Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 09:09:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [DVC] What happened to Devcoin leadership!  (Read 2570 times)
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2015, 03:32:57 AM

For individuals the simplest way to peek into it is to point a Crossfire-RPG client at CrossCiv.no-ip.org and take care to create a non-fantasy character so that one can get into the Galactic Milieu instead of ending up in the Fantasy milieu.

Usually there are a few people who hang out there 24/7 like one does on IRC so that when someone wakes up and checks their client they can see someone new is logged on and if within earshot of them as it were they can also see what questions they have asked them while they were away from keyboard.

Even though newly created characters start with a few scraps of clothing weapons food and such we still take the risk of that kind of "creation of gear out of nothing" upsetting the economy on that scale, unlike in the web-based intergalactic mining colonies system in which entire massively expensive colony ships get sent out in "back time" as new players join, creating entire massively expensive mining colonies out of nothing without nayone having to have built the colony ship etc. Any game systems that create that much stuff out of nothing as random passers-by on the web pretend they want to play then never log back in again we have to keep closed against random signups else the whole economies concept is blown from the start. We have to have people start with as close to nothing as possible and earn resources with which to create stuff, or pour in funds of some kind so that stuff can be bought for them from existing stockpiles / production.

As it is, all the small gear in the CrossCiv server needs to be virtually worthless so that someone spending all day or night starting new characters piling up their gear then deleting the characters cannot instantly upset the entire economy.

(Even if the characters started naked and empty-handed they are made of meat or other ingredients/stuff so just creating one character able to kill the next umpteen you make and butcher them into parts could create free stuff, so unless there is some charge to create a character we might as well allow them to be clothed and have a few items and just assume however much you could make by spawing umpteen characters is not really any easier or more effective than other simple unskilled work one could do with one character.)

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
HeroCat

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 03:09:12 PM

Dashcoin is more popular, you can switch to Dash. Dashcoin have many users, transactions are very fast, also mining is fast  Wink
markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2015, 03:53:13 PM

Dashcoin is more popular, you can switch to Dash. Dashcoin have many users, transactions are very fast, also mining is fast  Wink

I was not aware that Dash was in the business of supporting free open source projects. Can you provide links to its documentation about how it supports such things, as even if folks continue to get support from DeVCoin if there are other coins that also support such things I am sure they would be interested.

How and where do free open source projects apply for support from Dash? What are the criteria a project must meet to receive such support? Etc...

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
develCuy (OP)

Activity: 470
Merit: 350

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2015, 06:18:50 PM

While we keep waiting for Devcoin leaders to show up here and renew our hope, I want to take a moment and wish everyone in Devcoin community a profitable 2016.

Enjoy your holidays!

Join Devcoin: Telegram, Reddit, Discord, Facebook, Keybase  | The Devcoin Project - from the many, one. From one, the source
Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2015, 06:51:32 PM

For individuals the simplest way to peek into it is to point a Crossfire-RPG client at CrossCiv.no-ip.org and take care to create a non-fantasy character so that one can get into the Galactic Milieu instead of ending up in the Fantasy milieu.

The way you write, you sound like you're in charge of the project. Do I have the honour of responding to the General Holding Corp head man?  Smiley

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2015, 03:08:02 AM
Last edit: December 27, 2015, 02:23:08 AM by markm

The way you write, you sound like you're in charge of the project. Do I have the honour of responding to the General Holding Corp head man?  Smiley

The main contractor they get to do the actual work, basically. General Holding Corp acts as a buffer and accumulator and funds-storage between the actual expenses of hosting and developing, which is the pittance currently neded to keep machines online, and the prices the civilisations pay, which from the outset has been set up to be enough that if we already had all the worlds mapped out in three-dimensional virtual reality the fees are enough to cover all that.

I am Digitalis Data Services, a sole proprietorship which charges General Holding Corp tiny amounts for the hosting and such because right now we don't actually have hundreds of millions of players all online at once wandering around in full-blown virtual reality.

General Holding Corp is dominated by the large nations who pay the huge fees to have vast numbers of "square miles" according to the Freeciv representations of planets and have entire currencies of their own which General Holding Corp accepts to pay those fees.

But I am also basically the "Gamemaster" of the whole game too, which I suppose in some ways does kind of put me above all the Corps and Nations and the entities which compose them.

I am in charge of the Galactic Milieu project, but part of the job of a Gamemaster is to try to put players in control as much as possible of stuff within the games such as Nations and Corps and so on.

-MarkM-

Nxtblg
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2015, 01:41:23 AM

But I am also basically the "Gamemaster" of the whole game too, which I suppose in some ways does kind of put me above all the Corps and Nations and the entities which compose them.

I am in charge of the Galactic Milieu project, but part of the job of a Gamemaster is to try to put players in control as much as possible of stuf within the games such as Nations and Corps and so on.

-MarkM-

Okay, thanks.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

develCuy (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2015, 06:42:44 AM

The way you write, you sound like you're in charge of the project. Do I have the honour of responding to the General Holding Corp head man?  Smiley

I am in charge of the Galactic Milieu project, but part of the job of a Gamemaster is to try to put players in control as much as possible of stuff within the games such as Nations and Corps and so on.

@MarkM, your proposal so far is the only one with a game plan and you also have the infrastructure to support it. I mean, why not to try it?

Btw, perhaps is because of holidays but I'm getting a bit impatience for the lack of response from the community, only a handful of people appeared in this thread the last few weeks. Well for those who think Devcoin is death, for the rest I'm here open to proposals and ready to take action!

Join Devcoin: Telegram, Reddit, Discord, Facebook, Keybase  | The Devcoin Project - from the many, one. From one, the source
BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
December 29, 2015, 04:06:52 PM

no need to read co9mments above.
gut check opiniojn on what DVC ought be:

bitcoin foundation >>> devs programming 24/7; THUS fund;

other than that it was a boondoggle and bonus check for anyone-SHA256-uber-farmers on an MM pool
project = fail; loop if thus far(Fail);

reorganization = NEEDED;

ELSE IF (1) >> move to next level;

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
develCuy (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2016, 05:53:40 AM

Lack of response from Devcoin leadership is a bit disappointing, I think it is time to start a revolution, anyone willing to join?

markm
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2016, 06:59:05 AM

We should try to find out what level of access is needed to address the Devtome problems, as in do we need the domain pointed somewhere else we control, or can the controller of the machine the domain currently points to do something, or is it merely a matter of a username on the machine needing to be controlled by someone new who will actually fix the problems, or what?

-MarkM-

develCuy (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2016, 03:40:22 PM

We should try to find out what level of access is needed to address the Devtome problems, as in do we need the domain pointed somewhere else we control, or can the controller of the machine the domain currently points to do something, or is it merely a matter of a username on the machine needing to be controlled by someone new who will actually fix the problems, or what?

-MarkM-

It has been months waiting for a solution, waiting, waiting, waiting. All we got is that someone contacts someone else and there is no response back. If we keep waiting nothing will happen. That is why I'm calling for a revolution!

wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 04:12:43 PM

OK, adding this thread to my watch list.
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
January 05, 2016, 07:05:29 PM

-MarkM-

It has been months waiting for a solution, waiting, waiting, waiting. All we got is that someone contacts someone else and there is no response back. If we keep waiting nothing will happen. That is why I'm calling for a revolution!

+, FWIW, I'd love to see it be resurrected. It was an awesome run for a long time, and it'd be great to see it come back as strong as ever.

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
develCuy (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2016, 04:38:27 PM

+, FWIW, I'd love to see it be resurrected. It was an awesome run for a long time, and it'd be great to see it come back as strong as ever.

Good vibe @ranlo! A few of us are discussing an action plan, anyone willing to help please PM me.

develCuy (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2016, 05:13:20 PM

CONCLUTION

1. @Hunterbunter was right! several leaders "just have no interest in keeping them ticking, and don't respond when you try to get them to do their job." (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=233997.msg13277774#msg13277774)
2. We have to fix things by ourselves!

Everyone is welcome to help fix things in this new thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1317408

Please help! Do it for the people that is still believe!

Thanks!

novacadian

Activity: 232
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2016, 02:40:34 PM

After getting a bounce notice on the DevCoin Mailing List, it came to my attention that the list was not sending to my currently used email address and missed the Jan 6th notice of this thread. Have read through and will now monitor it.

- Nova

DVC Address : 1EfsiVUECqmR5Qx7C4PkmwadDXYuSGzssL
realdantreccia

Activity: 666
Merit: 516

Fuck BlackRock

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2022, 05:21:47 AM
Last edit: January 05, 2022, 08:10:40 AM by realdantreccia

Dan Treccia reporting for duty.

Ya the beauty of decentralized coins huh LOL

I wonder how many coins Shakezulu got paid for writing his Scrypt coin cloning guide ? (not the SHA256 one)

Maybe it's dead for a reason Wink

FYI - the guide spoken of here is the same guide co-creator of Dogecoin "Billy Markus" admitted to using to create the first Dogecoin software. Food for thought.

From the many one, from one, the source
dataispower

Activity: 1330
Merit: 289

View Profile
January 05, 2022, 05:35:59 AM

Dashcoin is more popular, you can switch to Dash. Dashcoin have many users, transactions are very fast, also mining is fast  Wink
All the upcoming coins have the same popularity strength i we all know swapping the existing coin to Dashcoin their is no changes what matters is the market regulations and market strength of the coin, i think we have to check exactly the coin that can accept it swap that is of high recognition than Dashcoin, but i did not say Dashcoin is bad or is not good suggestion but the popularity strength does not reach any where it still unknown to many people
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: