Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:18:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANN - LEOcoin - Official announcement regarding LEOcoin from LEOcoin Foundation  (Read 88289 times)
LEOcoin Foundation (OP)

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2016, 02:04:20 PM

LEO LTd. announced that POS is scheduled to start at 1st of June 2016. Also a new LEO Mining Service is to be added soon.

Roel N. de Leeuw B.ec
LEOcoin Community Manager

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
LEOcoin Foundation (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2016, 02:20:25 PM
Last edit: May 23, 2016, 02:48:40 PM by LEOcoin Foundation

don't mind about being anon or not anon

It isn't about whether people mind if it is anonymous or not, it is about blatantly fraudulent claims being made as selling points to the general public. In my experience most people couldn't care less if a coin network is "truly anonymous", but they do care if they are being lied to.

Your utterances with regard to blatantly fraudulent claims being made as selling points to the general public are based on your narrow interpretation of anonymous. This is problematic, particularly as you one-sidedly use that narrow definition to base statements like ‘fraudulent’ or ‘dishonest’ on. Not I am magically twisting the meaning of “truly anonymous" to actually mean pseudo-anonymous, but you are limiting anonymous beyond its normal use in our language. Based on that exclusive use, you twist intentions and expressions to discredit LEOcoin and persons involved with LEOcoin.

With regard to the propositional content of the text you quote from the website; I agreed over and over again that (a) Leocoin is better not called ‘truly anonymous’, but rather pseudo-anonymous. For this reason, I also acted and (b) requested that the text you quote will be adapted by those who manage that website.
I am thus not downplaying something that is evidently not entirely accurate, but actually correcting it. For these reasons your conclusion that I regard pseudonymous as a variant of ‘truly anonymous’ is wrong. I have neither been doing that, nor been defending such a praxis – see (a) and (b).

What I have been doing, is attempting to explain to you in what context the text on the website has been issued in 2014. To what I stated in a previous reply in this regard, I would like to add:

“In colloquial use, "anonymous" is used to describe situations where the acting person's name is unknown” (source: Wikipedia).

It is therefore that I pointed out that your definition of anonymous is narrow – too narrow. You turn that around by saying that I would be defending a dishonest claim, but as I never disputed that the phrasing ‘truly anonymous’ is not accurate in the first place, I do not have a reason to twist of defend anything. I merely pointed out that for the meaning of a word the context needs to be taken into account. In my opinion you failed to do that.

Accordingly, I do downplay your assessment of the text you quote as (x) ‘an absolutely fraudulent claim’. As may be clear, I see the reason for you uttering that statement (x) in your exclusive use of a narrow definition of anonymous and bias against LEOcoin. Regardless of the other meanings the word “anonymity” has, in Greek it – anoonumia - literally means ‘without a name’ of ‘nameless’. So seen, namelessness is both a synonym and one of the true meanings of anonymity. Taken in this sense – and I do not claim this is the right or intended way of the author of the text – the phrase ‘truly anonymous’ can and may be interpreted like meaning something like “without passing on private details, like your full name, your home address or your bank account number.” In such a sense, your statement that the text is misleading or fraudulent would not be valid.

Yet, I have not written that text, so I simply take anonymous in a not clearly defined way. You however find in the phrase a ‘blatantly fraudulent claim’, presumably because with LEOcoin, or otherwise pseudonymous digital currency, transactions one or more IP-addresses can be traced, provided a person has the knowledge and the jurisdiction to do so. As almost all internet based exchange of data can be traced by IP-address, one could be inclined to ask, seen your definition of anonymous, if there does exist anything anonymous in the internet at all.

The important idea behind anonymity is certainly that a person is non-identifiable with regard to personally identifiable information (PII), to which indeed a transmitted IP-address does count. However, if we look at Wikipedia and see the list of PII: “full name, home address, email address, national identification number, passport number, IP address, vehicle registration plate number, driver's license number, face, fingerprints, handwriting, credit card numbers, digital identity, date of birth, birthplace, genetic information, telephone number, login name, screen name, nickname, handle, age, gender, race, workplace, grades, salary, job position or criminal record” we also see that it concerns only one instance of PII.

The mere fact that anonymity in general is not regarded in the way it is done in the ITC environment opted me to mention that your use of anonymity is too narrow. In fact, as you know yourself very well, pseudo-anonymity in digital currencies goes pretty far. It is not my intention to diminish the fact that in given circumstances, indeed transaction details can contain or lead to private information, but as long as anonymous is a pretty vague term, it goes too far, in my opinion, to reach the conclusions that you are ventilating.

Roel N. de Leeuw B.ec
Cryptotraider16

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

http://www.leocoinapp.com/

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2016, 04:18:32 PM

LEOcoinhave great future and we will see leocoin soon top 5 crypto on cmc!

Go go LEOcoin!
Guys soon POS start!
Soon leocoin will be full legal in USA!

http://www.leocoin.info - LEOcoin info App!
LEOcoin - traded on 8 exchanges! more coming - Solo POS coin!
cryptodevil
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1240

Thread-puller extraordinaire

View Profile
May 24, 2016, 06:58:43 AM

Your utterances with regard to blatantly fraudulent claims being made as selling points to the general public are based on your narrow interpretation of anonymous.../snip for dishonest wall of text attempting to redefine the meaning of words

Quote from: leocoin website
we have managed to make LEOcoin a truly anonymous digital currency

"we have managed to make LEOcoin a. . ." - This explicitly states that the people behind LEOcoin have accomplished something specific, yes?

"truly anonymous" - This explicitly defines not pseudo-anonymous, not merely anonymous, but TRULY anonymous.

LEOcoin possesses no anonymity technology or methodology which separates it from the original coin it was cloned from, correct? So to claim "we have managed to make LEOcoin a truly anonymous digital currency" would still be a lie even if Mintcoin had achieved true anonymity because it wouldn't be your organisation's accomplishment anyway.

But Mintcoin transactions are no more anonymous than Bitcoin. Yet the claim attempts to qualify itself further by putting LEOcoin alongside these 'other' currencies which do not possess the technology to be 'truly anonymous' and states:

"in contrast to others which are anonymous only on a superficial level." - This explicitly compares the, claimed, 'truly anonymous' technology utilised by LEOcoin to that of other digital currencies which do not feature this supposed unique technology, describing them as possessing a 'superficial' degree of anonymity or, as is the usual term employed to describe same, that they are pseudo-anonymous.

Now, I know you're not so dumb as to not be fully aware of the false nature of that claimed 'feature' LEOcoin promotes itself as possessing, so if you continue to try and spin that lie into somehow not being a lie I will have to negatively rate you for knowingly promoting fraud. Likewise if that claim is not removed from the website and promotional material I will negatively rate any LEOcoin branded username as collaborating and colluding with fraudsters.

It's your choice, be honest or have the forum made aware that you and every other 'LEOcoin' username are not to be trusted.

WARNING!!! Check your forum URLs carefully and avoid links to phishing sites like 'thebitcointalk' 'bitcointalk.to' and 'BitcointaLLk'
LEOcoin Foundation (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2016, 10:23:34 AM
Last edit: May 24, 2016, 09:04:22 PM by LEOcoin Foundation

@cryptodevil

you made your point, I made mine. We simply do not agree.

The text you are so focussed upon is about to be altered and LEOcoin will switch to POS next month. I see no reason to discuss the topic any further, particularly, as I have not written that text. And taken at face value, LEOcoin does offer transactions without disclosing names and thus is literally offering anonymity. Yet, this is a thing that most digital currencies do and thus not very exciting, at that time it was however new to the target group of the LEOcoin.org website.

dishonest wall of text attempting to redefine the meaning of words

First, the meaning of a word is its use in a language. So when we take anonymous (which is Greek for ‘without a name’) literally and state accordingly that when a name is not mentioned in a transaction, such a transaction is literally doing what anonymity is about. As such this is not a lie, but expressing that LEOcoin is doing what it should. This is also not a redefining of the meaning of anonymous, but a referring to its first and original meaning.

Second, many words are ambiguous to the extent that they can have so many meanings that you really need the context in which the word is used in order to determine which of the different meanings it has. Thus it is not me redefining the meaning of anonymous, but you trying to limit its meaning to a definition that suits your purposes. Meanwhile you ignore its literal meaning of ‘nameless’.

Third, definitions are made in order to understand what is being asserted in a particular statement. As it seems, you take your definition for granted, but when I point at the ambiguity of a word, you accuse me of redefining the meaning. The point is, that we have not reached a consensus on what anonymity means. We might agree on a definition, but that would be one that would be valid between us. You cannot simply take a definition from a particular and specific field, like e.g. cryptography, and then expect that whenever this word is being used by an author, this author would employ this word in the same sense as the one that matches your definition. It is for this reason that in science, words are being defined as precisely as possible, in order to avoid misunderstandings.

“In colloquial use, "anonymous" is used to describe situations where the acting person's name is unknown” (source: Wikipedia). You may not like that someone who has written the copy on the LEOcoin.org website does not follow your stance on anonymity, but that is how it works on most websites. These are not legal documents or scientific endeavours, but simply texts to express a particular view or property.

Roel N. de Leeuw B.ec
cryptodevil
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1240

Thread-puller extraordinaire

View Profile
May 25, 2016, 06:14:39 AM
Last edit: May 25, 2016, 07:46:42 AM by cryptodevil

@cryptodevil

you made your point, I made mine. We simply do not agree.

The text you are so focussed upon is about to be altered and LEOcoin will switch to POS next month. I see no reason to discuss the topic any further, particularly, as I have not written that text. And taken at face value, LEOcoin does offer transactions without disclosing names and thus is literally offering anonymity. Yet, this is a thing that most digital currencies do and thus not very exciting, at that time it was however new to the target group of the LEOcoin.org website.

dishonest wall of text attempting to redefine the meaning of words

First, the meaning of a word is its use in a language. So when we take anonymous (which is Greek for ‘without a name’) literally and state accordingly that when a name is not mentioned in a transaction, such a transaction is literally doing what anonymity is about. As such this is not a lie, but expressing that LEOcoin is doing what it should. This is also not a redefining of the meaning of anonymous, but a referring to its first and original meaning.

Second, many words are ambiguous to the extent that they can have so many meanings that you really need the context in which the word is used in order to determine which of the different meanings it has. Thus it is not me redefining the meaning of anonymous, but you trying to limit its meaning to a definition that suits your purposes. Meanwhile you ignore its literal meaning of ‘nameless’.

Third, definitions are made in order to understand what is being asserted in a particular statement. As it seems, you take your definition for granted, but when I point at the ambiguity of a word, you accuse me of redefining the meaning. The point is, that we have not reached a consensus on what anonymity means. We might agree on a definition, but that would be one that would be valid between us. You cannot simply take a definition from a particular and specific field, like e.g. cryptography, and then expect that whenever this word is being used by an author, this author would employ this word in the same sense as the one that matches your definition. It is for this reason that in science, words are being defined as precisely as possible, in order to avoid misunderstandings.

“In colloquial use, "anonymous" is used to describe situations where the acting person's name is unknown” (source: Wikipedia). You may not like that someone who has written the copy on the LEOcoin.org website does not follow your stance on anonymity, but that is how it works on most websites. These are not legal documents or scientific endeavours, but simply texts to express a particular view or property.

Wow. Just. Wow.

The initial content of the above reply post you made was bad enough, merely dismissing the issue as being that of 'opinion', but then you had to go and double-down with another wall-of-text bullshit edit.

This coin project is now considered as being a demonstrably fraudulent operation. Scam accusation thread is being drafted. I will update this post with a link to it.

[EDIT] Scam accusation thread can be found here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1484410.msg14961523#msg14961523

WARNING!!! Check your forum URLs carefully and avoid links to phishing sites like 'thebitcointalk' 'bitcointalk.to' and 'BitcointaLLk'
LEOcoin Foundation (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2016, 08:07:19 AM
Last edit: May 25, 2016, 08:25:57 AM by LEOcoin Foundation

This coin project is now considered as being a demonstrably fraudulent operation. Scam accusation thread is being drafted. I will update this post with a link to it.

The LEOcoin Foundation beliefs in liberty, freedom of expression and sharing good things. Feel free to write whatever scam warnings you feel prompted too. Then as a self appointed parkranger to guard the cryptocurrency wildlife you just have to do what you planned from the start anyway.

I advise you not to waste your time on scam accusations and instead get a book from the library on language, the meaning of words and author intention; Austin or Searle will be fine.

Meanwhile we will be committed to make LEOcoin reach a solid place in the digital currency community. As you refrained from getting overly personal, you will get a response if you have another issue. The discussions and ponderings on a text I have not written is now closed, for as far as I am concerned.

Roel N. de Leeuw B.ec
Cryptotraider16

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2016, 08:45:04 AM

LEOcoin is a legit cryptocurrency!
Lets we wait next days when POS start and all!
I sm sure we will soon see LEOcoin on few big exchanges!
And also on www.coinmarketcap.com under top 10 cryptocurrency!!!!

BarrioFInito

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 25, 2016, 09:11:57 AM
Last edit: May 25, 2016, 09:48:19 AM by BarrioFInito

@Cryptotraider16 you again.....you liar you, you been sayin that for how long now?   Grin Cheesy Wink

Leo minion you, how much they paying you to troll here? Wink Grin Cheesy
stop with you "my inside connect, coin market cap," and so on....your just embarrassing yourself with bullshit like that...

If you look at the https://leoxchange.com/ you will see that LEO is already at 11 place  Huh Roll Eyes Grin Cheesy

But that dont mean its true, its just means that someone from LEO thought is was a fun idea to copy / paste coinmarketcap list and add LEO in 11 place, witch is a LIE and a MANIPULATION of FACTS.

But that is something LEO is good at right? Lies, manipulations, withholding funds, + more (yes, if you cant transfer 1 BTC or 200,300€ in 5 day period, you are withholding my funds, point blank period)

So if you have ANY CREDIBLE info / news, please do share, if not, please stop trolling and lying your ass off (yes you are something i would call a liar, go check the forum for a month or 2 back, and see what you claimed and what came out of it)

Till next time, this is always fun  Cheesy

Peter78

Activity: 149

View Profile
May 25, 2016, 11:38:47 AM

Dear LeoCoin Foundation,

We shall see how the LEOcoin development team will lay out the block chain voting procedure. Than we have something tangible to talk about.

Any news on this?

The switch to POS was announced, but I see no information on the vote ?

Thank you!
LEOcoin Foundation (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2016, 02:13:26 PM

Dear LeoCoin Foundation,

We shall see how the LEOcoin development team will lay out the block chain voting procedure. Than we have something tangible to talk about.

Any news on this?

Thank you!

Dear Peter78,

I have been in discussion with the developers on the vote. Both LEO Ltd. and the LEOcoin Foundation were keen to hold one, but the technical barrier - a fully developed infrastructure for voting via signed messaging - proved too great in this instance. Coding and transformation took a lot longer than originally planned, as is the way with these things.

However, the LEOcoin Foundation has been in discussion with some other major holders of LEOcoin. They have been involved in the preparation of PoS and represented the voice of the LEOcoin owners. It is seen that PoS is the proper way to go.

So while the vote was absolutely our ambition, unfortunately it proved too great a challenge given the time we were working to. This was especially important given the botnet issue that has been harming all LEOcoin owners. We await a recovery now, as it is expected that the majority of the newly created coins through staking will be held by those who are long on LEOcoin.

Roel N. de Leeuw B.ec
Cryptotraider16

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2016, 02:22:15 PM

Dear LeoCoin Foundation,

Any news on this?

Thank you!

Dear Peter78,

I have been in discussion with the developers on the vote. Both LEO Ltd. and the LEOcoin Foundation were keen to hold one, but the technical barrier - a fully developed infrastructure for voting via signed messaging - proved too great in this instance. Coding and transformation took a lot longer than originally planned, as is the way with these things.

However, the LEOcoin Foundation has been in discussion with some other major holders of LEOcoin. They have been involved in the preparation of PoS and represented the voice of the LEOcoin owners. It is seen that PoS is the proper way to go.

So while the vote was absolutely our ambition, unfortunately it proved too great a challenge given the time we were working to. This was especially important given the botnet issue that has been harming all LEOcoin owners. We await a recovery now, as it is expected that the majority of the newly created coins through staking will be held by those who are long on LEOcoin.

Great replay! Me and my friends hold aprox 2milion and YES we are for  POS!

Cryptotraider16

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2016, 02:24:38 PM

Now we sale LISk and buy leocoin cheap! We are now real happy pos not start before!!!!👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼

BarrioFInito

View Profile
May 25, 2016, 02:38:25 PM

Now we sale LISk and buy leocoin cheap! We are now real happy pos not start before!!!!👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼

Troll lo lo lolollo lloollololo loolololol
TROLL!!!!   Wink Cheesy Grin

Say some bout deamon, botnet, coinmarketcap or any other useless bullshit-..but make sure yo talk to your bosses before ... Wink Cheesy Grin Tongue
buriks

Activity: 826
Merit: 303

View Profile
May 25, 2016, 04:09:08 PM

LEOcoinhave great future and we will see leocoin soon top 5 crypto on cmc!

Go go LEOcoin!
Guys soon POS start!
Soon leocoin will be full legal in USA!
i always waiting Leocoin in future
ivocoins

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 11:18:55 AM

Troll lo lo lolollo lloollololo loolololol
TROLL!!!!   Wink Cheesy Grin

Say some bout deamon, botnet, coinmarketcap or any other useless bullshit-..but make sure yo talk to your bosses before ... Wink Cheesy Grin Tongue

he bye lika cheep ...baaaah baaah
1btcdream

Activity: 393
Merit: 297

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 11:41:35 AM

Not a good idea! should be the other way around if you really want to make some long term profit.
Cryptotraider16

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2016, 03:45:20 PM

Not a good idea! should be the other way around if you really want to make some long term profit.

I still hold 100k for later if price hit 1-3$!?👍🏼

BarrioFInito

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 04:55:24 PM

[/quote]

[/quote]

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
sure it will....keep on holding... Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Tongue Tongue
Cryptotraider16

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2016, 06:05:44 PM

[/quote]

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin
sure it will....keep on holding... Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Tongue Tongue
[/quote]

Some say but i do not believe! But lets see i dont need money so i can wait. I already got my invested money back so that 100k is total extra!! Pure profit! 😎😎😎

Pages: « 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 »
  Print  

Jump to: