Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 06:11:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What do people around you think about Bitcoin ?  (Read 42925 times)
blackmachinegun

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 10:25:46 AM

People around me don't think to much about bitcoin, simple they do not care, but they think that bitcoin is a dark market currency because of many news that we see how hackers and thieves are using bitcoin so they are probably afraid to use them.
I think you should join one bitcoin community, you will be happy with this community, feel good
because you can exchange thoughts about bitcoin with your friends

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Heutenamos

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

Act #Neutral,Think y'self as a citizen of Universe

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 10:38:12 AM

People give me weird looks when i say Bitcoin Undecided and they hand me over a card which leads me to an experienced psychiatrist.

yo
daddybios
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1098

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2015, 10:47:38 AM

My colleague thinks that invented Bitcoin video card manufacturers. He also assured that the entire network can be hacked Bitcoin. He can not understand what decentralization. Bitcoin is not anonymous, and all transactions can be traced and find the sender and recipient.
Yet it does not inspire capitalization.
I find it hard to him to prove something.

But there is good news. Our largest bank added bitcoin. He is already in the online banking outside the dollar and euro. Therefore, many are convinced that Bitcoin is not just empty.
PS: Sorry for my bad English.

Freedom to Ross Ulbricht!
coinplus
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1058

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 12:28:38 PM

People give me weird looks when i say Bitcoin Undecided and they hand me over a card which leads me to an experienced psychiatrist.

Yes I also faced similar kind of situations, not with my close friend but with less known FB friend. I started to him after knowing that he has a finance graduation. He argued bitcoin breaks all the eligibility for being money and refused to accept bitcoin in any manner and suggested me to visit yoga classes.
relq

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 12:37:30 PM

i think people around me don't know about bitcoin is. because in my country bitcoin still not popular among us. only some people know about it, so i think people around me think about bitcoin is just an online thing(?)
Altynbekova

Activity: 476

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 12:45:42 PM

For some people around me it's hard to understand. They don't understand the technical aspect of bitcoin, some know and understand very well but are just scared to get into it.
So those people just stay in the background, knowing that bitcoin exists but don't think bitcoin has a bright future.
knightkon

Activity: 588

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 12:48:13 PM

I have to bring this up, because I did not see anyone else say it yet.  We need to get together as a group and shut down these scams sites.  The question asked what do people around us thing about bitcoin and the answer is that it scared a number of people.  I talked to 3 fellow business owners about Bitcoin in the last month and 2 of the three of them started reading about it all and got looped into scam sites and all.  Skybtc was running for about 2 months without paying anyone and scammed a lot of BTC from people and people kept visiting the site, getting them paid more for the ads they were viewing when hoping to collect.  These sites are giving Bitcoin a bad name to new users and are preventing the good name of Bitcoin to reach the general public.  If the first time you went to a foreign country and seen a person of different race than you, if they punched you in the gut and you then watched another person get punched in the gut by the same person, would you trust that race?  The same  is happening here, people are coming to the Bitcoin country and Bitcoin scammers are taking their money.  Then that person who has been ripped off is reading about others that have had similar experiences.  Would you trust Bitcoin.

███████████████████████████
██████████▄▄███▄▄██████████
████████▄█████████▄████████
██████▄█████████████▄██████
█████▄███████████████▄█████
█████▀███████████████▀█████
███████▀███████████▀███████
█████████▀███████▀█████████
███████████▀███▀███████████
.BITAMP..
   BITAMP BITCOIN WALLET   
Easy to use, client-side, &
open-source Bitcoin wallet
████████▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄████████
████▄▀▀▀   ▄▄█▄▄   ▀▀▀▄████
█████ ▀▄▄▀▀     ▀▀▄▄▀ █████
█████  █    ███    █  █████
█████  █   ▄███▄   █  █████
█████  █  ███████  █  █████
████▀▄ ▀▄ ███████ ▄▀ ▄▀████
█████▀▄ ▀▄       ▄▀ ▄▀█████
██████▀▄  ▀▄▄ ▄▄▀  ▄▀██████
████████▀▄   █   ▄▀████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▀▀██████████
████▄▀▀▀▄  ▄███▄  ▄▀▀▀▄████
█████   █ ▐█████▌ █   █████
███▄▄▀ ▀▄  ▀███▀  ▄▀ ▀▄▄███
██      ▄██▀▀▀██▄      ███
██     ███▄███ ███     ███
███▄▄▄▄ █████▄▄████ ▄▄▄▄███
██████████████████████████
█████████████████▄▄▄▄█▄████
███████████████████████▀███
█████▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▄▄████████
███████▄▀  ▄█▄█▄  ▀▄███████
██████▄▀   █    █  ▀▄██████
███████    █▀▀▀▀▄   ███████
██████▀▄   █    █  ▄▀██████
███████▀▄  ▀█▀█▀  ▄▀███████
████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄█████
███▄███████████████████████
████▀█▀▀▀▀█████████████████
|SECURE
ANONYMOUS
INSTANT
Snorek
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 12:51:47 PM

So, what do people around you (relatives, co-workers, co-ed, friends...) think about Bitcoin ? Please, indicate your country, so this way I'll be able to make a synthesis about what people think about Bitcoin.

For me : I come from France. My relatives think that it's criminals' tool and that since they can't touch money they don't trust it (note that those same persons are pro-banks, where you can't touch money). My friends think that it is useless and that it has no future. Both of them agree that scare them the most is the Bictoin's price volatibility.

So not so positive Undecided. I hope that you aren't in the same situation.
People who thinks like that are in the most cases uneducated about bitcoin and are blindly repeating scrapes of information they heard on TV.
Unless someone is willing to learn what bitcoin is about by himself, you can't really do much. I personally am done with being bitcoin advocate because retardation of some people regarding bitcoin is so insane.
Ubertroco

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 01:03:30 PM

That it is a pyramid scheme  Undecided

aakashsangwan

Activity: 994

PUGG.io

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2015, 01:05:51 PM

My relatives donot like bitcoin as they use to say that this online thing is only good for dark markets and is solely surviving because of it.

BitCoinNutJob
Legendary

Activity: 1316

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 01:08:34 PM

No no no. Go to wikipedia and read about pyramid scheme. Bitcoin has a real value. It's technology. Fast, free, secure and privacy protected transactions around the world. This is all we need in our digital world.
Snorek
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 01:10:19 PM

That is why I have hard time talking to people about bitcoin, they are blind to arguments. How bitcoin can be pyramid scheme if there is not central entity, and instead just individuals.
In pyramid scheme you are PROMISED that you will earn, with bitcoin there is not such guarantee. In pyramid scheme early adopters are winners and late adopter are losers, in bitcoin everyone can profit from it.
In addition we all can use a reliable and decentralized method of payment.
randy8777
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 01:47:39 PM

My relatives donot like bitcoin as they use to say that this online thing is only good for dark markets and is solely surviving because of it.

you should show them how easy and safe it is to use bitcoin. prove them wrong by facts. fiat is also used in dark markets, i only don't hear them say anything about that.
Luqman

Activity: 826
Merit: 263

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 02:26:41 PM

They just still wondering why "something like a mount of number being something worth".

Honestly, they don't need to wondering like that. If they want search what is bitcoin truly in search engine such as go*gle, yah*o and anything else. We can also explain them by spoken
Basically they just people that do not want develop, they will starts using bitcoin when they see many people using it. They are following people but dont want start with their self. 

Out of my 900+ facebook friends, only 2 of them are in btc related groups/pages. Yeah, there's a long way untill mass adoption or even awareness...
I have facebook friends that are really knew about bitcoin but they came from different city with me. They doing trade altcoins same with me.
junglist.massive

Activity: 759

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 02:33:47 PM

"I dont belive in it"
"looks nice, are you milionaire yet?
"well, could works. Lets see in coupple of years"
"Ponzi. No gov backed it"
stiffbud

Activity: 980

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 02:33:56 PM

I tried explaining what bitcoin is to my aunt and told her how it is more convinient in every possible way but nah, he don't get it and she thinks bitcoin is just some kind of ordinary coin on the net. They can't understand it. Grin

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
knightkon

Activity: 588

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 02:39:26 PM

I am sorry but BTC is not solely surviving because of dark markets and we need to defend against that reputation.  Look on here at all the people who are contributing to Bitcoin and the future of it.  There are dark markets everywhere and you can use cash easier than using BTC.  I have heard this before from one friend and I corrected them and they are now the proud owner of 122+ BTC.  We need to properly inform.

██████████▄▄███▄▄██████████
████████▄█████████▄████████
██████▄█████████████▄██████
█████▄███████████████▄█████
█████▀███████████████▀█████
███████▀███████████▀███████
█████████▀███████▀█████████
███████████▀███▀███████████
.BITAMP..
   BITAMP BITCOIN WALLET   
Easy to use, client-side, &
open-source Bitcoin wallet
████████▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄████████
████▄▀▀▀   ▄▄█▄▄   ▀▀▀▄████
█████ ▀▄▄▀▀     ▀▀▄▄▀ █████
█████  █    ███    █  █████
█████  █   ▄███▄   █  █████
█████  █  ███████  █  █████
████▀▄ ▀▄ ███████ ▄▀ ▄▀████
█████▀▄ ▀▄       ▄▀ ▄▀█████
██████▀▄  ▀▄▄ ▄▄▀  ▄▀██████
████████▀▄   █   ▄▀████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▀▀██████████
████▄▀▀▀▄  ▄███▄  ▄▀▀▀▄████
█████   █ ▐█████▌ █   █████
███▄▄▀ ▀▄  ▀███▀  ▄▀ ▀▄▄███
██      ▄██▀▀▀██▄      ███
██     ███▄███ ███     ███
███▄▄▄▄ █████▄▄████ ▄▄▄▄███
██████████████████████████
█████████████████▄▄▄▄█▄████
███████████████████████▀███
█████▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▄▄████████
███████▄▀  ▄█▄█▄  ▀▄███████
██████▄▀   █    █  ▀▄██████
███████    █▀▀▀▀▄   ███████
██████▀▄   █    █  ▄▀██████
███████▀▄  ▀█▀█▀  ▄▀███████
████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄█████
███▄███████████████████████
████▀█▀▀▀▀█████████████████
|SECURE
ANONYMOUS
INSTANT
yoona

Activity: 493

Live by your own rules

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 07:08:34 PM

i think i have two kind of poeple who think about bitcoin,one of them thought that bitcoin is same as money,bitcoin is digital money they think,and its rational,and second people thought that bitcoin is another internet scam,just like ponzi or hyip scheme. but i dont care about them,because some people also interest about bitcoin,and start ask to me about it.
blackmachinegun

Activity: 532

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 11:54:45 PM

I come from indonesia , and around me no one has to know about bitcoin , and some people are already familiar with bitcoin . but so many of us are curious about bitcoin , and I believe the future bitcoin will famous. and development is unstoppable.

I know bitcoin users in Indonesia are so numerous, there are more than 50k users there, but it was only 0.1% of the total population of the country
so you probably will not find friends around you who are thinking about bitcoin
KingW

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 23, 2015, 04:39:29 AM

No one I know understands it properly. Some of my friends do, but they no longer use it haha. 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  

Jump to: