Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 01:18:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: If bitcoin is worth $10.000, will fiat be worthless?
Yes - 46 (11.2%)
No - 364 (88.8%)
Total Voters: 410

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 100 »
  Print  
Author Topic: If bitcoin price is $10.000, will fiat be worthless?  (Read 145009 times)
pitham1
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 15, 2016, 10:42:17 AM

Supply and demand, bitcoin price may reach 10k but its useless if merchants don't accept bitcoin.

Why is it useless if merchants don't accept it?
I can just sell it for $10k and give the merchants fiat.  Tongue

There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Denker
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1014

View Profile
May 15, 2016, 11:01:06 AM

If each and every country accepts bitcoin, then fiat might go worthless if bitcoin rise to such a huge amount which is unreachable in a short or a limited term.
I think it would seem impossible if bitcoin is accepted in all countries? while to get the legalization of one country alone. bitcoin still can not get it?
Bitcoin has only been in circulation for a few years. It takes time and thorough research for the government to legalize an online currency. It takes quite a good amount of time for that to happen.

Government will never support bitcoin in future, only uncorrupted government will accept but its difficult to find honest government at a moment.

They will support bitcoin since they have too.

Many governements already regulated bitcoin, the next step would be to implement it in their financial systems/markets. From there it will be used by them.

Agree.It's just a question of time until the first country starts to support/use Bitcoin in one way or the other.Even if it would be a small country, that doesn't really matter.It will give BTC much more legitimacy and others will follow.
co5hike

Activity: 798

View Profile
May 15, 2016, 11:48:41 AM

If each and every country accepts bitcoin, then fiat might go worthless if bitcoin rise to such a huge amount which is unreachable in a short or a limited term.
I think it would seem impossible if bitcoin is accepted in all countries? while to get the legalization of one country alone. bitcoin still can not get it?
Bitcoin has only been in circulation for a few years. It takes time and thorough research for the government to legalize an online currency. It takes quite a good amount of time for that to happen.

Government will never support bitcoin in future, only uncorrupted government will accept but its difficult to find honest government at a moment.

Many governements already regulated bitcoin, the next step would be to implement it in their financial systems/markets. From there it will be used by them.

Agree.It's just a question of time until the first country starts to support/use Bitcoin in one way or the other.Even if it would be a small country, that doesn't really matter.It will give BTC much more legitimacy and others will follow.

Yeah someone needs to take an initiative and that will be followed by many other countries in future, as it will take bitcoin to very higher level in future.
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
May 15, 2016, 01:30:09 PM

Yeah someone needs to take an initiative and that will be followed by many other countries in future, as it will take bitcoin to very higher level in future.

Bitcoin won't be the same as a wealthy and well developed country will start adopting Bitcoin in any way (I don't think this will ever happen). Regulations and policies will be very tight and make it nearly impossible to get the same sort of freedom as we have now. That's why I prefer Bitcoin to stay an alternative currency.
Wendigo
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1036

View Profile
May 15, 2016, 01:41:20 PM

Supply and demand, bitcoin price may reach 10k but its useless if merchants don't accept bitcoin.

Why is it useless if merchants don't accept it?
I can just sell it for $10k and give the merchants fiat.  Tongue

That's true but Bitcoin enthusiasts expect that if the price of Bitcoin sky rockets it would be able to replace fiat in countries where there is a very high inflation rate. I don't think this is going to happen though as the value per Bitcoin should be very stable in order for it to act as a digital currency. No one would like to use money as national currency with such a volatile nature like Bitcoin is today. In my opinion Bitcoin will stay as an investment vehicle for decades and we will be exchanging it back and forth for local fiat.
LarryHocks

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 15, 2016, 03:53:09 PM

In the end we have to agree that fiat is important, the role it has in day to day transactions is something bitcoin can't take over. What's more important is that we embrace bitcoin and share it with friends and family. Only if bitcoin reaches the masses then it will be a succesfull project.
umaOuma

Activity: 938

View Profile
May 15, 2016, 03:56:38 PM

In the end we have to agree that fiat is important, the role it has in day to day transactions is something bitcoin can't take over. What's more important is that we embrace bitcoin and share it with friends and family. Only if bitcoin reaches the masses then it will be a succesfull project.

Even if the adoption reaches to extreme level, it cannot replace fiat as majority of people are earning in fiat and they are more comfortable in using it.
BitcoinPaw

Activity: 588

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2016, 08:52:49 PM

I think no, bitcoin depends on fiat but fiat doesn't depend on bitcoin obviusly. Bitcoin price can't change world economy now i think.

techgeek

Activity: 826

View Profile
May 15, 2016, 09:28:27 PM

I tend to agree with this statement.

Government will never support it, and hoping for no corruption on any level is sort of a dellusional concept of thinking esp when bribery is always present.

HarryKPeters

Activity: 896

Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform

View Profile
May 15, 2016, 09:43:44 PM

Good to see something who understands it. In a while either a large firm or a country will come over and from there step by step more and more will follow. Remember it's not about investing for them. But just accepting more ways to increase their profit.

MaxTax

Activity: 322

View Profile
May 15, 2016, 10:11:01 PM

Nah there will always be a role for fiat. But that's not bad since fiat is not the enemy. The enemy are the banks who have been charging us too much fees. For a long time.
The enemy is the government who tries to follow our every movement..
sempak

Activity: 1638
Merit: 505

View Profile
May 15, 2016, 10:14:52 PM

could happen .When rates bitcoin has a high price, it will make some commodities become meager. bitcoin prices could beat everybody. and bitcoin will be the most important commodity.

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
May 15, 2016, 10:30:40 PM

Nah there will always be a role for fiat. But that's not bad since fiat is not the enemy. The enemy are the banks who have been charging us too much fees. For a long time.
The enemy is the government who tries to follow our every movement..

The fee structure of banks isn't the only real problem. It's the fact that we don't own the money we store at banks while a lot people don't even realize that. They feel safe and secure when it comes to their bank, but once the governments force banks to cut a certain part of our total balance we have in our bank accounts and savings accounts, then they are forced to obey. It makes them thieves.
betohell

Activity: 476

View Profile
May 16, 2016, 12:14:35 AM

I think if the merchant does not accept bitcoin. of course the price will not reach that high? you know the price rise due to high demand? if none of the traders? would be less demand

Viyamore

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 16, 2016, 02:06:55 AM

I think if the merchant does not accept bitcoin. of course the price will not reach that high? you know the price rise due to high demand? if none of the traders? would be less demand
I agree on it chief ,depends on how many merchants who use bitcoins and accept it as mode of payment .but if we think if that happens  ? I think bitcoin will be banned in a country .because the government will not be earned as well .unless they do bitcoins .also the government will not allow bitcoin to replace the fiat money.

▄▄▄██████████████████▄▄▄
            ▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀███████████████████████▄▄
        ▄▄███▀   ▄▄▄   ▀████████████████████████▄▄
     ▄██████  ▄███████▄  ▀██████████████████▀▀▀█████▄
   ▄███████    ███▀▀ ██    ███████████  ███▀  ▄███████▄
  █████████▄  ▄█▀  ▄███    ██████████  ▄██  ▄███████████
 ██████████████▀  ████▀   ▄██▀▀▀████  ▄████▀  ███████████
██████████████▀  ▄███▀   ▄█▀  ▄▄ ██▀ ▄█  ██  █████████████
██████████████   ▀     ▄██▀  ▄█  █▀  █   █▀▄  ▀███████████
█████████████▀  ▄███▄  ▀██   ██ ▄▄▄  █▀ ▄▄▀█▄  ▀▄█████████
█████████████   █████   ▀██▄ ▀▄████▄  ▄███▄▀  ▄███████████
 █████   ▀██▀  ▄█████    █▀▀█████████████████▀███████████
  ████   ▄█▀   █████    ██ ▀▄█▀▄▄▀█ ▀▄▀█▀▄▀ █▀█ ▀▄██████
   ▀███▄▄   ▄█▄ ▀▀     ███ █ █ ▄▄▄█  █ █ █  █ █ ██████▀
     ▀██████████▄▄▄▄▄█████▄█▄██▄▄██ █▄███▄█▄█▄█▄████▀
        ▀▀██████████████████████████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀██████████████████████████████▀▀
                 ▀▀▀██████████████████▀▀▀
      ..Powered by..
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
|
|
|
|

▀██▄       ▀████▄
▄    ▀██          ▀██▄
██▄ ▄███         ▄█████▄▄
 ▀███████▄     ▄██▀ ▀▀████
      ▀████▄ ▄██▀     ▀█▀
        ▀████▄
        ▄█▀████▄
      ▄███▄▀▀████▄
    ▄████▀    ▀████▄
  ▄████▀        ▀██▀█▄
  ▀██▀            ▀██▀
Finestream

Activity: 3024
Merit: 604

View Profile
May 16, 2016, 08:30:59 AM

I think that will happen, fiat will become useless that time. But I think it will be 10 years from now, people will go fully digital as they will already understand how valuable using a bitcoins. All their finances will be properly monitored with the help of the blockchain and that time will come that transactions will be very fast, easy, and cheap. More transactions will happen and our economy will progress.

elyas772

Activity: 756
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 16, 2016, 09:18:10 AM

I think that will happen, fiat will become useless that time. But I think it will be 10 years from now, people will go fully digital as they will already understand how valuable using a bitcoins. All their finances will be properly monitored with the help of the blockchain and that time will come that transactions will be very fast, easy, and cheap. More transactions will happen and our economy will progress.

regardless of the price of bitcoin, fiat will remain worthy and fiat will not be replaced. because you yourself will definitely need fiat

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
█████▄            ▀█████  ██▄
▄█████████           ▀█████ ███▄
▄█████████▀▀           ▀█████ ███▄
▄███  █████             ▀█████ ████
███  █████                █████ ████
███ █████                  ████  ████
███ █████                ▄████  ████
███ █████                ███████████
▀██ █████▄                █████████
▀██ ██████▄                ▀█████
▀██ ███████                  ▀▀▀
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀██ ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
─────────────────────────
BINANCE
─────── LAB
&█████████████████████████████████ █  ███
█▀    ▀█  ███▀▀▀▀▀████████  ████▀▀███▀ █
█  █████    ▄▄▄▄▄  █  ▀  █    ███  █  ██
█▄    ▀█  ██       █  ▄███  ██████   ███
█████  █  ██  ███  █  ████  ████  ▄  ███
█▄    ▄█▄  ▄█▄     ▀  ████▄  ▄█   ██  ██
████████████████████████████████████████

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit
opossum

Activity: 924

View Profile
May 16, 2016, 09:26:10 AM

regardless of the price of bitcoin, fiat will remain worthy and fiat will not be replaced. because you yourself will definitely need fiat

Yeah we need fiat for sure as there are many places where only fiat can help us, and there will be many users who will feel comfortable in using fiat currency.

▄▄█████████▄▄
      ▄█████████████████▄
   ▄████▀            ▀████▄
  █████                █████▄
 ███████████████████████████▄
████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄
████        ██████        ████
 ████▄      ██████      ▄████
  ▀████     ██████    ▄████▀
    ▀████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████▀
      ▀▀██████████████▀▀
TIDEX

Divinespark

Activity: 938
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 16, 2016, 09:57:14 AM

No. $10k is achievable just via the store of value attribute of BTC. Maybe even more.
My guess is that if BTC ever moves beyond the 1Trillion mkt cap, which would be circa $50k, then there will have been significant fiat destruction

.AMEPAY..
█  FAST
█  CONVENIENT
█  SECURE
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
||$600,000
worth of AME
!
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄█████████▀▀▄▀▀█████████▄

▄██████▄▄█▀ ▀█▄▄██████▄
███████  ▀▀█▄██▀▀▄███████
███████ █ ▄ █ ▄▀▀▄███████
████████ █ █ █ ▄▀▀▄████████
▀█████████▄█ █ ▄██████████▀
▀████████  ▀▀▀  ████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
An0nym0us

Activity: 303

View Profile
May 16, 2016, 10:12:47 AM

I think that is not possible, fiat will always be used by majority of people in future too, no doubt will also use bitcoin once it gets popular but fiat cannot simply disappear.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 100 »
  Print  

Jump to: