Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:57:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: AWS mturk, but paid for with bitcoins. Looking for alpha users  (Read 1005 times)
russ (OP)

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 17, 2013, 08:24:03 PM

Hi guys,

I've been working on a layer in front of the mturk api which allows you to pay for hits using bitcoin. . Basic features are complete and charging works the same as AWS; fee is only charged if the work is submitted. Rejections can be supported, but are disabled by default as this would be an easy scam and the only repercussions would be on me.

Just as Amazon Mechanical Turk collects a 10% commission on top of the amount you (the "Requester") have paid someone to complete your Human Intelligence Tasks (“HITs”), so do I. AWS's minimum commission charge is $0.005 per HIT, and the same for me.

So, in total using mturk via me is 10% + $0.005 per hit more expensive than using it directly.

e.g. a $0.20 reward for 3 assignments would cost: 3 * $0.20 * 1.1 * 1.1 = $0.726 rather than $0.66 directly on AWS.

I'm looking for two to three alpha users to try it.

Please PM me if you're interested

Russ
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: