Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 11:55:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New Idea  (Read 4633 times)
itsAj (OP)

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 08, 2011, 08:22:41 AM

Hey Guys,

First post, so hello! Smiley

I currently have a vBulletin forum license spare and I have hosting which is not being used right now so I thought I may aswell put it to some good use.
I just wanted to know what the BitCoin community would like to see?

A few ideas:

- A forum
- A forum where people can do freelancing in return for coins
- An online shop that accepts bitcoins (what sort of products would you like to see?)
- Some sort of directory
- A type of PTC. Where users visit sites etc and are rewarded with bitcoins

I am quite happy to develop a web app for the community, Im just not sure what everyone wants/needs at this stage.

What are your thoughts?

Thanks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
metalyeah

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2011, 08:50:26 AM

Hi!! New user here, too  Grin

I think a forum where people can do freelancing in return for coins would be a great idea. Bitcoin needs new ways of exchange and people must be able to use them easily. I'll help if it's necessary  Wink
Karmicads

Activity: 185
Merit: 112

View Profile
June 08, 2011, 04:52:57 PM

I am quite happy to develop a web app for the community, Im just not sure what everyone wants/needs at this stage.

What are your thoughts?

Thanks

I had an idea a while back (it's where the name Karmicads comes from), to create an alternative to those anoying scammy adsense and adwords banner ads from google. The escene of it was to run an OpenX ad server and include a little 5 star rating bar at the bottom of each ad, so that people could give the advert a 'karma' ratting that would effect it's precedence in competition for exposure.

At the time I was researching a business model for a secular NPO fundrasing organisation and KarmicAds was intended to be a staple of fundraising for the organisation itself. To bootstrap the system you would offer free advertising for suitible non-proffit organisations in return for banner space on their websites. Any revinue raised from commercial ads, that were directed from the participating NPO's website, would be returned as fundraising to them, or they could elect to have non commercial (NPO ads) only. Any comercial business could also participate, but of course, being subject to community criticism by the karma stars, would tend to drive up the performance of companies who deserved the reputation and ward of scammy parisites.

Perhaps you could adapt this idea for the bitcoin community and even reward bitcoin buisness with good reputations a discount on a sliding scale.

Another idea is a forum specificly to foster colaboration and diversification. We already have a very good general bitcoin forum, so no need to re-invent the wheel. But there are many gaps out there in the co-ordination of innitiatives. Fostering colabs and team work would be a very helpful pursuit, it you think it may be up your alley. You could watch the ideas board here and foster a more detailed buisness planning and development scene over there, as well as hooking up those who have bitcoin to invest, with people who have ideas that deserve investment. Develop a model for vetting ideas, and fostering the buissines planning process and try to conect the resources people have together.

If you could manage to put both of these ideas together, you could have a funding model for the colab forum and hopefuly profit to draw an income from.

My focus has shifted from the NPO fundraising organisation to total global domination, so I haven't got the time for that idea anymore. Grin Feel free to adopt/adapt it if you like. And good luck with it.
TheRandomGuy

Activity: 162
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 08, 2011, 07:24:29 PM

Hi!! New user here, too  Grin

I think a forum where people can do freelancing in return for coins would be a great idea. Bitcoin needs new ways of exchange and people must be able to use them easily. I'll help if it's necessary  Wink

There already is a forum for this: bitcoinlance.com

But its still good to have competition.

BTC: 1wbGAAabrsu8pjVXWUQvjUUhe18e721K2
FAUCET ROTATOR SCRIPT
itsAj (OP)

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 08, 2011, 07:42:04 PM

Another idea is a forum specificly to foster colaboration and diversification. We already have a very good general bitcoin forum, so no need to re-invent the wheel. But there are many gaps out there in the co-ordination of innitiatives. Fostering colabs and team work would be a very helpful pursuit, it you think it may be up your alley. You could watch the ideas board here and foster a more detailed buisness planning and development scene over there, as well as hooking up those who have bitcoin to invest, with people who have ideas that deserve investment. Develop a model for vetting ideas, and fostering the buissines planning process and try to conect the resources people have together.

Thank you so much for your reply!

I am going to build on this idea.
If anyone wants to help out could you please give me a PM. Helping out doesn't have to be financial (I have that covered), more with ideas etc.

There already is a forum for this: bitcoinlance.com

But its still good to have competition.

I made that last night Tongue But I think I am going to go with the idea mentioned above.
TheRandomGuy

Activity: 162
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 09, 2011, 01:32:52 AM

Oh....   Grin

BTC: 1wbGAAabrsu8pjVXWUQvjUUhe18e721K2
FAUCET ROTATOR SCRIPT
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: