Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: I need help with bitcoin wallet
problems synchronizing - 1 (50%)
problems synchronizing - 1 (50%)
Total Voters: 2

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Problems synchronizing Bitcoin Core  (Read 1247 times)
ar76 (OP)

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 19, 2015, 02:00:35 PM
Last edit: December 23, 2015, 10:44:06 PM by grue

I have the bitcoin bitcoin wallet core, but she occasionally gives me an error and then have to spend days waiting for him to come back to sync with the network.
I wonder if there is a way this does not happen or a quick way to synchronize with the network Huh
please help me

moderator note: changed title.
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2015, 02:28:39 PM

I have the bitcoin bitcoin wallet core, but she occasionally gives me an error and then have to spend days waiting for him to come back to sync with the network.
I wonder if there is a way this does not happen or a quick way to synchronize with the network Huh
please help me

Which version of bitcoin core?
Which error do you get?
What system do you use? Windows? Linux? Mac?

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
ar76 (OP)

View Profile
December 19, 2015, 04:02:58 PM

I have v0.11.1 version of the core bitcoin
It is not an error, but it has happened that I sync the portfolio and then aperece a box to say that there was a mistake and my wallet have to re-synchronize the start and it takes me semas or even months
I use Windows
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2015, 04:09:12 PM

I have v0.11.1 version of the core bitcoin
It is not an error, but it has happened that I sync the portfolio and then aperece a box to say that there was a mistake and my wallet have to re-synchronize the start and it takes me semas or even months
I use Windows

Well it wont take months, but without knowing the error its hard to give you advice. Can you copy the debug.log file here please?

You can open it by opening "run" (Win + R) and entering %APPDATA%\Bitcoin. An explorer window will open in the correct folder unless you moved it somewhere else. Double click the file debug.log and if windows asks with which programm it should open it select "notepad".

ar76 (OP)

View Profile
December 19, 2015, 04:30:13 PM

yes I did it. But for example today was to synchronize the portfolio and the power failed and had to start over three years ago that is the beginning and it takes me months to be able to synchronize the wallet
achow101
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 6635

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2015, 04:35:58 PM

yes I did it. But for example today was to synchronize the portfolio and the power failed and had to start over three years ago that is the beginning and it takes me months to be able to synchronize the wallet
If it takes you that long to sync, then I would advise that you not use Bitcoin Core. Try using a lite wallet like Electrum. It doesn't need to download and sync the full blockchain. It works better for people who have slow internet connections.

ar76 (OP)

View Profile
December 19, 2015, 04:42:44 PM

Yes I understand but this portfolio already has many bitcoins do not want to lose them and I am ahbituado it just do not like the time it takes to synchronize must have a way to make it faster, for example through the copy that is made of portfolio
achow101
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 6635

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2015, 04:45:49 PM

Yes I understand but this portfolio already has many bitcoins do not want to lose them and I am ahbituado it just do not like the time it takes to synchronize must have a way to make it faster, for example through the copy that is made of portfolio
There is no way to make it any faster besides getting better hardware. The thing that you are doing now isn't actually a full resync. It is reindexing which takes significantly less time since you already have all of the data. It just needs to organize it into databases. This step depends on your hardware. Faster CPUs do this faster.

If you don't want to wait, you can export the private keys from the wallet and import them into another wallet like Electrum. If you want to do that, we can help you. Just that if you do, you must NEVER SHARE the private keys you export with anyone else.

ar76 (OP)

View Profile
December 19, 2015, 04:49:46 PM

Thanks for enlighten me. If I change my mind I ask lh help
cr1776
Legendary

Activity: 4032
Merit: 1301

View Profile
December 19, 2015, 09:26:01 PM

A UPS might help here if power failures are causing database corruption. 

Likewise, as others have mentioned, more powerful hardware will help it to synchronize the blocks faster.
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 19, 2015, 09:34:43 PM

A UPS might help here if power failures are causing database corruption. 

Likewise, as others have mentioned, more powerful hardware will help it to synchronize the blocks faster.

Alternativly you can make regular backups of the folder, e.g. weekly. So you would only have to resync the last week instead of rescanning everything. Some report that its faster.

ar76 (OP)

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 07:06:11 PM

how do regular backups folder, can you explain
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2015, 08:01:08 PM

how do regular backups folder, can you explain

You just make a copy of all subfolders in the data directory[1] for bitcoin core. If you have a folder "testnetX" where X is any number, you can skip that.

[1] https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Data_directory

ar76 (OP)

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 09:32:29 PM

Thanks
else I have my wallet on my PC if I go to another PC that tb has a portfolio can not access my?
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2015, 09:49:57 PM

Thanks
else I have my wallet on my PC if I go to another PC that tb has a portfolio can not access my?

To access your coins you need the wallet.dat file. If you only copy the other data you can use them on several computers without worry that someone can access your coins.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: