Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 09:30:35 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][BP] Blockpoker | First Poker-Service Built on Blockchain Technology  (Read 18649 times)
Blockpoker Team

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2015, 06:09:06 AM
Last edit: December 15, 2015, 08:20:01 AM by Blockpoker Team

Good day all!

I can see that everybody in here agree about the big potential for our project, and that's great!
However, I also acknowledge the negativity. I thought I would address it, because I had hopes that Blockpoker could start of different then how the majority of projects start of here in Bitcointalk.

First of, the whole reason why we announced this before the service got online was to have people lined up to play at our tables. We have a well detailed plan on how to achieve that, and it will be noticed in the next two weeks.
But it may have been a wrong decision and we should have just waited until we dropped the service to announce Blockpoker. Time will tell.

I see that the criticism comes because people say there is a financial opportunity with smartchips.
The reason we distribute the BP to smartchips investors was because those investors put their money on me, and I could not let them down and go a different route when distributing the coin, it would have been wrong.

Honestly, I can't see why those that invested in my work would want to part now right before the launch. I personally can't understand why they put their money up when I promised them nothing but hard work, and they part with that investment right before I am finished.
But that's really not my buisness, people can do whatever pleases them.
To add another point, if you believe I am just lying or this is some kind of setup, then don't buy anything.
I still wish you would follow Blockpoker and try out our service on 1.1.16 or later on though, and if you are pleased with our service you can then buy from the bank.

On the note about these users that post positive comments, Blockpoker has no connection to them.
Maybe they just like our project, or maybe there is a group who is working together for some kind of reason. I personally have no idea.

It might be a little unprofessional to even comment on these things, but I really don't want Blockpoker to start of with a big negative vibe around it.
Therefore I took a little time out to address this. I will now go back to finishing up our service, there is missing a few touches before it's complete but it will be done before 1.1, that I am 100% positive of.
In a couple of days one in the team will also write up a bit in our news section with some answers to the different questions we have received in here and on email, there will also be some good to know information that we have not been detailed enough about before.
So stay tuned for that, and have a great day everybody! Smiley

Kevin
Blockpoker Team

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2015, 06:23:07 AM
Last edit: December 15, 2015, 08:20:57 AM by Blockpoker Team

will players looking to get "free distribution" from Jan1 - Jan7 need to purchase BP from the bank or have traded in "Smartchips" to get a positive balance to begin play? As in Jan1-Jan7 free play with distribution of real BP, or must use real BP to receive distribution.

To play at our tables on 1-7 Jan you will need have BP, yes.
Those can easily be purchased via our BP | Bank.

Smartchip investors will be able to swap our their share for BP right after the service comes out and they can get a BP address. So they will be able to play without going to our bank.

We have also been suggested to have a couple freeroll tournaments for people that don't want to pay to try our service, which we are considering.
But those that play in these will not be able to receive BP from the distribution pot. To do that, you need to play in one of our real money games like cash games or guaranteed tournaments.
However, it will be possible to win some BP in the freeroll (if we decide to have that) that then can be used to play those modes.

Hope to see you in the first week of 2016! Smiley
toy4lov3rs

Activity: 375
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 12:54:08 PM

You must admit, an idea like this is truly priceless if it ever works and gets big. Think of the 100's of millions that the poker sites make today in rake on a yearly scale. As a poker player myself I dont normally consider rake as a loss because I normally win when I play, but if I think back to all the rakes on the won pots that I've missed out in over the last 10 years it would probably add up to around 100K. Id be the first in line to sign up and play no rake poker on a large scale.

This! This is way I find this project so interesting.
Its as you say, if it works and gets big there is a huge market to fill. And if it works I cant really see it not going big over time.

I would be right behind you in that line toy4lov3rs!

I dont think it will work tho so I'm passing. But good luck to everyone else.
Timeline
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

TokenHouse decentralized cryptocurrency exchange

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 02:52:23 PM

Will there be a whitepaper explaining how the Block Poker decentralized poker works? I would love to get some insights about the technology  Smiley

Time4show

Activity: 1

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 03:47:37 AM

Was sent here by a friend and must say this project makes me pumped up, the potensial is pretty big to say at least, so hope this turns out all right, i wish the team good luck Smiley
Xunknown

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 17, 2015, 09:15:33 AM

Wonder how many smartchips are still left..
Would guess a lot of them have been lost over time, due to all it has been through, and that the wallet is not active anymore.

It would not surprise me if if only half of the coins get swapped  Cheesy

The isotope(Smartchips) wallet and network is still active.  I am running 2 of the 3 full nodes functioning today.

X
bob.the.builder

Activity: 19

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 08:27:29 PM

Smartchips market looking good today. Sellbook is so thin that this can become real fun Smiley

Oh yes, its starting to look like this can blow up pretty big.

6btc already in buy support, thats not little considering its on ccex Smiley
Depredation

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 10:17:12 PM

Sorry if this has been answered already but how do we swap smartchips to get bp if we dont have a bp address?

▄█▄         ▄█▄
                            ▄████▀      ▄████▀
                          ▄████▀      ▄████▀
                        ▄████▀      ▄████▀
                      ▄████▀      ▄████▀
                    ▄████▀      ▄████▀
 ▄█▄          ▄      ▀█▀      ▄████▀
▀████▄      ▄███▄           ▄████▀
  ▀████▄     ▀████▄       ▄████▀
    ▀████▄     ▀████▄   ▄████▀
      ▀████▄     ▀████▄████▀
        ▀████▄     ▀█████▀
          ▀█▀        ▀█▀
.verify.▄  █▄
██ ███▄
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
▀█ ████
   ████
   ████
█▄ ▀███
███▄ ▀█
▄  █▄
██ ███▄
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
▀█ ████
   ████
   ████
█▄ ▀███
███▄ ▀█
▄  █▄
██ ███▄
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
██ ████
▀█ ████
   ████
   ████
█▄ ▀███
███▄ ▀█
bob.the.builder

Activity: 19

View Profile
December 18, 2015, 10:21:01 PM

Sorry if this has been answered already but how do we swap smartchips to get bp if we dont have a bp address?

Just look at the team posts here - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=686906;sa=showPosts
The answer is in the last post I think.
Blockpoker Team

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2015, 10:53:12 PM

We have received a couple emails asking if everything is going okay and on schedule, since we have been a little silent.
I would like to point out it has not been a long time since last post, but I love the enthusiasm!

If there are more out there that was wondering the same, yes everything is going good.
Since I am between jobs (much of the reason I was able to develop Blockpoker), I have many hours of the day to work on our service.
The days that will come after today will be mainly used to double check everything, making sure that every function works as it should.
It's highly important to me and for this project as a whole that we can get a smooth and fault free launch.

The others have jobs and do not have that much time during work days, but its the weekend and christmas now, so you will see them getting more active in the next days with bringing the service out to people.
Creating a larger community and more attention to our launch and distribution week.

Kevin
Blockpoker Team

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2015, 11:42:18 PM

No worries, I am happy to give out some details about this again Smiley

The BP wallet is integrated into our poker software, therefore nobody will be able to get a BP address before the launch day.
On 1/1-16 you can instantly swap your smartchips, but until then you have to keep on to them.
However, if there is a reason you can't swap during the swapping face and need to do it before, we can arrange something. So contact us and we will do everything we can to help you out!

Hope this covers it, please bring on more questions if you should have some.

Kevin
Timeline
Legendary

View Profile
December 19, 2015, 08:55:07 AM

We have received a couple emails asking if everything is going okay and on schedule, since we have been a little silent.
I would like to point out it has not been a long time since last post, but I love the enthusiasm!

If there are more out there that was wondering the same, yes everything is going good.
Since I am between jobs (much of the reason I was able to develop Blockpoker), I have many hours of the day to work on our service.
The days that will come after today will be mainly used to double check everything, making sure that every function works as it should.
It's highly important to me and for this project as a whole that we can get a smooth and fault free launch.

The others have jobs and do not have that much time during work days, but its the weekend and christmas now, so you will see them getting more active in the next days with bringing the service out to people.
Creating a larger community and more attention to our launch and distribution week.

Kevin

I must admit that I was one of those people asking if everything is on schedule. Nice to hear that everything is ok.  Smiley
Will you guys be making a whitepaper explaining the technology behind Block Poker? It could be just a couple pages explaining the basics.
You should also do a thread on two plus two forum. If I am not mistaken it's bigger forum than Bitcointalk and totally poker related.

Blockpoker Team

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2015, 03:55:18 PM

I must admit that I was one of those people asking if everything is on schedule. Nice to hear that everything is ok.  Smiley
Will you guys be making a whitepaper explaining the technology behind Block Poker? It could be just a couple pages explaining the basics.
You should also do a thread on two plus two forum. If I am not mistaken it's bigger forum than Bitcointalk and totally poker related.

As far as I know, whitepaper is not on our priority list.
It has been mentioned but none of us saw it as really important, but maybe Kevin have plans to write up something in the future. He will need to answer this himself.

When it comes to the poker forums as you suggest Timeline, that is in the works as I type.
Don't know if you where the guy suggesting it to us on an email, but it was a great idea and we have started to look into some poker related forums where we can bring our service out to more people.
Updates/links regarding that will come here shortly, stay tuned  Cheesy

Kenneth
Timeline
Legendary

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 11:29:16 AM

As far as I know, whitepaper is not on our priority list.
It has been mentioned but none of us saw it as really important, but maybe Kevin have plans to write up something in the future. He will need to answer this himself.

When it comes to the poker forums as you suggest Timeline, that is in the works as I type.
Don't know if you where the guy suggesting it to us on an email, but it was a great idea and we have started to look into some poker related forums where we can bring our service out to more people.
Updates/links regarding that will come here shortly, stay tuned  Cheesy

Kenneth

Great! Thanks for the update. Little over 10 days and we can start swapping coins and play some poker.  Smiley

screent

Activity: 5

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 09:53:27 PM

The potential here is so enormous. Just had to put a few satoshi into this. Wish the team good luck with the launch on 1.1, I will be ready to play Cheesy
Blockpoker Team

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2015, 12:00:12 AM

Got a PM today asking me if I was interested in taking over another coin.

Was not rude in reply, but that attitude annoyed me.
Smartchips was a special situation. It was the concept that dragged me in and pushed me over the edge to build something I always had a dream of building.
I will never take over another coin, and hopefully Blockpoker becomes so successful that I will never be involved with another coin.

Just a heads up to others that might be thinking of asking the same, and to those that have it in their mind that I am going around and taking over coins.

Over to something more positive,
some announcements of our project will be dropped on poker boards today.
Get ready for some traffic Smiley

Kevin
Blockpoker Team

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2015, 12:35:56 AM

Twoplusstwo - Announcment

We have posted our announcment on twoplusstwo.
With almost 500,000 members and an insanly high traffic, we expect a lot of new traffic towards Blockpoker.
No one else in there can offer them this technology with zero rake.

Note* You need a half year old account to post in marketplace. If anyone wants to help us out and post about Blockpoker on the forum, and has an account that is able to do so, please contact us!

https://i.imgur.com/qT0cUGI.png
c.hester

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2015, 01:21:02 AM

Link to page plz on 2+2

sly
Blockpoker Team

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2015, 01:23:27 AM

Cardschat - Announcment
https://www.cardschat.com/f10/blockpoker-first-poker-service-built-blockchain-277383/

We have posted our announcement on Cardschat.
Cardschat is a growing poker board, with very straightforward and easy use. Over 150,000 members and high traffic.
We are still the only one that can offer them 0% rake, so hopefully members will get interested in Blockpoker pretty easy.

https://i.imgur.com/Ai2YBAt.png
Timeline
Legendary

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 11:21:31 AM

Good idea with these poker boards. There are tons of them and they are very active.
So it can be a good way to reach out to players and get them ready to play in distribution week.

I agree 100% It's important to reach out to poker players via these forums. I think that zero rake and decentralized poker should appeal to many poker players out there.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: