Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 07:20:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Antminer S5 showing non-existent 3rd chain  (Read 497 times)
kebabman (OP)

Activity: 655
Merit: 504

You wan chili saus?

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 04:00:18 PM

One of my S5's has been a bit weird since I got it, showing a non-existent third chain. It mines fine at standard speed, but it has a habbit of crashing every 4-5 days and requiring a restart. I tried reseating the control board which didn't help, also tried moving the ribbon cables from the ASIC boards to the other open connectors...but that makes the second AND third chain disappear so it then mines at 50% speed. I figure it must be a controller problem otherwise it wouldn't hash at full speed for 4-5 days but not sure what else to try to get it stable, feel like I need to get rid of this phantom third chain.

Anyone else seen this? Any suggestions on what to try to get the miner stable or am I SOL?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
VirosaGITS
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1068

View Profile
December 15, 2015, 11:17:18 PM

One of my S5's has been a bit weird since I got it, showing a non-existent third chain. It mines fine at standard speed, but it has a habbit of crashing every 4-5 days and requiring a restart. I tried reseating the control board which didn't help, also tried moving the ribbon cables from the ASIC boards to the other open connectors...but that makes the second AND third chain disappear so it then mines at 50% speed. I figure it must be a controller problem otherwise it wouldn't hash at full speed for 4-5 days but not sure what else to try to get it stable, feel like I need to get rid of this phantom third chain.

Anyone else seen this? Any suggestions on what to try to get the miner stable or am I SOL?

Hahh, i'd edge toward just using a cheap fix. Have your mining monitor auto restart the miner every 3 days or whatever.

Still i never seen this issue with a controller before, did you try all 4 slots? I wonder if it could be simply one of them has its signal cross so its thinking there is an unpowered blade on it.

Still icky, a controller that is starting to show issues could be a symptom of a bigger issue. Or it could be completely fine other than these little quirks.

▄▄█████▄▄
                    ▐████████████▄
                   ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▌
             █▄  ▄█▀           ▀▀█
              ▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   █▄   ▄

▄▀▀         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄ ▄▀▀▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄
         ████▒▒███    ████▒▒████▌
    ▀█▄ ▀
███████▄ ███▒▒███      ██▒▒█████       ▀█▄
 ███████ ▀█▒▒████     ▄█▒▒█████▀         ▀█ ▄  ▄▄
  ██████  ▌▀▀█████▄▄▄███████▀▀            ███▄███▌