrency".

The founder of Math-Morale took a couple blows as well when discussing Bitcoin to his professor.

"I walked into university today feeling somewhat better than before on my reevaluated proposal to my preferred establishment on adopting effective, efficient and immediate resources to promote Bitcoin through mathematical science. I had my doubts on my first proposal, just because I knew that one of my professors had just commented negatively about Bitcoin after reading an article online that Bitcoin might have probable cause for creating an outlet to purchase weapons secretly in an effort to aid terrorist attacks such as the recent Paris attacks. When I had taken that into consideration, I decided to explain to him how Bitcoin isn't exactly what causes these illegal transactions, but it is moreso the non-regulated and overall ignored standing point Bitcoin has been given that actually does. If we turned to mass adoption tactics, at some point the government would have found some kind of way to keep Bitcoin transactions under close watch of illegal activity. Where there's a will, there is a way. He laughed in my face even after I felt I explained myself to the utmost confidence and importance. At this point, I feel somewhat offended. I deal in bitcoins. Does that automatically mean I use it to purchase drugs and weapons?"

i just think to holding bacck bitcoin succes must be have many aspect,it start from regulation,goverment problem,and willing from bitcoin developer to make bitcoin more strong than ever,and of course accepted in many coutries.

croato

Activity: 616

1BkEzspSxp2zzHiZTtUZJ6TjEb1hERFdRr

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 07:23:27 AM

Recent block size debate and fact that consensus in important matters cant be made are holding back bitcoin success big time. I just hope that problem will be solved soon so Bitcoin can fly again.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
February 03, 2016, 07:47:04 AM

it's more like the miners and merchants are not in agreement about the block size debate

satoshi should have leave the size to 2mb, so at this point there will be no issue about it
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: