Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:10:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 [534] 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DCR] Decred - Community Governance | Bitcoin Devs | Lightning Network  (Read 1201064 times)
gembitz

Activity: 1834
Merit: 639

*Brute force will solve any Bitcoin problem*

View Profile
July 11, 2019, 08:23:16 PM

Decred Journal — June 2019 https://medium.com/decred/decred-journal-june-2019-81c78144013c

June’s highlights:

Budgets approved on Politeia for Ditto (PR), the bug bounty program, open source research, decentralized exchange specification and block header commitments consensus change that will boost SPV security and pave the way for other improvements.

iOS Wallet v1.0 released on the App Store on Jul 10.

dcrdata v5.0 released. New charts and data visualizations for exploring Decred data, improvements in performance, security and architecture.

Smoother experience for contractors submitting invoices with bug fixes and UI improvements in the Contractor Management System (CMS) — an important milestone in rolling out the DCC and financial reporting.

This month saw some high profile podcast appearances and an increase in Decred mentions in articles and on social media. The DecredChallenge is gaining some traction and encouraging people to look into Decred, understand it, and discuss whether it deserves a more prominent position in the cryptocurrency space.

problem with pump and dump schemes like DCR are the insiders greed... fraudulent airdrops and attacks on privacy are not something to be proud of !!
:\ never forget , never forgive

©2021*MY POSTS ARE STRICTLY FOR NOVELTY AND/OR PRESERVATION/COLLECTING PURPOSES ONLY!*It should not be regarded as investment/trading advice.*advocate to promote sharing and free software for the bitcoin community* #EFF #FSF #XTZ ===> START WITH NOTHING AND BUILD IT INTO SOMETHING!
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
invisiblefriend321

Activity: 174
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 15, 2019, 10:05:17 AM

i have held DECRED for years --

only small amount ...

is it worth staking .... is it worth holding long term ?

is it a pump and dump token now ?

I was thinking about possibly investing more while down -- but getting nervous with many comments around the internet by respectful peeps ?

plz lemme know why I should get heavy into the community ?

thx my friends

namaste
bspus
Legendary

Activity: 2165
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 15, 2019, 11:10:27 AM

only small amount ...

I was thinking about possibly investing more while down -- but getting nervous with many comments around the internet by respectful peeps ?

thx my friends

namaste

Who are the respectful peeps who say negative things about decred? I hope you don't mean gemblitz  Tongue
btw, it was never a pump and dump no matter what he says above.

It's worth staking if you have the minimum amount. I stake on my own node but if you don't want to go through the trouble you have to research how to actually stake. This is not a typical staking coin.

Besides bitcoin, this is the only other long-term hold position I have. Given the circumstances in the market, the performance is actually not that disappointing

gembitz

View Profile
July 15, 2019, 02:15:25 PM

only small amount ...

thx my friends

namaste

Who are the respectful peeps who say negative things about decred? I hope you don't mean gemblitz  Tongue
btw, it was never a pump and dump no matter what he says above.

It's worth staking if you have the minimum amount. I stake on my own node but if you don't want to go through the trouble you have to research how to actually stake. This is not a typical staking coin.

Besides bitcoin, this is the only other long-term hold position I have. Given the circumstances in the market, the performance is actually not that disappointing

pump and dump by PAID PROMOTERS is one thing... this doxxing and phishing scam via DECRED & BITTREX is another more sinister plot whereas your info gets sold to darkweb. :\  hopefully the SEC does some consumer protection Americans should not be subjected to these kind of online phishing attempts.

©2021*MY POSTS ARE STRICTLY FOR NOVELTY AND/OR PRESERVATION/COLLECTING PURPOSES ONLY!*It should not be regarded as investment/trading advice.*advocate to promote sharing and free software for the bitcoin community* #EFF #FSF #XTZ ===> START WITH NOTHING AND BUILD IT INTO SOMETHING!
invisiblefriend321

View Profile
July 15, 2019, 05:01:53 PM

@gembitz Huh?

... is any of this really true ?

or just a misunderstanding ...

thx for any proof --- anything to help make my decision --

@bspus
thx for your info ----    i will put a lot of weight on it -- namaste
sp glad u doing ok with decried --

silly me never learned after 2018 -- and i held cardano and many others -- like a fool --

i want to start fresh and proper !
IncludeBeer
Legendary

Activity: 1164
Merit: 1010

View Profile
July 15, 2019, 05:32:11 PM

@gembitz Huh?

... is any of this really true ?

or just a misunderstanding ...

thx for any proof --- anything to help make my decision --

@bspus
thx for your info ----    i will put a lot of weight on it -- namaste
sp glad u doing ok with decried --

silly me never learned after 2018 -- and i held cardano and many others -- like a fool --

i want to start fresh and proper !
gembitz is our resident troll. Nothing he says is true, literally nothing. Here's a link where he admits he messed up on his own account and missed the airdrop: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1290358.msg22659558#msg22659558

Decred is 1 of the 2 coins I'm hodling. I keep all of mine staked. It's easy passive income, and no one can take it away from you. Plus, now that Politeia is live, you could use that stake ticket to vote:
https://proposals.decred.org/?tab=discussion

Grow the Dividend Snek! (pm me if you have questions)
https://powh.io/?masternode=0x1f9b145fdaef2b82aef29c2f3c9b875a8b017512
EmilioMann
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1028

#mitandopelomundo

View Profile
July 15, 2019, 10:33:19 PM
Last edit: July 16, 2019, 03:23:49 AM by EmilioMann

EDITED
invisiblefriend321

View Profile
July 15, 2019, 10:40:41 PM

[/quote]
gembitz is our resident troll. Nothing he says is true, literally nothing. Here's a link where he admits he messed up on his own account and missed the airdrop: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1290358.msg22659558#msg22659558

Decred is 1 of the 2 coins I'm hodling. I keep all of mine staked. It's easy passive income, and no one can take it away from you. Plus, now that Politeia is live, you could use that stake ticket to vote:
[/quote]

thank u for straitening all out -- and great info my friend !

I'm pretty much a maximalist but got into decred back in day--   im glad to hear its still strong and worth holding / staking --

its probably a good time to grab the balance I need for staking -- i have the minimum -- but would like to do full node and full ticket stake --

thx again

best of luck moving forward  Smiley
EmilioMann
Legendary

#mitandopelomundo

View Profile
July 16, 2019, 03:22:42 AM

"My thesis for Decred isn't so much as a Bitcoin destroyer, but it is something that can destroy Litecoin, XRP, Bitcoin Cash and frankly all the other trash that exists in the top 10 on coinmarketcap. I think Decred is massively fundamentally undervalued..."
Murad Mahmudov at 25 minutes

"I think the Treasury is a very very wise decision to have been implemented for the long term. I think it has a lot of potential, if I am right about my Decred thesis there's going to be a tremendously large sum of money under the guidance of the Decred community..."

https://twitter.com/decredproject/status/1150836740665552896

https://soundcloud.com/decredindepth/murad-mahmudov-dcr-investment-thesis-sov-narrative-crypto-economics

https://t.co/49pUjCK0RE
gembitz

View Profile
July 16, 2019, 02:07:59 PM

decred = commies!

Commies? But China, being communists, didn't stop them from being one of the richest, most powerful nations in the world that would take over the USA's slot.

What do you have against the Chinese? Cool

they can have their decred shitcoin ~ we don't need people who choose to live under a rock! :\ pfft

Who lives under a rock? China has a better/larger economy than most countries in world. It will also become the most advanced countries, technologically by 2050. If someone is living under a rock, it's you. Cool

like i said ===> communists.  Roll Eyes  meh

According to your opinion. But your country/"free world" might be more dependent on a country run by communists than you know, and that's the truth.

But we are off-topic, back to Decred. Cool

CENSORSHIP WILL NOT HELP YOU

===> AIRDROP OF ALL YOUR TAXABLE ASSETS WHEN ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Communist_Manifesto

IncludeBeer
Legendary

Activity: 1164
Merit: 1010

View Profile
July 18, 2019, 12:44:16 AM

"My thesis for Decred isn't so much as a Bitcoin destroyer, but it is something that can destroy Litecoin, XRP, Bitcoin Cash and frankly all the other trash that exists in the top 10 on coinmarketcap. I think Decred is massively fundamentally undervalued..."
Murad Mahmudov at 25 minutes

"I think the Treasury is a very very wise decision to have been implemented for the long term. I think it has a lot of potential, if I am right about my Decred thesis there's going to be a tremendously large sum of money under the guidance of the Decred community..."

https://twitter.com/decredproject/status/1150836740665552896

https://soundcloud.com/decredindepth/murad-mahmudov-dcr-investment-thesis-sov-narrative-crypto-economics

https://t.co/49pUjCK0RE

That podcast is legit. His whole podcast series on Decred is worth listening to.

Grow the Dividend Snek! (pm me if you have questions)
https://powh.io/?masternode=0x1f9b145fdaef2b82aef29c2f3c9b875a8b017512
invisiblefriend321

View Profile
July 18, 2019, 02:03:54 AM

(((n00b rant)))

keep shilling your phishing scam via bittrex the hammer is coming down ..don't be the last chump hodling the shitcoin bag  Roll Eyes  meh

seems like you the same noob from back in 2013 when i started my crypto journey ! 

if you have any proof of anything kindly show it -- evidence should be easy to come by if what you say is true ?

if you can share we appreciate !

i imagine you have been holding and not happy -----  not looking at long term !

I have been mining btc since 2015 and still look long term !
gembitz

View Profile
July 18, 2019, 03:48:59 PM

(((n00b rant)))

keep shilling your phishing scam via bittrex the hammer is coming down ..don't be the last chump hodling the shitcoin bag  Roll Eyes  meh

seems like you the same noob from back in 2013 when i started my crypto journey !  

if you have any proof of anything kindly show it -- evidence should be easy to come by if what you say is true ?

if you can share we appreciate !

i imagine you have been holding and not happy -----  not looking at long term !

I have been mining btc since 2015 and still look long term !

you not hearing me they did a FRAUDULENT airdrop ... through this process i found other people that experienced the exact same thing here. I will NEVER stop my inquiries to these LOST BITCOINS ... lets continue this fuckery? or just pay what is owed ? :\ GREED IS GOOD --dcr devs

bspus
Legendary

Activity: 2165
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 19, 2019, 11:08:55 AM

you not hearing me they did a FRAUDULENT airdrop ... through this process i found other people that experienced the exact same thing here.

Sorry, those other personalities of yours don't count as different people!

gembitz

View Profile
July 20, 2019, 08:30:27 PM

[/quote]

thank u for straitening all out -- and great info my friend !

I'm pretty much a maximalist but got into decred back in day--   im glad to hear its still strong and worth holding / staking --

its probably a good time to grab the balance I need for staking -- i have the minimum -- but would like to do full node and full ticket stake --

thx again

best of luck moving forward  Smiley
[/quote]

keep shilling your phishing scam via bittrex created premine shitcoin >> the hammer of removal is coming down ..don't be the last n00b hodling the shitcoin bag   Cheesy Grin Kiss  meh

gembitz

View Profile
July 20, 2019, 08:32:34 PM

you not hearing me they did a FRAUDULENT airdrop ... through this process i found other people that experienced the exact same thing here.

Sorry, those other personalities of yours don't count as different people!

monero devs ? oh ok man ...you a legendary shill!!  Kiss  lol

EmilioMann
Legendary

#mitandopelomundo

View Profile
July 21, 2019, 06:55:30 PM

Nice article written by Jake Yocom-Piatt about Libra

https://www.ccn.com/news/libra-friend-or-foe/2019/07/21/

Libra: Friend or Foe? Worst Case Scenario Post-Congressional Hearings

Facebook is in the hot seat this week, as Congress asks burning questions about the company’s Libra “cryptocurrency.” I use quotes, because in the purest sense, a cryptocurrency is decentralized, trustless, and permissionless. Libra is none of these. Instead, Libra is more likely to become a private currency that enables a turnkey totalitarian state with all-encompassing surveillance.

While the Libra Association is purportedly an independent, decentralized entity that governs the project, Libra’s consensus system is so corporate it’s offensive to call it a true cryptocurrency. It’s effectively a meta-corporate entity, with the likes of Visa, Mastercard, PayPal, Uber and Spotify at the helm.

Facebook & a fundamental lack of trust

As far as being “trustless,” why wouldn’t you trust Facebook? The company was recently fined $5 billion for breaching consumer privacy. Now you want to trust them with your personal data AND finances?

The term “permissionless” in the context of blockchains means that no centralized gatekeeper can determine whether or not you can participate in the network. The 27 other founding members of Libra paid a pretty penny to be validator nodes in the network—an initial minimum investment of $10 million worth of Libra Investment Tokens issued by the Association—and had to meet very specific criteria laid out by Facebook. These entities form an elite and centralized group of gatekeepers who will control permission on the Libra network. This is just another central planning committee.

Now Facebook can deplatform you AND your bank account, which is a super powerful tool for whomever is controlling it—whether that is big tech or government, or perhaps both. Considering Facebook’s pattern of selectively deplatforming users on the basis of their political beliefs or similar, tightly integrating a payment system with Facebook’s existing social media platform is an extremely dangerous proposition.

Worst case scenario: big tech and government in cahoots

Corporatism, the control of a state or organization by large interest groups, sounds like an accurate description for Libra and an evolutionary step towards fascism. Libra espouses the very altruistic mission of empowering billions, especially the unbanked, with a simple, global currency and financial infrastructure. I retain a healthy amount of skepticism.

The real question is who’s in the driver’s seat—big tech or government? In this scenario, I see the answer as both. While this looks like a battle between legislators and big tech, the reality is that they could wind-up collaborating to create a competitor to Bitcoin that is government-regulated. I don’t think it’s a coincidence that news outlets are asking whether Bitcoin was created by a serial criminal concurrent with the discussion of Libra.

Libra could serve the surveillance state

The US government would likely see Libra as an opportunity to surveil the public more thoroughly, similar to how WeChat has been operating in China. Libra claims it will keep transactional data separate from social data, but Facebook’s track record and core competency of strip mining users’ privacy makes that claim implausible. This system sets up a total reversal of the essence of blockchain: instead of a new kind of banking that returns the power to the people, Libra sets up the ultimate surveillance state.

The social credit system in China, where every single action you take is tracked by the government and rolled into a social credit score is exactly where Libra is headed. Libra would be one more step on the road to a totalitarian state, one in which the government sees your every move and tracks your every dollar. It’s easy for the government to act like a neutral or even antagonistic party questioning Libra in Senate hearings.

Behind this veil of congressional mistrust of big tech lies enough powerful interest groups and venture capitalists to benefit from a symbiotic relationship, whereby they acquire and monetize data that allows the government insight into every citizen’s lifelog. Furthermore, the possibility of code-based, behind the scenes monitoring via cameras and microphones embedded into every citizen’s hip pocket render the wiretapping and telecom scandals of the past tame in comparison. Ultimately, once the technology is widely adopted, the government stands to reap the benefits.

Is the tar and feathering of Bitcoin and congressional outrage a cover for the Trojan horse public-private conspiracy to install a renewed version of the US Defense Department’s lifelog, an effort canceled in 2004 (the same year Facebook was founded) to build a database tracking a person’s entire existence? Only time will tell.

by Jake Yocom-Piatt
EmilioMann
Legendary

#mitandopelomundo

View Profile
July 31, 2019, 08:16:34 PM

https://github.com/decred/dcrdex/

https://twitter.com/decredproject/status/1156652694502817793

gembitz

View Profile
August 01, 2019, 02:54:13 AM

so says the people who tried to dox me  Roll Eyes  hmmm

Wind_FURY
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1814

View Profile
August 05, 2019, 10:21:34 AM

Am I the only one in the forum who believes Libra will never launch? The degree of political push-back it will get will be so big, Facebook will give up.

██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
.SHUFFLE.COM..███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
...Next Generation Crypto Casino...
Pages: « 1 ... 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 [534] 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 »
  Print  

Jump to: