Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:56:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Referral links are considered SPAM in OP but mediafire downloadable links not?  (Read 3174 times)
sardasa (OP)

Activity: 1064
Merit: 502

* Buying Bitcoin *

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 08:19:52 AM

Please check this thread & probably then you guys would be able to understand my point more clearly about making this thread!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1297586.0

Spreading malware is against the rules, all their threads have been reported and will be removed shortly.
Thank you for telling me the obvious Sir!

Did you honestly believe that pointing to something worse would be considered a valid point in the discussion?
The point for this thread was to point about something worse than not allowing referral links as part of OP. I assume I made my point by pointing to this wherein the 1st user who clicked on that link got his computer infected whereas if that was a referral link telling about some xyz site then that user could have googled about the site even before clicking that link. How come putting referral links as part of OP be spammy whereas putting such links is NOT?

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

You still do not seem to get my point. God help you guys!

I got it, I just dont agree, but as we already have established I also have no "logical" reasons to offer you.
That's why I have not locked this thread yet.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1499

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2015, 08:32:38 AM

-snip-
Did you honestly believe that pointing to something worse would be considered a valid point in the discussion?
The point for this thread was to point about something worse than not allowing referral links as part of OP. I assume I made my point by pointing to this wherein the 1st user who clicked on that link got his computer infected whereas if that was a referral link telling about some xyz site then that user could have googled about the site even before clicking that link. How come putting referral links as part of OP be spammy whereas putting such links is NOT?

Links in general are not against the rules, because - as pointed out above - it would be silly.
Links that spread malware are explicitly against the rules (#6) unless they come with ample warning for educational purposes.
Non of the above is considered spam per se, but might be seen as such if used in a spammy way.
Referal links are considered spam, because - as pointed out above - they typcially lead to spam. Your experience might differ, but it does not matter.

Please explain how "look links can be used for bad" should make us think "referlink links will never(!) be used in a spammy way".

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
sardasa (OP)

* Buying Bitcoin *

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 08:38:43 AM

-snip-

Links in general are not against the rules, because - as pointed out above - it would be silly.
Links that spread malware are explicitly against the rules (#6) unless they come with ample warning for educational purposes.
Non of the above is considered spam per se, but might be seen as such if used in a spammy way.
Referal links are considered spam, because - as pointed out above - they typcially lead to spam. Your experience might differ, but it does not matter.

Please explain how "look links can be used for bad" should make us think "referlink links will never(!) be used in a spammy way".

Please explain how links which ask you to download something (which you are not even aware of) are better than placing referral links?
You guys care more about this forum getting spammed (which I highly doubt would happen as none of the sane user would go around posting his/her referral link explicitly on all posts made on this forum) or user's computer getting infected because of some virus which was placed as part of such a downloadable link which apparently is not violating so called rules of this forum?

To be honest you don't even need to write a rule for not allowing viruses or malware links as part of any post being made on this or for that matter any forum. This is self-explanatory and no one should be doing it. If you find some one doing it then they should be permanently banned.

shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2015, 08:59:23 AM

-snip-

Please explain how links which ask you to download something (which you are not even aware of) are better than placing referral links?

So a link to download the latest bitcoin core is bad?

You guys care more about this forum getting spammed (which I highly doubt would happen as none of the sane user

You havent been here long have you? Take a look at the mining section[1] from time to time. Alternativly read this[2] thread. Its currently spammed by utter nonsense. Sane users are hardly the metric here. Its the insane, greedy morrons that made these rules a requirement for the sane users to still have a usable forum.

would go around posting his/her referral link explicitly on all posts made on this forum) or user's computer getting infected because of some virus which was placed as part of such a downloadable link which apparently is not violating so called rules of this forum?

IF a downloadable link leads to a virus it is against the rules. I probably did not get your point, because I doubt its "linking to virus is allowed (which is not the case) so should ref links".

To be honest you don't even need to write a rule for not allowing viruses or malware links as part of any post being made on this or for that matter any forum. This is self-explanatory and no one should be doing it. If you find some one doing it then they should be permanently banned.

You just found someone doing it, so obviously it happens. Are you suggesting that staff can just make up their rules according to their personal believe of what they consider "self-explanatory"?

[1] https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=14.0
[2] https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1278196.0

sardasa (OP)

* Buying Bitcoin *

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 09:30:05 AM

@shorena: Just because I am a newbie that's why you're so against my opinion. I know you're against newbies raising their opinion.
I doubt you would have argued so much if the same thread was started by some Hero or Legendary user.

brituspol

Activity: 458
Merit: 250

From nothing to nothing

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 09:31:43 AM

@shorena: Just because I am a newbie that's why you're so against my opinion. I know you're against newbies raising their opinion.
I doubt you would have argued so much if the same thread was started by some Hero or Legendary user.
Shorena is the most neutral guy you will ever see on bitcointalk
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2015, 10:02:59 AM

Most is debatable, but he's at the very top. Regardless of OPs rank, all suggestions should be taken seriously (unless it is a troll attempt and whatnot). Just because OP is a newbie that does not mean that their suggestion is/will be bad.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
sardasa (OP)

* Buying Bitcoin *

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 10:23:16 AM

Just like most of the posts made above this post on this thread, I would disagree with this one too.
For reference please check the three posts starting from this one: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1287765.msg13239428#msg13239428

sardasa (OP)

* Buying Bitcoin *

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 10:34:07 AM

You havent been here long have you? Take a look at the mining section[1] from time to time. Alternativly read this[2] thread. Its currently spammed by utter nonsense. Sane users are hardly the metric here. Its the insane, greedy morrons that made these rules a requirement for the sane users to still have a usable forum.

Just for the sake of answering, I'll answer that isn't it obvious that rules are made for sane users?
Can you stop morons/fools/bots from creating multi's & breaking these rules again & again?

From real life example: Do you think the locks we use on our doors when we go out of the house prevent thieves from breaking in the house & robbing our house? If that would have been the case there there would be no robbery happening anywhere in the world.

Even if you want to make these rules then why not keep them specific to that section only? Every section can have their own rules.
Why not allow placing referral links as part of OP only in Services or Games & Rounds sub-section (whichever section allows users to pay other users for signing up on their site) but nowhere else on this forum?

shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2015, 11:04:16 AM

ad hominem. The "you are new here" by me was uncalled for though, sorry.

Just for the sake of answering, I'll answer that isn't it obvious that rules are made for sane users?

I would argue that rules are against insane or sane, but misbehaving users. One might not be aware of a certain rule when violating it for the first time. E.g. one of my earliest posts was necroing an old haiku thread. The post was on topic even though it was in an old post. It was removed and I understood that posting in old threads is not always acceptable here.

Can you stop morons/fools/bots from creating multi's & breaking these rules again & again?

Depending on their determination you can not, no. Well you could close the forum for new users, but thats not the point. I would however think that most sane users that are the subject to moderation will take their time and learn about the rules and as such either adopt them or open a public discussion about the reasons behind the rules. Rules of a community are not always straight forward and easily understood. I would think that most communities have rather specific rules and that it takes time to adopt to and understand them.

From real life example: Do you think the locks we use on our doors when we go out of the house prevent thieves from breaking in the house & robbing our house? If that would have been the case there there would be no robbery happening anywhere in the world.

Even if you want to make these rules then why not keep them specific to that section only? Every section can have their own rules.

It would complicate things, but its a possibility.

Why not allow placing referral links as part of OP only in Services or Games & Rounds sub-section (whichever section allows users to pay other users for signing up on their site) but nowhere else on this forum?

Because in my opinion - and this is probably what it boils down to, opinions - it would lead to more spam. You would give every member an incentive to create a post without any substance, the referal link. I do not expect lengthy reviews of services with a referal link at the end, but quickly done posts similar to "sign up here, is good <ref link here>".

sardasa (OP)

* Buying Bitcoin *

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 11:15:12 AM
Last edit: December 21, 2015, 11:37:34 AM by sardasa

Because in my opinion - and this is probably what it boils down to, opinions - it would lead to more spam. You would give every member an incentive to create a post without any substance, the referal link. I do not expect lengthy reviews of services with a referal link at the end, but quickly done posts similar to "sign up here, is good <ref link here>".

You really got lot of free time Sir to scrutinize & then reply to each & every word I write. Hat's off!
As per your "opinion" all posts which will contain referral links to xyz site would be without any substance?

shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2015, 01:53:31 PM

You really got lot of free time Sir to scrutinize & then reply to each & every word I write. Hat's off!
As per your "opinion" all posts which will contain referral links to xyz site would be without any substance?

Not all, but the majority. As it is now there are good posts that have a ref link, in these cases staff sometimes edits out the ref link instead of removing the entire post. This obviously depends on the person handling the post.

sardasa (OP)

* Buying Bitcoin *

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 02:04:01 PM

Not all, but the majority. As it is now there are good posts that have a ref link, in these cases staff sometimes edits out the ref link instead of removing the entire post. This obviously depends on the person handling the post.

It did not happen with me though. mexxer-2 reported my post and that was straight away deleted even w/o letting me know.

shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2015, 02:25:54 PM

It did not happen with me though. mexxer-2 reported my post and that was straight away deleted even w/o letting me know.

I know and as I wrote above I suspect this is the case because you as a Newbie are still handled by certain mods. Patrollers or as I frequently get it wrong parolers. They handle all newbies, but nothing else. Once your rank increases (should be in a few days) they will no longer moderate you, but the moderator for the specific section you posted in will handle reports. It is my impression that patrollers are more rigid when handling reports and they might be unable to edit posts at all, thus their only chance is to remove the post entirely.

This of course will not allow you to post a referal link, but it might preserve the post.

sardasa (OP)

* Buying Bitcoin *

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 04:54:27 PM

I know and as I wrote above I suspect this is the case because you as a Newbie are still handled by certain mods. Patrollers or as I frequently get it wrong parolers. They handle all newbies, but nothing else. Once your rank increases (should be in a few days) they will no longer moderate you, but the moderator for the specific section you posted in will handle reports. It is my impression that patrollers are more rigid when handling reports and they might be unable to edit posts at all, thus their only chance is to remove the post entirely.

This of course will not allow you to post a referal link, but it might preserve the post.

Can I move my threads back to Services section which were moved to Gambling tomorrow once I will become Junior Member & have AP as 42?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1291988.0

phantastisch
Legendary

Activity: 2270
Merit: 1363

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 05:11:31 PM

A referallink is spam because it encourages spam.

If I let one user set a referallink in his op, then i'm met with a couple choices by the other fellow users :

A) Hey, cool a link. I like links.( 9,999999999 % of readers )
B) Hey, wait thats a referal. I have a referal for this too. I must post it. ( 90 % of readers )
C) Hurr Durr, i'm a Troll. (Gleb Gamow)

This is because the magic internet money made getting referal money tax and hasslefree.
And since we are in THE MAGIC INTERNET MONEY forum, its actually closer to 98% than 90.

Posting just to post a referal link adds little to no value to a discussion. Therefore it is considered spam.

Opening a Thread just to add your referal to the forum is therefore considered spam. See above.

Its a cancerous Internet Plague that should be EXTERMINATED from any decent forum.

SO if i see you posting referallinks, I WILL FUCKING HUNT YOU DOWN.

wheeew... that felt good.

P.S.: I mod the german section, so cue the nazi jokes.

HOWEYCOINS   ▮      Excitement and         ⭐  ● TWITTER  ● FACEBOOK   ⭐       
  ▮    guaranteed returns                 ●TELEGRAM                         
  ▮  of the travel industry
    ⭐  ●Ann Thread ●Instagram   ⭐ 
✅    U.S.Sec    ➡️
✅  approved!  ➡️
sardasa (OP)

* Buying Bitcoin *

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 05:18:31 PM

A referallink is spam because it encourages spam.

If I let one user set a referallink in his op, then i'm met with a couple choices by the other fellow users :

A) Hey, cool a link. I like links.( 9,999999999 % of readers )
B) Hey, wait thats a referal. I have a referal for this too. I must post it. ( 90 % of readers )
C) Hurr Durr, i'm a Troll. (Gleb Gamow)

This is because the magic internet money made getting referal money tax and hasslefree.
And since we are in THE MAGIC INTERNET MONEY forum, its actually closer to 98% than 90.

Posting just to post a referal link adds little to no value to a discussion. Therefore it is considered spam.

Opening a Thread just to add your referal to the forum is therefore considered spam. See above.

Its a cancerous Internet Plague that should be EXTERMINATED from any decent forum.

SO if i see you posting referallinks, I WILL FUCKING HUNT YOU DOWN.

wheeew... that felt good.

P.S.: I mod the german section, so cue the nazi jokes.

Sorry, other than this line I understood nothing on your post.
"SO if i see you posting referallinks, I WILL FUCKING HUNT YOU DOWN."

If you gonna abuse your power then you are most welcome to do so but tell me one thing how can placing these downloadable links are not spam ?

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2015, 09:20:48 PM

If you gonna abuse your power then you are most welcome to do so but tell me one thing how can placing these downloadable links are not spam ?
That's not abusing his power, especially considering that it is against the rules to post referral links. Moderators are there to enforce the rules not to create them. As for the downloadable links, I'd say that people would not be posting a link to the same thing everywhere (which would be the case with referral links).

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
sardasa (OP)

* Buying Bitcoin *

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 10:05:53 PM

That's not abusing his power, especially considering that it is against the rules to post referral links. Moderators are there to enforce the rules not to create them. As for the downloadable links, I'd say that people would not be posting a link to the same thing everywhere (which would be the case with referral links).

Sorry but it's just an assumption that you have. Honestly I don't think its going to matter.

Anyways, I realized I am too little to make you guys even think about the why these rules are here.

phantastisch
Legendary

Activity: 2270
Merit: 1363

View Profile
December 21, 2015, 10:23:22 PM

Sorry but it's just an assumption that you have. Honestly I don't think its going to matter.

Anyways, I realized I am too little to make you guys even think about the why these rules are here.

Nice. I explained why the rules are there. You chose to ignore that completely and cherry pick one sentence.
Do yourself a favor and stop bothering about this. The rules will not change. I'm out.

HOWEYCOINS   ▮      Excitement and         ⭐  ● TWITTER  ● FACEBOOK   ⭐       
  ▮    guaranteed returns                 ●TELEGRAM                         
  ▮  of the travel industry
    ⭐  ●Ann Thread ●Instagram   ⭐ 
✅    U.S.Sec    ➡️
✅  approved!  ➡️
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: