Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 06:14:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The US dollar is the people's currency. Not Bitcoin!  (Read 2692 times)
NO_SLAVE

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 06, 2011, 10:29:01 PM

I have some of those US dollars, they are quite lovely and nice to grapple.
I'll trade you 1 Silver USD to 2 BTC.

Where can I get some of these US Dollars?  All I can find these days are these Federal Reserve Notes.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Klestin

Activity: 493
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 06, 2011, 10:33:51 PM

I ask if you don't like it to leave your democratic civilizations and take your bitcoins with you! Civilized societies need none of this! We are men of order and remain we shall! Follow democracy or be terminated by our democratic, divine will! Bitcoin shall not become our currency. We shall not revert to our primordial uncivilized forms. We will have a centralized, democratic economy!

Here here! Your sooo right, Atlas! I new sumwone hear wood figyur this out and set peeple strait!  Down wit this anarkee system and up with the almitee dollar!  I meen reely, get a brane morans! Yur system is duuumed!

/No, not really
//I loves me a good sarcastic trolling, couldn't resist joining in
em3rgentOrdr

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

youtube.com/ericfontainejazz now accepts bitcoin

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2011, 12:05:37 AM

Thank you Atlas for this post.  Every morning I wake up to my alarm clock regulated by the US Standards and Time department.  Then I eat my breakfast monitored by the FDA.  Then I drive on government roads.  Then I use government money.  I thank the US everyday for everything that it has given to me and for allowing me to exist. 

"We will not find a solution to political problems in cryptography, but we can win a major battle in the arms race and gain a new territory of freedom for several years.

Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks, but pure P2P networks are holding their own."
Ohicancitnow

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 07, 2011, 03:06:23 AM

Its too late, the megapolitical entities that are in place around the world are failing.  The democracy experiment has run its course and no government, not even our industrial military welfare state, will survive the information technology revolution that is underway as we speak. The Bitcoin currency is just one part in the hand of fate that microtechnology is dealing worldwide. If it fails, another one, two, ten Huh will take its place even more superior in resistance to manipulation by the concentration of power. Look at what napster spawned! Governments, in the form that they are now, will not be sustainable.  The intellectual elite and their earning power will fly from them as fast as they can and there is nothing governments can do but transform to compete as walmart does for the concentrated form of human energy know as currency.  Buffet saw this a decade ago when he noted that there is a rapid exodus of wealth leaving the USA. The wealthy are landing in more friendly jurisdictions that are making investing in them more attractive than leaving it in a country(soon to go the way of the dodo) that confiscates ruthlessly.  Fear will make anarchy and more and more restrictive laws the norm as less and less revenue is generated from the unwilling(intelligent) and the willing(unintelligent) slaves know as citizens that are left leaving less and less to support the bloated overweight top heavy structure now in place.  This is apparent with the passing and extending of laws like the patriot act and the more and more printing of dollars.  Look at the ratio of deficit to gdp numbers around the world.  It isn't a sustainable model anymore.  Murder incorporated, or to the brainwashed by tv society, USA is trying in desperation to secure resources by having a presence (threat of violence and actual violence in the false name of securing our freedoms) in over 100 countries around the world. At least China is blatant about their grab for resources.  It doesn't matter, all forms of government will not survive long as the profit of violence is being eroded thanks to the cyber economy and soon a mutitude of cybercash currencies(bitcoin) that will be accepted where fiat currencies soon will not.  If you doubt it, look at a graphical picture of the cloud(internet) and compare it to a graphical picture of the synapses of a brain.  How big is one of the nations on the internet? pick one, lets say facebook? over 600 million citizens and growing, compared to the usa 310 million. The power of microtechnology cannot be stopped. It is integrated into the life of the global village and is transforming it exponentially.  Hang on it is about to go critical.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: