Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 07:45:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to erase transaction and get coins back in wallet  (Read 1176 times)
PublicP2poolNode (OP)

Activity: 347
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 12:31:36 AM

So something strange happened the other day, all of a sudden it appeared I had many more bitcoins in my wallet than I should have had. Also I believe I was under the malleability attack because every time I sent coins it appeared twice on my wallet although only one would confirm.

Trying to see if I really had the coins it said I had I sent them to myself.

That didn't confirm either.

Then I tried spending what I new I should have in the wallet for sure. And of course it didn't confirm either with a fee of .0001

Question, if I sent coins I actually had combined with coins I didn't have to myself, then tried to send coins I actually had but now they were from a transaction that will never clear becasue they were mixed with coins that didn't exist... Arghh

How can i erase all the ones that haven't confirmed and get my actual coins back?

WINGS Beta is live - List your ICO for only 5000 WINGS at https://wings.ai Over $650 Million raised by ICOs with WINGS since June 2017

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
JumperX

Activity: 672
Merit: 503

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 12:45:32 AM

you are referring about the "ghost" transaction right? if my understand is right then you only need to wait 2-3days and the unconfirmed transaction will be dropped by the memory pool and your coins will be back in your wallet as there is nothing happened
PublicP2poolNode (OP)

Activity: 347
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 01:05:28 AM
Last edit: December 15, 2015, 01:23:04 AM by PublicP2poolNode

If the network forgets about it then how will the coins return if my wallet says that I spent them. Don't I need to somehow erase the transaction from my bitcoin-qt and then let the network forget about it. And if so how do I delete it from my bitcoin-qt so that it appears it never happened and let the network forget about it?

WINGS Beta is live - List your ICO for only 5000 WINGS at https://wings.ai Over $650 Million raised by ICOs with WINGS since June 2017
JumperX

Activity: 672
Merit: 503

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 01:38:48 AM

If the network forgets about it then how will the coins return if my wallet says that I spent them. Don't I need to somehow erase the transaction from my bitcoin-qt and then let the network forget about it. And if so how do I delete it from my bitcoin-qt so that it appears it never happened and let the network forget about it?

if the transaction is dropped in the network, then i guess you only need to resync your wallet and your coins will appear to it again and the transaction wont show up in the logs as if it never happened
achow101
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 6505

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2015, 01:39:25 AM

You can run Bitcoin core with the -zapwallettxes option. It will remove all unconfirmed transactions from your wallet so it will have forgotten about it. All you need to do is wait for the network to drop it.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: