Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 02:40:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [bounty] add radiotap headers to orinoco - 50 BTC  (Read 1177 times)
m86 (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 03, 2011, 12:22:14 AM
Last edit: June 07, 2011, 05:23:28 AM by m86

I would be incredibly surprised if this went anywhere, but hey.

The task is fairly simple. Create a patch that adds Radiotap headers by default to the Linux orinoco driver's monitor mode and get it integrated into the mainline kernel driver. The signal and noise levels should be adjusted to provide accurate levels in dBm for ORiNOCO-based devices.

The bounty consists of two parts:
-16.5 BTC for the completion of a patch which will enable Radiotap headers in monitor mode for the orinoco driver.
-33.5 BTC for the integration of above (or later revision) patch for the orinoco driver into the wireless-testing branch (after submitting it to linux-wireless and orinoco-devel for review)

Interested but have no hardware? I will send you a USB ORiNOCO device free of charge if you state your interest in this thread. You will need a USB (B-Type) cable for it, however.

Uninterested because this hardware is ancient and no one uses it anymore? I am unsurprised.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
error

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 03, 2011, 12:30:16 AM

I'm interested. However...

1. I don't have the hardware right now. I have some familiarity with it, and I have a fairly good idea why someone would want one of these devices though. I had one in the past. Smiley
2. Changing the driver would be relatively quick and easy compared to the potentially time consuming process of getting it into the kernel.

I suggest two bounties, one for the working driver, and a second one for its integration into the mainline kernel.

3KzNGwzRZ6SimWuFAgh4TnXzHpruHMZmV8
m86 (OP)

View Profile
May 03, 2011, 12:55:30 AM

Ok, this has been revised into a two part bounty.

The reward for inclusion into wireless-testing is a bit larger as I would really like to see it (finally) get integrated into the kernel.

If you are interested as in 'send me the hardware' interested, send me a PM.
error

View Profile
May 03, 2011, 01:28:24 AM

PM sent.

m86 (OP)

View Profile
June 07, 2011, 05:19:51 AM

.. adding a 'no-one probably cares' bump. The bounty is still valid.  I have, however, halved the bounty to put it it more in line with recent BTC appreciation.
error

View Profile
June 07, 2011, 05:26:05 AM

All the shiny things have been distracting me. I bought a bunch of parts so I could get my mining cards out of my main rig and make a dedicated mining rig, and the new motherboard was DOA. Sheesh. I can't really work on this until that happens. Anyway June's going to be a bit hectic for me, but I'll see what I can do toward this.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: