Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:03:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Hands On] KeepKey Hardware Wallet - Notlist3d  (Read 7467 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2016, 05:54:10 PM

@notlist3d have you been able to use a passphrase with your KeepKey? The site claims you can add passphrase protection to the seed but I see no way to do it. I just got my KeepKey the other day and am writing up a comparison article to Trezor. KeepKey also claims on reddit that it is now compatible with GreenBits on Android, still trying to get that working also. I have a support ticket open on that one. No passphrase protection is a huge negative for KeepKey.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
notlist3d (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 02:38:32 AM

@notlist3d have you been able to use a passphrase with your KeepKey? The site claims you can add passphrase protection to the seed but I see no way to do it. I just got my KeepKey the other day and am writing up a comparison article to Trezor. KeepKey also claims on reddit that it is now compatible with GreenBits on Android, still trying to get that working also. I have a support ticket open on that one. No passphrase protection is a huge negative for KeepKey.

I still have my KeepKey and love the size and feel of it.   It is a great wallet it feels substantial an my favorite feature is that screen.  This was built on Trezor code so you will see a lot of crossover due to that.

I have not tried passphrase protection, your on right direction on asking KeepKey on that.   They should guide you through it better then me if it is a option.
BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2016, 02:50:43 AM

I still have my KeepKey and love the size and feel of it.   It is a great wallet it feels substantial an my favorite feature is that screen.  This was built on Trezor code so you will see a lot of crossover due to that.

I have not tried passphrase protection, your on right direction on asking KeepKey on that.   They should guide you through it better then me if it is a option.

There are no passphrase protected accounts on KeepKey unless you use it with Electrum confirmed. Using it with the Chrome App you can only use PIN protection.

notlist3d (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 16, 2016, 03:16:46 AM

There are no passphrase protected accounts on KeepKey unless you use it with Electrum confirmed. Using it with the Chrome App you can only use PIN protection.

Thanks for posting your results. I tend to use MultiBit HD a decent amount when using it.  Have you confirmed Greenbits on android?
BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2016, 04:37:57 AM

Thanks for posting your results. I tend to use MultiBit HD a decent amount when using it.  Have you confirmed Greenbits on android?

GreenBits on Android is not working with KeepKey. KeepKey developer told me that GreenAddress is working on the problem as soon as I am able to confirm I can use my KeepKey with my phone I will update.

BitBay*

Activity: 440
Merit: 115

Zonda BTC, LTC , USD Exchange

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2016, 11:08:46 AM
Last edit: August 23, 2016, 06:14:15 PM by BitBay*

Hi Smiley We would like to invite you to participate in the contest. You can win two ‪#‎KeepKey‬ wallets (with a total value of 281 $). Visit us on Bitbay and answer questions below the post with a hashtag #keepkey: goo.gl/nLdCjf
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: