Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:15:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Case against Bitcoin OZ  (Read 7125 times)
usagi (OP)
VIP

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 01, 2012, 07:06:24 AM
Last edit: December 02, 2012, 10:57:51 PM by usagi

This post is a public service placeholder to collect any information on BitcoinOZ, as it has now become clear he has misrepresented himself as a Marketing Executive at Coinabul(!!), is lying and worming his way out of his status as a member of the Bitcoin Global board, and has possibly been misrepresenting himself as a Financial Services Professional. I don't think he deserves a scammer tag as I have not suffered any financial loss. However, if you have suffered financial loss as a result of this guy's actions, or if you have any information considering the large number of possible cases he has engaged in, please post that material in this thread. Thank you for your time,

-----

The Case against BitcoinOZ

Contents

1. Who is Bitcoinoz?
2. What did he do?
3. Character Witnessing (opinions/why you should care.) -- please add to this section your opinion. I'm sure lots of people will stand up for him, as he's a well-known member of this community.

-----

1. Who is Bitcoinoz?

David A. Hollis of Victoria, Australia (address withheld) goes by many names. Some of these names include (but are not limited to) noagendamarket and now, bitcoinoz. But you may know him better as the guy who ran BITCOINRS, or as one of the members of the board of Bitcoin Global (GLBSE). As you can tell, he is a member of the community in the strongest sense; he is involved in many businesses and other "schemes" in the community.

As David A. Hollis, he advertises himself as a Marketing Executive for coinabul.com (which has now been shown to be a misrepresentation by Mr. Hollis; see post below by Jay Shore), he runs bitcoin.com.au, a bitcoin blog which he uses to promote coinabul.com and other businesses he is involved in. He also runs the BitcoinMedia Youtube Channel, aliased as "Ozzy Bitcoin". As you can tell, he's a rather involved member of the community. He is not an anonymous troll. He's a well-known community figure and one couldn't be blamed for assuming he had the ear of quite a few people, and a certain modicum of trust among many of us here in the community.

2. What did he do?
Apparently, quite a lot. While outlining each and every bad thing he has done is probably a waste of time, I'd like to point out a small handful of facts which probably warrant action. Maybe not action in the form of a scammer tag, but maybe something like getting fired from coinabul.com or having his reputation knocked down a notch or two.

One. David A. Hollis misappropriates the resources of coinabul.com to troll and defame users on bitcointalk.org.

As mentioned, he runs http://www.youtube.com/user/BitcoinMedia -- on this channel he has published a defamatory video regarding me (and possibly other users). Normally this would not be a problem except that he is a well-known public figure, and for the fact that the contact information on this channel is listed as "coinabul.com" and the coinabul twitter page (which I therefore assume he runs).

This is a blatant mis-appropriation of company resources. I have been led to believe that coinabul.com supports his defamatory message against me. I assure you that I do not appreciate this in the strongest possible sense, and that I cannot say anything further regarding that video and it's apparent promotion by coinabul.com because I do not believe this is the correct venue for fully expressing that complaint.

NOTE: Coinabul has nothing to do with David Hollis -- Mr. Hollis only worked for Coinabul for a few short weeks over a year ago, as an unpaid intern. Secondly all links now appear to have been removed. So I have struck the above paragraphs.

Two. David A. Hollis has said untrue and damaging lies against me:

Although I am not a court of law or a lawyer, I will present evidence now that I believe shows:
a) David A. Hollis set out to intentionally deceive people;
b) for the sole purpose of financial gain
c) and to damage an individual

1. My evidence that David A. Hollis set out to intentionally deceive people for the purpose of financial gain.

One of the first questions when dealing with libel or slander is what kind it is, and what the damages are. In many cases the advice is to ignore it if damages cannot be shown. However, in cases of malicious criminal libel, which is a special type of fraud in U.S. law, damages are assumed. But in a case where damages can be shown they should be. In this case, Mr. Hollis has set out to escape his obligation as an operator of BITCOINRS to recognize shares owned by NYAN:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=113708.msg1359710#msg1359710
"Im sure the other shareholders will be more than happy with your donation of 2000 shares since you just offered to not accept them. "

The intentional deception here was that I had not, in fact, offered to donate them, and I still require them to be returned to CPA in the future (once I get the list of shareholders for NYAN).

2. My evidence that David A. Hollis set out to intentionally deceive people for the sole purpose of damaging another individual

Although I cannot speculate precisely why he has enganed in a smear campaign against me, it is easy to show that his comments were damaging because I believe the type of comments he issued fall under the category of malicious criminal libel, which (again) is a special type of law in US law where damages are assumed. Malicious criminal libel is what it is called when you accuse someone of committing a crime which they did not commit for the purpose of issuing libel or slander.

The following quotes are material evidence that BitcoinOZ has accused me of committing a crime for the sole purpose of damaging me:

a) from https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=113708.msg1361438#msg1361438
-- "I believe the company has obligations exceeding its assets and therefore should appoint a liquidator."
(establishment of the requirement that he is acting on belief and without evidence)

-- "People say...CPA is no different...both made up companies...not a damn thing I could do about either company. You are no (censored) different..." (establishment of the fact he knew the charges against me were false, and was basing what he said on public opinion)

-- "Theres no way in hell Im going to become an accessory to your crime here..."
(establishment that he has accused me of committing a crime)

-- "Anything else is knowingly committing a criminal act."
(repetition confirming intent)

b) I refuted his statements in a response to that post in the same thread.
Therefore Mr. Hollis was made aware of his error, or was given a chance to provide proof of his claims. Instead of doing so, he continued on in full knowledge that I contested his claims and that he did not actually have any proof...

c) ...as shown in the several following instances where he has accused me of committing a crime in that and in other threads which I will not show (ex. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=113708.msg1362875#msg1362875).

It's not necessary to display each and every instance, just the above will suffice (for now). Again this isn't really a court, although I don't need a flood of evidence for that either given what I have already shown.

3. Character Witnessing
Why should you care?

You should care because David A. Hollis is abusing his position and his status as a community member to lie and obfuscate the truth; he expects people to believe him because he is a well-known community member and not because he has provided any evidence. I believe it is dangerous to do so.

Although he is well-known as a member of the board of directors of Bitcoin Global, and was directly responsible for voting involving financial matters of the company, he has publicly denied being anything other than a shareholder (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=128065.msg1361722#msg1361722). In that linked thread he has misrepresented himself as being merely a shareholder. It seems obvious this was done to try and limit his legal liability (which is probably unlimited).

This isn't a single instance; he has repeated this many times. ex. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=128065.msg1361923#msg1361923 where he stated, "I owned bitcoinglobal shares on glbse and went to shareholder meetings. I also own telstra shares in Australia and go to the annual general shareholder meeting. Exactly what different level of liability does that imply Im not aware of ?".

However, the truth is a little different; as stated, he was a member of Bitcoin Global, a title which carried several obligations and duties. One of which was voting on the direction of the company from major moves like GLBSE going legit (which was an announced motion at a meeting he was present at), to both major and minor financial decisions of the company.
So it appears as if David Hollis is dishonest and is willing to lie to avoid possible jail time. In many developed countries including Australia, this is in and of itself a crime.

David A. Hollis breaks his word on business contracts, and obfuscates and lies to get out of his obligations.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=128065.msg1362184#msg1362184
In this message I outline how BitcoinOZ made an agreement with me to transfer ownership of shares, and then backed out of it. Although he didn't break any laws in that message really I suspect that his smear campaign is an attempt to both get out of keeping his word to me in PM, and also to shift some of the blame to my own companies (and others). For example in https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=128065.msg1361960#msg1361960 he says "
If GLBSE is a partnership so is cognitive,nasty mining,CPA and every other stock on glbse". He repeatedly mentions my name and company in his own defense, as if I had anything to do with his possible legal problems with GLBSE. It's kind of weird but that's the only reason I can think why he is doing this.

For example he has said "Usagi was on Nefario's secret panel to approve glbse assets. They had more access to him than the shareholders did.....". This is a blatant lie, and he knows it! IIRC it was even mentioned at a shareholder meeting! I offered to set up a public panel of community members to take the control away from Nefario on issues like banning Kludge and Goat, the Diablo-D3/DMC case and others. However Nefario never listened to any of my advice and did not give me control or ownership of anything. The panel was then immediately disbanded. Nobody would have ever thought it was secret either, as I made several posts about it and talked to a lot of asset issuers -- anyone I could find. Probably including our Mr. Hollis. I probably have the logs somewhere.

You should care because David. A. Hollis is a hypocrite. He has repeatedly stated (for example) that CPA is insolvent. He has been asked to stop. He has justified these ridiculous statements by saying "If CPA is solvent you shouldnt need to sell personal property to cover its loans.". This is disingenuous and irreverent on many levels; First, the loans in question were backed by a personal guarantee. Thus it is wrong of me to wait until we have the CPA shareholder lists before the loans are paid; I should pay the loans myself as I advertised personal responsibility on the loans, and then get the money back from CPA myself when all is said and done, fairly.

He has also claimed that if I am unable to show proper financial records I am insolvent and/or fraudulent. This is an odd claim, but it is also hypocritital. As a member of the board of Bitcoin Global, noagendamarket is on record giving Nefario carte blanche to buy any laptop he wants and then to have GLBSE pay for 50% of it's cost. Now, that isn't a crime and is certainly legal. But what I find odd and hypocritical is that this does not appear to ever be mentioned again anywhere in the Bitcoin Global financial records -- there is no reciept, there is no follow up in a shareholder meeting -- nothing. How then can Mr. Hollis accuse me of being insolvent/fraudulent "because I do not keep proper accounting records", when he does not keep proper accounting records himself? And no, this is not an "admission" I did not keep "proper accounting records". I've offered to show the CSV files and explain any transactions in them several times in the past. My own companies have nothing to do with it, obviously!

4. You should care because David A. Hollis intentionally covered up a crime involving a ponzi scheme on GLBSE and on the forums. Out of respect for the possible legal proceedings against the individual in question I cannot name any names, so don't ask. Let's just understand two things: David A. Hollis, in full knowledge that two separate crimes were taking place (a theft and a ponzi scheme) and with knowledge of the individuals involved:
a) allowed this ponzi scheme to operate on the lending forum of bitcointalk.org
b) covered up the theft and ponzi scheme for his own personal financial gain and to avoid trouble with the law.
AGAIN and I cannot make this clear enough, out of respect for possible legal proceedings which may be an issue, I cannot reveal anything further about this. If you would like me to do so, all you have to do is call me to testify in said legal proceedings. But I will say this, it's bloody unlikely to happen as I have no special information that 20 other people closer to this issue have, so yeah, don't bother asking.

5. You should care because David A. Hollis could do the same thing to you if he decides he doesn't like you. Some of the other cases where he has lied about me in order to defame me, are when he accused me of scamming or creating preferential shares because I sold a single to pay off the CPA loans.

The problem with this is that he was informed that I had a legal claim on the single. Further to this point, those of you who remember the BMF motion to allow BMF to buy hardware will remember that I had offered to donate the mining from my own personal single to BMF, to help the company. This single was, in fact, the one I sold. It was never BMF property. It was sold because I had a full and legal right to do so to cover my personal obligation on CPA loans.

When informed of the fact of my legal claim, he merely repeated that I had committed a scam/fraud. This is in line with everything else mentioned in this report.

He has also posted defamatory videos of me on the internet, which he knows to be false and misrepresentation of me and my character. For example, the video describes me as doing certain styles of martial arts which I do not do, or engaging in things I do not do; these are clear misrepresentations.

But beyond that, I believe that David A. Hollis is a disgrace to this community, and maybe -- just maybe -- should be preemptively labled with a scammer tag in recognition of the extreme misappropriation of his position he has engaged in on many fronts, not limited to a libelous and defamatory campaign against me for financial gain, or to escape possible criminal liablity with gas-lighting, outrageous lies, and mis-characterizations of himself and others.

In short, you should care because, as he is a prominent member of this community, I cannot idly stand by and watch him lie and manipulate people and abuse his position to gaslight and to obfuscate the truth. it's people like David A. Hollis who are destroying this community, and I say **** that. And I say **** David A. "BitcoinOZ" Hollis. I've really had enough of his sh** personally. I can't keep up with the massive smear campaign he is a party to. I just want to be left alone, so I thought I would show how little credibility this jerk really has. I wouldn't want someone thinking he was someone who could be trusted.

I mean, I trusted him myself. As the operator of NYAN I trusted him because he was a member of the community and I bought 2,000 shares of his company BITCOINRS because I believed he was an honest person and a good businessman because of his reputation. I screwed up. If I could go back I wouldnt' have bought those shares. I had no idea he would turn on me like this, try to screw me over like this. You have been warned.

A final thought. A lot of people have said I am a scammer just because I use different names on different forums, or that I have used different names here. Well I've never tried to hide that or hide myself and basically stuck to the same two names, Serena and Usagi. BTW, Serena is an English name and Usagi is a Japanese name. I just wanted English people to feel more comfortable in dealings with me. Lots of Chinese and Japanese use an English first name. So I am sorry if you feel this is scummy but it was not my intention to decieve. However, I would like to point out that after GLBSE shut down and rumors of the board members being scam artists started to fly around, BitcoinOZ used his status as a donator to have his name changed on the forums. That's right. he changed his name on the forums so people would not associate him with his former identity. That is something way way worse that I did -- he actually is using a different name now to hide who he was and what he did in the past. So yeah.

-----

ADDENDUM: David Hollis advertises himself as a "... Financial Services Professional" on linkedin, and advertises himself as a Marketing Executive of Coinabul. These claims have now been proven false in a post by Jay Shore below.

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/david-hollis/3b/6a3/880

I do not know if he really is a financial services professional however given his misrepresentation that he is or ever was an Executive at Coiniabul I doubt it. Please note that it is a crime to misrepresent yourself as a financial services professional in the USA and Canada and likely Australia. It is illegal to call yourself a financial services professional or offer any kind of investment advice whatsoever unless you are accredited. The defining acts being to do with "advice" and "investment" and "financial services" and nothing to do with how such things are denominated, i.e. baseball cards and bitcoins are both under that umbrella. I would propose Mr. Hollis to show us his accreditation as a financial services professional. If he is lying about his job experience as an Executive on a resume that might not in and of itself be a crime, but if he is lying about having professional accreditation from a sanctioned governing body, that is in fact a crime.

------

Edit: The links to coinabul.com have now been removed.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
repentance

Activity: 868

View Profile
December 01, 2012, 07:50:47 AM

Since you maintain that the Oliver Richman song is defamatory, you should have no problem pointing us to the court ruling which found that to be the case - after all, you've had 9 years in which to pursue legal action against its composer.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
usagi (OP)
VIP

View Profile
December 01, 2012, 07:59:09 AM
Last edit: December 01, 2012, 12:16:21 PM by usagi

Since you maintain that the Oliver Richman song is defamatory, you should have no problem pointing us to the court ruling which found that to be the case - after all, you've had 9 years in which to pursue legal action against its composer.

For one? okay...

pre·ten·tious/priˈtenCHəs/
Adjective:   
Attempting to impress by affecting greater importance, talent, culture, etc., than is actually possessed.

I had done martial arts, everything from Judo to Shaolin to Aikido to Tai Chi, for over 20 years. I've studied with some well-known people in said circles, I'm published and I have been invited to judge at major international tournaments. Those are facts. There's no question that a song which calls me pretentious, etc. is defamatory. In short, I don't need a court of law to show that someone claiming I have no credentials is defamatory. It is, in fact, defamatory.

It's also ironic, as Mr. Hollis represents himself as a "Financial Services Professional" and a "Marketing Executive at Coinabul". Is he really? For one, he was an unpaid intern at Coinabul more than a year ago and was only there for a few short weeks (see below). So he wasn't any kind of executive, ever. Second point. He took the exam and is a registered Financial Services Professional in Australia? Where's his certificate? So let me get this straight, Mr. Hollis is sitting there calling me pretentious when the truth is it's him who is misrepresenting his experience and credentials? That's a big laugh.

As for the composer, I'm honestly surprised you cherrypicked the song out of the OP. That is surprising given everything else that was said. But as for the composer, the guy said he didn't do martial arts and didn't want to learn, so he has just as much right and credibility calling me pretentious as BitcoinOZ does.
Coinabul

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Coinabul - Gold Unbarred

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2012, 11:35:27 AM

Usagi,

I just wanted to correct a couple inaccuracies with your post, as it was brought to my attention by a user on the #bitcoin IRC channel. Dave Hollis is in no way employed by Coinabul, nor do we associate with Dave in any context marketing or otherwise. The only capacity in which Dave was ever affiliated with Coinabul was during a short few-week period over a year ago some months prior to our public launch during beta testing. Dave was a totally unpaid intern under the direction of my President of Marketing before he was let go for a variety of reasons. His accounts were deactivated, and we have not kept in touch since.

When I saw this topic, I immediately left him a message instructing him to remove any and all links to Coinabul from his personal accounts- we do not condone ANY of his behavior whatsoever, and he has zero involvement with Coinabul in an official capacity or otherwise. As a major Bitcoin business we are linked to and promoted by a wide variety of sites and users but do not endorse any of the opinions of our fans unless explicitly stated by us.

Jay Shore
President and CEO, Coinabul.com

David A. Hollis of Victoria, Australia (address withheld) goes by many names. Some of these names include (but are not limited to) noagendamarket and now, bitcoinoz. As David A. Hollis he is a Marketing Executive of coinabul.com.

As David A. Hollis, the Marketing Executive of coinabul.com, he runs bitcoin.com.au, a bitcoin blog which he uses to promote coinabul.com and other businesses he is involved in.

One. David A. Hollis misappropriates the resources of coinabul.com to troll and defame users on bitcointalk.org.

As mentioned, he runs http://www.youtube.com/user/BitcoinMedia -- on this channel he has published a defamatory video regarding me (and possibly other users). Normally this would not be a problem except that he is a well-known public figure, and for the fact that the contact information on this channel is listed as "coinabul.com" and the coinabul twitter page (which I therefore assume he runs).

This is a blatant mis-appropriation of company resources. I have been led to believe that coinabul.com supports his defamatory message against me. I assure you that I do not appreciate this in the strongest possible sense, and that I cannot say anything further regarding that video and it's apparent promotion by coinabul.com because I do not believe this is the correct venue for fully expressing that complaint.

Edit: The links to coinabul.com now appear to have been removed and there is no direct link between bitcoinoz and coinabul.com on the youtube channel or anywhere else.... (!!!!!) I originally was sent there from this link in this post:

Coinabul.com - Gold Unbarred
Website owners, let me put my ads on your site! PM me!
usagi (OP)
VIP

View Profile
December 01, 2012, 11:40:32 AM
Last edit: December 01, 2012, 11:56:33 AM by usagi

Usagi,

I just wanted to correct a couple inaccuracies with your post, as it was brought to my attention by a user on the #bitcoin IRC channel. Dave Hollis is in no way employed by Coinabul, nor do we associate with Dave in any context marketing or otherwise. The only capacity in which Dave was ever affiliated with Coinabul was during a short few-week period over a year ago some months prior to our public launch during beta testing. Dave was a totally unpaid intern under the direction of my President of Marketing before he was let go for a variety of reasons. His accounts were deactivated, and we have not kept in touch since.

When I saw this topic, I immediately left him a message instructing him to remove any and all links to Coinabul from his personal accounts- we do not condone ANY of his behavior whatsoever, and he has zero involvement with Coinabul in an official capacity or otherwise. As a major Bitcoin business we are linked to and promoted by a wide variety of sites and users but do not endorse any of the opinions of our fans unless explicitly stated by us.

Jay Shore
President and CEO, Coinabul.com

Thank you. I KNEW (strongly suspected) that this was an independant action on his part and that Coinabul did not condone this. I actually have a lot of respect for you guys because I am a gold bug (silver bug!) myself. Which is why I was so surprised to see the link. I will also make that a little more clear than it was in the OP.

I do however remain surprised and mystified that he advertises himself as a marketing executive at coinabul on his linkedin page (http://www.linkedin.com/pub/david-hollis/3b/6a3/880)

Perhaps it is merely out of date and the error was on my end? Then again, as he never was an executive and merely an unpaid intern that is still really weird.
Jim Rockford

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 01, 2012, 12:38:45 PM

This post is a public service placeholder to collect any information on BitcoinOZ.....

At least he's not a vampire.
vampire

Activity: 574

View Profile
December 01, 2012, 12:52:26 PM

This post is a public service placeholder to collect any information on BitcoinOZ.....

At least he's not a vampire.

Usagi, post your public information first. What's your name Olivier? Serena.

BitcoinINV

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 01, 2012, 03:59:33 PM

Your certain they are the exact same person? Sounds kinda like the Miami zombie attack lol

BitcoinINV

View Profile
December 01, 2012, 11:10:14 PM

Dude is that really you in the news article? I don't care either way, but since it came up I am just curious. I am sure if I did not ask someone else would lol.

Deprived

Activity: 532

View Profile
December 01, 2012, 11:16:10 PM

For one? okay...

pre·ten·tious/priˈtenCHəs/
Adjective:   
Attempting to impress by affecting greater importance, talent, culture, etc., than is actually possessed.

I had done martial arts, everything from Judo to Shaolin to Aikido to Tai Chi, for over 20 years. I've studied with some well-known people in said circles, I'm published and I have been invited to judge at major international tournaments. Those are facts. There's no question that a song which calls me pretentious, etc. is defamatory.

As usual your logic is terrible.

Unless you're the most important person in a field it's possible to claim to be more important that you actually are.
Unless you have so much talent it's impossible to be more talented it's possible to claim to be more talented than you actually are.

Arguing that because you have some (any non-infinite amount in fact) importance/talent/whatever you can't possibly be pretentious is a totally illogical statement.  That you actually made the claim I quote is, in fact a classic example of being pretentious.  You are arguing that you are SO important/talented etc that it's impossible for you to be pretentious as your abilities are so great that they can't be exaggerated.  And that is precisely what is described by the definition of pretentious that you quoted.

NOONE is SO great that it is impossible to claim they are better than they actually are.

Nice job quoting a definition then making a ridiculous claim that actually proves the point you were attempting to disprove.
repentance

Activity: 868

View Profile
December 01, 2012, 11:33:00 PM

Deprived trying to stir up the subject of this thread with irrelevant statements...

Et tu.  Your "convicted murder" statements are also irrelevant to the subject of this thread.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
BitcoinINV

View Profile
December 01, 2012, 11:55:04 PM

If he did do it I think he learned his lesson, cause he has not done it since. That was over 20 years ago, and he may have regret for his actions and has obviously learned from them. So I agree it should be about the business dealings.

augustocroppo
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
December 02, 2012, 12:07:32 AM

If he did do it I think he learned his lesson, cause he has not done it since. That was over 20 years ago, and he may have regret for his actions and has obviously learned from them. So I agree it should be about the business dealings.

I indeed believe someone can regret a mistake. If I ask someone to straightly deny certain evidence and the answer is "I do not deny the evidence, but I am regretful of that action. I have learned a lesson.", I would trust completely in that person. Otherwise, If I ask someone to straightly deny certain evidence and an answer is not provided, I would  become suspicious of that person and not trust him/her.
usagi (OP)
VIP

View Profile
December 02, 2012, 02:34:35 AM

I believe you need to get your facts straight.

As more you refuse to answer, more you agree with the evidence.

Do you deny to be the convicted murder David Albain Hollis?

Irrelevent.

The entire point of this thread is a witness to your character. Why? Because as I have shown I believe you are falsely accusing me of committing several crimes, you have denied or ignored requests to stop, and the forum mods here are not willing to perform what has become a clear obligation out of what appears to be six of malice and a half dozen of apathy.

I cannot stand idly by and allow you to accuse me of committing a crime (which is in and of itself a serious offense). Do you understand now why it has become relevant if you are a convicted murderer or not?

Unfortunately for you, you are not an anonymous jerk on tormail who says illogical things like "usagi is also known as renli, therefore SCAMMER". We have to live in a world where people may hate us for our past. On rec.martial-arts I stood up for what I believed in. I wasn't always right but I had good intentions and I believe I was unique in my field because I was one of a very few people who put the work in to try and figure out what tai chi was about. I considered myself a sort of scientist or explorer, testing old claims. Let's just say, I believe I was able to inform my final conclusions regarding Tai Chi. I doubt you would be interested in the story. I merely mention it to say that if your past is going to haunt you... make it for something you believed in and something you wanted to stand up for. In that sense, in a way, I don't mind the trolls. Even the anonymous tormail trolls who lie about me.

But I didn't get drunk, take a knife, and make animal noises while stabbing and killing innocent people.

In 1992, the Sunday Morning Herald published a quote by David A. Hollis in an article entitled "Unstable Killer Jailed":

"I know it is hard to believe, but to all those people I hurt, I just want to say I am sorry. It really was such a terrible thing to do."

I am one of the few people who can actually have empathy for someone who was in such a position. So please. Don't make this any worse. Please just admit what you did, if you did it, and leave me alone -- stop lying about me, stop accusing me of committing crimes, in short order change your character, because the developing story is that your character stinks.
usagi (OP)
VIP

View Profile
December 02, 2012, 02:42:18 AM

http://pastebin.com/rqWiXQ8d

In this pm usagi admitted to having access to bitcoinglobal meeting logs.

Please stop lying about me. I said, as you quoted:
<usagi> I have access to the financial documents of bitcoin global from that time.
<usagi> I don't see anything about a laptop.

As a matter of fact the financial records were sent to me by Theymos in PM. Why? Because they were sent to all people who were bidding on Theymos's shares. When I saw the financial records from GLBSE that he sent me, and GLBSE shut down, I pulled my bid. So that is how I got the financial records from that time. That makes what I said very very easily provable because so many people outside Bitcoin Global have access to that information. Out of respect for Theymos I will not publish the documents.

Second, this is not helping you. Are you really:

a) telling us where the evidence of your wrongdoing is (in the bitcoin meeting logs, which I had never mentioned as the source of my information)
b) accusing me of having that information?

I mean what? How does that help your case here at all?
usagi (OP)
VIP

View Profile
December 02, 2012, 02:52:29 AM

Evidence of what?

I dont owe you a damn thing. In fact I owe nothing to anybody nor have I stolen any bitcoins which is kinda the point of a scammer accusation.

Evidence of an convicted murder which did not care to stab seven people because a dog barked loudly next door.

I would certainly not trust a person like that.

The person didnt get convicted of murder because they have mental health issues. They were also a juvenile at the time.

Did you ever do something decades ago you're not proud of ?

http://www.animalnoises.com.au/animal-noises-articles/1992/11/28/unstable-killer-jailed/
"David Albain Hollis, 20, allegedly roamed around Meadowbank in August last year, making animal noises as he stabbed people. According to medical evidence, his mind was abnormal."

FWIW. Yes, I did things in my life I was not proud of. I've even lied about my age, as you appear to have just done. And yes, my past follows me, as you yourself have attempted to shove down my throat.

But I wish to make a statement, sir. In my past, I stood up for what I believed in. I said what I felt was right. Okay, maybe I was wrong. I grew up a little and I can admit that now. But if now, 10-15 years after the fact, I have to put up with anonymous tormail garbage saying things like 'usagi also used the name renli in the past therefore he is a scammer', then I am willing to live with that because I had good intentions and I didn't actually wrong anyone. And hey, the truth is, I paid my dues in the martial arts community. When someone puts in the time, be it piano playing, martial arts, chess, an olympic sport, whatever -- I believe one should "respect the uniform if not the man". So why don't you just let it be?

It's a sad comment that some people are so mentally deranged they would take something like the tormail letter or whatever, and try to use it as evidence in a smear campaign against me. Or something like that catchy song you keep posting. But that is life. I accept my past. Do you accept your past?

Tell you what. If you apologize to me about what you have said, if you admit that you were making mere accusations, that you had no evidence, etc. then I will forgive you. Immediately. I give you my word and stake my reputation on that promise.
usagi (OP)
VIP

View Profile
December 02, 2012, 03:05:30 AM

Evidence of what?

I dont owe you a damn thing. In fact I owe nothing to anybody nor have I stolen any bitcoins which is kinda the point of a scammer accusation.

Evidence of an convicted murder which did not care to stab seven people because a dog barked loudly next door.

The person didnt get convicted of murder because they have mental health issues. They were also a juvenile at the time.

http://www.animalnoises.com.au/animal-noises-articles/1992/11/28/unstable-killer-jailed/
"David Albain Hollis, 20, allegedly roamed around Meadowbank in August last year, making animal noises as he stabbed people. According to medical evidence, his mind was abnormal."

FWIW. Yes, I did things in my life I was not proud of. I've even lied about my age, as you appear to have just done. And yes, my past follows me, as you yourself have attempted to shove down my throat.

But I wish to make a statement, sir. In my past, I stood up for what I believed in. I said what I felt was right. Okay, maybe I was wrong. I grew up a little and I can admit that now. But if now, 10-15 years after the fact, I have to put up with anonymous tormail garbage saying things like 'usagi also used the name renli in the past therefore he is a scammer', then I am willing to live with that because I had good intentions and I didn't actually wrong anyone. And hey, the truth is, I paid my dues in the martial arts community. When someone puts in the time, be it piano playing, martial arts, chess, an olympic sport, whatever -- I believe one should "respect the uniform if not the man". So why don't you just let it be?

It's a sad comment that some people are so mentally deranged they would take something like the tormail letter or whatever, and try to use it as evidence in a smear campaign against me. Or something like that catchy song you keep posting. But that is life. I accept my past. Do you accept your past?

Tell you what. If you apologize to me about what you have said, if you admit that you were just accusing me of a crime, that you had no evidence, etc. then I will forgive you. Immediately.

fwiw I was 18 in 1992. Should I post my birth certificate to prove it ?

I don't really care, I just want an apology and I want the smear campaign to stop. If you admit that you don't actually have any evidence that (for example):

a) CPA is/was ever insolvent *(do you have the financial records?),
b) I have created preferential shares of CPA / I have scammed shareholders of CPA or BMF by selling a single *(do you have proof that BMF or CPA had clear ownership that single, or do you have material evidence disputing the statement it was personally owned?)
c) any other instance such as where you called the existance of the CPA liquidity loans into question

If you can just give me an apology for what you said and then stop, I won't have any complaint here, I will forgive you, and will not pursue this matter any further in any regard. I really do not want to be in this thread right now so let's just close it okay?
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2012, 10:16:24 AM
Last edit: December 02, 2012, 05:11:00 PM by BadBear

Evidence of what?

Tell you what. If you apologize to me about what you have said, if you admit that you were just accusing me of a crime, that you had no evidence, etc. then I will forgive you. Immediately.

fwiw I was 18 in 1992. Should I post my birth certificate to prove it ?

I don't really care, I just want an apology and I want the smear campaign to stop. If you admit that you don't actually have any evidence that (for example):

b) I have created preferential shares of CPA / I have scammed shareholders of CPA or BMF by selling a single *(do you have proof that BMF or CPA had clear ownership that single, or do you have material evidence disputing the statement it was personally owned?)
c) any other instance such as where you called the existance of the CPA liquidity loans into question

If you can just give me an apology for what you said and then stop, I won't have any complaint here, I will forgive you, and will not pursue this matter any further in any regard. I really do not want to be in this thread right now so let's just close it okay?

You must be getting pretty desperate to resort to blackmail. Someone getting a little too close?

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
Deprived

View Profile
December 02, 2012, 11:11:18 AM

You've got the burden of evidence wrong here.

You're accusing HIM of scamming here.

If you want to claim he lied when (if) he said CPA was insolvent then guess what?  You need to prove CPA ISN'T insolvent.  It's for you to lay out your case first - not for him to defend himself before you've given any evidence that he was lieing.

That is, after all, why you locked your thread accusing me (and others) of lieing is it not?  Because to proceed you'd have to:

1) Commit to a single set of lies - e.g. explaining how you acted in the interest of BMF investors both when you entered into the insurance contract AND when you chose not to claim on it.
2) Commit to those lies in advance of finding out precisely what evidence I had showing them to be lies.

Point 2) is, of course, also why you keep asking for everyone to lay out all their evidence clearly - so you know which bits you can safely lie about and which you have to tell the truth on.  Plus you've likely by now realised there's NO account you can give which would show you acting on BMF's behalf in BMF's interest throughout that sorry episode.

You attempted to argue the accusation against you of being pretentious was logically wrong - in the process showing a text-book example of pretention (paraphrased you said "I can't be pretentious because I'm THIS good so it would be impossible for me to exaggerate my worth and be pretentious.").  And that argument (by you) demonstrates clearly your main failing - that you have a delusional belief that your own ability is SO high that anything you do MUST be right as YOU did it and you're great therefore any claims against you MUST be wrong as they're made by lesser beings (according to the other thread we should revere you).

Your company reports regularly followed the same pattern : "We lost some more money.  It was someone else's fault.  I'm a great manager and I run great companies."  At some point in your life you need to wake up and realise that when everything around you keeps going wrong it might, just occasionally, be YOUR fault.
usagi (OP)
VIP

View Profile
December 02, 2012, 04:24:28 PM

You've got the burden of evidence wrong here.

You're accusing HIM of scamming here.

If you want to claim he lied when (if) he said CPA was insolvent then guess what?  You need to prove CPA ISN'T insolvent.  It's for you to lay out your case first - not for him to defend himself before you've given any evidence that he was lieing.

"Burden of proof refers most generally to the obligation of a party to prove its allegations at trial." -http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legal_burden_of_proof

If BitcoinOZ has evidence of a crime, he should probably go to the police.
usagi (OP)
VIP

View Profile
December 02, 2012, 04:36:43 PM

Quote from: usagi

You and augustocroppo must be getting pretty desperate to resort to blackmail. Someone getting a little too close?

"In common usage, blackmail is a crime involving unjustified threats to make a gain or cause loss to another unless a demand is met."

You just accused me of committing a crime. I therefore request a formal apology. Do you see how this works? It is not blackmail. Look it up. You accuse me of a crime... I ask for an apology... and so on. This is how it's done. That isn't blackmail. Please see (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legal_threat) specifically the following (which of course is just a non-official opinion, but is still interesting in light of the general level of legal knowledge you've presented here):

Effect of legal threat

For the most part a legal threat is of no legal significance other than a matter of negotiation tactics; however, in certain instances a legal threat does have some legal significance. Among other things a legal threat may do the following:

-- Establish notice - the party receiving the threat, and the party making the threat, are "on notice" of the circumstances and cannot later claim they were unaware.
-- Constitute extortion, blackmail, or some other crime or tort involving improper threats of harm: for example, it is considered unethical, and in some cases a crime, to threaten to report criminal conduct to the police unless a settlement is reached.
-- In some circumstances, a claim (veiled or not) that a party will take action based on alleged violation of the law gives rise to a right by the receiving party to bring an action for declaratory judgment that it has not broken the law: for example, if the holder of a trademark claims that a party is infringing a trademark, that party may bring suit asking a court to declare that there is in fact no infringement.

In particular to the above, (1) I have asked people to stop. (2) I have not threatened to report any criminal conduct. I assure you that all criminal conduct I am aware of is, will be, or has been disclosed to the proper authorities. There is no condition on this; Some people here are in serious hot water right now. Don't doubt that for a second Mr. Bear. (3) In line with what Deprived said; I am now free to bring suit against anyone to show that I am not, in fact, insolvent. Among other charges laid against me in these forums.

However, I have not said I will do so. No legal threat has been made -- not even a veiled legal threat such as mentioning a referral to council, or a cease and desist letter, for example. I've said nothing. Feel free to quote me on this. And yes I realize I am going up against a global moderator here. Which is what makes this case particularly important for both parties; you should quote me and explain why you believe I resorted to blackmail, or you should apologize. That is nothing but a personal request at this stage -- and I hope you do not treat it as irreverently as you have done my previous requests for you to stop making such statements. Do you see how this works now? You accuse me of something, I'm going to have to first ask you to apologize. You are being notified that what you are doing is not proper.

In addition to their legal significance, legal threats may create a number of practical results:

-- Intimidating a party into acquiescing to the demand, whether or not there is a legal basis for it, out of fear of litigation expense, negative publicity, loss of entitlement (e.g. losing a business license), or other negative consequence
-- Alerting a party to illegal conduct it was unaware of, or that it did not realize was illegal or objectionable
-- Risking public disclosure of the threat, thereby portraying the party making the threat in a bad light (see the Streisand effect)

I particularly note item #2, that if you were not aware that (accusing me of blackmail) was illegal, YOU HAVE NOW BEEN MADE FULLY AWARE. And, all I'm asking for is an apology. Get it?
usagi (OP)
VIP

View Profile
December 02, 2012, 04:57:24 PM

You and augustocroppo must be getting pretty desperate to resort to blackmail. Someone getting a little too close?

Further to this, you are starting to show extreme hypocrisy. How dare you sit there and accuse me of blackmail, when you have black and white evidence that Ian Bakewell attempted to blackmail me in PM, for the sole purpose of defrauding CPA and it's customers? Why don't you go do something about that instead? I even made a post on the Scam Accusation forum about it. You said yourself that it has to involve financial damages. Well it does, and provable ones, from Ian's own mouth. Blackmail has specific provisions for this exact purpose in many countries (let's quote the flavor of the month; Australia this time): "a threat to publish attacks on a company calculated to lower the value of its shares" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blackmail#Victoria.2C_Australia).

Do you realize what you have done here? The least of my complaints against you is that you are a poor moderator, and that you are.

You have shown bias, malice, and you have accused me of a crime. I would very much like an apology for the things you've said here.
CharlesPonzi

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 02, 2012, 09:27:33 PM

This thread looks like a good way to ensure you never get your shares back from asset issuers.

I landed in this country with $2.50 in cash and $1 million in hopes, and those hopes never left me.
usagi (OP)
VIP

View Profile
December 02, 2012, 10:24:04 PM

This thread looks like a good way to ensure you never get your shares back from asset issuers.

How so? BitcoinOZ started attacking me on the forums. His intent MAY have been to get out of returning shares to me, yes, but that's not my fault.

I don't suppose it helps to point out that random people walking in here and posting only serves to illustrate why I cannot ignore this and I have to fight it. Some people who should have known better have said some very irresponsible things recently...
usagi (OP)
VIP

View Profile
December 02, 2012, 10:53:58 PM

How so? BitcoinOZ started attacking me on the forums. His intent MAY have been to get out of returning shares to me, yes, but that's not my fault.

I don't suppose it helps to point out that random people walking in here and posting only serves to illustrate why I cannot ignore this and I have to fight it. Some people who should have known better have said some very irresponsible things recently...

Augusto wandered in here and doxed someone who he hadnt spoken to before on the forum. Exactly what motivation is there to do such a  thing to a total stranger you have had zero interactions with unless you are somehow in a  relationship with the op ? Its quite obvious there is some financial or other motivation going on and Augusto is a shill of some sort.

Pretending to know more about BitcoinGlobal than you actually do. Thats the definition of pretentious  Smiley

I didn't say I know more about bitcoin global than I do. That was your mistake -- you said I claimed to have access to the logs. I did not claim any such thing. I said I had access to the financial records, and I also explained to you how I got them -- from Theymos, as a bidder.
augustocroppo
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
December 02, 2012, 11:17:02 PM
Last edit: December 03, 2012, 02:21:28 AM by augustocroppo

Its quite obvious there is some financial or other motivation going on and Augusto is a shill of some sort.

There is not. You have been exposed. You are a liar. You are looking for excuses to disguise your actions.

Pretending to know more about BitcoinGlobal than you actually do. Thats the definition of pretentious  Smiley

I do not pretended to know what you are suggesting. I caught you lying:

Fuck off weirdo.

What...

Are you lying? Usagi did not admitted what you alleged:

<usagi> hai, stopped in to get a payment from someone and saw you here
<usagi> Mind if I ask you why you are on the warpath against me?
<usagi> I used to think we were business compatriots, you know, I supported your business and it seemed cool till you started attacking me -- Did I do something to you?
<usagi> I mean you said stuff like if I can't provide a proper accounting I/cpa must be insolvent. But it seems like your accusation is a little hollow. When you were voting on whether or not to give nefario a laptop bitcoin global's accounting was pretty shoddy
<usagi> You (you) gave him carte blanche to buy a laptop and GLBSE would pay for 50% of it
<usagi> Did you ever follow up on that? Did you get a reciept?
<usagi> I have access to the financial documents of bitcoin global from that time.
<usagi> I don't see anything about a laptop.
<usagi> You get what I am saying? I don't understand why you would say that about me when it's really the kind of thing you yourself did
<usagi> There are a lot of other examples
<usagi> I'm puzzled
<usagi> Why are you doing this to me?
<usagi> I also noticed the video you put up on your youtube channel.
<usagi> You know, the one with coinabul.com as contact info?
<usagi> Not sure what you are trying to show with that. Lol, are you trying to get fired?
<usagi> What's gotten into you man
<usagi> Well look I gotta go
<usagi> I need to talk to you about this before I go public with it
<usagi> Send me a pm about it.
<usagi> Cuz I totally don't get why you are trolling me on the forums. Bye.
* usagi has quit ()
* tsukino has quit ()

Usagi contacted me on irc and said they have access to all the bitcoinglobal meeting logs.

Moreover, you did not participate in that chat? Where is your nickname? Where is the details between the parenthesis when Usagi quit?

[2012-11-05 18:30] * shilohsandi (~parmablac@unaffiliated/kalacoa) Quit
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
December 02, 2012, 11:44:43 PM

Augusto, a question if I may. What the hell is that... thing... on your head. Do they not have barbers where you live?
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
December 03, 2012, 05:03:23 AM

Bitcoin Oz deserves a scammer tag for misrepresenting him as a "Marketing Executive" of coinabul. If I went on #bitcoin-otc, changed my name to a well known member of this forum that didn't have enforce on, said in the channel that I'm that person, then I'd have got a scammer tag even if I didn't actually conduct any trades.
stochastic

View Profile
December 03, 2012, 05:51:37 AM

Bitcoin Oz deserves a scammer tag for misrepresenting him as a "Marketing Executive" of coinabul. If I went on #bitcoin-otc, changed my name to a well known member of this forum that didn't have enforce on, said in the channel that I'm that person, then I'd have got a scammer tag even if I didn't actually conduct any trades.

Didn't some guy once get a scammer tag for playing a prank in #bitcoin-otc?

I find this interesting:

There should be repurcussions for lapses in judgement.

Also, there is a reason the SEC requires financial disclosures for publicly traded securities.  There is no way to prove a business is reporting their information faithfully unless auditors or other 3rd parties are looking through the information.

Introducing constraints to the economy only serves to limit what can be economical.
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: