Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 09:58:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  
Author Topic: what happens to Bitcoin if internet goes down?  (Read 34252 times)
rexter

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 07:48:31 AM

If there's no internet Bitcoin is useless because we all know that bitcoin transaction is through peering with other network computer,that is why we need internet to work for bitcoin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
btcjocan

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 07:51:02 AM

Assume internet as the bank which helps you transfer your funds to other accounts. So if the bank is closed due to some reason, say on a holiday or something. And you totally depend on the bank for any kind of transaction like bill payments or so. Then all you can do is wait. And in the case of bitcoin, if the internet goes down, you only can wait until it's back again. As a war might hopefully not last forever.
If the internet go down the bitcoin also will go down but i believe that there is no way of the internet to go down because even our government will really use an internet to make all transaction simple yet fluent to make every works verry convenience enoughf and it is for good we are now living a life with the internet imfluence and we cant really stop this because we are really in a mpdern world.
Zicadis
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1027

Dump it!!!

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 07:56:33 AM

Without the internet bitcoin use is rendered useless as there will be no way to communicate with other computers but be rest assured that your bitcoins will intact and undamaged.

And other crypto services will all come to a standstill until the internet is back.
Ailmand

Activity: 1274
Merit: 519

Coindragon.com 30% Cash Back

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 08:03:54 AM

face to face trades? Of course there must be a way to broadcast the transaction anyways. And as said on previous topics, if there is no internet service, we probably have bigger things to worry about.

Well that could be an option, but it would be so difficult and ineffective to do that. I mean, one of the key features of the cryptomarket is the fact that you can do transactions even if you're worlds apart just like any internet-based transactions, although transfer can be made offline, that would surely cripple the system since most transactions and exchanges done in the cryptomarket is predicated in the use of the internet. Therefore, even if it won't go down totally, the usage rate would surely be slowed down significantly.

LCD3

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 10:58:29 AM

given the cayos happening in the world i wouldn't be surprised of nuclear war and in this case i would expect internet disruption question is how do we trade bitcoin during this time if we can't access internet.

home internet and mobile internet goes down
Bitcoin network completely breaks down. no hash power, no node. no confirmation, then we have to go cash, like dollar, euro.
I am pretty sure that if there's a will, there's a way. Yeah people who are using bitcoin will find a way to transact with each other. Maybe a face to face trading using a Bluetooth or a hotspot to transact. Maybe using codes like what we used in out phone. Maybe through mobile phones then send each other to trade bitcoin or to transact bitcoin with each other. Maybe a peer to peer connection to exchange bitcoin. There is a lots of possible way if you really like to transact. We are now in the digital age and never let your mind to be occupied by limited resources.
If internet stop work so it will make a lot of people jobless because bitcoin is a digital currency and its only available on interment and there are a lot of people who are doing online trade and they are also doing investment here from a long time so I think bitcoin must also find a way to fix this problem because we want to use bitcoin any time any place its now a part of life and when it stop work so a lot of people can suffer from it.
Creating N Action

Activity: 266
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 11:15:19 AM

For me, the transaction of money in bitcoin may affect if th internet goes down. In fact, many users will also affect if internet goes down in a way of posting in the different forum. We can't see or read what is the updates, we can't apply in different signature campaign, and we can't invest anymore. And lastly, the bitcoin price will affect too, we can't see how much is the price now and we can't have any information about bitcoin if there's a new updates.

baby222

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 11:20:03 AM

I think in case of a nuclear war we will be ruins. The atomic bombs could destroy everything. countries should be really stupid to start a nuclear war. Also, I think things would be really bad without the internet. We won't make it without. We love our confort.
Rascar Capac

Activity: 238

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 11:36:29 AM

If that is going to happen than Bitcoin will be bad and there will be also a lot of people that is going to hate Bitcoin and that is quite logic because they use it as a payment method.
And the chance is also really small that it can happen for Bitcoin that the internet will go down.
Chainblock

Activity: 168
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 11:42:26 AM

Internet is the heart of bitcoin or bitcoin needs internet so he can live properly if the internet is slow then the bitcoin transaction process also slowed because bitcoin delivery depends on the speed of the Internet network and if the Internet went down it would be good bye bitcoin for everyone internet will disappeared for forever it will trouble to everyone who needs internet everyday!
yanifitri20

Activity: 74
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 11:53:43 AM

I think, can be transferred to other transactions by buying goods or in the form of gold and can invest other business, although still using the system online and internet network
cyriljundos

Activity: 432
Merit: 10

Bitfresh - iGaming with 90s UI

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 11:59:18 AM

when the internet is lowering the bitcoin user is also less because not all places are the same internet connection in other places because the internet is weak so sure bitcoin will also decrease the connection with people. maybe personal trading that people in bitcoin when the internet slows down.

Gummybear67

Activity: 188

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 12:07:39 PM
Merited by Star_Bucks (2)

For me, the transaction of money in bitcoin may affect if th internet goes down. In fact, many users will also affect if internet goes down in a way of posting in the different forum. We can't see or read what is the updates, we can't apply in different signature campaign, and we can't invest anymore. And lastly, the bitcoin price will affect too, we can't see how much is the price now and we can't have any information about bitcoin if there's a new updates.
Overall, internet going down will have definitely a  huge impact to Bitcoin. I conclude that it will be a great chaos in the Bitcoin world. But who knows in the future if the internet really goes down, maybe there will be an alternative method will exist.   
cepedacharles29

Activity: 168
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 12:08:40 PM

If the internet goes down then there will be no way for the people to use bitcoin and also transact using bitcoin and the bitcoin will just get stuck and there might be a lot of problems that will occur in bitcoin because of the shutdown of the internet but i think that in the reality, it will never happen.
acener

Activity: 1274
Merit: 115

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 12:13:09 PM

given the cayos happening in the world i wouldn't be surprised of nuclear war and in this case i would expect internet disruption question is what happens to Bitcoin if internet goes down?

do not mean trade bitcoin to buy/sell i mean using it as a way of payment say you wanted to send money to someone abroad for family far away

If internet is down, then all the cryptocurrencies would probably be affected and that includes bitcoins. The coins will remain where they are, although they will not be accessible at all. Still, the internet being down is unlikely to happen these days, especially that mankind has become dependent on the internet.

sp01_cardo

Activity: 331

Personal Text: Blockchain with a Purpose

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 12:13:52 PM

given the cayos happening in the world i wouldn't be surprised of nuclear war and in this case i would expect internet disruption question is what happens to Bitcoin if internet goes down?

do not mean trade bitcoin to buy/sell i mean using it as a way of payment say you wanted to send money to someone abroad for family far away
If internet goes down everthing in bitcoin is nothing. No trading, no mining, all transaction made in bitcion none. Because you can only access bitcoin with internet connection. And not only bitcoin, all are affected on internet goes down mostly the business and all transactions that need internet connection will not operate.

▄▄█████████▄▄██
   ▄███▀▀       ▀▀███▄██
  ██▀   ▄        ▄▄ ▀██▀
 ██    ██        ██   ██
██     ██        ██    ██
██     ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██    ██
██    ██  ▀▀▀▀▀▀██     ██
██    ██        ██     ██
 ██   ██        ██    ██
 ▄██▄ ▀▀        ▀   ▄██
 ██▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
    ██▀▀█████████▀▀
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
BLOCKCHAIN WITH A PURPOSE
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram    Twitter    Medium    Reddit    Youtube
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
      ▄▄█████████▄▄██
   ▄███▀▀       ▀▀███▄██
  ██▀   ▄        ▄▄ ▀██▀
 ██    ██        ██   ██
██     ██        ██    ██
██     ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██    ██
██    ██  ▀▀▀▀▀▀██     ██
██    ██        ██     ██
 ██   ██        ██    ██
 ▄██▄ ▀▀        ▀   ▄██
 ██▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
    ██▀▀█████████▀▀
avia

Activity: 224
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 12:16:41 PM

If ever the time comes that internet goes down, then most probably bitcoin network will also go down. Bitcoin is a digital currency, which means that it only exists, somehow, in the digital world which is, by the way, powered by the internet. Your bitcoin account and wallet may not be harmed and still be intact, but you will have no way of accessing it.

regnidorhcs

Activity: 173
Merit: 19

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 03:28:30 PM

First of all internet can not be terminate because in our generation there are a lot of networks that offer internet all over the world so bitcoin will increase of its employment

● sgamepro ●   ❐ Telegram ❐   ❐ Whitepaper ❐     ● sgamepro ●
███   PLAY MOBILE GAMES MINE   ███
████ █     CRYPTO-TOKENS EARN REAL MONEY █ ████
dificanovi

Activity: 812
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 04:08:12 PM

if the Internet network is problematic it will have a big effect on bitcoin.
people will be hard to send and pull bitcoin, bitcoin trade will be paralyzed.
chances are people will be back using paper money and gold to store wealth.

cryptojoe

Activity: 353

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 04:10:29 PM

Internet won't go down. Enough with the drama.
RajaJudi

Activity: 403

Less is more

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 05:06:43 PM

If ever the time comes that internet goes down, then most probably bitcoin network will also go down. Bitcoin is a digital currency, which means that it only exists, somehow, in the digital world which is, by the way, powered by the internet. Your bitcoin account and wallet may not be harmed and still be intact, but you will have no way of accessing it.
True. If internet went down, there won't be no sign of Bitcoin's life in the world. Your Bitcoin is still in your wallet for sure and it won't disappear. However, you can't take it out anymore. Bitcoin always go along with internet. Internet is life source of Bitcoin. The point is internet won't never goes down.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 »
  Print  

Jump to: