Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 04:51:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is there such a big problem with Satoshi?  (Read 2010 times)
croato

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

1BkEzspSxp2zzHiZTtUZJ6TjEb1hERFdRr

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 11:01:29 AM

I dont think there is big problem with Satoshi at all. Some ppl think he could harm Bitcoin by selling his coins (even we cant tell if he have keys from those addresses) and other are just curious who he is. If you ask me, i would like if we never find out.
enhu
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1018

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 11:09:26 AM

IRS is scary than CIA and FBI combined - Satoshi should really be hiding  Grin

While Satoshi will never go out publicly not just because of the media. The quest to finding him sure will help making Bitcoin known so this can be a good for the BTC economy at the same time.

██████████ BitcoinCleanUp.comDebunking Bitcoin's Energy Use ██████████
██████████                Twitter#EndTheFUD                 ██████████
xuan87
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 11:13:34 AM

well for now bitcoin has been a great deal for everybody,

bitcoin has even been predicted to become one of the global currency that someday can replaced fiat money

this is one of the phenomenal achievement, so i predicted in future, one of the institution will give award to this inventor

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████████████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░
░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░██████░
░░░░░░░██████░░░░░█░░░░░████████░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░░███░░░████░░███░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░██░██░████░░███░░█████░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░██░░█░███░░███░░██████░░
░░░░░░░░░███████░██░█░█░░░███░░██████░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░███░░░███░░░█████░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░██░░████░░░░░░██░░░██████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░████░░░░░██████░░░█████░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
▂▂ ▃▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ TeraWATT █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃▃ ▂▂
Global LED Adoption Through Blockchain Technology
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒『ICO IS LIVE』≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
WEBSITE』『WHITEPAPER
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
TWITTER』『TELEGRAM
HarryKPeters

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 11:16:33 AM

Because people want to know who Satoshi is, and the fact that his identity is unknown increases the mystery and the curiosity that people have.

Add to that the fact that he owns 1 millions bitcoins. He can crash the price instantly.

In the wired article i read that he will not sell before 2020 but after that we will see maybe some very dark times. If 5% of all bitcoins enter the market (he also pledged some of his coins to other parties) it will be quite some blood on the streets.

ConnAlt

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 11:31:56 AM

I think it's because people would like to know who invented the amazing bitcoin. Other than that I don't think he's really relevant.
We're all satoshi, we are the bitcoin users.
BCEmporium
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 11:35:56 AM

No one actually knows how many bitcoins he has, he announced Bitcoin by 9th Jan 2009 at a mailing list, so he was not the only one able to do it from the very beginning. 1,1 million is an estimation, not an actual figure.

██████████████████            ██████████
████████████████              ██████████
██████████████          ▄█   ███████████
████████████         ▄████   ███████████
██████████        ▄███████  ████████████
████████        ▄█████████  ████████████
██████        ▄███████████  ████████████
████       ▄██████████████ █████████████
██      ▄███████████████████████████████
▀        ███████████████████████████████
▄          █████████████████████████████
██▄         ▀███████████████████████████
████▄        ▀██████████████████████████
██████▄        ▀████████████████████████
████████▄        ████████████████▀ █████
██████████▄       ▀█████████████  ██████
████████████▄       ██████████   ███████
██████████████▄      ▀██████    ████████
████████████████▄▄     ███     █████████
███████████████████▄    ▀     ██████████
█████████████████████▄       ███████████
███████████████████████▄   ▄████████████

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|
  TRUE BLOCKCHAIN GAMING PLATFORM 
DECENTRALISED AUTONOMOUS UNIVERSES

HOME PAGE                                                                  WHITE PAPER 
|
readysalted89

Activity: 327
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 11:38:28 AM

IRS is scary than CIA and FBI combined - Satoshi should really be hiding  Grin

While Satoshi will never go out publicly not just because of the media. The quest to finding him sure will help making Bitcoin known so this can be a good for the BTC economy at the same time.

Satoshi left a headline from a British newspaper as a message in the blockchain. If he's British then I don't suppose he has to worry about its version of the IRS because I don't think you can get taxed on Bitcoins in Britain until you sell them for fiat. As far as I know you can hold a million Bitcoins in Britain and it's nothing to do with the tax man unless you sell them.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 11:39:17 AM

I think it's because people would like to know who invented the amazing bitcoin. Other than that I don't think he's really relevant.

they are more worried about the 1M coins, i know the first thing i would ask to satoshi is where are those 1M, if he already dumped at 1200 or they are lost

or maybe a scammer scammed him, and he is now prepared to dump at some point, those info could be important
hunnaryb

Activity: 506

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 11:47:58 AM

they are more worried about the 1M coins, i know the first thing i would ask to satoshi is where are those 1M, if he already dumped at 1200 or they are lost

or maybe a scammer scammed him, and he is now prepared to dump at some point, those info could be important

I thought nonce analysis shows that the likely 1M coins have not been moved, and have not been moved. Very unlikely the market would be able to sustain 1M dump even if you started from $1200

▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

readysalted89

Activity: 327

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 11:48:07 AM

He can't have dumped at 1200 because most of the early Bitcoins mined by Satoshi have never moved from their addresses. If he'd sold them they would have moved when he transferred them to an exchange. People have analysed the early mined coins and worked out which must have been mined by Satoshi, and they have computers scanning the internet that will alert them the second any of those coins move.
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 11:49:16 AM

So this Craig Wright claims to be Satoshi. It has the media and half the bitcoin community up in arms. Why is it such a big deal? The whole point of bitcoin was to have nobody controlling it. Whether or not Craig is Satoshi, why does anybody care? It isn't important to Bitcoin at all. The miners and the people who transact via Bitcoin are more vital to it's survival than finding Satoshi will ever be.

It's true when you say that nothing would change if we would know who Satoshi is.
The mainstream media however doesn't seem to understand what decentralisation really means, or what open source is.
A part of them still seems to think that Bitcoin is controlled by somebody.
Furthermore it's all about sensationalist journalism.And maybe or lets say there are definitely people out there hunting for those 1 million BTC.And to find those you have to find out who Satoshi is.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 11:50:38 AM

I thought nonce analysis shows that the likely 1M coins have not been moved, and have not been moved. Very unlikely the market would be able to sustain 1M dump even if you started from $1200

there is a big portion of the "1M coins" that is not traceable, i mean there is no real way to connect it to satoshi, maybe not all the 1m are moved, but only a portion, big one, like 200k or so, still dangerous

He can't have dumped at 1200 because most of the early Bitcoins mined by Satoshi have never moved from their addresses. If he'd sold them they would have moved when he transferred them to an exchange. People have analysed the early mined coins and worked out which must have been mined by Satoshi, and they have computers scanning the internet that will alert them the second any of those coins move.

not all of them like you've said, there is a big portion that is not connected to satoshi, a portion is missed from this 1M
Snorek
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 12:31:07 PM

this media stories suck because they are reveal the poor journalism that we have.
It is not journalism anymore it's more like storytelling and creating hype without actually checking clues. I feel that journalism nowadays works like this:
'Let's write some fabricated story, agitate the masses and never post any dementi if that turn out to be total bullshit'.
KaChingCoinDev (OP)

Activity: 364

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 01:41:29 PM

this media stories suck because they are reveal the poor journalism that we have.
It is not journalism anymore it's more like storytelling and creating hype without actually checking clues. I feel that journalism nowadays works like this:
'Let's write some fabricated story, agitate the masses and never post any dementi if that turn out to be total bullshit'.

It's sad when main stream media has articles with plainly false information because it sounds good.
bitlancr

Activity: 616

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 01:44:01 PM

People mainly wanna know who it is because he holds a lot of bitcoins or at least people are speculating that he holds this much. He holds enough bitcoins to move the markets, good or bad.
Blawpaw
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1027

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 02:43:32 PM

The problem is that the real satoshi is supposed to be the owner of several wallets with more than a million bitcoins; People are scared that the real satoshi could dump them a kill the game!
tss

Activity: 742

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 03:16:01 PM

there is no problem with satoshi.. only problem is with those that are trying to impersonate him.
Luqman

Activity: 826
Merit: 263

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 03:40:17 PM

Yeah i is a big problem, why? if he dumps his bitcoin over the market right the bitcoin's price will absolutely crash. Satoshi Nakomoto is a big problem
Laila10

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 03:49:13 PM

there is no problem with satoshi.. only problem is with those that are trying to impersonate him.
Because the government wanna ask him the tax.. lol
But satoshi having much bitcoin over his wallet and when he dump those coins would be a big problem isn't it?
AncilVTwo

Activity: 364

View Profile
December 11, 2015, 03:49:30 PM

Satoshi has somewhere around one million coins. If these coins were to be sold on the market, it could crash the price.
yes but think about it. bitcoin is powerful not because of the price but because of what it can do. if the price went down a bit. it wouldnt hurt bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: