Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 05:27:55 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Gmaxwell proves Craig Wright is a fraud  (Read 19290 times)
5w00p

Activity: 644
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 09:22:08 PM

No one else, that I have read so far, is mentioning:

Dr. C. Wright can be verified as being an expert on computer security.  S. Nakamoto has maintained his anonymity for about 6 years now.
It is therefore provable that both Dr. C. Wright and S. Nakamoto know how to practice excellent operational security.

So, I am left wondering: How the hell did this "world's foremost computer security expert" get hacked?

I believe that such a person would only experience a "leak" or "get hacked" if he wanted this to happen.

Smell male bovine excrement?
emelac

Activity: 184
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 09:39:12 PM

Motherboard.vice.com agrees with Gmaxwell's discovery that the PGP key is probably backdated, and that Wright is a fraud. Has there been a statement from Wright yet commenting on the PGP key? He'll find it difficult to remain silent much longer with the world's media all over him.

RealMalatesta
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 1124

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 10:11:30 PM

So, I am left wondering: How the hell did this "world's foremost computer security expert" get hacked?

People keep writing here that his computer got hacked, however, I can not read this in the wired-story. They mention that documents, e-mails and so on was leaked. This doesn't necessarily mean that any computer was hacked.

Normally, someone with an agenda leaks documents to the media. And normally, the journalist should know who leakes the material and otherwise discard it for they will not be sure what the answer to the question cui bono is.

Nathaniel Popper mentioned that the documents were offerd to him, too. So maybe he could shed some light on this.

Unfortunately, I must confess: When I first read the story in wired, it looked pretty convincing. But this is how journalism works: You have to write a story which is easily readable.

But we know that the material was offered to several media. Such a fact puts journalists under pressure to publish the story before anybody else will be able to do so.

Still the main question remains: Cui bono...
MRKLYE
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1003

Designer - Developer

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2015, 10:14:39 PM

Hate to be this Craig Wright fellow at this point in time.. Seem the entire community has his eyes on him at the moment.
I'm about 99% sure from what I've seen from the "evidence" brought fourth by this seemingly endless wave of news is that this dude doesn't have the right background nor knowledge to be able to code up something so fancy as bitcoin. Personally hope the real satoshi stays hidden forever.

▄▄███████████▄▄
▄████▀▀`````````▀▀████▄
███▀```````````````````▀███
███`````````````````````````███
██```````````██``██````````````██
██````````▄▄▄▄██▄▄██▄▄▄▄`````````██
██`````````▀██████████████▄````````██
██`````````````███`````▀████`````````██
▐█▌`````````````███`````▄███▀`````````▐█▌
▐█▌`````````````███████████▄``````````▐█▌
▐█▌`````````````███▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄````````▐█▌
▐█▌`````````````███```````████````````▐█▌
██`````````````███`````▄▄████````````██
██`````````▄██████████████▀````````██
██````````▀▀▀▀██▀▀██▀▀▀▀`````````██
██```````````██``██````````````██
███`````````````````````````███
███▄```````````````````▄███
▀████▄▄`````````▄▄████▀
▀▀███████████▀▀
FREE
BITCOINS.com

`````````▄
````````▄█▄
``````▄█████▄
`````█████████
```▄███████████▄
``███████████████
`█████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
██▌▀███████████████
`██``▀████████████
``██▄```▀████████
```▀███▄▄`█████▀
``````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

FAUCET
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

``````````````````▄▄▄▄▄▄
``````````````````██████
``````````````````██████
``````````````````██████
``````````██████``██████
``````````██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████

██████████████████████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

XCHANGE
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

```````````▄
`````````▄██
```````▄████
`````▄██████████▄
`````▀███████████▄
```````▀████``▀████
█``````▄`▀██````▀██
██▄````██▄`▀``````█
████▄``████▄
`▀███████████▄
``▀██████████▀
```````████▀
```````██▀
```````▀

SWAP
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
5w00p

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 11:34:46 PM

People keep writing here that his computer got hacked, however, I can not read this in the wired-story. They mention that documents, e-mails and so on was leaked. This doesn't necessarily mean that any computer was hacked.

Normally, someone with an agenda leaks documents to the media. And normally, the journalist should know who leakes the material and otherwise discard it for they will not be sure what the answer to the question cui bono is.

Nathaniel Popper mentioned that the documents were offerd to him, too. So maybe he could shed some light on this.

Unfortunately, I must confess: When I first read the story in wired, it looked pretty convincing. But this is how journalism works: You have to write a story which is easily readable.

But we know that the material was offered to several media. Such a fact puts journalists under pressure to publish the story before anybody else will be able to do so.

Still the main question remains: Cui bono...

Fair enough, you do have a point. It seems I must admit to going to the "hacked" phrasing after reading it posted by others, without referring back to the source document, the Weird article.

However, I do also understand why others have used the word "hack" as the trove of emails and documents, in my opinion, would not likely be in the posession of a single third-party person.

ie, business documents, emails, tax/loan/whatever documents. I understand that a person may have friends and business associates, but how does one of the world's most sought-efter enigmas, who has maintained seemingly perfect opsec for YEARS, place all that SENSITIVE material into the hands of another person, especially given that this Dr. C.W guy has a law degree, so he doesn't even need "a lawyer" to sort through his business contracts.
tokeweed
Legendary

Activity: 3990
Merit: 1431

Life, Love and Laughter...

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 11:38:52 PM

Craig = Satoshi.  You can't fake most of the facts, and most of those facts fit.  AND the amount of innacurate information, exageration and FUD being propogated is growing so exponentially it is ridiculous.  This is all just conspiracy theory nonsense and drama because "Satoshi" was more fun to believe in as a purely idealistic vision - than to look at through the lens of reality.

Sort of like the whole Jesus concept.  If Jesus really were to come back, today, the first thing religion would do is beat the crap out of him and nail him up to another cross all the while screaming hysterically that he was an fraud.

LOL - same thing going on here.... Seems tech weenies are still just a step evolved above the apes, even with all your loft idealistic talk.  Your "Tech Jesus" has returned, and you scream to crucify him Smiley  Flippin monkeys.  Just when you think there is actual evolution occurring.  ROFL

LOL LOL - Oh the Hysteria Smiley

Easy.  Don't get mad bro.

I have more legitimate right to be angry than absolutely anyone posting on this forum, except for Craig himself, who I am not, although my situation is similar in parallel way.  I know that it should not make me angry that people act like people do.... but it is frustrating sometimes that there really is no helping most of this species in the end.  You will do what you will do, and you will end as you must.

If you say so satoshi. 

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
calkob

Activity: 1092
Merit: 520

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 11:40:45 PM

what up with his house being raided today by the tax authorities in Australia.....?  there is definitely something strange going on..... Undecided
BCEmporium
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 09, 2015, 11:48:02 PM

what up with his house being raided today by the tax authorities in Australia.....?  there is definitely something strange going on..... Undecided

Unrelated to Bitcoin, apparently the guy has a dozen of "scampanies" (scam+companies) and loads of bankruptcy processes.
Also he got Goxxed... I don't think that someone with the BTC amount of Satoshi would bother with Karpeles' rig.
At (at least) one of those "scampanies", BTC was being used for collateral.

██████████████████            ██████████
████████████████              ██████████
██████████████          ▄█   ███████████
████████████         ▄████   ███████████
██████████        ▄███████  ████████████
████████        ▄█████████  ████████████
██████        ▄███████████  ████████████
████       ▄██████████████ █████████████
██      ▄███████████████████████████████
▀        ███████████████████████████████
▄          █████████████████████████████
██▄         ▀███████████████████████████
████▄        ▀██████████████████████████
██████▄        ▀████████████████████████
████████▄        ████████████████▀ █████
██████████▄       ▀█████████████  ██████
████████████▄       ██████████   ███████
██████████████▄      ▀██████    ████████
████████████████▄▄     ███     █████████
███████████████████▄    ▀     ██████████
█████████████████████▄       ███████████
███████████████████████▄   ▄████████████

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|
  TRUE BLOCKCHAIN GAMING PLATFORM 
DECENTRALISED AUTONOMOUS UNIVERSES

HOME PAGE                                                                  WHITE PAPER 
|
Slark
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 02:21:19 AM

But what if Satoshi paid him to be Satoshi?  You guys ever think of that?
Why would he do that? Why this elaborate ruse? Satoshi was safe and sound - no one ever tracked him, he could remain that forever. Why now reach to Wright, pay him for creating this spectacle?
I don't think he is so bored. It has no sense.
keepdoing

Activity: 140
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 02:24:35 AM

Craig = Satoshi.  You can't fake most of the facts, and most of those facts fit.  AND the amount of innacurate information, exageration and FUD being propogated is growing so exponentially it is ridiculous.  This is all just conspiracy theory nonsense and drama because "Satoshi" was more fun to believe in as a purely idealistic vision - than to look at through the lens of reality.

Sort of like the whole Jesus concept.  If Jesus really were to come back, today, the first thing religion would do is beat the crap out of him and nail him up to another cross all the while screaming hysterically that he was an fraud.

LOL - same thing going on here.... Seems tech weenies are still just a step evolved above the apes, even with all your loft idealistic talk.  Your "Tech Jesus" has returned, and you scream to crucify him Smiley  Flippin monkeys.  Just when you think there is actual evolution occurring.  ROFL

Easy.  Don't get mad bro.

I have more legitimate right to be angry than absolutely anyone posting on this forum, except for Craig himself, who I am not, although my situation is similar in parallel way.  I know that it should not make me angry that people act like people do.... but it is frustrating sometimes that there really is no helping most of this species in the end.  You will do what you will do, and you will end as you must.

If you say so satoshi. 
Damn you Reverse Psychology!
Xubu

Activity: 252

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 02:26:34 AM

Dude was a fucking scammer trying to build a bitcoin bank, its sad that people could think this was real.
Do you have evidence from this?
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 03:59:53 AM

But it would be crazy if he really holds seveal hundred thousands of bitcoins, which ATO might be going for now.

ATO was investigating/working with Craig in parralel.  #1 - because of the bitcoin phenomena, as a gov't they have the responsibility to set the correct precedent.  Craig was starting up a huge bank.  Doing it properly also - sort of like Circle in the U.S. (by that I mean that Dynarius Bnk was being set up according to proper rules/regs.)

If you read one of the referenced transcripts, you will see that as the discussion/decision regarding the "Nature of Bitcoin" decision was evolving - you will see that teh very real possibility that one outcome would be that a REFUND from Gov't to Craig/Dynarius was a real possibility.  You will also see that they not only supported the advancement of the bank, they wee working very hard to get through the mandatory process of setting a firm foundation/definition of how to treat bitcoin - so that they could free up Craig to continue the project as quickly as possible. (READ the transcript - it is all there)

But unless I missed something, at no time was there a realization by ATO that Craig was actually Satoshi.  They were dealing with Huge amounts of Bitcoin, but they were looking at it as investment, trying to figure out what it meant to transfer say 30,000 Bitcoins from Wallet 1 to Wallet 2, and if that defined a change in ownership, how that applied to tax, cross border transactions etc.

WHEN the Craig = Satoshi news broke, they realized that the guy they had been working with was MUCH bigger (in potential amount of bitcoins) than they had previously been aware of.

Craig has now already pretty much concluded his "negotiations" with ATO to a degree that his future activity with the previously undisclosed bitcoins is now covered/protected by the conclusion of previous negotiation.

But of course it is never as simple as one thinks when dealing with Governments, and now Craig is based in London, with moves to Iceland.  Could be ATO is simply "making a show", or it could be they are feeling hoodwinked.

Craig does have a law degree Smiley

The "Satoshi stash" is probably now protected legally, and available to openly be used to supply all the necessary reserves for his new Bitcoin bank.  Just a thought Smiley

I think you missed where the bank is no more with Craig Wright offering up TWO explanations for its demise, one being he couldn't raise enough capital to see it to fruition.
Spoetnik
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 04:24:13 AM

Which Jesus ?
It's a known fact that there was many Jesus's
The Romans kept killing all of them one after another and they kept pulling another guy out
claiming this time we got Jesus ..again and again.
Not only that but the Egyptians had already made public records claiming the same thing 300+ years before Christ.
ALL OF IT !
The whole baby in a manjor scene to God to the arc of covenant.. ALL of it stolen from Egyptians !
There is soooo much that blows the religion out of the water.
Take the statements in the bible about camels.. well people went and check and there was no camels.

People are liars an ididiots and gullible.. and always have an agenda / selfish ulterior motive LOL

Tech Jesus ?
Naw i figure it was some dood who did stuff on the web or maybe multiple guys.
The kids in awe over their deity probably never accomplished anything on the web ever.
A lot of people have probably come here that are as famous as Satoshi.
And all of them put their pants on one leg at a time i imagine.

FUD first & ask questions later™
5w00p

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 04:58:35 AM

Which Jesus ?
It's a known fact that there was many Jesus's
The Romans kept killing all of them one after another and they kept pulling another guy out
claiming this time we got Jesus ..again and again.
Not only that but the Egyptians had already made public records claiming the same thing 300+ years before Christ.
ALL OF IT !
The whole baby in a manjor scene to God to the arc of covenant.. ALL of it stolen from Egyptians !
There is soooo much that blows the religion out of the water.
Take the statements in the bible about camels.. well people went and check and there was no camels.

People are liars an ididiots and gullible.. and always have an agenda / selfish ulterior motive LOL

Tech Jesus ?
Naw i figure it was some dood who did stuff on the web or maybe multiple guys.
The kids in awe over their deity probably never accomplished anything on the web ever.
A lot of people have probably come here that are as famous as Satoshi.
And all of them put their pants on one leg at a time i imagine.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2kqhau
Kakmakr
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 1961

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 05:46:06 AM

Craig Wright could have been impersonating satoshi for almost 2 years, in order to con private investors. 

"Only you know I'm the creator of Bitcoin, don't tell anyone.  I have a billion dollars worth of bitcoins, but I can't use them until 2020.  That's why I need all your money for this Bitcoin Bank.  You can trust me, I'm already a billionaire."

That would explain why he created fake evidence in 2013 but kept it secret.  This public exposure could have come from his over-excited investors, or maybe he's throwing his net a little wider to see how much more he can get before it falls apart.

This is certainly possible. The data so far indicates one of the follow is true.

1) Craig Wright is Satoshi

or

2) This is a conspiracy involving multiple individuals in different countries trying to convince us that he is.

or

3) This one of the longest cons ever and Craig Wright started laying the groundwork to convince people he was Satoshi back in 2013.

Personally based on the information presented in the wired and gizmodo articles I lean towards #1 lots of compelling circumstantial evidence there. However #3 is not impossible especially if you can establish a definite profit motive for setting up such a fraud in 2013.    

For #3 I don't really get what would be the point. Pretending to be Satoshi (and therefore to own 1 million bitcoins) would IMO cause a lot of problems for too little rewards.

There are a lot of people, who go to jail for something someone else did, because the person who did the crime, had  money to pay. People sell their kidney for money, why would they not go to jail for someone else?

The only thing they can charge him with, could be tax evasion on capital gains, and that would not stand up in court, because he did not receive any monetary reward from those coins yet. He should have declared the commodity, but what value does he use as a reference?

I think, he did this for the fame and it is a complete hoax. ^hmf^

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
hunnaryb

Activity: 506
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 05:55:58 AM

Isn't the point of Bitcoin that you can be your own bank. Why would satoshi go run off and build a bitcoin bank.

▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

Cconvert2G36

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 05:59:25 AM

Thanks to gmaxwell, the nail was put into the coffin rather early with this one. Not sure which one I like more yet, Dorian's Choo Choos, or the Tulip Trust in the Seychelles.  Cheesy
Preclus

Activity: 167

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 08:20:41 AM

There is nothing proving any key was backdated. Starting in 2005/2006, it became clear that SHA1 was weak and that alternatives should be used.

Any argument about it is pointless as the Australian authorities will certainly be determining whether Wright has access to over 1 million bitcoins and whether the contract that "transfers them back to him" in 2020 is legitimate.
Preclus

Activity: 167

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 08:55:41 AM

Craig White from March 2006, the Security Basics mailing list:

http://seclists.org/basics/2006/Mar/296

"From: Craig Wright [mailto:cwright () bdosyd com au]
Sent: Wednesday, March 22, 2006 12:56 PM

True, but the argument was not one as to which is the better method.
There are several secure hashing algorithms."

and an individual responds to Craig directly with

"However, there have been numerous news items in the last 18 months about the feasibility of engineering hash collisions with several popular algorithms; hashing must be assumed to provide weaker verification of its property than might have been previously assumed.
(For now, I've recommended that folks using tools that don't yet do SHA-256 or better should use *both* MD5 and SHA-1 -- I don't think anyone has yet described an engineered collision that works with both.)"

and Mr. Wright replies to that.  There are quite a few others, of course, as Mr. Wright is and was quite a prolific writer in 2006 with regards to the topic of public/private keys..

"Web of trust models such as PGP can result in a signature, but the issue of non-repudiation is not fulfilled in that the issuer can not be held to account separately (as it is a self signed certificate). In situations where the parties have had prior dealings, it may be possible to verify the owner of the public key, for example, at a personal meeting, parties may exchange public keys on floppy disks (eg key signing parties). However, if the parties are unknown to each other, and perhaps in different jurisdictions, the requisite level of....

Regards
Craig"

Want to read more? You don't have to take my word for it. Head over to Google Groups (Usenet Archive)

https://groups.google.com/

and search for:

"Wednesday, March 22, 2006" "craig wright"

Search for "Craig" in the output and start from there.

Maybe the Seclist and Google's archive of Usenet has been hacked and backdated? Smiley
bitlancr

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 10, 2015, 09:06:59 AM

Lol I knew that when I heard it on the news, this guy would be a fraud.
No way the real sathosi would come out like this. I don't think it will ever be known who it really or who they really are.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: