Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 06:21:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Guide] Dogie's Comprehensive Avalon Avalon6 Setup [HD]  (Read 10957 times)
yxt
Legendary

Activity: 3528
Merit: 1116

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 05:18:48 PM
Last edit: December 17, 2015, 05:37:04 PM by yxt

This is why resellers are a bad idea, they're buying the product exactly the same as you but passing on problems and responsibilities. Buy from the source whenever possible.

generalizing bullshit, maybe you've done it that way when you sold miners.
If one of our customers has a problem we replace the unit asap.
This means with parts from us, no shipping back to china.

EDIT: typo

BTCKano Pool██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██
██
██
██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
   ██

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dogie (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2015, 06:35:01 PM
Last edit: August 31, 2018, 11:03:05 PM by frodocooper

generalizing bullshit, maybe you had acted that way when you sold miners.
If one of our customers has a problem we replace the unit asap.
This means with parts from us, no shipping back to china.

Minersource, one of the biggest of all resellers screwed plenty of people. There were multiple problems with multiple other resellers of Bitmain equipment and problems with the transfer of warranties. There is significant additional risk placed on the end customer for very little benefit. And the fact that your signature advertises 3 companies, two of which don't exist and 1 which doesn't like resellers really doesn't add weight to your argument.

notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 07:04:49 PM
Last edit: August 31, 2018, 11:03:27 PM by frodocooper

Minersource, one of the biggest of all resellers screwed plenty of people. There were multiple problems with multiple other resellers of Bitmain equipment and problems with the transfer of warranties. There is significant additional risk placed on the end customer for very little benefit. And the fact that your signature advertises 3 companies, two of which don't exist and 1 which doesn't like resellers really doesn't add weight to your argument.

They were horrible to deal with. They decided to steal pictures of my SF100 review.  They used it on their site for a profit or gain.... which they never asked permission for.

I actually met the top "brass" i guess at a booth at a convention(while back).  I talked to them saying I wanted it pulled and asked how it even got up there.. it was very very hard they said they did not know how it got up there.  After I pushed they admitted they might get photo's off this forum....

They gave me a card and said they would give me a deal or pull it (don't remember exact it's been a long time).... sounded fair.  They never gave me anything and did not take down photo till they stopped selling item..  Needless to say I don't trust all re-sellers this is part of reason I link direct to companies.  There are some good re-sellers but some are not good at all.
yxt
Legendary

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 07:10:10 PM
Last edit: December 17, 2015, 07:20:15 PM by yxt

...There is significant additional risk placed on the end customer for very little benefit. And the fact that your signature advertises 3 companies, two of which don't exist and 1 which doesn't like resellers really doesn't add weight to your argument.

The signature is old, it only shows that I don't care about an update...
If they don't like us anymore as reseller I am pretty sure Jihan would have told me  Wink

We are longer in the business than all existing producers or other resellers (afaik).
So the opposite of what you say is true, we add a layer of security.

BTW: you link to a overpriced R-Pi2 set, while the R-Pi2 is not even supported atm.

BTCKano Pool██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██
██
██
██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2015, 09:06:24 PM

We are longer in the business than all existing producers or other resellers (afaik).
As was minersource.

you link to an R-Pi2 set, while the R-Pi2 is not even supported atm.
The product in the link changed.

tadsligar

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 09:43:34 PM

You didn't seem concerned that the controller version was blank before.  This is where you are supposed to get your firmware version according to your guide.  So, that tells me something is maybe wrong with it.  So, I tried to reinstall the firmware.  I did it from within the openWRT portal and nothing changed but it seemed to work ok.  Controller version was still blank.

I saw your note where I should just reflash the SD card.  So I tried that, and now I can't even get it to connect to the internet.

I downloaded the one at http://downloads.canaan-creative.com/software/avalon6/openwrt/latest/pi-modelb-v2/openwrt-brcm2708-sdcard-vfat-ext4.img

And then I just wrote that to my SD card.  Was that the right one?

ugh... I hope zoomhash either lets me open up the case or will accept this back and return my money.
dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
December 17, 2015, 09:51:59 PM

I saw your note where I should just reflash the SD card.  So I tried that, and now I can't even get it to connect to the internet.
I don't know what default IP they have set on that image, or if its DHCP as standard. Have a look at your router's DHCP client list, it might have moved.

ugh... I hope zoomhash either lets me open up the case or will accept this back and return my money.
Its less of a case opening and more of a dismantling with 32 screws to get the modules out.

yxt
Legendary

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 10:18:43 PM

As was minersource.
wrong

BTW: you link to a overpriced R-Pi2 set, while the R-Pi2 is not even supported atm.

you link to an R-Pi2 set, while the R-Pi2 is not even supported atm.
The product in the link changed.

To fake quotes is really poor style

BTCKano Pool██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██
██
██
██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
tadsligar

Activity: 10

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 10:34:36 PM
Last edit: August 31, 2018, 11:03:56 PM by frodocooper

I don't know what default IP they have set on that image, or if its DHCP as standard. Have a look at your router's DHCP client list, it might have moved.

I checked my router and it isn't connected.  That's what I meant.  I guess I did it right?  I really have 0 experience with these rpi's.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 04:22:05 AM
Last edit: August 31, 2018, 11:04:22 PM by frodocooper

I checked my router and it isn't connected.  That's what I meant.  I guess I did it right?  I really have 0 experience with these rpi's.

If you're using the image I think of I think it might be a static IP.  Make sure you're using one of the ones that is confirmed at dynamic.

I know there are some out there such as BlockC's that is dynamic IP.  But I would try a image verified as that.
bigredbutton

Activity: 209
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 25, 2015, 01:12:21 AM
Last edit: August 31, 2018, 11:04:40 PM by frodocooper

You didn't seem concerned that the controller version was blank before.  This is where you are supposed to get your firmware version according to your guide.  So, that tells me something is maybe wrong with it.  So, I tried to reinstall the firmware.  I did it from within the openWRT portal and nothing changed but it seemed to work ok.  Controller version was still blank.

I saw your note where I should just reflash the SD card.  So I tried that, and now I can't even get it to connect to the internet.

I downloaded the one at http://downloads.canaan-creative.com/software/avalon6/openwrt/latest/pi-modelb-v2/openwrt-brcm2708-sdcard-vfat-ext4.img

And then I just wrote that to my SD card.  Was that the right one?

I used Win32DiskImager to write "openwrt-brcm2708-sdcard-vfat-ext4.img" to an SD card and inserted it into the Rasp Pi. I connected an HDMI and nothing boots up. The RaspPi turns on but no OS loads up. Am I doing something wrong? Do I need to install the RaspPi OS individually or something now?

I was trying to setup the Avalon to run wireslessly but now I can't even get any OS to boot up.
bigredbutton

Activity: 209
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 25, 2015, 01:52:14 AM

Alright. Problem 1 solved.. Corrupt SD card. Go figure.... Next problem is what command to use? Its not /start x or root or boot.

Openwrt:/
dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2015, 10:11:17 AM

Alright. Problem 1 solved.. Corrupt SD card. Go figure.... Next problem is what command to use? Its not /start x or root or boot.

You're not making a Raspberry Pi that runs a miner, you're forgetting its a Pi and running a miner. That means there probably is no front end if you plug it into a monitor. If you've got to this stage then you can refollow the instructions in the OP of this guide to connect to it and start mining.

brother3

Activity: 980
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 10:52:13 PM
Last edit: August 31, 2018, 11:07:19 PM by frodocooper

Hello gents,

I am a new proud owner of an Avalon 6.  However I can't get it to work for the life of me.  I have spent many days google-ing and experimenting to no avail.  I used to be active in the mining scene a few years back and was able to solo-ming and such.  This ASIC thing is new to me and actually came with no manuals.  Also I am almost certain that this is geared more towards people with Linux knowledge and I always have been a windows user.

My goal is to be able to get this thing going using a windows environment, but if I have to go with learning command lines in Linux... then so be it

The Avalon 6 came with all cables and a Raspberry Pi (I reflashed the SD card with the img at Canaan's website).

I connected all cables and Pi to the Avalon, then connected Ethernet to network.  

I would like to solo mine (SHA256 of course) using the Avalon.  I went into the router and found Avalon's IP, which is 192.168.0.177.  The computer that's running the wallet has IP of 192.168.0.193. The default gateway is 192.168.0.1.  The subnet mask is 255.255.255.0

I am able to log into the Avalon's web interface. A few things that concern me:

1)

Code:
Cgminer's status:
[Firmware Version] => Avalon Firmware - 20151111
luci: b101100
cgminer: b9d9dd2
cgminer-packages: d33729e

Socket connect failed: Connection refused

Is this to be expected if no instance of Cgminer is running?

2)

Here is my wallet config on the local computer.  I have been mining using CPU with with this wallet with no issue (except the cpu is too slow and I can't find a block)

Code:
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcallowip=192.168.0.193
pcuser=1
rpcpassword=1
rpcport=50542
daemon=1
server=1
debug=0
testnet=0

Any help or suggestion is appreciated.  I emailed support a few days back but have yet to receive a reply...

Have a good day!
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 02:20:38 AM
Last edit: August 31, 2018, 11:08:02 PM by frodocooper

Instead of setting up all of that it is going to be much easier to use a pool that allows solo mining.   A popular one is http://solo.ckpool.org/, with it all the work is done and you can use it like a regular pool.

Also some pools like antpool you can select the miner and turn it into solo mode.  So also very easy to use and all the hard work has been done.    I think using a pool like one of these two is going to be far more popular then setting it up yourself.  But if your looking for project you always can set it up yourself.
Bakaminer3380

Activity: 1

View Profile
March 03, 2017, 09:30:07 PM

Hi I have a problem with my avalon 6.

most of my miner have the red light and I dont know why. and some of my miner have the blue and and after couple second they turned to the green light. I try to see If it was a internet connection problem but is not. I did a shotdown one buy one. i restart all my miner on CGminer. Now I don't know what to do. If you can help I will very appreciat it.

THANK YOU !!
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2494

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
March 04, 2017, 12:12:59 AM

For a start, are you using Canaan's controller software on a Raspi?
If so can you use your browser to open the controller GUI? What does it say?

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
Benjy_Bronk

Activity: 37

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 07:44:29 PM
Last edit: June 16, 2017, 01:53:56 PM by Benjy_Bronk

I just purchased an Avalon6. It did not come with the AUC2. Does anyone know where I could get one?
Rabinovitch
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1076

BTCLife.global participant

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 05:40:45 AM

I am interested too. I have asked a question in Avalon3 thread, but please guys experienced in A6 pay attention to that question.

Another question is: can I fix an avalon control unit that became inoperative after MM upgrade (LED is constantly switched off)?

From Siberia with love! Hosting by Rabinovitch!
Fundraising for BOINC Farm
Пpoфeccиoнaльнo зaнимaюcь paзвёpтывaниeм фepм (ASIC, GPU, BURST, STORJ, Filecoin), oбopyдoвaниeм пoмeщeний для мaйнингa.
imteamleader

Activity: 13

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 11:16:43 PM

Hi All,

First post.

So, I am having similar issues with an Avalon 6 I just purchased. I followed Dogie's guide for an Antminer and it was very simple, however the Avalon 6 isn't playing so easily.

I am following the instruction on Canaan's site https://canaan.io/downloads/people/lili/doc/avalon6/AvalonMiner-6-Raspberry-Pi-Configuration-Guide-with-english.pdf

I can't see the Avalon when logged into my router. I'm assuming I need to re-flash the SD card with the firmware, but where do you get the correct download from. I have downloaded everything that looks close from the Canaan support site.

The manual says to use the following links, but they are both dead
Raspberry Pi 2B Firmware:
https://canaan.io/downloads/software/avalon6/openwrt/latest/brcm270
8/bcm2708/openwrt-brcm2708-bcm2708-sdcard-vfat-ext4.img

 Raspberry Pi 2B Firmware:
https://canaan.io/downloads/software/avalon6/openwrt/latest/brcm270
8/bcm2709/openwrt-brcm2708-bcm2709-sdcard-vfat-ext4.img

Does anyone have a firmware file or a link to one that might work, or is there something else I am missing during set up.

Any help would be very much appreciated.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: