Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 07:25:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello I have a question  (Read 709 times)
MidellX (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 04:54:21 PM

Is there a place I could get a loan and use my Domain Names as collateral?
Thanks in advance
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
WENGER

Activity: 274
Merit: 250

Negative rating was requested by me (SFR10)

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2015, 04:56:54 PM

It all depends on how much your loan request is and how popular your domain is but I wouldn't advise it plus due to your level, you might end up getting negative ratings if you don't have good enough collateral as opposed to what loan your requesting (the collateral should always have more value than the loan and should be easy to sell to cover the losses).
--Encrypted--
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1007

hee-ho.

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 05:00:15 PM

Is there a place I could get a loan and use my Domain Names as collateral?
Thanks in advance

yeah. here. though most people don't like taking domains as collateral because of the price are kind of speculative.
MidellX (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 05:06:23 PM

It all depends on how much your loan request is and how popular your domain is but I wouldn't advise it plus due to your level, you might end up getting negative ratings if you don't have good enough collateral as opposed to what loan your requesting (the collateral should always have more value than the loan and should be easy to sell to cover the losses).
I have 8 domain Names.
Each are appraised via estibot at between $249 to $1900+. Thats each.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 3015

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2015, 06:19:12 PM

Not to mention there might be additional fees or registration costs to transfer the domains from one person to another, then back again.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Joel_Jantsen
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1308

Get your game girl

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 08:59:42 PM

Not to mention there might be additional fees or registration costs to transfer the domains from one person to another, then back again.
No vod, I have done a domain transfer it doesn't cost you anything but needs detailed information about the user you're transferring to and transferring from. Like not only email address but birthdate etc is verified and also it doesn't happen instantly, it takes a week or at least 24 hours. I have done this at godaddy, not sure about other hosting.
bitcoin revo
Legendary

Activity: 1168
Merit: 1049

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 09:55:42 PM

No vod, I have done a domain transfer it doesn't cost you anything but needs detailed information about the user you're transferring to and transferring from. Like not only email address but birthdate etc is verified and also it doesn't happen instantly, it takes a week or at least 24 hours. I have done this at godaddy, not sure about other hosting.

That's because you were using GoDaddy; have you ever tried transferring domains to others via other domain name registrars? They typically charge a mandatory fee to transfer it (I believe it's to extend the domain by one year, but it's required). Only domain registrars such as Namecheap, GoDaddy, and a few others feature free domain name transfers within their clients.
mobnepal
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1006

View Profile
December 16, 2015, 05:44:44 PM

Making domain name as collateral seems to be terrible better sell that domain if it is worth to money you want to have. Fees on transfering account here and there will be more than loan i guess. You can run auction or even sell offer on marketplace in this forum, if your domain is quite popular.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: