Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 05:14:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I have a philosophical problem about all those campaigns aimed at forcing...  (Read 665 times)
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 06:00:59 PM

... private companies to accept Bitcoin.

Yes we, most of us, and even the FUD sprayers are invested emotionally to this amazing global experimentation. Bullying anyone to death to get them to accept something they do not fully understand how to integrate it in their business model yet is like forcing millions of people jump into a law no one understands but forced to pay for it. Oh! Wait...
There is a fine balance between a promotion and a baseball bat slamming down on your skull. There is a strong campaign targeting Dropbox. Yes I want everyone to accept bitcoin everywhere NOW. But if everyone has freedom of choice in the 'real' free market, why the need of pushing anyone toward what our collected ego wants and not becoming exactly what we are trying to stay away from?

The 'natural laws of gravity or snow ball' worked well for many companies, concepts, etc on the free market. This is not a critic or to slow down the acceptance of bitcoin but "If you built it, they will come" is what we should be more focus on. I believe this to be the case. Coinbase looks like another example of a run away success for bitcoin in the US (if nothing from DC/Wall Street comes crashing the party down).

I just hope we keep focusing on the bigger picture, the fact this is for the very long run, when years from now a dropbox or a wordpress may very well be as vibrant as brands as Plymouth or Datsun are today.
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 06:34:58 PM

Perhaps you should provide some examples of people forcing private companies to accept Bitcoin. I did not know this was happening.

"Forcing" could be a too strong of a word. How about "delicately whispered nudging"?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=194780.0
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: