Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 06:38:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What will happen when BTC will get closer to 21M?!  (Read 382 times)
mOgliE
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1251

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 07:41:16 AM

Hi,

I guess that once the limit is reached, miners will be paid differently.

For the moment, they have a chance to get a part of what has been mined... Well, they could get a part of what has been exchanged.

Anyway (and this is already true), in most Western countries today no individual mines, because the price of electricity is too high compared with what can be earned. So I guess that we don't have to worry for the large mining compagnies!

The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 07:45:44 AM

If the miners have already mined all blocks and bitcoin reaches 21 million then miners can no longer mine bitcoins. But instead of mining bitcoin blocks they will be processing bitcoin transactions and confirming it. This kind of activity is not new since it was launched few years ago to avoid double spending of bitcoins. Thus after the 21 million will be mined, miners will be focusing on confirming transactions and they will be paid for it and we call it miners fee.
Bitcionsky69

Activity: 64
Merit: 5

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 08:32:00 AM

Hi Guys!

Recently I was thinking what will happen after 21M limit reaches?!

Whole bitcoin decentralization relies on miners, who compute for our transactions and so, but they should have their profit in that, cause nobody won't work for free Wink
As far as the limit getting closer the mining starting to be slow and profit is getting to be less.

I guess sooner or later a lot of miners will move to other cryptocurrencies like ETH and so, even if some non-profit organization take care about mining process the whole meaning of the decentralization will disappear.

I think there is no Bitcoin bubble in that meaning like was for dot.com (though for other currencies there is bubble IMHO:)), because the whole meaning of Bitcoin is anonymity and this is very important thing for humans in the our era, which means that even if Bitcoin reaches to the 21M there won't be significant deflation, but my concern is that as far that number getting closer as mining will become less profitable and miners will drop this useful and great process!

Hope I am wrong, because Bitcoin is great project!
Just say the word supply the demand and demand of supply? I still beleave that the cryptocurrencies process will not change. And i know there is a way for such expansions and the fear of some will not happen just what will happen if the total ot bitcoin is ever hit.
DBronze98

Activity: 403
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 08:37:08 AM

I think it's nearing its limit that will be good news for everyone. Try to own as many Bitcoins as you can, as the number of Bitcoin owners is increasing, but the number of Bitcoins is close to the limit. So in the future Bitcoin reaches the threshold, Bitcoin prices will increase dramatically.

Roukawa

Activity: 546
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 08:45:59 AM

Hi Guys!

Whole bitcoin decentralization relies on miners, who compute for our transactions and so, but they should have their profit in that, cause nobody won't work for free Wink
As far as the limit getting closer the mining starting to be slow and profit is getting to be less.

I guess sooner or later a lot of miners will move to other cryptocurrencies like ETH and so, even if some non-profit organization take care about mining process the whole meaning of the decentralization will disappear.

I think there is no Bitcoin bubble in that meaning like was for dot.com (though for other currencies there is bubble IMHO:)), because the whole meaning of Bitcoin is anonymity and this is very important thing for humans in the our era, which means that even if Bitcoin reaches to the 21M there won't be significant deflation, but my concern is that as far that number getting closer as mining will become less profitable and miners will drop this useful and great process!

2140, the projected year that the whole bitcoin supply will be mined. As of now, it does not a big problem because aroung 16 million of bitcoins are circulating in our economy and every 4 years there is a difficulty in mining every blocks of bitcoin.
If time will come and all of bitcoins were circulated in our economy, it is possible that miners will move to altcoins but they must change also their hardwares because bitcoin mining processor is different from others. And maybe, miners will just add a transaction fees if ever it will happe. Anyway, that is the problem of the 22nd century people.

charlotte04

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 08:55:16 AM

Hi Guys!

I think when that day comes people will tend to Hold their Bitcoins since there will be no more to be mined and it will be priceless.
ThisIsUserName

Activity: 102
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 07:55:08 PM

I think BTC will die and a new blockchain can change all!
ipuy

Activity: 68
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 08:08:58 PM

I think if bitcoin has reached max supply it will be more expensive, because peoples want to collect it by trading. It will be a chance for altcoin that for a pair trade with.
Daveeoff

Activity: 611
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 08:17:24 PM

This won't be happening anytime soon. Bitcoin probably will get replaced by another cryptocurrency sooner than that.
senin

Activity: 938
Merit: 137

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 08:49:44 PM

The Bitcoin price will be very high as the supply of Bitcoin is limited and the ownership of 1BTC at that time will be very difficult.
What will happen to the price of bitcoin, when it will be extracted all 21 million, this has always been a contentious issue. Many say that its price will rise, as its offer will be severely limited. However, the question arises: who will need a very high cost bitcoin, if by that time there will be many promising digital coins of low value that will yield a much larger profit than bitcoin? Do not forget about the volatility of bitcoin, which is likely to be even higher than now. If bitcoin will fall by 40-60 percent in its value, then someday it can provoke a big panic and bitcoin in a short time simply depreciate. Are investors ready to invest large sums in bitcoin, then to worry about its course?
Dread Pirate Roberts

Activity: 1484
Merit: 326

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2018, 08:58:16 PM

it's still long way process for it . and seems to be economically system. high demand low supply will implement and the price will continue to rise until there is no more btc made and the price will continue to rise as demand increases. and all there is no miner anymore just traders make the market more active.
bncbnc

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 09:00:28 PM

I think if bitcoin has reached max supply it will be more expensive, because peoples want to collect it by trading. It will be a chance for altcoin that for a pair trade with.
I think that the people are already doing preparation for that, they are now saving their bitcoins and trying not to sell it, because they know the importance of bitcoin and hope that bitcoin price will very reach to moon because of the unavailability of bitcoin in market, people will even try to buy bitcoin on black and will be ready to buy it at any price but still they will find it hard to buy bitcoin.

▄▄▄▄
▐████▌
▀██▀
▐▌
▄██▄
▄▄▄▄ ▐████▌ ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▐████▌
████  ▄▄▄▄  ████
▐████▌
▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌      ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀
▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌
▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄
▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀
ivy|..FACILITATING SECURE, TRANSPARENT...........
BUSINESS PAYMENTS ON A GLOBAL SCALE....

..─────────  ❱❱  WHITEPAPER  ❰❰  ─────────..
|
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
|.JOIN US NOW!.|
Dread Pirate Roberts

Activity: 1484
Merit: 326

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2018, 10:45:29 PM

This won't be happening anytime soon. Bitcoin probably will get replaced by another cryptocurrency sooner than that.

It is impossible. bitcoin will always be the main currency of crypto. and the recognition of 21 million supply is still very much to say by continuing to grow with large mining can reach in 2100+ new can reach max supply. it is unlikely that the one currently living here is alive or not.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: