Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 02:32:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: after the 15.40 crash i put this now is the time to see if i was wrong or not  (Read 3684 times)
myself (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

chaos is fun...…damental :)

View Profile
November 29, 2012, 12:10:38 PM

here is the image

original image: https://i.imgur.com/6HYZO.png iirc someone on WA chat room did save a copy of this for the record
the link http://cctforum.com/entries/26-The-not-so-awesome-count-but-hey-can-end-awesome

the time will tell ........

Los desesperados publican que lo inventó el rey que rabió, porque todo son en el rabias y mas rabias, disgustos y mas disgustos, pezares y mas pezares; si el que compra algunas partidas vé que baxan, rabia de haver comprado; si suben, rabia de que no compró mas; si compra, suben, vende, gana y buelan aun á mas alto precio del que ha vendido; rabia de que vendió por menor precio: si no compra ni vende y ván subiendo, rabia de que haviendo tenido impulsos de comprar, no llegó á lograr los impulsos; si van baxando, rabia de que, haviendo tenido amagos de vender, no se resolvió á gozar los amagos; si le dan algun consejo y acierta, rabia de que no se lo dieron antes; si yerra, rabia de que se lo dieron; con que todo son inquietudes, todo arrepentimientos, tododelirios, luchando siempre lo insufrible con lo feliz, lo indomito con lo tranquilo y lo rabioso con lo deleytable.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rebuilder
Legendary

Activity: 1615

View Profile
November 29, 2012, 01:23:18 PM

So, according to this chart, we should see / should have seen prices around 3 USD.

Selling out to advertisers shows you respect neither yourself nor the rest of us.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Too many low-quality posts? Mods not keeping things clean enough? Self-moderated threads let you keep signature spammers and trolls out!
fishface

Activity: 223
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2012, 01:27:31 PM

You drew a simple consolidation pattern leading to a upside breakout.
SkRRJyTC
Legendary

Activity: 1008

View Profile
November 29, 2012, 01:49:22 PM

I would call it a complex consolidation pattern.
fishface

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2012, 02:04:14 PM

I would call it a complex consolidation pattern.

Up and down zig zag within previous ranges getting tighter and tighter... Maybe I should have said textbook consolidation pattern instead of simple.

I guess I may be missing the point, but this chart indicates a sharp crash to $3 followed by a bounce back to near $15 and finally consolidation between $4 and $10 leading to a 2x+ breakout. This didnt happen, but, just as price tends to do, consolidation occurred and expansion tends to follow consolidation.
hazek
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 29, 2012, 02:51:25 PM

lol human nature and patterns  Roll Eyes so funny  Cheesy

My personality type: INTJ - please forgive my weaknesses (Not naturally in tune with others feelings; may be insensitive at times, tend to respond to conflict with logic and reason, tend to believe I'm always right)

If however you enjoyed my post: 15j781DjuJeVsZgYbDVt2NZsGrWKRWFHpp
mobodick

Activity: 840

View Profile
November 29, 2012, 04:04:13 PM

here is the image

original image: https://i.imgur.com/6HYZO.png iirc someone on WA chat room did save a copy of this for the record
the link http://cctforum.com/entries/26-The-not-so-awesome-count-but-hey-can-end-awesome

You draw straight lines on data that clearly belongs on an exponential scale...
-Yawn-
kentrolla

Activity: 1554
Merit: 565

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2012, 08:12:48 PM

here is the image

-Yawn-

u got a problem with straight lines?

intolerant

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
SkRRJyTC
Legendary

Activity: 1008

View Profile
November 29, 2012, 08:48:03 PM

?

You dont think human nature, especially when humans act in large groups, is played out in patterns?
myself (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 29, 2012, 09:46:24 PM

happy now

Los desesperados publican que lo inventó el rey que rabió, porque todo son en el rabias y mas rabias, disgustos y mas disgustos, pezares y mas pezares; si el que compra algunas partidas vé que baxan, rabia de haver comprado; si suben, rabia de que no compró mas; si compra, suben, vende, gana y buelan aun á mas alto precio del que ha vendido; rabia de que vendió por menor precio: si no compra ni vende y ván subiendo, rabia de que haviendo tenido impulsos de comprar, no llegó á lograr los impulsos; si van baxando, rabia de que, haviendo tenido amagos de vender, no se resolvió á gozar los amagos; si le dan algun consejo y acierta, rabia de que no se lo dieron antes; si yerra, rabia de que se lo dieron; con que todo son inquietudes, todo arrepentimientos, tododelirios, luchando siempre lo insufrible con lo feliz, lo indomito con lo tranquilo y lo rabioso con lo deleytable.
mobodick

View Profile
November 29, 2012, 11:31:09 PM

happy now

Great, now you have posted two different graphs.
 Cheesy
Which one is the real one?
mobodick

View Profile
November 29, 2012, 11:38:27 PM

?

You dont think human nature, especially when humans act in large groups, is played out in patterns?

Is human nature playing out in patterns, or is the pattern played out in human nature?

(After you've found the answer i want to sincerely apologise for the waste of your time)
TraderTimm
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1121

View Profile
November 29, 2012, 11:44:53 PM

Elliott Wave theory eh?

That's a fun one. Problem is, you have to pick out all of your (a,b,c,i,ii,iii) subjectively and of course -- revisit the chart when they don't work out. That has always been my main problem with it, if you can't stick to a call, then what is the validity of the current one?

Drawing a simple trendline from the August 19th 7.58 low to the October 26th 9.74 low gives a long term line, which when extended, implies a trend level of 10.80 - 10.90

So, I'd only be concerned about a major trend change if that level was violated. Of course, you'd have to keep track where the long term trendline is from day to day, as that value increases linearly.

fortitudinem multis - catenum regit omnia
Spaceman_Spiff
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001

₪``Campaign Manager´´₪

View Profile
November 30, 2012, 12:02:08 AM

Is human nature playing out in patterns, or is the pattern played out in human nature?

It's the same thing, there is only 1 reality, no matter which words you chose to label it.

(After you've found the answer i want to sincerely apologise for the waste of your time)

Three hail marys and you are forgiven my son.
myself (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 30, 2012, 12:37:43 AM

Cheesy

log scale what you asked the second chart was took today and i did manage somehow to move the C point :/ (sry) but the other lines did not got moved since i made the first chart in august, the first chart is from august and the second is from today but on exponential scale

(i risk here to be trolled hard .....)

viperzero

Activity: 301
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 30, 2012, 12:56:58 AM

I think next week will show some upside if 13$ is broken we go up. No graphs.
fishface

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2012, 01:01:54 AM

Cheesy

but the other lines did not got moved since i made the first chart in august

(i risk here to be trolled hard .....)

Is it supposed to be a good thing that you didn't move the other lines? It feels like you are the one trolling... The lines you drawn haven't been accurate thus far, as we should be nearing your "c bottom" by now (nov/dec). Instead we are breaking above $12.
myself (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 30, 2012, 01:10:50 AM

Is it supposed to be a good thing that you didn't move the other lines? It feels like you are the one trolling... The lines you drawn haven't been accurate thus far, as we should be nearing your "c bottom" by now (nov/dec). Instead we are breaking above $12.
look at price dont look at time that pretty obvious since SC do limit how many days in the future you can load

fishface

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2012, 01:24:36 AM

look at price dont look at time that pretty obvious since SC do limit how many days in the future you can load

I look at price everyday and $3-4 is not in the cards my friend. I didnt really understand anything past "look at price don't look at time", the classic wave theorists' mantra. Or isn't it something like "price is approximate, form is paramount, time is least reliable"?  Grin
michaelmclees

Activity: 633
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 30, 2012, 02:47:01 PM

The only way this sort of technical analysis works is if a critical mass... but not too many... people trade on it.  I don't think that is what is happening.  The bulk of people are cashing in and out based on current price, yesterday's price, and their prediction for the price tomorrow... combined with how quickly they need $, minus how long it will take and what fees are going to be absorbed in the process.  That's the whole game right there and it makes all this technical analysis worth nothing, which is why your chart, and everyone else's, save for a few lucky guesses, will be wrong.  Sorry... but you can't predict prices like this...   Undecided
myself (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 04, 2012, 08:16:48 PM

if today we close above 13.10 i was wrong and plain ABC correction remain the alternative

proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
December 04, 2012, 08:52:42 PM

After about a year and half of watching people do these ABC 123 wave analyses I'm pretty confident it's utter horse shit.

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
ajk
Donator

Activity: 447
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 04, 2012, 08:57:12 PM

+1 Im confident that I heard somewhere that the only people making money of tech analysis are the ones that are selling it
myself (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 04, 2012, 09:03:22 PM

the levels are there now is decision time   Grin

byronbb
Legendary

Activity: 1414

HODL OR DIE

View Profile
December 04, 2012, 10:10:58 PM

+1 Im confident that I heard somewhere that the only people making money of tech analysis are the ones that are selling it

Or trading against it when the time is right....

JohnGalt

Activity: 249
Merit: 114

Who is John Galt?

View Profile
December 05, 2012, 06:38:23 AM
Last edit: December 05, 2012, 06:52:00 AM by JohnGalt

Regarding your second graph. The price is still up at B when it should be down at C. Where did you go wrong?

Elliott Wave theory eh?

Why do the call it Elliott Wave Theory? It's not really a theory. At best, it is speculation. Really, it is an textbook example of confirmation bias (look up "Street Light Interference"). It should be called Elliott's Cocaine Hallucination, or Elliott (Wouldn't It Be Great If The Whole Universe Could Be Condensed Into One Simple Equation?) Wave Theory, or Elliott Wave ... Hey There Are Fairies Dancing In My Garden!

Trade physical bitcoins: Economy > Marketplace > Goods > Collectibles
My signing address: 19mzFU4zFrZHkAkHSUta6LapJ6fTFJyhiH
myself (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 05, 2012, 06:52:41 AM

Where did you go wrong?
https://i.imgur.com/bUHUI.png the orange trend line come from 32 top what it was resistance is now support if we go below that can be considered a trow off but i need to go quickly below and with heavy volume

mobodick

View Profile
December 06, 2012, 03:59:24 PM

Regarding your second graph. The price is still up at B when it should be down at C. Where did you go wrong?

Elliott Wave theory eh?

Why do the call it Elliott Wave Theory? It's not really a theory. At best, it is speculation. Really, it is an textbook example of confirmation bias (look up "Street Light Interference"). It should be called Elliott's Cocaine Hallucination, or Elliott (Wouldn't It Be Great If The Whole Universe Could Be Condensed Into One Simple Equation?) Wave Theory, or Elliott Wave ... Hey There Are Fairies Dancing In My Garden!

LOL. had that one night. Cycling along a long street and 4 consecutive street lights went out as i passed them. I was completely spooked.
In my case it would be pretty unlikely for four lights to switch off in such a short time. I susspect either a practical joke or faulty wiring.

But yeah, confirmation bias is real and it messes with what you think is real.
Elliot waves are bias on steroids.
TraderTimm
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1121

View Profile
December 06, 2012, 06:08:21 PM

Elliott Wave theory eh?

LOL. had that one night. Cycling along a long street and 4 consecutive street lights went out as i passed them. I was completely spooked.
In my case it would be pretty unlikely for four lights to switch off in such a short time. I susspect either a practical joke or faulty wiring.

That was my point, essentially. Too subjective to be of any real use.

fortitudinem multis - catenum regit omnia
JohnGalt

Activity: 249
Merit: 114

Who is John Galt?

View Profile
December 07, 2012, 06:47:15 AM

I watched a series of videos on Youtube where a guy was showing how he could turn a porch light on and off by walking underneath it. He did pretty well, although it wasn't perfect. Anyway, I timed the light and found that it turned on for 30 seconds and then off for 60 seconds every time, over and over. I guess he didn't realize that he had trained himself to walk under the light for 30 seconds and then walk away for 60 seconds.

Trade physical bitcoins: Economy > Marketplace > Goods > Collectibles
My signing address: 19mzFU4zFrZHkAkHSUta6LapJ6fTFJyhiH
mobodick

View Profile
December 07, 2012, 02:48:16 PM

I watched a series of videos on Youtube where a guy was showing how he could turn a porch light on and off by walking underneath it. He did pretty well, although it wasn't perfect. Anyway, I timed the light and found that it turned on for 30 seconds and then off for 60 seconds every time, over and over. I guess he didn't realize that he had trained himself to walk under the light for 30 seconds and then walk away for 60 seconds.

Typical, those pesky brains fooling ourselfs...
BTW, i know all this because i produce music as a hobby.
When creating music confirmation bias becomes really, realy apparent.
I don't think there is any serious sound engineer that has not, at some point, tweaked a device, heared the change and then realized the device is not connected.
But that is just one example.
There are tons of examples, and that's just the onses concerning experiencing sound.
All our senses are routed through our predictive parts of the brain before being fed to our consiousness. We usually only experience a change to the world if the change is sufficiently unlike our prediction of how it should be.
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: