Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:54:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Is Craig Wright Satoshi Nakamoto?
Yes, no doubt - 25 (5.7%)
Probably yes - 74 (16.7%)
Probably nope - 148 (33.5%)
No, no doubt - 195 (44.1%)
Total Voters: 442

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: POLL Is Craig Wright Satoshi Nakamoto?  (Read 14406 times)
AgentofCoin
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 02:27:14 AM

Satoshi Signed PGP, or GTFO.
Did Satoshi ever sign anything with his PGP key? I heard he never signed anything, and someone said it's useless unless he did. However, I don't understand PGP too well. Did Satoshi ever post his public PGP key anywhere?

I know he could sign a message from an early Bitcoin address if his PGP key is useless, but I'm curious whether it is or not.

Yes, he would need to sign a message from a few (more than one, the better, to prove the signer isn't just an early miner)
of his early mining bitcoin addresses. That would be very possible.

In relation to his PGP Key, many have said he had no such key, but there is this record according to bitcoin.org github:
https://github.com/bitcoin-dot-org/bitcoin.org/commit/19e0c74df2162d4510db5df9e50d5ac53b38c498

I support a decentralized & unregulatable ledger first, with safe scaling over time.
Request a signed message if you are associating with anyone claiming to be me.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Cortive

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 02:28:47 AM

Bait and switch. Decoy. He knows of him, though. It's like the Joker. He masks his minions and sends them out as the bait.

This is a good theory. It would be dumb to expose yourself as the creator of bitcoin, you'd get a shit load of attention and threats.
keepdoing

Activity: 140
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 02:30:10 AM

(C01n Ltd) - Director Profile
Dr. Craig Steven Wright
Organisation   C01n Ltd
Service Address   Suite 502 / Level 5
32 Delhi Rd North Ryde, Nsw Australia
Organisation Type   Private Limited Company
Industries   Computer Programming Activities
Dormant Company
Net Assets   £38,508,838
Headquarters Location   London, United Kingdom

Currently operates the only private Supercomputer in the Top 100 Global Supercomputers.
Supercomputer Listing: http://www.top500.org/site/50547
InvoKing
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1065

✋(▀Ĺ̯ ▀-͠ )

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2015, 02:30:52 AM

Voted probably nope, I let a 1% probability that this guy is saying the truth.
Honestly i am not convinced with what wired revealed especially after reading what members said in the other topic..but who knows Sad

PSPD:law and order enforcement!
Press Section Police Department!
megashira1
Legendary

Activity: 1146
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 02:31:56 AM

Gizmodo just uploaded video on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzIIyQDQjuA

BTCBinary

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 02:32:01 AM

this doesn't smell right. If it really was him why didn't he came out a few weeks ago when he could have been nominated for the Nobel Prize? I don't believe it can be him. There's all kind of signs that the information could have been tampered.
keepdoing

Activity: 140
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 02:32:14 AM

(C01n Ltd) - Director Profile
Dr. Craig Steven Wright
Organisation   C01n Ltd
Service Address   Suite 502 / Level 5
32 Delhi Rd North Ryde, Nsw Australia
Organisation Type   Private Limited Company
Industries   Computer Programming Activities
Dormant Company
Net Assets   £38,508,838
Headquarters Location   London, United Kingdom

Currently operates the only private Supercomputer in the Top 100 Global Supercomputers.
Supercomputer Listing: http://www.top500.org/site/50547

PS... he claimed in the video that he has relocated to Iceland in order to take advantage of their environment, which is most suitable for operating a supercomputer.   He said he was about to launch an even larger one there.

All of this should be easily verifiable.  I think we will soon know.
saturn643

Activity: 728

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 02:34:05 AM
Last edit: December 09, 2015, 02:47:45 AM by saturn643

Did Satoshi ever sign anything with his PGP key? I heard he never signed anything, and someone said it's useless unless he did. However, I don't understand PGP too well. Did Satoshi ever post his public PGP key anywhere?

I know he could sign a message from an early Bitcoin address if his PGP key is useless, but I'm curious whether it is or not.

Yes, he would need to sign a message from a few (more than one, the better, to prove the signer isn't just an early miner)

In relation to his PGP Key, many have said he had no such key, but there is this record according to bitcoin.org github:
https://github.com/bitcoin-dot-org/bitcoin.org/commit/19e0c74df2162d4510db5df9e50d5ac53b38c498

Satoshi never signed anything with his PGP key, but it was published. You can also get it from https://bitcointalk.org/Satoshi_Nakamoto.asc.

An alternative would be to have him sign a message with an address in the coinbase transactions in any of the first couple of blocks.

Edit:
That link seems to be broken, do you know where it is elsewhere?
I want to see if the two keys match or are two different keys for Satoshi.
S and N are capital, fixed above.
vodaljepa

Activity: 658

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 02:41:08 AM

Hottest Girls On Webcam Naked - Naughty Cams
AgentofCoin
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 02:45:18 AM

Satoshi never signed anything with his PGP key, but it was published. You can also get it from https://bitcointalk.org/satoshi_nakamoto.asc.

I support a decentralized & unregulatable ledger first, with safe scaling over time.
Request a signed message if you are associating with anyone claiming to be me.
Rubberduckie
Legendary

Activity: 1442

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 02:52:53 AM

No, no doubt.  Just go over Satoshi's stuff. This guy is like a doushy
used car salesman. Not a chance satoshi would be as arrogant as this
guy (at least I hope)

lolgato

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 02:58:07 AM

Most likely no Satoshi wanted to be unknown and he could be anywhere and why show up now he is still probably somewhere happy and anonymous and safe or dead so this man is most likely not satoshi.
Cortive

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 02:58:16 AM

If this was posted 2009 why is it now getting viral after there was literally a man hunt for Satoshi?
vodaljepa

Activity: 658

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 03:00:30 AM

If this was posted 2009 why is it now getting viral after there was literally a man hunt for Satoshi?

Might have not been found until recently

Hottest Girls On Webcam Naked - Naughty Cams
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 03:04:44 AM

Might have not been found until recently

Thousands of obsessives and journalists couldn't find that post? It's not as if it's on a .onion site either. Considering the collective detective skills that regularly show up on here that's hard to believe.
jertsy

Activity: 341
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 03:06:04 AM

The Wired article was interesting and sometimes almost convincing.
If he is a fake, then the real Satoshi is glad to have some fool grab a bunch of attention.

Well there is Dave Kleiman, the guy who died, it's possible he was the driving force even though plenty about his final circumstances doesn't add up either.

I found another story about this by gizmodo. It says Kleiman and Wright might have invented Bitcoin together. Then it goes on to say Kleiman might have had a fortune in Bitcoins, but it also says he died broke and in squalor. Anyone with a fortune in Bitcoins would have sold some to ensure they didn't have to live like that.

http://gizmodo.com/this-australian-says-he-and-his-dead-friend-invented-bi-1746958692

According to Paige, Wright eventually told him that Kleiman was the creator of Bitcoin. Later, he clarified that the cryptocurrency was invented by a group of people which included Kleiman. If that was true, Kleiman was likely sitting on a fortune when he died in April 2013—even if he were in possession of only half of Satoshi’s fabled million-bitcoin stockpile, that would have been worth about $65,000,000 at the time of his death.

Several of the emails and documents sent to Gizmodo point to a close relationship between Wright and Kleiman, a U.S. Army veteran who lived in Palm Beach County, Florida. Kleiman was confined to a wheelchair after a motorcycle accident in 1995, and became a reclusive computer forensics obsessive thereafter. He died broke and in squalor, after suffering from infected bedsores. His body was found decomposing and surrounded by empty alcohol bottles and a loaded handgun. Bloody feces was tracked along the floor, and a bullet hole was found in his mattress, though no spent shell casings were found on the scene. But documents shared with Gizmodo suggest that Kleiman may have possessed a Bitcoin trust worth hundreds of millions of dollars, and seemed to be deeply involved with the currency and Wright’s plans. “Craig, I think you’re mad and this is risky,” Kleiman writes in one 2011 email to Wright. “But I believe in what we are trying to do.”
RealBitcoin

Activity: 854
Merit: 1007

JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 03:15:32 AM

Most likely no, IMO. There are too many warning signs of some kind of a scam attempt (or an attempt to defraud some entity)

Why did he delete his twitter then?

If he wanted to scam, he would have held his twitter to get the fame and glory and use that as a cover to scam.

No, I think he is the real deal.

theymos_away

Activity: 82
Merit: 26

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 03:25:13 AM

Why did he delete his twitter then?

So that gullible people like you would take it as evidence for him being Satoshi. The tweets are all archived, so he's not actually hiding anything.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2015, 03:34:22 AM

The Wired article was interesting and sometimes almost convincing.
If he is a fake, then the real Satoshi is glad to have some fool grab a bunch of attention.

Well there is Dave Kleiman, the guy who died, it's possible he was the driving force even though plenty about his final circumstances doesn't add up either.

An obsessive, reclusive genius with his own supercomputer(s)?  The mysterious death of his closest(?) associate?

The next season of All My Bitcoins is going to be even more exciting than the thrilling Great Blocksize War story arc.

Every time I think 'this can't possibly get any more dramatic, engrossing, and entertaining' the writers pull a rabbit out of their hat.

Also: "Tessier-Ashpool@AnonymousSpeech.com."

ROFLMAO   Cheesy

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
TheMage

Activity: 812

Litecoin Association Director

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 04:21:58 AM

Satoshi never signed anything with his PGP key, but it was published. You can also get it from https://bitcointalk.org/Satoshi_Nakamoto.asc.

An alternative would be to have him sign a message with an address in the coinbase transactions in any of the first couple of blocks.

Edit:
S and N are capital, fixed above.

Incorrect, he signed a transaction to Hal Finney, which is as far as I know the only recorded time.

Follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/TheRealMage for Litecoin and Litecoin Association news!
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: